Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 30, 2021 2:28 PM
Mar 2021
As the title says, this anime is almost guaranteed to never get a re-adaptation. I see a lot of people comparing this to FMA: Brotherhood and Fruits Basket. The problem with this is that those anime are by far in the minority of anime overall. Anime like TPN get butchered all the time and never receive a re-adaptation of any kind. Forgive me if I'm mistaken on some of the facts, but I'm pretty sure FMA got re-adapted primarily because the manga was still going and extremely popular. This made it profitable enough for the studio to take another stab at it. Fruits Basket is only getting a re-adaptation because the author (and presumably her fans) campaigned for YEARS to get a new adaptation. TPN's manga is done. Shirai is extremely unlikely to potentially jeopardize his relationship with CW to campaign for a new adaptation. Assuming he would even get his way. The chances of getting a re-adaption of this story in any official capacity (other than that live action thing I'm ignoring) is basically lighting-in-a-bottle at this point. Don't hold your breath guys. It kills me to say this just as much as it does you guys, but there's still hope!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKqEPCroXIY

Aspheric Project is attempting to do their own adaptation of TPN's story. Please check it out, and support this fan-made piece of content if you can. This is likely the last animated adaptation of this story we will ever see, so let's make it a good one!
Mar 30, 2021 2:30 PM

Jan 2020
Nice. I don't really care much about whether or not they will since season 2 has completely ruined the story for me

Mar 30, 2021 3:44 PM
May 2020
Another difference is that to my understanding those re-adaptations happened because the anime was releasing at the same time as the manga, and they were forced to create a genuine anime original ending. Promised Neverland isn’t “anime original” it’s just the latter half of the series condensed until it is unrecognizable. The series has been ruined for everyone who watched it because now we know what happens in the manga as well, just in an inferior form. It’s really sad but hopefully this will be an example for future adaptations so that others won’t get butchered.
Mar 30, 2021 5:02 PM

Jul 2017
The Promised Slideshow is perfect as it is anyway.

Mar 30, 2021 5:39 PM
Jan 2021
Last episode slideshow already explained that they don't want to have anything to do with TPN anymore.
Mar 30, 2021 10:11 PM

Dec 2015
Hot_Green_Tea said:
Last episode slideshow already explained that they don't want to have anything to do with TPN anymore.

I didn't watch till the last episode, what did they show in this slideshow that explained that they don't want to have anything to do with TPN anymore?
Mar 30, 2021 10:36 PM
Aug 2017
snyviper said:
Hot_Green_Tea said:

I didn't watch till the last episode, what did they show in this slideshow that explained that they don't want to have anything to do with TPN anymore?
So basically, they ended up showing how the story ends in the manga with the majority of the kids leaving for the human world with a few minor tweaks. They then proceed to run through 30-40 chapters that had yet to be adapted in the anime within like 2 mins. In which, they free all the farm children, overthrow the demon government, install Mujika as the new ruler, have Emma met literal God, and then just stroll over to the human world to met up with rest of the kids in the human world. In a 2 minute slideshow. No animation at all. The most insulting part is they literally didn't even have to show any of it as the ending they did do before the slideshow was a least somewhat decent in that it at least wrapped everything up. Still shitty but, you know. Think Hot_Green_Tea means that since they decided to show what material they possible could have used for a new season or movie later on they are completely throwing out any possibility of every returning to the material again since it has already been "shown".
Mar 30, 2021 11:14 PM
Mar 2021
darkstom248 said:
snyviper said:

So basically, they ended up showing how the story ends in the manga with the majority of the kids leaving for the human world with a few minor tweaks. They then proceed to run through 30-40 chapters that had yet to be adapted in the anime within like 2 mins. In which, they free all the farm children, overthrow the demon government, install Mujika as the new ruler, have Emma met literal God, and then just stroll over to the human world to met up with rest of the kids in the human world. In a 2 minute slideshow. No animation at all. The most insulting part is they literally didn't even have to show any of it as the ending they did do before the slideshow was a least somewhat decent in that it at least wrapped everything up. Still shitty but, you know. Think Hot_Green_Tea means that since they decided to show what material they possible could have used for a new season or movie later on they are completely throwing out any possibility of every returning to the material again since it has already been "shown".

