Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2020 8:09 PM

Mar 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No post for the last episode? Oh well.

I thought the early episodes laid the groundwork for a fantastic coming of age story; with Yuuko learning to be more honest and clear when dealing with other people. But, she stayed pretty selfish, and overly-reliant on everyone else, for the most of the series. Also,I felt the romance aspect was kinda dull. That being said it was still very good, with some of my favorite episodes being apart of the 'Memory Album'-episodes near the end. They were a lot of fun and I wouldn't complain if they had more of them, especially the hormonally driven adventures with the crew of boys, which I found surprisingly relatable for what is technically a 'shoujo' story.
syncrogazerOct 25, 2020 8:14 PM
Oct 14, 2023 10:06 PM

Aug 2014
Out of all the episodes from 39-47, I only enjoyed the beach episode with the focus being the best friend of the female MC.

Now for the anime as a whole (episodes 1-38)

Mizuiro Jidai is an underrated anime, a hidden gem.

Its not a masterpiece, but it did many things right.

Its one of the best animes to be adapted from a shoujo manga, with its biggest selling point in that im sure many can relate to this anime when watching it.

Ive always said that middle-school is the best school-setting in anime; not high school and not college.

Its a very nice coming of age story for everyone.

All the characters have very nice chemistry with one another.

As for negatives = I do wish the anime was shorter, since some episodes felt bland, especially since its somewhat episodic. You could have cut this anime down to about 20 episodes instead of 38 episodes.

But I definitely recommend if you want to watch a shoujo anime, since it feels like a breath of fresh air, specially with how Shoujo animes are portrayed since the 2000s

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mizuiro Jidai Episode 29 Discussion

TRC_Randy - Nov 30, 2023

0 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Mizuiro Jidai Episode 22 Discussion

H_Erifu - Oct 15, 2017

1 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 3, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Mizuiro Jidai Episode 38 Discussion

kawyua - Mar 18, 2017

5 by oooo3333 »»
Oct 14, 2023 9:56 PM

» To follow your heart!!

Sakai-Yuji - Nov 16, 2022

0 by Sakai-Yuji »»
Nov 16, 2022 7:56 PM

» Going with the flow

Sakai-Yuji - Nov 14, 2022

0 by Sakai-Yuji »»
Nov 14, 2022 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.