Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 28, 2:05 PM

Mar 2015
iirc in manga akane had a bit more emphasis because it was her going full ai mode during death scene that made strong impression on aqua. overall, they cooked but it ended up just slightly undersalted
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Aug 28, 2:10 PM

Jun 2019
Another incredible episode. Those emotions in Aqua's voice were so painful. That Ai scene made me cry. The desperation in Aqua's voice and her cheerful voice made me cry. Also, it looks like Himekawa and Aqua share the same father and it's gonna be even crazy from here on out. Really loved the stage performance.
Aug 28, 2:11 PM
Nov 2022
DON'T FUCK ME.

I DON'T FUCK I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS!!!

For a moment I thought that the manga artist had simply run out of creativity and the guy with glasses was just a recolor of Aqua, but damn, it was on purpose, fucking cinema 🚬.

It got really interesting, I was left wanting more, but no, I'll wait until next Wednesday xd
Aug 28, 2:17 PM
Jul 2022
I wasn't ready like always but that episode man! It's amazing what artists can do hope many more anime follow this amazing exemple.
Aug 28, 2:24 PM

May 2016
seeing this bitch suffer is great. i hate her so much.
Aug 28, 2:27 PM

Jun 2014
I'm so happy they did justice to my favorite arc of the manga. Every episode of this stage play was an absolute joy to watch. Now they leave us with this brutal cliffhanger. It sucks that we'll have to wait an extra week to see how things play out but apparently this episode's production went up to the last minute, so the staff should take all the extra time they need.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 28, 2:43 PM

May 2019
Another great episode with big progression in Aqua's journey to find the culprit. I too was not expecting that Himekawa and Aqua are half brothers, wow.

On a lighter side it was great seeing Akane being carried by Aqua down the stairs as their play ended and seeing Kana's reaction was hilarious. Also got to see Ruby for a bit, at this point I don't think we'll be seeing much of her this season unfortunately, same for Mem-Cho.
Aug 28, 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
All that "generic anime screaming" during theatrical play felt over the top and cringe for me. I couldn't enjoy it. Im glad this story is over, maybe it will get better.
Aug 28, 3:14 PM
May 2023
This was the episode that I was most hyped about after seeing the earlier one where Aqua had his panic attack, the only problem I had was said episode felt lacking since when Aqua had said panic attack fells like forever ago, but that's the problem of watching it weekly. Still my favorite episode of this season.
Aug 28, 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
Reply to Anime_Novice75
which chapter is it? I can't wait anymore!! Gotta read it!!
@Anime_Novice75 Chapter 1
Aug 28, 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
the play is finally over. Now we can ave some actual plot for a few episodes
Aug 28, 3:20 PM

Nov 2023

Another episode perfectly adapted.

@Kayle_x_Morgana So I'm not the only one who doesn't like her. lol
Aug 28, 3:20 PM
Aug 2015
Ending of Episode 9 of Oshi no Ko delivered a bombshell that I wasn’t expecting. As a seasoned viewer, I’ve seen my fair share of twists, but this revelation genuinely caught me off guard. It’s rare for a series to pull off such a well-executed surprise, and Oshi no Ko continues to push the boundaries of storytelling with its bold narrative choices. This episode serves as a powerful reminder of why this series stands out—its ability to shock and engage viewers in ways that few others can.
Aug 28, 3:22 PM
Aug 2015
Reply to SeiyaTempest
@Anime_Novice75 If you want to read on from this episode, start at chapter 68.
@SeiyaTempest thanx bro!!
Aug 28, 3:22 PM

Dec 2018
Good episode, finally I don't have to sit through half a season of onerous and excessive flashbacks. The play was good as well. The plot is finally moving, so I have hopeful expectations for the next several episodes but please god quit with the flashbacks that last half an episode when we already KNOW most of the details of those flashbacks.
Aug 28, 3:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wow man, what a finale to this Tokyo Blade play arc, Aqua’s emotional acting we saw last episode was just the tip of iceberg, he had so much more to deliver and Doga Kobo absolutely delivered themselves, I see some folks saying this episode was barely finished on time but if you didn’t tell me that I’d have no idea, they nailed it once again. And I definitely wasn’t expecting those scenes of Ai coming back to life, the feels were very strong there, that line “something like that won’t kill me” was especially great, if only lol, but I’m thankful to see Ai again even if it’s like this, it seems Akane even managed to conjure her again to sell the scene even harder, that audience has no idea what just went down but we do lol.