I think the worst part of the slideshow ending might be that they show scenes such as the Demon Queen and her nobles. It boggles my mind because this is something one can only understand if they read the manga. Anime-onlies won't even understand the significance of many of the important characters we see in those slides. Holy crap. What a mess.
Mar 30, 2021 11:14 PM
Mar 2021
darkstom248 said:
snyviper said:

I think the worst part of the slideshow ending might be that they show scenes such as the Demon Queen and her nobles. It boggles my mind because this is something one can only understand if they read the manga. Anime-onlies won't even understand the significance of many of the important characters we see in those slides. Holy crap. What a mess.
Mar 30, 2021 11:20 PM
Dec 2020
Attackonfiller said:
that “slideshow”, is actually a common technique used in film and animation. Still images are often used to depict the passage of time and, since we got a big timeskip in the last episode, it was perfectly normal for them to insert still images. Now I could understand the hate and frustration if half or the whole episode consisted of these still images, however it was only for around 1 minute. I definitely feel like people are taking this way out of proportion.
Mar 30, 2021 11:49 PM
Mar 2021
Kittxy said:
Attackonfiller said:
that “slideshow”, is actually a common technique used in film and animation. Still images are often used to depict the passage of time and, since we got a big timeskip in the last episode, it was perfectly normal for them to insert still images. Now I could understand the hate and frustration if half or the whole episode consisted of these still images, however it was only for around 1 minute. I definitely feel like people are taking this way out of proportion.

Here's the thing, those films that use the slideshow that you're talking about don't use it as a tool to quickly get through some of the most important parts of the story. The reason people are rightfully pissed is because those slides actually contain MASSIVE plot points in the series. I imagine that you're an anime-only, because if you weren't you would not have said that. Imagine if the Goku vs Frieza fight, All Might vs All For One fight, or some other major plot heavy parts of a story were just shown as a series of slides. This isn't just time passing dude. This is literally ENTIRE sections of the story being represented as single frames. Literally entire ARCS. PLEASE read the manga. You'll understand everything. BTW I'm not judging or hating on you or anything. I'm just trying to explain why this is such a huge deal. Please read the manga.
Mar 31, 2021 12:03 AM
Dec 2020
Greg96 said:
Kittxy said:

Here's the thing, those films that use the slideshow that you're talking about don't use it as a tool to quickly get through some of the most important parts of the story. The reason people are rightfully pissed is because those slides actually contain MASSIVE plot points in the series. I imagine that you're an anime-only, because if you weren't you would not have said that. Imagine if the Goku vs Frieza fight, All Might vs All For One fight, or some other major plot heavy parts of a story were just shown as a series of slides. This isn't just time passing dude. This is literally ENTIRE sections of the story being represented as single frames. Literally entire ARCS. PLEASE read the manga. You'll understand everything. BTW I'm not judging or hating on you or anything. I'm just trying to explain why this is such a huge deal. Please read the manga.
Hahah, nope. I am a long time tpn manga reader. I’ve read it over 5 times in the past 2 and a half years. I have all the available volumes. You have to remember they only had 11 episodes to fit everything. I don’t believe they could have done any better than they did. In my opinion, I think the fact that they put in slides that are nods to the manga readers and arcs is an amazing idea, because it will only make the anime onlies want to read the manga even more to find out more. It’s marketing, and they know what they’re doing. Pretty much the only people who are bashing season 2 are the manga readers who can’t understand that they shouldn’t compare it to the manga. They’ve said since 2019 they would deviate from it. Knowing this, I went into the anime not expecting to see things from the manga, and with that, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the season. Same with anime onlies, since they don’t know what’s being “skipped”, they are able to enjoy it. If people don’t go in expecting, they won’t be disappointed.
Mar 31, 2021 12:07 AM
Jun 2020
Kittxy said:
Greg96 said:

