Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 4, 2008 11:04 PM

Apr 2007
So, who's your favorite characters overall and also by year?

For those who can't recall all the names I'll list them

Note: If you like another character (for instance, Tsutako) feel free to list her. I just put up the main Rosa families and potential petite soeurs.

Lillian Graduates

3rd Year

2nd Year

1st Year

As for me, out the graduating class my favorite is Sei. Every episode of Marimite was good. Anything including Sei was excellent. Third year would go to Sachiko. She can be quite interesting to see when out of her norm when she's with Yumi. My second year favorite would be Yoshino. She seemed the quiet delicate type early on but that changed once she got her surgery. I like her now that she's more outgoing and outspoken. And last but not least, Touko. I never really liked Noriko and Kanako creeps me out, although I am interested in learning her back story. Touko I didn't like at first but strangely enough, her character grew on me as the series progressed. There should be no question there who Yumi should make her petite soeur.

Overall though Sei wins hands down. I'm actually hoping she'll show up somewhere in the 4th season also. Like I said before, any episode with Sei is an excellent episode.
tainteddonutFeb 5, 2008 4:56 AM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 5, 2008 2:35 AM

Jul 2007
i love them all and its so tough.. sei usually wins but i try to root more for others..

3rd year - eriko
2nd year - shimako (OFCOURSE)
1st year - touko-chan!
Feb 5, 2008 3:07 PM

Oct 2007
gratuates - Sei! she always brightens things up and is probably the most mature character in the whole show when she fees like sharing wisdom

3rd year - Sachiko comes in a very close second... probably the OVAS, where Yumi was in the panda suit etc...

2nd - Shimako (like Instant) Probably because of her little arc where she had to be a new rose and also the SeixShimako arc where there was all that ANGST for souer(sp?)

1st - I actually don't like any of them very much! but i'd have to say - That Kanako is nuts - so Noriko ^^ because I srsly don't like Touko
FallowFeb 6, 2008 11:35 PM
Feb 6, 2008 2:03 PM

Oct 2007
Graduates: I like Sei. She was such a troublemaker but she meant well. She was a good additional older sister to Yumi even if she won't claim it. Eriko I didn't really like. Youko didn't get enough screen time for me to form a real opinion on her.

3rd year: Sachiko. I really don't like Rei that much. She means well but she is too much of a wuss for me. Rei needs to stand up to Yoshino more. Sachiko is a brat but I like her progress over the show. She's becoming warmer and more friendly.

2nd year: Yumi. Yoshino's too bossy now. Shimako is cool but she is needs to open up more too. That leaves Yumi. She's grown a lot and I like her progress. I guess it helps that the show is from her perspective too.

1st year: I can't stand Kanako so she's out. Noriko is okay but she is too normal and doesn't stand out. That leaves Touko. At first I didn't like her either because I was watching her from Yumi's perspective. After hearing more information and watching Touko carefully, I started to like her character more. She really isn't a bad person but she does have her problems expressing what she wants to say sometimes. She's like a mini Sachiko but less crazy.

Other cast: Tsutako is my favorite non-main character. She's a good support person for a lot of the girls and a very good friend to Yumi.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Feb 10, 2008 9:10 PM

Apr 2007
Yoshino needs more <3

lilgumba said:
3rd year: Sachiko. I really don't like Rei that much. She means well but she is too much of a wuss for me. Rei needs to stand up to Yoshino more. Sachiko is a brat but I like her progress over the show. She's becoming warmer and more friendly.

I can agree with you there on Rei. That's one of the reasons I couldn't pick her over Sachiko. Overall though things are more interesting with the younger soeur being the more assertive one.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Feb 16, 2008 1:04 PM

Oct 2007
Sei, Sachiko and Kanako are my faves~

Feb 17, 2008 8:56 PM

Aug 2007
Forever will my favorite be the elegant Shimako~ Noto Mamiko did a wonderful job of portraying her, and Shimako's voice sounds so lovely~

Ikuto Tsukiyomi. Keiichi Shimizu. Zoisite. Azuma Yunoki. Shito Tachibana.
Mar 10, 2008 10:31 PM

Mar 2007
I really like all second years.