And I was wondering how long they planned to do this play, turns out it’s a month, I’m just wondering if they managed to elevate the play every night like night 1, but in a way it’s a bit like a concert, you may be going to see the same play (band) but you won’t get the same performance every time, especially if it’s a jamband (my favorite). And with the play finally done, it’s time to slow things down a bit, I really enjoyed the aftermath showing all the characters that played big roles in this arc like GOA and Abiko after all they went through, as well as Raida doing what he talked about before, seeing people’s happy expressions after walking out of his play. And of course I enjoyed the drinking party too, including Kana getting drunk on ginger ale lol, but it was after this things started getting real with Aqua dropping that bomb that he and Himekawa are brothers with the same father, was not expecting that but now that I think about it, Himekawa does look a bit like Aqua’s pre-reincarnated self, but damn what a way to end an episode lol, the ED can’t hit much harder than that.

But unfortunately, looks like we have a break next week, but honestly Doga Kobo deserves it, they’ve earned it ten times over, it will just suck waiting for it lol.
Aug 28, 3:42 PM
Jul 2022
one of the best series out there
Aug 28, 4:25 PM
Mar 2021
The emotion I had when reading this in the manga is perfectly translated to the emotion I got with the last 4 minutes of this episode. Things are only about to get better and better. 10/10
Aug 28, 4:37 PM

Jul 2022
Well, and so the theater play arc concludes...

I feel bad for Aqua, and the part where he talks to himself made me wonder if his former self is a separate entity from the person he is now—like two consciences living in the same body, where one doesn't let the other forget an absurd mission of revenge. But, for now, it seems like he's managed to control this internal conflict to some extent, although I feel it might explode again at some point.

Regardless, Aqua gave a great performance, but I feel it wasn't as appreciated as Kana's and Akane's performances. Even Narushima was praised by the creator of the play, and nothing was said about Aqua's acting. He may not be the best, but the guy literally expressed a crying scene over the death of his beloved on stage and in his memories.

They can't give us a break! What the hell just happened here? I didn't see that coming—Himekawa and Aqua are half-siblings on their father's side, and when did Aqua manage to collect samples for a DNA test? This is getting better and better.
Aug 28, 4:42 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The play is finally done and there hasn't been a more Aqua focused episode as this one in a while. From him using his guilt and frustration to improve his acting sometimes in a very risky way to his desire of Ai reviving being that strong to an unbelievable state. We finally got to learn more about the director of Lalalai but more importantly Aqua dropped a bombshell right at the end about Himekawa. Could his father actually be related to Ai?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 28, 4:46 PM
Nov 2019
Using the same music as AI’s death for Aqua imagining Ai alive is a great choice. The scene of all the characters bowing was obvious paddling but I guess there wasn’t any other way to end the episode where it did.

Aug 28, 4:57 PM

Jul 2024
Definitely one of the best episodes of this season so far. The ending might put it on top. The moments of Aqua and discussing Ai's death, to that bomb drop at the end. Very clever of Aqua to casually ask their relationship to each other to see if the director could be it, and then dropping the DNA test after learning he was at a children's home
Aug 28, 5:11 PM
Sep 2020
Okay, we all know the major plot twist at the end of the episode deserves its own thread, but can we take a moment to talk about
Kana's face in this scene? What do you think was going through her mind when she saw Aqua carrying Akane down the stairs? I mean, the expression already says so much.

Aug 28, 5:36 PM
Jun 2017
This episode was amazin!! I loved it, I dont have words to talk about it
Aug 28, 5:53 PM
Nov 2012
And this arc ends in apotheosis with the bombshell of a revelation that manga reader knew about and had to keep quiet while dozens of you were whining "what about the murder plot? What about the murder plot?". There you have it. Hope you’re happy because some of you were very annoying all season long. :) Please trust the manga reader when we tell you "this is one of the best arcs if not the best". (You can also start to realize that this show is more than a murder plot and the theater arc had a TON to offer other than just this revelation, but I’m maybe asking for too much...)

Anyway. Great episode, so much to talk about.

I don’t know how many of you noticed, but we were the witness of another of Aqua’s mind trick. He pretended to aim for Kindaichi, when really he wanted Himekawa from the start. He already had the DNA results and the main person he really wanted info from is his paternal brother, of course. Having a discussion with Kindaichi is nice to, but he wasn’t the main person he wanted info from. So he started a discussion with Kindaichi, got Himekawa curious, got with him in a bar and there he can have a 1 on 1 with him. I think that was intentional. Just Aqua being cold and calculating as always.