Hahah, nope. I am a long time tpn manga reader. I’ve read it over 5 times in the past 2 and a half years. I have all the available volumes. You have to remember they only had 11 episodes to fit everything. I don’t believe they could have done any better than they did. In my opinion, I think the fact that they put in slides that are nods to the manga readers and arcs is an amazing idea, because it will only make the anime onlies want to read the manga even more to find out more. It’s marketing, and they know what they’re doing. Pretty much the only people who are bashing season 2 are the manga readers who can’t understand that they shouldn’t compare it to the manga. They’ve said since 2019 they would deviate from it. Knowing this, I went into the anime not expecting to see things from the manga, and with that, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the season. Same with anime onlies, since they don’t know what’s being “skipped”, they are able to enjoy it. If people don’t go in expecting, they won’t be disappointed.
Your last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. You are being delusional my dude, its time to give it up and move on from this anime. The series is dead and it most certainly won't ever be fondly remembered, and I think almost everyone here would agree with me.
Mar 31, 2021 1:52 AM
Dec 2020
Nafis_Syed said:
Kittxy said:
Your last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. You are being delusional my dude, its time to give it up and move on from this anime. The series is dead and it most certainly won't ever be fondly remembered, and I think almost everyone here would agree with me.
Or you could respect other people’s opinions instead of calling me delusional. This just shows what the people who bash season 2 are like. Your opinion is not everyone’s. I know that people who are meant to enjoy season 2 definitely will. Not those who skip over it or rate it a 1/10 without even giving it a chance because they heard from some manga reader that “season 2 is bad”. Everyone has their own opinion. Every person is different in what they enjoy. Do not try to force your hate of season 2 on other people. Let them decide for themselves if they like it or not. Also the promised Neverland is dead to YOU. Not to everyone. Stop projecting everything onto everyone. Many many fans know that The Promised Neverland will never die. I hope you know that. It will live fondly in the hearts of so many people. I bet there are just as many people who love season 2 as much as there are people who hate it. However the hate train is obnoxiously loud, and the love is often blocked out by it. But we are here. Don’t think we don’t exist. There are many of us. Many that know how good season 2 truly was. Many of us that could enjoy it without attempting to compare every second to the manga. Just as many of us as there are of you who bash season 2. Remember that. Your opinion is not everyone’s. Remember it.
Mar 31, 2021 2:27 AM
Jun 2020
Kittxy said:
Nafis_Syed said:
Or you could respect other people’s opinions instead of calling me delusional. This just shows what the people who bash season 2 are like. Your opinion is not everyone’s. I know that people who are meant to enjoy season 2 definitely will. Not those who skip over it or rate it a 1/10 without even giving it a chance because they heard from some manga reader that “season 2 is bad”. Everyone has their own opinion. Every person is different in what they enjoy. Do not try to force your hate of season 2 on other people. Let them decide for themselves if they like it or not. Also the promised Neverland is dead to YOU. Not to everyone. Stop projecting everything onto everyone. Many many fans know that The Promised Neverland will never die. I hope you know that. It will live fondly in the hearts of so many people. I bet there are just as many people who love season 2 as much as there are people who hate it. However the hate train is obnoxiously loud, and the love is often blocked out by it. But we are here. Don’t think we don’t exist. There are many of us. Many that know how good season 2 truly was. Many of us that could enjoy it without attempting to compare every second to the manga. Just as many of us as there are of you who bash season 2. Remember that. Your opinion is not everyone’s. Remember it.
How optimistically naive. Let's snap back to reality now shall we, whilst it is true that there is nothing wrong with liking the TPN S2, you cannot however deny the fact that many people were left extremely disappointed by it. I mean, the recent data on the anime's poor reception further backs up my claim and so does various posts/forums/youtube videos, that are heavily shitting on it. Tell me, has there ever been a big of a drop in ratings from a stellar S1 to a trash S2? The answer would be no, as even Tokyo Ghoul and The Seven Deadly Sins, did not suffer this much of a rating crash as the TPN S2 so deservedly did. Also, you are right, 'The Promise Neverland will never die' but instead it will 'live fondly in the hearts of so many people', as one of the worst sequels of anime ever made and I will definitely 'remember that'.
Nafis_SyedMar 31, 2021 2:36 AM
Mar 31, 2021 2:34 AM
Dec 2020
Nafis_Syed said:
Kittxy said:
How optimistically naive. Let's snap back to reality now shall we, whilst it is true that there is nothing wrong with liking the TPN S2, you cannot however deny the fact that many people were left extremely disappointed by it. I mean, the recent data on the anime's poor reception further back up my claim and so does various posts/forums/youtube videos, heavily shitting on it. Tell me, has there ever been a big of a drop in ratings from a stellar S1 to a trash S2? The answer would be no, as even Tokyo Ghoul and The Seven Deadly Sins, did not suffer this much a rating crash as the TPN S2 so deservedly did. Also, you are right, 'The Promise Neverland will never die' but instead it will 'live fondly in the hearts of so many people', as one of the worst sequels of anime ever.
And here you are again, completely bashing on someone’s opinion. Do everyone a favor and just get off this thread. You’ve made your opinion, I’m allowed to have mine. I literally said that there is a hate train, obviously acknowledging that there are many people who dislike season 2. However, you must know that there are just as many people out there who like season 2. Just because the obnoxiously loud hate blocks them out, doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I think you should learn that before saying that everyone will remember it as one of the worst sequels ever. Because to me, and many, many, other people, tpn season 2 is one of the best sequels that satisfyingly ties the amazing story up perfectly. You don’t like it? Fine. You can go stick with the manga. But let people who like season 2 enjoy it. Not everyone has your opinion. Goodnight.
Mar 31, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2018
Kittxy said:
Nafis_Syed said:
How optimistically naive. Let's snap back to reality now shall we, whilst it is true that there is nothing wrong with liking the TPN S2, you cannot however deny the fact that many people were left extremely disappointed by it. I mean, the recent data on the anime's poor reception further back up my claim and so does various posts/forums/youtube videos, heavily shitting on it. Tell me, has there ever been a big of a drop in ratings from a stellar S1 to a trash S2? The answer would be no, as even Tokyo Ghoul and The Seven Deadly Sins, did not suffer this much a rating crash as the TPN S2 so deservedly did. Also, you are right, 'The Promise Neverland will never die' but instead it will 'live fondly in the hearts of so many people', as one of the worst sequels of anime ever.
And here you are again, completely bashing on someone’s opinion. Do everyone a favor and just get off this thread. You’ve made your opinion, I’m allowed to have mine. I literally said that there is a hate train, obviously acknowledging that there are many people who dislike season 2. However, you must know that there are just as many people out there who like season 2. Just because the obnoxiously loud hate blocks them out, doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I think you should learn that before saying that everyone will remember it as one of the worst sequels ever. Because to me, and many, many, other people, tpn season 2 is one of the best sequels that satisfyingly ties the amazing story up perfectly. You don’t like it? Fine. You can go stick with the manga. But let people who like season 2 enjoy it. Not everyone has your opinion. Goodnight.

