Forum Settings
Forums
New
12 hours ago
Oct 2021
So I haven’t seen Boku No Hero yet, but a lot of times people is asked about who is the worst protagonist from all anime, Deku is the most popular one. Like I said, I haven’t really seen the anime ( I did saw a movie, but still think is not enough) so I can’t really talk about him.

In my opinion the worst protagonist from anime is Touya Sagami, from Orbital Children. Overall I didn’t enjoyed the story and him being the protagonist didn’t help at all. I felt him annoying, childish, kinda arrogant sometimes and edgy too.

So now tell me! Respectfully, in your own opinion. Who is the worst character of anime for you and why?

*remember to discuss respectfully and tag if there are spoilers*
Skylar-whoo11 hours ago
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
11 hours ago
Dec 2015
The answer's Naruto. I haven't seen it but I've read it. As to why, talk no Jutsu would be too easy of an answer. Dude's just a hella annoying yapper.
11 hours ago
Nov 2023
Takemichi from Tokyo Revengers or Ayono from Hanebado. One is a cry baby and another is a cocky bastard
11 hours ago
Apr 2023
The mc of school days which I haven't watch yet
11 hours ago

May 2024
Disrespectfully, Deku. I hate him with a passion.
11 hours ago
Oct 2022
lucas_tong_3133 said:
Takemichi from Tokyo Revengers or Ayono from Hanebado. One is a cry baby and another is a cocky bastard

In my opinion Takemichi is a mid protagonist, like there are a lot more bad protagonist than him
11 hours ago
Nov 2023
_IamNotStefan_ said:
lucas_tong_3133 said:

In my opinion Takemichi is a mid protagonist, like there are a lot more bad protagonist than him

Like who? Takemichi is like an average F tier protagonist imo
11 hours ago
Oct 2022
lucas_tong_3133 said:
_IamNotStefan_ said:

Like who? Takemichi is like an average F tier protagonist imo

idk, I just said that he isnt the worst oke
11 hours ago
Sep 2021
lucas_tong_3133 said:

Easily takemichi, with his idiotic characteristics to the things he does, almost all his actions all negative. He dosent think straight and it actually made me wanna scream, deku is a close second since there both cry babies.
11 hours ago
Nov 2023
Szymonikusz said:
lucas_tong_3133 said:

Easily takemichi, with his idiotic characteristics to the things he does, almost all his actions all negative. He dosent think straight and it actually made me wanna scream, deku is a close second since there both cry babies.

Fr. I mean I would say Deku is a better MC but he is mid. Wouldn’t say he is an F tier but he is no higher than C but Takemichi is straight F imo. Bro got no character development throughout the whole series
11 hours ago
Oct 2021
Mr_Sai said:
Skylar-whoo said:
So I haven’t seen Boku No Hero yet, but a lot of times people is asked about who is the worst protagonist from all anime, Deku is the most popular one. Like I said, I haven’t really seen the anime ( I did saw a movie, but still think is not enough) so I can’t really talk about him.

In my opinion the worst protagonist from anime is Touya Sagami, from Orbital Children. Overall I didn’t enjoyed the story and him being the protagonist didn’t help at all. I felt him annoying, childish, kinda arrogant sometimes and edgy too.

So now tell me! Respectfully, in your own opinion. Who is the worst character of anime for you and why?

*remember to discuss respectfully and tag if there are spoilers*

why would you post this here
piss off

Where could I posted instead? Sorry if mentioning how others hate on Deku pissed you off.
11 hours ago
Oct 2021
lucas_tong_3133 said:

Takemichi is another common one I’ve heard before.
11 hours ago

Jul 2015
When we talk about who is the worst anime protagonist of all time, the only correct and objective answer is that Yellow Thing from Symphogear. Most people do not even know she exists, because series is quite niche and definitely not mainstream. But trust me, she makes Kirito look like Lelouch in comparison.