Speaking of the bar, nice sneak peak into the entertainment world again. Actors and idols who can’t make ends meet needing to work in a special bar + actors and famous people who need a special bar this selected members to be at peace. It’s a little thing, but it’s nice to see.

Another little discussion was the one between the two producers and they casually dropped a possible interpretation for the stared eyes ind it call it "star" too, what a coincidence. So yeah, the star eyes is basically like a super charisma, everyone around you can see you cuter thanks to that. Even though it’s from a character’s mouth, I still think the eyes can be interpreted in multiple ways. So I wouldn’t treat this as canon.

We got another revelation, Aqua’s demon who looked like the doctor (it’s less clear in the anime, but it’s the doctor) is actually Aqua as a child. Literally himself who still stuck in time and couldn’t move past this trauma. That’s a very good image for how trauma works.

Speaking of this demon. He says something very interesting, because he put words on the two ships Aqua/Kana and Aqua/Akane. Not much, just a word, but it gives a little bit of interpretation of the two relationships. Akane is the one who’s understanding. High empathy + psychological knowledge make it perfect for her to truly understand Aqua. That’s reassuring for him and that’s someone he can safely rely on. And Kana is a light. Aqua got fascinated by her charisma alone just like Akane and many other. She’s like a mini-Ai.

And speaking of those two. They both performed at their best, both think they’ve lost and want to beat the other even more. Just a way to end it without giving a clear winner (it’s way too early in the story to do that lol). So the balance between the two love interests is still there. (And as I said many time before, very few anime actually keep the two love interests as equally popular as Oshi no Ko, almost a perfect 50/50 among the fans). In Tokyo blade, Saya Hime is the loosing heroine, but in Oshi no Ko, Akane didn’t say her last word. Shippers gonna ship, this is not my main interest to be fair...

And that’s it for me. Very very good episode. The additional scenes from the anime compared to the manga are great as always. They truly managed to give live to this play. The scenes with Ai are diabolically well done, (using the same music as s1e1 is just evil). Aqua emotional acting feels like a huge emotional acting. Can’t wait for the next arc which is my actual favorite. (theater arc would be my second favorite). There isn’t a lot of episode left, so I really really hope they don’t butcher it... :/
Aug 28, 5:55 PM

Aug 2014
Yes finally my favourite part - the secrets! but why the killer is still not explained and shown.. was AI killer captured by police or not? don't want any manga spoilers, was it in anime?
It makes it kinda strange that first he want to get revenge on his father and not on the killer..
but that guy being a brother? :D lool is it even possible for dna tests to show that there is the same father/mother? isn't it just showing relation like cousins for example?

That look on Kana face when Aqua held Akane on hands going down the stairs :D:D:D that was nice, but that with them bowing and all that was kinda waste of screentime..
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 28, 5:59 PM
Nov 2012
Reply to Thyriad-oPPailov
Yes finally my favourite part - the secrets! but why the killer is still not explained and shown.. was AI killer captured by police or not? don't want any manga spoilers, was it in anime?
It makes it kinda strange that first he want to get revenge on his father and not on the killer..
but that guy being a brother? :D lool is it even possible for dna tests to show that there is the same father/mother? isn't it just showing relation like cousins for example?

That look on Kana face when Aqua held Akane on hands going down the stairs :D:D:D that was nice, but that with them bowing and all that was kinda waste of screentime..
Thyriad-oPPailov said:

I suggest you to rewatch ep1s1.

If you just want to know, what you’re supposed to know at this point of the anime:

Aug 28, 5:59 PM

May 2022
This anime gets better every episode. It's fascinating

Aqua cried like a baby and so did I.

It's impressive how EVERY scene that involves Ai always gets me. I think this anime gave me PTSD... The first scenes with Ai and Aqua was so adorable. Ai always being Ai.

This scene of Aqua imagining Ai alive and transmitting it to Akane was so beautiful. Really happy for him.

Definitely, one of the best animes I've ever seen.
Rezete_01Aug 28, 6:04 PM
Aug 28, 6:05 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
ending catched me offguard
死だけが確実
Aug 28, 6:16 PM
Apr 2018
Reply to rightshift
Okay, we all know the major plot twist at the end of the episode deserves its own thread, but can we take a moment to talk about
Kana's face in this scene? What do you think was going through her mind when she saw Aqua carrying Akane down the stairs? I mean, the expression already says so much.

@rightshift I mean Its just the usual comic relief jealousy and exhaustion on her face. Same thing Akane does pouting when she sees aqua looking towards kana or when he compliments her.
Aug 28, 6:27 PM
Jun 2012
This episode was a real jewel from the beggining at the end, I almost cry.