I’m anime only and this season sucked. I came here to see why and now I know why. It seemed to be a combine effort of the manga quality dipping after the orphanage arc and season 2 butchering what was left.
Mar 31, 2021 3:13 AM
Dec 2020
Classy_Cassy said:
Kittxy said:

I’m anime only and this season sucked. I came here to see why and now I know why. It seemed to be a combine effort of the manga quality dipping after the orphanage arc and season 2 butchering what was left.
And that’s your opinion, which I perfectly respect ^_^
Mar 31, 2021 4:09 AM
Jan 2021
[quote=Kittxy message=62563974][quote=Greg96 message=62563910]
Kittxy said:

As an anime only, this series pretty much killed my respect for the series as well as any want to read the manga afterwards. I will not support this series after watching this monstrosity, and if I ever bother actually picking up the manga now I'm just going to pirate it just like I did watching the rest of S2.

I like how you also say "They only had 11 episodes" when clearly there was much, MUCH content to extent into a 3rd season, along with a movie if they so desired. But no, they did a massive timeskip, shoveled everything into the latter half of the season, and made the ending so unbearably coated with plot armor that it makes Fairy Tail's power of friendship look like the holiest writing of all time.

Anyone that watched this season pretty much had the manga spoiled for them, as it did for me, and now I feel no desire to invest my time into this series any further.
Mar 31, 2021 4:16 AM
Dec 2020
[quote=AzNKrysis message=62565923][quote=Kittxy message=62563974]
Greg96 said:
Kittxy said:

As an anime only, this series pretty much killed my respect for the series as well as any want to read the manga afterwards. I will not support this series after watching this monstrosity, and if I ever bother actually picking up the manga now I'm just going to pirate it just like I did watching the rest of S2.

I like how you also say "They only had 11 episodes" when clearly there was much, MUCH content to extent into a 3rd season, along with a movie if they so desired. But no, they did a massive timeskip, shoveled everything into the latter half of the season, and made the ending so unbearably coated with plot armor that it makes Fairy Tail's power of friendship look like the holiest writing of all time.

Anyone that watched this season pretty much had the manga spoiled for them, as it did for me, and now I feel no desire to invest my time into this series any further.
That’s your opinion and I respect it ^_^ however, you must realize that it is not everyone’s opinion. Also, how do you expect them to have the budget to make a season 3 when there was already an unnecessary hate train since episode 4 because it didn’t have certain characters? All the hate yet you still expect them to be able to afford to make a season 3? People like you who pirate the episodes and then expect the studio to have enough money to make another season for you are just... something else.
Mar 31, 2021 5:42 AM
Feb 2013
[quote=Kittxy message=62565981][quote=AzNKrysis message=62565923]
Kittxy said:
Greg96 said:

That’s your opinion and I respect it ^_^ however, you must realize that it is not everyone’s opinion. Also, how do you expect them to have the budget to make a season 3 when there was already an unnecessary hate train since episode 4 because it didn’t have certain characters? All the hate yet you still expect them to be able to afford to make a season 3? People like you who pirate the episodes and then expect the studio to have enough money to make another season for you are just... something else.