Yumi is adorable and has grown a lot. Shimako... there's just something about her that I really like. And Yoshino is a very fun-to-watch character.
Apr 14, 2008 11:50 PM
Dec 2007
shimako, sei and sei's friend from the 1st season, the nun who ran away, cant remember her name, although that chapter is my favourite in manga, keep re-reading it ;p
Jul 30, 2008 12:42 PM

Jul 2008
Graduates - Sei, ofcource. Like her most of all ^_^ And Youko is interresting caracter, so they're both my fav ^^
3rd year - Sachiko
2nd year - Yumi, 'cause she's Yumi ^_~
1st year - Touko-chan. I think she's very cute and lovely ^^
Aug 11, 2008 8:50 PM

Jul 2008
Graduates <--> sei all the way!! she cracked me up everytime and shes like devil/angel xD
3rd years <--> Sachiko her laugh melt my heart
2nd years <--> Yumi Ofcourse!!!!!!
1st year <--> cant choose between noriko & touko Y_Y both are very cute to me!!
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 15, 2008 12:10 PM

Jun 2008
Looks like Sei is most people's favorite character...
What can I say, she's mine as well ;)
I like her cool personality, and the way she teases Yumi-chan...
As for third years, Sachiko
Second years: I don't really favor anyone
First years: Touko-chan
//“The third time is for what will be. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast.”
Sep 29, 2008 12:51 PM

Nov 2007
Just realized my lazy self didn't answer this topic yet ^^;

er...
Graduates : that's just SO hard to choose! >__< For a lonnnnng time, Sei was by far my fav, but you got to admit Youko has special charisma forever, and Eriko, while I first thought she was uninteresting, grew on me, with the little Yoshino's soeur bet story ^.^

Actual 3rd year : hum... Sachiko I guess? there were times where she fell back in my point of view, but she really has her sweet moments, and how she really cares for Yumi -in her own way- is always very touching ;p

2nd years... : ah, Shimako desu!!^-^ ever since we got to know her better, and her relationship with Sei, how can we not like her ;p My all time favorite, but Yoshino grew a loooot more on me recently, because of all the efforts on herself she's done, and how she fights all the time, go-go Yoshino! ^-^ She seems very capricious but she still thinks things through properly (it's not always obvious but she does!^^ )

1st years : noody really grew on me yet. Touko-chan has her cute sides, Kanako raises only indifference in me so far and at best, annoyance at others... Noriko-chan is fine, I like her, but to be a clear favourite, it's still not "that" yet ^__^

The secondary characters : er... somehow, I really like Yuuki, and of course, Kamera-chan ;p
Jan 4, 2009 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
I forgot to mention a favorite overall. Honestly for the longest time no one really stood out as a top favorite character from Marimite. That is until the OVAs. I started to notice something that I did when I used to watch Rei Hino from Sailor Moon. Rei Hino usually got into a lot of fights and frustration over Usagi yet there was always this blush or side of her that she got flustered over though still pretending to be angry. I'm getting that same vibe from Touko. I did not pick that up really until after I watched the OVAs and it is totally confirmed after watching episode 1 of the 4th season. Looking back to season 2 it was there as well. Touko's got tsundere written all over her and that just bumped her up to the #1 spot in favorite characters. After reading some of the novel summaries I can see how I got that hunch. To go from a character that I hated to my #1 is something. If this season goes well enough she could become one of my all time favorite characters.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 4, 2009 3:30 PM

May 2008
Great topic!!! lol

Graduates - Sei - love her yuri-ness lol

3rd year - Sachiko - its just something bout her that make me go awe

2nd year - Yumi - her reaction and feelings toward Sachiko

1st year - Touko - like her evil-ness and stubborness
Forever AtsuMina/TakAcchan/TakAtsuko <3

My Fanfics: Shiroi x Kuroi Tenshi, Maji, Kowai!, Nisemono, Futari (Ong) Three Chances (Fanfic Winner 2014) Naze (Fanfic Winner 2015)

Jan 13, 2009 1:40 AM

Dec 2008
Even though I'm still a rookie regarding this show, it didn't take long for me to find my favorites among the Lillian maidens and my opinions about them:

Graduates: Sei- A slam dunk as she was a boatload of fun for everyone around her
3rd year: Sachiko- An occasional ice queen, but with a heart with gold
2nd year: Yumi- Another slam dunk for me, the heart of MariMite
1st year: Noriko- A girl with spunk, even stood up to Sachiko during season two

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Mar 9, 2009 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
Sei and Yumi should become a couple!
May 26, 2009 5:03 AM

Apr 2009
gratuates - Satou Sei

3rd year - Ogasawara Sachiko

2nd - Toudou Shimako

1st -Matsudara Touko

Jun 1, 2009 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
Like almost everyone, Sei is my fave character of them all, I just love her ^^
I also like Shimako :) she is kind, smart and beautiful
aaand... Noriko, because I think that she's mature for her age

Oh look, it's the Giganteas o.o I haven't realize that before..

Go Giganteas! xD
Jul 11, 2009 1:05 AM
Jul 2009
graduates: Youko/Sei
3rd: SACHIKO!!!
2nd: Yoshino
1st: Noriko
Jul 13, 2009 1:32 PM

Dec 2008
Graduates: Sei, because she turned me into a total fanboy, especially after Eps 10 & 11 of Season 1. I enjoyed her teasing of Yumi, but also the fact that she could dispense wise advice when necessary.

3rd Year: Hard to choose between Sachiko and Rei, although I'd say Sachiko edges ahead by a bit.

2nd Year: Dead heat between Yumi and Yoshino.

1st Year: Tokou got on my nervese for the longest time, and Kanako was too involved in her little Yumi-world. This one easily goes to Noriko.
Jul 26, 2009 10:57 AM

Jun 2009
Graduates: Sei... you already know why. From all characters, she's my absolut fav.

3rd Year: Sachiko... I like her a lot more than Rei. Rei's a bit boring.

2nd Year: Shimako... also 2nd place of my Top5 Marimite chars

1st Year: Noriko... so sweet. :)
Aug 1, 2009 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
graduates : Youko!!!
3rd : MY BELOVED SACHIKO!!
2nd : Yumi
1st : touko

The Chinensis family Just Rocked My World!!! ;)
Oct 31, 2009 4:20 PM

Oct 2009
1. Sei<3 she is funny i think everyone else except maybe yumi is so serious xD
2.Yumi xD
3.Shimako :D

can i post a random picture xD?

im sorry i could not ressist i have nothing against any of them.

May 22, 2010 7:03 AM

Apr 2010
Graduates: Sei <3
3rd year: Sachiko
2nd: Yumi
1st: Kanako~
EmptynessMay 22, 2010 7:10 AM
Aug 9, 2010 4:53 PM
Aug 2010
Hmm. The characters in this anime are so well written that you can never really say which one is the bes,t but my instant feeling would be something like this:

Graduate: Sei Satō
3: Sachiko Ogasawara
2:Shimako Tōdō
1: Kanako Hosokawa
Sep 23, 2010 3:56 PM

Jan 2008
(I just started Haru, so I don't know for the moment the "newest" first year girls)

I love Minako Tsukiyama 'cause she reminds me of Asuka Sakino of kimikiss, but definitively Yumi's faces are the bests xD (and the others are at the same level in my "heart" :D )
Jul 21, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Graduate: Youko
3: Sachiko
2: Shimako
1: tied between Touko and Noriko

But I like everyone. My three most favourites are Shimako, Noriko and Touko. I also really like Mami from the newspaper club.
Sep 19, 2014 5:10 AM

Dec 2007
1. Kanako Hosokawa
2. Sachiko Ogasawara
3. Suguru Kashiwagi
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» where to find insert songs ?

minirop - Oct 13, 2010

0 by minirop »»
Oct 13, 2010 3:54 AM

Poll: » Best petite soeur for Yumi ?

akuma2002 - Jan 7, 2009

23 by Irasys »»
May 19, 2010 3:10 AM

» Marimite seiyuus in other impressive/really(?!) roles

code537 - Nov 2, 2009

1 by Ressey »»
May 7, 2010 2:19 PM

» Lilian Fourhand ~Nuclear Soeur Fighters~

tainteddonut - May 8, 2008

7 by Asakura_Mao »»
Jan 25, 2010 2:52 AM

» Marimite Images

tainteddonut - May 10, 2008

17 by PhillyFlash »»
Jan 5, 2010 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.