Never expected that plot twist but I always thought that Aqua's past was similar physically to Himekawa, but still.
Aug 28, 6:36 PM

Apr 2022
the parallels were so good and aqua's acting peaked, real good stuff.
Aug 28, 6:42 PM
Oct 2019
The episode was very good, I think the previous one was better, but it was good and this ending was good too
Aug 28, 6:45 PM
Mar 2021
probably the best episode of the season
Aug 28, 6:46 PM

Nov 2021
Phenomenal episode, I cried when Aqua imagined Ai coming back. I was surprised that Akane actually helped channel that reaction through her acting.

That cliffhanger is crazy but makes sense to me, they both have a similar haircut and voice lmao
Aug 28, 7:12 PM

Apr 2020
This episode got me a bit emotional. Didn't expect that revelation at the end, to think well, Aqua's and Himekawa's voice actors have a similar voice, don't know if that was intentional from the start.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 28, 7:34 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode, what a reveal at the end.
Aug 28, 7:42 PM
May 2024
okay bro, oshi no ko is back! insane episode, loved it from start to finish.
Aug 28, 8:14 PM
Jul 2021
HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT WHAT A PLOT TWIST!!!!!!!!!
Aug 28, 8:23 PM

Sep 2022
Good episode and finally the filler arc is over!
Himekawa probably doesn't know much about his father otherwise it would be too simple.
Aug 28, 8:48 PM
Dec 2018
This episode had me in legit tears. Aqua's monologue about his "self-serving dream" and wishing for the impossible over and over again in wanting to go back and save Ai felt like the good stuff of S1 that had me hooked on the show in the first place. The humanity with which a lot of these characters are written (disregarding the pure fantasy of the show's general premise) may be the best thing about it, even above its technical production excellence, plot twists, and sobering dissection of the entertainment industry.

This sorta thing happens a lot anymore, but it friggin' figures that right after the season's best episode, we don't get to eat next week. It is what it is.

On a light note, Kana doing an insta-switch and deciding to tag along when Aqua told her he was going to the afterparty elicited a big chuckle out of me.
Aug 28, 9:13 PM

Nov 2017
Finally !! it revealed that Himekawa is Aqua "Siblings", but yet they're gonna reveal the full backstory on the next episode.

and Tokyo Blade Arc is finally over too and i can't wait for the next Arc !!!!!!!
Aug 28, 9:33 PM
May 2016
Reply to Kayle_x_Morgana
@Kayle_x_Morgana Who hurt you?
Aug 28, 9:58 PM
Jul 2024
Amazing, just amazing.
Aug 28, 10:00 PM
Apr 2024
The ending is really a plot tiwst, didn't knew that Himekawa and Aqua are from same father, one step closer to finding someone who is their father
Aug 28, 11:25 PM

Jun 2021
Am I the only one who hated the stage play episodes? The actual play, not the rehearsals. The pacing was miserable and it strayed too much from the main plot. There was too much of "I WILL SHOW YOU MY ULTIMATE ACTING SKILLS" bullshit and the "plot" of the play was so unbelievably bad and clishe, it was so bad at convincing that it is something popular and great and it totally killed my suspension of disbelief. But maybe I'm overreacting, seeing as the play was almost like the Demon Slayer which is hugely popular and successful while being a complete shit.

At least it's finally over and we can get to the interesting parts again.
Aug 28, 11:29 PM
Oct 2019
Absolute CINEMA 🙌

Somewhere in another Universe, Ai still alive 😭😭😭

Touki crying on Princess Saya got me in tears as wel.

So i guess that's it, Tokyo Blade Arc is officially over.

Wow what a Nasty Cliffhanger, and we have to wait two weeks for the new episode.
God damn it.
Aug 29, 12:21 AM
Jan 2020
they're going nonchalant for nonchalant
Aug 29, 12:45 AM
Nov 2018
To be honest I'm more curious, why Aqua check out Taiki's DNA. I thought Aqua was after the older people DNA that potentially could be his father, not a 20 year old.
Aug 29, 1:06 AM
Jul 2024
Akane and Kana's fight ending with both of them thinking they lost to the other is a great finish.

Also Aqua got a brother now. I expect some wholesome family bonding now
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ricky16 - Aug 14

170 by Eoussama »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nirererin - Aug 21

222 by Nikmomo93 »»
Yesterday, 5:01 PM

» No new episode next week

Dbagas8 - Aug 28

28 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 17

161 by Mr_Okarin »»
Aug 30, 12:40 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 31

187 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 30, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.