When the vast majority of people are disagreeing with you, I think it’s time to recognise that you’re vastly in the minority. So stop patronising people with this idea of yours that a significant number of people loved or accepted this season, when the series was literally trending and on news sites BECAUSE people hated every aspect of this season. Will never understand people who excuse terrible decision making when it comes to these adaptations. Especially when ‘cutting content’ have been a CONSISTENT problem with this particular studio.
Mar 31, 2021 6:19 AM

Mar 2020
[quote=dedeogbe message=62566686][quote=Kittxy message=62565981]
AzNKrysis said:
Kittxy said:

When the vast majority of people are disagreeing with you, I think it’s time to recognise that you’re vastly in the minority. So stop patronising people with this idea of yours that a significant number of people loved or accepted this season, when the series was literally trending and on news sites BECAUSE people hated every aspect of this season. Will never understand people who excuse terrible decision making when it comes to these adaptations. Especially when ‘cutting content’ have been a CONSISTENT problem with this particular studio.

>you're minority therefore your wrong

as much as I think this season sucked, your take is even worse
Mar 31, 2021 6:36 AM
Feb 2020
The thing that sucks is that they wouldn’t be able to keep the first season if they did that, and from what I’ve heard (I’m not a manga reader so idk) but the first season was a big improvement from the manga.
Mar 31, 2021 9:26 AM
Dec 2020
[quote=dedeogbe message=62566686][quote=Kittxy message=62565981]
AzNKrysis said:
Kittxy said:

You see that’s where you’re mistaken. Sure, it may look like we’re in the minority. However like I said, that’s only because the hate train is obnoxiously loud. People who don’t even give it a fair try before giving it a 1 star rating, or those who don’t even try it at all because they heard from a manga reader that it “sucked”. The majority of the hate comes from these cases. Can you really count that as genuine hate? Or people who just don’t know that they can have their own opinions, and that everyone’s opinion is different? Therefore, I do not agree that we are truly the minority. Most of the hate is from people who haven’t even given it a chance. This is why I believe the hate train is as obnoxiously loud as it is. That’s how things “trend”, or end up on news sites for how much “hate” things got. People hear that something is either “bad”, or “good”, and they jump right on the bandwagon without even giving it a try themselves. It’s sad, really. But anyways, that’s why you shouldn’t believe everything you see. Looks can be decieving, and most the hate comes from those who haven’t even tried to watch it. Think about it. What if these people watched it? What if these people tried having their own opinion and ended up liking season 2? A lot of the hate wouldn’t be there, I guarantee. Anyways, it may look like we’re in the minority, but I promise you, truly, we’re not. If you’re just taking into account the hate from people who have actually watched it, given it a try, the accumulative hate would be a lot lower. I’d bet that going by that fair, accumulative hate, theres definitely the same amount of fans who love season 2. It may look like it, but truly, we are NOT the minority.
Mar 31, 2021 2:02 PM

Oct 2018
[quote=Kittxy message=62568641][quote=dedeogbe message=62566686]
Kittxy said:
AzNKrysis said:

You see that’s where you’re mistaken. Sure, it may look like we’re in the minority. However like I said, that’s only because the hate train is obnoxiously loud. People who don’t even give it a fair try before giving it a 1 star rating, or those who don’t even try it at all because they heard from a manga reader that it “sucked”. The majority of the hate comes from these cases. Can you really count that as genuine hate? Or people who just don’t know that they can have their own opinions, and that everyone’s opinion is different? Therefore, I do not agree that we are truly the minority. Most of the hate is from people who haven’t even given it a chance. This is why I believe the hate train is as obnoxiously loud as it is. That’s how things “trend”, or end up on news sites for how much “hate” things got. People hear that something is either “bad”, or “good”, and they jump right on the bandwagon without even giving it a try themselves. It’s sad, really. But anyways, that’s why you shouldn’t believe everything you see. Looks can be decieving, and most the hate comes from those who haven’t even tried to watch it. Think about it. What if these people watched it? What if these people tried having their own opinion and ended up liking season 2? A lot of the hate wouldn’t be there, I guarantee. Anyways, it may look like we’re in the minority, but I promise you, truly, we’re not. If you’re just taking into account the hate from people who have actually watched it, given it a try, the accumulative hate would be a lot lower. I’d bet that going by that fair, accumulative hate, theres definitely the same amount of fans who love season 2. It may look like it, but truly, we are NOT the minority.