11 hours ago
Jun 2023
Takemichi from Tokyo Revengers
11 hours ago
Oct 2021
Hickykissy said:
The mc of school days which I haven't watch yet

You haven’t watched it, but feel that way? That’s a red flag for a character tbh.
Skylar-whoo10 hours ago
11 hours ago
Sep 2015
I read the question, thought about all the MCs I know, and even went to make sure I didn't miss anyone... and I can say that there is actually no main anime character that I hate.
I also have to say that I would personally love to have a friend like many anime MCs: Tanjirou (Demon Slayer), Izuku (Boku no Hero Academia), Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen), Luffy (One Piece), Natsu (Fairy Tail), Baam (Kami no Tou/Tower of God), Naruto (Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden), Senkuu (Dr Stone), Eren (Attack on Titan), Sakura (Wind Breaker), Aqua (Oshi no Ko), Kafka (Kaijuu 8-gou) or even Takemichi (Tokyo Revengers), who is so disliked by others. I also really like Vash (Vash the Stampede), Gon (Hunter x Hunter) and Lelouch (Code Geass)... The fact is that almost none of them are my favorites in the titles they are in, but I honestly supported them and more or less adored them...
Nevertheless, I must admit that there are MCs who, although I actually liked them, sometimes irritated me terribly and after some time I got fed up with them because they simply... bored me. And these include Light (Death Note), Emma (Yakusoku no Neverland) and Edward (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I repeat, these are NOT bad characters, I liked them (especially Ed), but I just don't understand their phenomenon and I don't know why some people love them so much. Yes, I know this comes as a surprise to you, but I really prefer Takemichi to any of these three.
Oh, what I wouldn't give for each of the MCs I adore to be my friend/partner and fight for me like they did for those they valued, loved and protected!!
PS: I need to add that it was hard for me to like female protagonists, but recently it has changed a bit and I find that manga and anime creators are getting better and better at creating really nice ladies!
Doriss10 hours ago
11 hours ago
Oct 2021
Piromysl said:
When we talk about who is the worst anime protagonist of all time, the only correct and objective answer is that Yellow Thing from Symphogear. Most people do not even know she exists, because series is quite niche and definitely not mainstream. But trust me, she makes Kirito look like Lelouch in comparison.

Oh I see, very interesting. Now that you mentioned it, I have been wanting to watch Code Geas. I’ll probably start watching next week.
11 hours ago
Oct 2022
I'd say Kotaro from Kotaro Lives Alone, or maybe Deku since they both have something annoying that I just can't shake off
11 hours ago
Sep 2015
Sorry, I forgot to mention Kirito (Sword Art Online). He's also one of the ones I liked initially, but he started to irritate me more and more. It's possible that Asuna has something to do with it, because omg... how I hate this girl! Because of her and little Yui(?), everything became a game of house and love story. Asuna on screen? Boredom. She was not there? It was pretty fun to watch. So yeah... I don't understand the SAO phenomenon either :(
11 hours ago
Oct 2021
Doriss said:
I read the question, thought about all the MCs I know, and even went to make sure I didn't miss anyone... and I can say that there is actually no main anime character that I hate.
I also have to say that I would personally love to have a friend like many anime MCs: Tanjirou (Demon Slayer), Izuku (Boku no Hero Academia), Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen), Luffy (One Piece), Natsu (Fairy Tail), Baam (Kami no Tou/Tower of God), Naruto (Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden), Senkuu (Dr Stone), Eren (Attack on Titan), Sakura (Wind Breaker), Aqua (Oshi no Ko), Kafka (Kaijuu 8-gou) or even Takemichi (Tokyo Revengers), who is so disliked by others. I also really like Vash, Gon and Lelouch... The fact is that almost none of them are my favorites in the titles they are in, but I honestly supported them and more or less adored them...
Nevertheless, I must admit that there are MCs who, although I actually liked them, sometimes irritated me terribly and after some time I got fed up with them because they simply... bored me. And these include Light (Death Note), Emma (Yakusoku no Neverland) and Edward (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I repeat, these are NOT bad characters, I liked them (especially Ed), but I just don't understand their phenomenon and I don't know why some people love them so much. Yes, I know this comes as a surprise to you, but I really prefer Takemichi to any of these three.
Oh, what I wouldn't give for each of the MCs I adore to be my friend/partner and fight for me like they did for those they valued, loved and protected!!
PS: I need to add that it was hard for me to like female protagonists, but recently it has changed a bit and I find that manga and anime creators are getting better and better at creating really nice ladies!

