Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2010 11:40 AM
Nov 2007
so i've read bakuman since page one, what is it, 1-2 years ago? and i know a lot of us have too, so i want to hear your opinions on the anime so far.

to be honest, a story like this with so many twists and turns and cliffhangers, im thinking im not going to enjoy it so much... or not nearly as much as when i first read the manga chapters with them in it. also, i'm not sure why, but there's something about this anime that's just not clicking with me. am i the only one who feels this way? i mean, i like bakuman a lot, so i dont wanna trash the show...
Oct 10, 2010 12:04 PM

May 2010
manga is always better than anime.
Oct 10, 2010 12:12 PM
Jun 2010
Maybe animated Eiji is going to be awesome who knows? I hope they won't butcher his character lol

Sure for someone who already read all the chapter won't find it as amazing as someone who didn't because you already know all the twist and cliffhangers cuz you already know what's going to happen.

nonlly said:

No.

Oct 13, 2010 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
nonlly said:

lmfao implying ttgl manga is better than ttgl
Oct 14, 2010 1:15 AM

Aug 2008
nonlly said:
That may be true a lot of the time, but animes directed by Kenichi Kasai are always better than the manga.

As already said, for manga readers the cliffhangers will lose their impact, but that alone doesn't make the anime to be "worse." Animation aside, I honestly believe that everything about the anime so far has been done perfectly, and I see no reason why that won't continue.
Oct 16, 2010 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
ive read some of the manga and then watched the anime i think they did a great job

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 16, 2010 5:43 PM

Jun 2010
I prefer the manga more, and this storyline isnt really suspenseful or any real cliffhangers, its still a simple shounen about big dreamers. Reason I prefer the manga more is I think the dialogue and expressions are always best and when animated something is lost. Just like Death Note, I enjoyed reading it more than watching it, thats gonna happen.

I think when it shows Saiko actually designing, ill fully know if the anime is just as good, to me thats a defining point, his illustrations.
Oct 16, 2010 7:46 PM

Jul 2010
I really can't say now. I mean, they are pretty much identical, (I hate the opening theme though), and there's nothing to say either way about it yet. I probably wont be able to know until the end when I look at it in hindsight.

However, I will say that so far the voice choices are good. So lets hope that continues, because nothing annoys me more than an out of character voice (in my opinion)
Oct 16, 2010 9:53 PM
Nov 2007
i feel kaya-chan's voice is out of place .. :(
Oct 16, 2010 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
Not all, some manga suck than the anime vice versa. I started the manga after watching ep1 of the anime so I get to know the color, voice 1st so my imagination depend on how i read it, so the anime gave me the boost to read the manga. And since I'm half way there. I want to know how Eiji will be in the anime and the others.
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 16, 2010 11:21 PM

Apr 2010
So far I'm enjoying it. But of course, the manga never fails to leave me feeling better than I was before I started reading a new chapter.

Nov 10, 2010 5:12 AM

Jul 2009
I feel like I'm having more fun when I read the manga. The anime on the otherhand is a little boring in comparison, but later episodes has improved. Hopefully this improvement will continue.

Nov 10, 2010 9:42 PM

Feb 2010
I watched a few episodes, I'm liking it. I also don't really like the opening theme song, but I can't really think of what sort of song would be fitting. To put it bluntly, the current one sounds kinda gay, and that's coming from someone who does like J-pop and male singers. I think the ending theme works good, plus with how they start the song before the credits start. I don't really like the slow, acoustic guitar songs that sometimes play in the background... Makes it seem all southern/laidback hillbilly for no apparent reason. I dunno, I just personally don't like it and don't think it really fits the rest of the songs thus far.
Kaya's voice also sounded sorta weird to me. Everyone else sounded pretty alright.

I liked Azuki better with black hair, but I guess it's been brown wherever she's been seen coloured. Takagi's hair looked kinda flat and boring in some parts. One thing I found interesting about the art in the manga was how their hair sorta looked like layered paper.

I know what's gonna happen and all, but I just had to watch episode 3 right after episode 2 since it left me hanging. They've still got it.

If this is just gonna be 25 episodes, I wonder how much they'll be able to cover and how they'll end it... With the way they've been setting up KOOGY by mentioning him a bit (I don't think they did this early in the manga?), I'm hoping the ending won't just be their triumph over him. Well... I mean, that would make an alright climax, but... I wanna see more, haha.
Nov 11, 2010 5:25 AM

Jan 2010
nonlly said:

cos you will know more scenes than anime

and after when i found bleach,naruto manga it started to get boring
Nov 11, 2010 6:07 AM

Jun 2009
i think so far it's pretty good, for me the anime is reviving a lot of things i forgot and if they keep showing the "in-manga" mangas stories like two earths (i remember that the manga wasnt that detailed) i definitley will enjoy this anime a lot :D
Dec 5, 2010 3:21 AM

Jul 2009
The manga is better, but the anime's not that far behind. I felt Hattori's voice wasn't done as good as it should have been and the art is slightly strange. The story's not too different and i like how the added random humorous scenes that weren't in the manga. But still, the manga is better.

More topics from this board

» Help: Bakuman. filler episodes? (All Seasons)

JoNuttanon1994 - May 21

7 by YeeYeeAss »»
May 25, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

220 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.