I find your dismissal of the criticism and hate of season 2 as mere bandwagoning disrespectful. Like my friends and myself, we watched season 2 and formed our own opinion that the quality was bad. I only came here to see why it was bad after/during watching season 2 and if other people thought the same, which by looking at the threads, is what a lot of the posters did too. Our opinions were not swayed by the “hate train”. Also, your claim of not being in the minority is unfounded
Mar 31, 2021 2:56 PM
Jan 2021
[quote=Kittxy message=62565981][quote=AzNKrysis message=62565923]
Kittxy said:
Greg96 said:

I didn't pirate the first half of the season. I watched the first 6 or 7 episodes on Crunchyroll. I didn't care much for Yugo not being there because as an anime only I had no clue who tf that was. After seeing how greatly they butchered the rest of the season, that's when I decided I wasn't going to care about legally watching it at that point. They destroyed a perfectly good series.
Mar 31, 2021 5:05 PM
Jun 2020
Kittxy said:
AzNKrysis said:

I know you told me to get off the thread but honestly, after reading your comments, I can't help but feel extremely sorry for you. It's tragic to see how far you are willing to defend a series that has obviously failed as an adaptation. The way you twist your words and logic, to make it sound like that you are in the right and that the people who are criticising it are wrong, simply disgusts me. So as such, even though you loved the TPN S2, you have to at least acknowledge that you are definitely in the minority and if you cannot even accept that, then I don't know what to say but to wish you happiness for living in your ideal dream world where the TPN S2 is 'universally loved' by others and that the 'hate is just the minority being very vocal about it'. What a pity.
Mar 31, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2020
[quote=Nafis_Syed message=62572960][quote=Kittxy message=62568641]
dedeogbe said:
Kittxy said:
I know you told me to get off the thread but honestly, after reading your comments, I can't help but feel extremely sorry for you. It's tragic to see how far you are willing to defend a series that has obviously failed as an adaptation. The way you twist your words and logic, to make it sound like that you are in the right and that the people who are criticising it are wrong, simply disgusts me. So as such, even though you loved the TPN S2, you have to at least acknowledge that you are definitely in the minority and if you cannot even accept that, then I don't know what to say but to wish you happiness for living in your ideal dream world where the TPN S2 is 'universally loved' by others and that the 'hate is just the minority being very vocal about it'. What a pity.
Thank you! I will live in that world because it is the reality ^_^ and in the end, we are the ones who are happy instead being filled with hatred, so in the end none of it really matters. People will hate, they hate on everything. However we know that The Promised Neverland was amazing and we will happily celebrate it while you can just sit in your hate. Of course, I respect your opinion. Just as everyone should respect mine <3 bye bye
Mar 31, 2021 5:21 PM

Oct 2018
[quote=Nafis_Syed message=62572960][quote=Kittxy message=62568641]
dedeogbe said:
Kittxy said:

I think this guy is a troll. Looks like he created this account simply for TPN
Mar 31, 2021 5:22 PM
Dec 2020
[quote=Classy_Cassy message=62571176][quote=Kittxy message=62568641]
dedeogbe said:
Kittxy said:

I find your dismissal of the criticism and hate of season 2 as mere bandwagoning disrespectful. Like my friends and myself, we watched season 2 and formed our own opinion that the quality was bad. I only came here to see why it was bad after/during watching season 2 and if other people thought the same, which by looking at the threads, is what a lot of the posters did too. Our opinions were not swayed by the “hate train”. Also, your claim of not being in the minority is unfounded
Oh of course I recognize that people are allowed to hate season 2, that’s merely their opinion! I am simply basing this on what I’ve seen as I am constantly interacting with the fandom everyday. As I have seen, majority of hate comes from those who haven’t even given season 2 a try as they heard it “was bad” from manga readers. I never said you were being swayed by the hate train did I? I’m just saying that the majority of the hate is due to that. But I guess you guys are the minority who dislike it just because it’s your own opinion. I’m genuinely proud of you guys for having your own opinion! Not many people do that these days. Especially when it comes to tpn season 2.
Mar 31, 2021 5:23 PM
Jul 2019
Kittxy said:
Attackonfiller said:

