Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2014 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
This isn't actually a recommendation thread. I just wanted to get your opinions. I like the works of Key and only Little Busters left to watch. I always wanted to watch it but I ended up watching other things. Now I can't decide what to watch and it has been some time since I have watched a visually high quality anime. Little Busters came to my mind and I said "Why not?".

So what are your thoughts about it? I heard that it is quite sad and even as sad as Clannad. If we give Clannad a 10/10 for being sad, what would be the score of Little Busters (also Refrain)?

I've seen the first episode of it months ago and it seemed like one of those slice of life friendship anime. It felt like Angel Beats. Will it be like that until the end or will it become deeper?
Sep 23, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
I dropped it, because my brain couldn't handle the girls horrible and annoying voices.

But, I guess, another man's crayons is another man's rocket ships o_O

Edit: Dropped it somewhere after a girl remembered something and the next girl was someone with an umbrella... up to that point, mostly annoying and not sad at all. The show felt very fake and artificial to me, like it was all a setup... got the same kinda feeling from Air... no heart. Wish they had just focused on the friends making a baseball team stuff, coz the original friends were good.
Space_CobraSep 23, 2014 11:25 AM
"Vivi, wait here and knit or something until we get back, okay?" - Cobra
Sep 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
I really liked little busters and it does get deeper, especially in the second season. it takes some time, but I think it's worth your time:)
Sep 23, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2012
i liked it. the first part is a bit slow due to slight character development but refrain is amazing
Sep 23, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2013
-The animation was below everything (there's 15-20 years old anime with better animation).
-The characters were below everything (if some of them were still interesting, most of them were just cliché pushed to an unbearable extreme)
-The music was sub par at its best moments
-Some of the seiyuu were awfull. Especially Komari's seiyuu, whose voice is almost unbearable after a while.
-The scenario was full of plot hole and extremely disappointing. I hear that some of them are actually properly explained in the second season. However, I already had to force myself to finish the first season. Are they seriously asking me to do that one time again? No way I'll do that. Not with all I wrote above.

So well, you asked. I seldom give 1/10 to anime, but this one deserved it from start to finish. There was nothing saving it from disgrace. NOTHING.
Sep 24, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Little Busters! board.

On a personal note.
I was disappointed in this anime particularly the first season it wasn't something you would expect from a work by Keys.
In my opinion JC Staff picked the wrong director for the job who only did some bad comedy anime before this and it clearly shows in the anime.
The feels your supposed to get from a Keys anime just weren't brought out at well, the scenes where there and you know what they are trying to do.
But it was done in such a way that they just don't come out.

Refrain get assigned 2 directors the one from first season and one from Keys themselves and this was very noticeable especially in the emotional scenes.
They where done much better then the first season, tho i still would not compare them to the same level as Air or Clannad.

If i had to give grades for emotions/sadness.
I would give the first season 5 out of 10 and the second season (Refrain) a 7 out of 10.
Yes harsh grades but i truly felt it was lacking in the emotions.
Oct 1, 2014 4:53 PM

Jan 2013
Anime adaptation is sh*t.
Probably worst adaptation i have ever seen.
VN is great though.
harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Oct 7, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
skjnf38dj said:
my brain couldn't handle the girls horrible and annoying voices.

LOL this!

i have to play some music while watching so i cant hear their voice.
currently on episode 13 and im stil bored, the mc's voice is too girly, the two loli girls are annoying and the purple haired girl is boring as fvck.
Oct 17, 2014 3:02 AM

Oct 2013
Honestly, the anime wasn't that great

I watched all of season 1 and then read the VN - and it was a masterpiece imho.
But after reading the Refrain route (best route by far, oh my god the feels) I didn't even bother watching the 2nd anime season, because I can't imagine it having the same impact as the VN version, especially considering it being only 13 episodes

So if you want the best experience, read the VN and maybe watch the anime afterwards if you want
Oct 21, 2014 10:07 PM

Sep 2012
1. People get uppity about a bunch of things in Little Busters! b/c it is different from the VN, but I would suggest watching it and try to just let it sink in (without trying to be an elitist ^_^)

2. Little Busters! S1 would get a 8/10 on strictly sadness (but just so I can give Refrain a 10/10)

3. It gets way deeper than Angel Beats, way faster, and if you enjoy the other Anime adaptations of Key, you'll enjoy this one.

*On the VN (If watching the anime first...

** I would also suggest at least watch the anime until you are acquainted with the characters if you can. It lets your mind animate the static frames in the VN, giving it more dimension.
Oct 21, 2014 10:08 PM

Sep 2013
Boring shit. Good for people who are suffering from insomia.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 24, 2014 11:37 AM
Oct 2013
ok this is my first time writing on here sorry if it don't make sense. i am writing to say what is little buster about because there are other seasons of them but the main (spoiler) characters are dying or something. what is happening i am confused and can someone let me know thank you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.