Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2017 3:46 PM

Jun 2017
Well, I'm not exactly a newb when it comes to anime I've seen, I've watched quite a bit, but am too lazy to add them all in. IS there an easier way to transfer anime lists/manga lists to new accounts? I can't do it one-by one. It'll take forever, and I just don't have the brain cells for that right now, thanks! :3
Jun 17, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2014
Export list

Import list

NoLiferSoulJun 17, 2017 3:17 PM
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Jun 18, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2017
@NoLiferSoul I have no idea what that means.
Jun 18, 2017 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
You can import a previously exported list via the link above. Currently there is only anime list import available (so no manga) and there is no other method than adding each entry one by one yet.

Also currently you can only import an exported list from MyAnimeList and AniDB (I think).

TL;DR: If you have a list on MyAnimeList or AniDB you can export it and import it to your new account, else there is no other way other than add everything by hand.
NoLiferSoulJun 18, 2017 8:01 AM
Swagernator said:

Ardanaz said:
Jun 18, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2016
Are you planning to create a new account, @rubylightning?

I think what he/she's trying to say is export your list first? You can choose if you want to export your anime list or your manga list, then go to 'Import List': https://myanimelist.net/import.php to import the "XML" file you got from exporting your anime list. Then, it'll add your anime list in your new account.

Hope you understand. I tried my best to make it sound easy. :P

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 18, 2017 9:06 AM

Jun 2017
@NoLiferSoul

@TheDoggoneGirl07

Ya I actually tried that once before. And it got me downloading stuff like win rar or whatever it's called, and it just turned into one big wild goose chase, which ended up just amounting to a complete waste of an evening. I don't know how to get all the files and such.

Is it just a matter of a few clicks?
Jun 18, 2017 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
rubylightning said:
@NoLiferSoul

@TheDoggoneGirl07

Ya I actually tried that once before. And it got me downloading stuff like win rar or whatever it's called, and it just turned into one big wild goose chase, which ended up just amounting to a complete waste of an evening. I don't know how to get all the files and such.

You click on my export link above, export it as the winrar you just mentioned and save it somewhere you will find it again.

After that you will need some program to open that .rar folder, either WinRar or 7Zip. If you haven't gotten one of them on your computer already, they're free to download and use. Once you got them, right click on the exported.rar list you've got and select "Extract here". You will get a ".xml" file <-- this is the one you'll need to import.

Click on the import link i gave you above (logged into the account you want the list on obviously) and click the "choose import type" dropdown. Then select the MyAnimeList import. A bit of stuff should pop up.
There should also be a "Choose file" button. Click on that one and go to the location you saved the exported.rar / exported.xml list. Select the .xml and import the data and all should be fine.

If something doesn't work please tell me the problem and / or provide me with screenshots so I can help you further.
NoLiferSoulJun 18, 2017 9:26 AM
Swagernator said:

Ardanaz said:
Jun 18, 2017 4:32 PM

Jun 2017
NoLiferSoul said:
rubylightning said:
@NoLiferSoul

@TheDoggoneGirl07

You click on my export link above, export it as the winrar you just mentioned and save it somewhere you will find it again.

After that you will need some program to open that .rar folder, either WinRar or 7Zip. If you haven't gotten one of them on your computer already, they're free to download and use. Once you got them, right click on the exported.rar list you've got and select "Extract here". You will get a ".xml" file <-- this is the one you'll need to import.

Click on the import link i gave you above (logged into the account you want the list on obviously) and click the "choose import type" dropdown. Then select the MyAnimeList import. A bit of stuff should pop up.
There should also be a "Choose file" button. Click on that one and go to the location you saved the exported.rar / exported.xml list. Select the .xml and import the data and all should be fine.

If something doesn't work please tell me the problem and / or provide me with screenshots so I can help you further.

OK, thanks for the help. :3 I'm way too lazy to look into it now. Especially with all that software stuff I'll have to install. But I'll eventually get around to it.

Maybe MAL should give MAL Users the option though to just add multiple anime ... or delete multiple anime ... at once. It would save a lot of time. :P
Jun 19, 2017 12:57 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@rubylightning: We only allow 1 account per user and we don't encourage users switching accounts and creating new ones unless there's a special reason for this (in this case please contact a DB Admin). One reason for this is because if you create more accounts and add/rate anime with more accounts, the ratings will count twice (or more) to the statistics which is a problem. Not sure if you have already created a new account, if so please send me a PM with the account name(s) that you don't use so I can remove them.

About adding several anime/manga at the same time, you can try the Quick Add Feature:
https://myanimelist.net/addtolist.php

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Apr 25

6 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3376 by Vampires »»
3 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Apr 25, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Apr 25, 6:05 AM

» Backup

Vapor_AU - Apr 24

1 by pichipichiHiro »»
Apr 24, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.