Skip entire contents worthy of multiple seasons by showing them in slideshows is perfectly normal ? LOL.
Mar 31, 2021 5:26 PM
Dec 2020
[quote=Classy_Cassy message=62573157][quote=Nafis_Syed message=62572960]
Kittxy said:
dedeogbe said:

I think this guy is a troll. Looks like he created this account simply for TPN
A troll? How cute. If you actually look at my profile I’ve created it last year to keep track of all the anime I’ve watched! <3 sad that nowadays when you defend a series people refer to you as a “troll”.
Mar 31, 2021 5:28 PM
Jul 2019
Anyway I have to decided to read the manga just out of curiosity to check how good the cut parts are. I'm in chapter 57 and about done with the shelter arc (I suppose). This seems to be the point in which the anime and Manga diverge, so let's see.

Note that I still found chapters 38-57 as average as they were in the anime, but they cut an entire character out of the anime which I have found rather interesting so far.
Mar 31, 2021 5:31 PM
Dec 2020
el3mel said:
Anyway I have to decided to read the manga just of curiosity to check how good the cut parts are. I'm in chapter 54 and about done with the shelter arc (I suppose). This seems to be the point in which the anime and Manga diverge, so let's see.

Note that I still found chapters 38-54 as average as they were in the anime, but they cut an entire character out of the anime which I have found rather interesting so far.
You’ll see that after a certain point, all those characters from that cut arc literally all become background characters who barely say anything besides the odd “yeah”. They’re not needed. People seem to forget the fact that the manga had pacing problems as well especially towards the end, and a lot of the characters felt flat and completely unneeded, despite being cool.
Mar 31, 2021 5:32 PM
Dec 2020
el3mel said:
Kittxy said:

Skip entire contents worthy of multiple seasons by showing them in slideshows is perfectly normal ? LOL.
If a studio only has 11 episodes to condense the whole story like Cloverworks case, then yes! And frankly, I believe they did a perfect job condensing it all.
Mar 31, 2021 5:34 PM
Jul 2019
Kittxy said:
el3mel said:

If a studio only has 11 episodes to condense the whole story like Cloverworks case, then yes! And frankly, I believe they did a perfect job condensing it all.

How about actually saving these slideshows and leaving it as an open end for whatever possibility of adapting these in the future?
Mar 31, 2021 6:28 PM
Jan 2021
Nafis_Syed said:
Kittxy said:

I disagree that the series won’t be remembered. I think season 1 and the first few arcs in the manga will always be remembered fondly due to how popular and widely loved they were and still are. I also think season 2 will be remembered as a prime example of how not to adapt a manga. Also the series definitely isn’t dead. Even though it’s over, the manga is still very popular and is still selling well. Not to mention there’s a TPN art exhibition and interactive museum still being held in Japan, the author is still releasing new bonus chapters of the manga, new merchandise is still being released, a video game is releasing later this spring, and there’s a live-action series in development, etc.
Us613Mar 31, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 31, 2021 7:33 PM
Dec 2019
Kittxy said:
AzNKrysis said:

Ok, if you're not the minority, show any video on YT saying that TPN wasn't bad with more than 100k views. I can easily name Mother's Basement, Foxen Anime and even moistcritical criticized it.
Mar 31, 2021 8:23 PM
Dec 2020
[quote=CaptaTech message=62575070][quote=Kittxy message=62568641]
dedeogbe said:
Kittxy said:

Ok, if you're not the minority, show any video on YT saying that TPN wasn't bad with more than 100k views. I can easily name Mother's Basement, Foxen Anime and even moistcritical criticized it.
Just because there are videos of big creators hating on it doesn’t mean that everyone hates it. In fact, these videos are bound to get the hate train rolling even more. “I saw some guy that posts anime videos on YouTube say he doesn’t like it and it’s garbage so I’m not going to watch it.” Further proves my point.
Mar 31, 2021 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Same with anime onlies, since they don’t know what’s being “skipped”, they are able to enjoy it.
Your opinion is not everyone’s. Remember it.[/quote]

how does someone preach to respect everybody’s differing opinion yet is going around talking for a group of people as if they know what their opinions are...and from the looks of the replies, this person dont
and then only to turn around and be defensive when they’re being challenged under the guise of “oh i respect your opinion but...”

as an anime only, that slideshow is the most infuritating thing because they basically told everybody “hey we’re getting this shit over with, we’re done. heres the rest of the series” when they could easily finished it with an open ending after the group stayed behind
Apr 1, 2021 12:58 AM

Dec 2012
Hey you never know, Promised Neverland might get the SAO Progressive treatment as they fill in missing arcs like bonus DLC.

