Forum Settings
Forums
New
4 hours ago

Jan 2008
Making this a more positive, then a more negative thread I was going to start with (unnecessarily over hated characters) and big up characters that may not be liked or may not be popular or just little known.

Why have I made this? Because I like Zenitsu and I've seen way too much negativity about him in a number of threads.
I know he's a polarising character and I can see how his personality can grate but he's not just a walking screaming fanboy.

He's kind, he's loyal and despite his fears, he is capable. I also think his voice actor Shimono Hiro does a really good job.
He's got as big personality, but big insecurity behind it. Not a natural hero but a hero nevertheless. And yes he does make me laugh too. Inosuke as well. And also when he steps up to the plate it's extra awesome because it's a bit unexpected.

I'm definitely a fan of the underdog or background characters over the Protag. My fave lists is dominated by those types.
4 hours ago

Feb 2020
Nyanko-sensei because he's just so awesome!
4 hours ago

Jul 2013
Which character(s) deserve more appreciation? I would say Blanny Blanc and Nep Nep from Hyperdimension Neptunia.
4 hours ago

May 2019
Leina Vance from the Queen's Blade.
3 hours ago

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/character/106641/Quinella is a highly underappreciated villainess.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
2 hours ago
Apr 2024
Ontan from dead dead demon's
Suletta from gundam the witch from mercury
Every Tomino character (even Katz)
Every digimon character from season 1 or 3 (except dub mimi)
Lain (let's all love lain)
Rei ayanami and shinji from evangelion (Asuka too but I feel more people appreciate her)
That guy who exploded that thing in rahXhephon
Ten from urusei yatsura
All of utena's main cast
Nia from gurren laggan
Ash from Pokémon (the best never give up underdog protagonist)
Madoka's mother from madoka magica
Grandis from nadia and the secret of blue water (Nadia too but grandis being Jessie from team rocket but better makes her more fun)
1 hour ago

Aug 2021
Patalliro deserves more appreciation.

1 hour ago

Jul 2022
All of the titular Galaxy Angels, but especially Mint

1 hour ago

Sep 2018
Kinnikuman is the best shounen Mc, but the series is incredibly niche outside Japan.
57 minutes ago
Sep 2022
Allen Walker from D.Gray-man

My boy needs some love too. He's the nicest guy you could find, beats demons ass as a profession, looks cool asf in his Crown Clown outfit, respects girls and their privacy, doesn't do ecchi things to female casts, and treats them as his close friends unlike most generic MC now.
56 minutes ago

Jul 2024
Reply to rohan121
Kinnikuman is the best shounen Mc, but the series is incredibly niche outside Japan.
rohan121 said:
Kinnikuman is the best shounen Mc, but the series is incredibly niche outside Japan

Thats true. I said the same on a episode discussion last week.

I will shounen tanteidan from Meitantei Conan deserve credits.
They were the ones who changed the life of Conan and agasa hakase

Without them their life would be very boring, specially hakase was basically a fat old man shut inside his house and had bad eating habits and rarely went anywhere.. But it all changed after Conan and detective boys because friends..
I think the Black organization gave Conan a better life and a second chance at life with apotoxin..
Now Conan/ Shinichi can even take baths with ran and perv 24*7
21 minutes ago

Dec 2018
Minako, the original Sailor guardian.

More topics from this board

» What to think when Rating an Anime.

BestListMAL - 4 hours ago

22 by luckyrune »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you ever encouraged a non-anime watcher to start anime? ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Jul 28

98 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime awoken something in you or made you fascinated with a particular genre? ( 1 2 )

Reshiram_IX - May 16

57 by tchitchouan »»
6 minutes ago

» if gundam is so good why all the low scores ( 1 2 3 )

Kimo45 - Jun 25

121 by TheMechaManiac »»
12 minutes ago

» Finally Enjoying Anime Again

BNKRG - 9 hours ago

18 by Jonas-K »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.