Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2019 10:33 AM
Apr 2010
There is a manga, and anime, a web novel, and a light novel for this series, yet there are only an anime and manga listed here. As I just finished reading the web novel (what do I do with my life now?) I wanted to update ... but I find this impossible as there is no entry for it. How to make one?

This will be come twice as annoying as I will be looking into the light novel as well
May 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
There is also an entry for the LN. MAL typically only lists commercially published works, so there are no WNs (otherwise any fanfic would make it). Not to mention, this particular WN is really bad ;D
May 12, 2019 11:57 PM
Apr 2010
NthDegree said:
There is also an entry for the LN. MAL typically only lists commercially published works, so there are no WNs (otherwise any fanfic would make it). Not to mention, this particular WN is really bad ;D

...yeah.... the WNis quite bad... but it didnt start that way. I was already invested so i finished it

Hopefully the LN is better
Thanks for the info though ^^
Apr 27, 2020 12:27 AM
Dec 2015
ksamjr0036 said:
NthDegree said:

...yeah.... the WNis quite bad... but it didnt start that way. I was already invested so i finished it

hi can you please tell me what are the differences between ln, wn manga and anime , thank you
May 27, 2020 6:57 AM

Apr 2013
Cristiano456 said:
ksamjr0036 said:

hi can you please tell me what are the differences between ln, wn manga and anime , thank you

Well the manga adapts the light novel, of course you can't expect a manga to adapt an entire book so they will just show most of the important scenes. The light novel follows the webnovel early on with minor changes here and there. And as the story progresses the story changes quite a bit. Naofumi's character for example is portrayed differently in the LN.

The main difference for the LN and WN is that the WN was made by the author (it's the original work he made by himself). Whereas the light novel actually has an editor from the publishing company going over the author's work and providing advice... e.g. in the light novel the chronological order was switched for these 2 arcs but the content remained the same.

All in all you should treat the LN and WN as different stories. One is just better written overall... and could deviate from the WN at any time.

Jun 22, 2020 2:46 PM
Dec 2015
duderus said:
Cristiano456 said:

Well the manga adapts the light novel, of course you can't expect a manga to adapt an entire book so they will just show most of the important scenes. The light novel follows the webnovel early on with minor changes here and there. And as the story progresses the story changes quite a bit. Naofumi's character for example is portrayed differently in the LN.

The main difference for the LN and WN is that the WN was made by the author (it's the original work he made by himself). Whereas the light novel actually has an editor from the publishing company going over the author's work and providing advice... e.g. in the light novel the chronological order was switched for these 2 arcs but the content remained the same.

All in all you should treat the LN and WN as different stories. One is just better written overall... and could deviate from the WN at any time.
yes but there are any differences story wise?
Jun 22, 2020 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
Cristiano456 said:
duderus said:

yes but there are any differences story wise?

I just said it could deviate at any time and should be treated as a seperate story.
Like basically every webnovel that gets adapted to light novel adds new characters which would already have a major effect on the story. I don't have to tell you what that would do to the story.

Sep 25, 2021 8:05 AM
Jan 2021
Do you belive that the light novel will have a diffrent ending than WN?
Dec 12, 2021 9:00 PM

Apr 2007
It definitely will
Apr 19, 2022 8:40 PM
Jun 2017
Lambros_K said:
Do you belive that the light novel will have a diffrent ending than WN?
hopefully but there will be ideas used from the WN that will be used in the LN

More topics from this board

» What happend to Filo

NA321GO - Mar 17

0 by NA321GO »»
Mar 17, 11:30 AM

» vol23?

RealityChanges - Mar 13

0 by RealityChanges »»
Mar 13, 6:01 PM

» does anybody know when vol 23 will come out

NaughtySempai - May 29, 2022

4 by enrosurobakia »»
Jan 9, 7:26 AM

» The Ex2 volume (side stories)

KaeUBW - Jul 1, 2023

1 by KaeUBW »»
Oct 6, 2023 4:27 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Chapter 74 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jan 19, 2023

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Jan 19, 2023 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.