"You know those 50 chapters we skipped? Here's a 90 minute movie to make up for that."
Apr 1, 2021 6:37 AM

Jan 2020
Bayek said:
Hey you never know, Promised Neverland might get the SAO Progressive treatment as they fill in missing arcs like bonus DLC.

"You know those 50 chapters we skipped? Here's a 90 minute movie to make up for that."

Well SAO vs Neverland is Goliath vs David in terms of popularity in Japan
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 1, 2021 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
No wonder I feel a strange feeling after watching the ending.. They skip an entire plot??? I feel frustrated. I should have read the manga instead. But now I can't cz I got spoiled with the slideshow thingy at the end.....

Please tell me that the image at the endl wasn't the manga plot!!
ariel_nugieApr 1, 2021 7:15 PM
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Apr 2, 2021 1:01 AM
Mar 2021
Kittxy said:
Greg96 said:

WTF?! Shouldn't compare it to the manga? What the hell are you talking about? That makes no sense. Firstly, the anime isn't "original" nor does it actually do anything new. It's just a condensed, speed-run version of the manga's story with 2/3 of the content missing. Anything that would've been unique, like Isa hunting her kids, was dropped in the story (btw do you know what the demon promised her in return? Cuz I don't). Character motivations, conflicts, hell entire arcs were ripped away. How is that non-comparable? Any adaptation can be compared to the source material. That's how adaptations work. Adding a bunch of information at the end of a story that the story doesn't explain isn't a "clever not" to the fandom. It's garbage writing. A well written piece of fiction should not need external source to understand the basic story. This does. Anime-onlies have no idea who the demon god, and demon queen are. That's garbage writing, plain and simple. It would have been far more cohesive to just ignore those parts of the story that they had been doing anyway. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the series, but I've seen many anime-onlies who were completely jarred by this story. They could tell that everything was happening way too fast, despite not having any knowledge of the manga. Dude this isn't just time passing by. These are important events occurring in the story that just get brushed through. There is literally an entire season of content with Emma's journey to speak to the demon god. It fells like such an insult. Why add that in and not do anything with it? Why add anything at all?
Apr 2, 2021 5:32 PM
Dec 2020
Greg96 said:
Kittxy said:

WTF?! Shouldn't compare it to the manga? What the hell are you talking about? That makes no sense. Firstly, the anime isn't "original" nor does it actually do anything new. It's just a condensed, speed-run version of the manga's story with 2/3 of the content missing. Anything that would've been unique, like Isa hunting her kids, was dropped in the story (btw do you know what the demon promised her in return? Cuz I don't). Character motivations, conflicts, hell entire arcs were ripped away. How is that non-comparable? Any adaptation can be compared to the source material. That's how adaptations work. Adding a bunch of information at the end of a story that the story doesn't explain isn't a "clever not" to the fandom. It's garbage writing. A well written piece of fiction should not need external source to understand the basic story. This does. Anime-onlies have no idea who the demon god, and demon queen are. That's garbage writing, plain and simple. It would have been far more cohesive to just ignore those parts of the story that they had been doing anyway. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the series, but I've seen many anime-onlies who were completely jarred by this story. They could tell that everything was happening way too fast, despite not having any knowledge of the manga. Dude this isn't just time passing by. These are important events occurring in the story that just get brushed through. There is literally an entire season of content with Emma's journey to speak to the demon god. It fells like such an insult. Why add that in and not do anything with it? Why add anything at all?
Please stop quoting me. I’ve made my point clear and if you can’t understand, it’s not my problem. I’ll be happily enjoying season 2 <3 see ya
Apr 3, 2021 9:02 PM

Sep 2013
I heard some stuff would be skipped, and I was fine with how things were going anyway up until the slideshow. My jaw actually dropped when I realized what was happening. Incredibly depressing, to say the least.

People still watch shows made 10+ years ago. They've ruined this forever when they could've just taken longer to do it properly. When the gate closed, I had the feeling it was the start of a new big adventure. If they'd ended it there and made more in 3-4 years, I would've preferred that.
(I have not read the manga, I might do so someday)
Apr 4, 2021 8:41 AM
Apr 2016
I could see it getting some type of remake YEARS later for like its 25th anniversary or something. But that’s it

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aoo-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.