I agree with your post. It’s very hard to hate on a protagonist, specially cause is made to be “the best”. A pattern that I have seen here on this forum is that people tend to hate on “crybaby” characters. I understand why they feel that way. Personally, I sometimes get annoyed by this type of characters, but I understand why they are that way.
11 hours ago
Nov 2021
i mean surely it has to be kazuya kinoshita right? Also yea deku is annoying as well
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
Doriss said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention Kirito (Sword Art Online). He's also one of the ones I liked initially, but he started to irritate me more and more. It's possible that Asuna has something to do with it, because omg... how I hate this girl! Because of her and little Yui(?), everything became a game of house and love story. Asuna on screen? Boredom. She was not there? It was pretty fun to watch. So yeah... I don't understand the SAO phenomenon either :(

I heard a bunch of times about how SAO’s first season was promising, but at the end the rest was a disappointment for a lot of people.
10 hours ago
Jan 2022
Otaku_4511 said:
The answer's Naruto. I haven't seen it but I've read it. As to why, talk no Jutsu would be too easy of an answer. Dude's just a hella annoying yapper.

6/10 rage bait, too obvious
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
anchovieStix said:
i mean surely it has to be kazuya kinoshita right? Also yea deku is annoying as well

Pretty much most of the harem’s protagonist are annoying, weird or stupid. (Ik it’s not a harem anime, but still not that far of being one)
Skylar-whoo10 hours ago
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
Otaku_4511 said:

I was like you, dattebayo… 😔
10 hours ago
Sep 2015
Reply to Skylar-whoo
Doriss said:
I also have to say that I would personally love to have a friend like many anime MCs: Tanjirou (Demon Slayer), Izuku (Boku no Hero Academia), Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen), Luffy (One Piece), Natsu (Fairy Tail), Baam (Kami no Tou/Tower of God), Naruto (Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden), Senkuu (Dr Stone), Eren (Attack on Titan), Sakura (Wind Breaker), Aqua (Oshi no Ko), Kafka (Kaijuu 8-gou) or even Takemichi (Tokyo Revengers), who is so disliked by others. I also really like Vash, Gon and Lelouch... The fact is that almost none of them are my favorites in the titles they are in, but I honestly supported them and more or less adored them...

I agree with your post. It’s very hard to hate on a protagonist, specially cause is made to be “the best”. A pattern that I have seen here on this forum is that people tend to hate on “crybaby” characters. I understand why they feel that way. Personally, I sometimes get annoyed by this type of characters, but I understand why they are that way.
@Skylar-whoo, exactly! I know some of them cried a lot, but damn... wouldn't it be the same for us if we were in their place? Many of them had really hard lifes, difficult fights and traumas. It always amuses me that everyone who watched those anime claims they would do everything differently/better... but is that really the case? Most of these MCs wouldn't even have time to prepare for anything... but people love to hate them for every little thing... for example Takemichy for not practicing martial arts... but did he really have time for it? Time was always slipping through his fingers... He had to act differently, he simply had no other choice...
And I simply can empathize with these characters... and understand them fully <3
10 hours ago
Jan 2021
Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend), Anos (Misfit of demon Ling academy), Kirito (SAO), Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) and some more.

Deku is slightly above average. He is way too overhated
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
AshTheChamp said:
Kazuya (Rent a Girlfriend), Anos (Misfit of demon Ling academy), Kirito (SAO), Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) and some more.

Deku is slightly above average. He is way too overhated

Can you give more detail about why Tanjiro is one of the worst? In my opinion he is not bad. For me Tanjiro is kind of a generic teenager who sometimes gets afraid, but then he needs to save others so he becomes brave enough to protect them… and then yeah he cries about stuff, but that’s normal. People can get emotional over stuff like killing or getting near killed.
10 hours ago

Jul 2023
No, definitely Deku. I hate him from bottom of my heart
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

10 hours ago
Oct 2021
Doriss said:
@Skylar-whoo, exactly! I know some of them cried a lot, but damn... wouldn't it be the same for us if we were in their place? Many of them had really hard lifes, difficult fights and traumas. It always amuses me that everyone who watched those anime claims they would do everything differently/better... but is that really the case? Most of these MCs wouldn't even have time to prepare for anything... but people love to hate them for every little thing... for example Takemichy for not practicing martial arts... but did he really have time for it? Time was always slipping through his fingers... He had to act differently, he simply had no other choice...
And I simply can empathize with these characters... and understand them fully <3

I totally agree with you. Some people get angry with the characters just because they think they can do it better. Most people with a fresh state of mind would know what to do, while someone who is saturated with emotions is just crying and struggling to even assimilate what’s happening.
10 hours ago
Negator

Mar 2022
NaTsu_aKk0- said:
I'd say Kotaro from Kotaro Lives Alone, or maybe Deku since they both have something annoying that I just can't shake off

Seeing Kotaro be brought up as worst MC in anime is kinda crazy ngl lmao. To each their own but damn, I never would have thought to see him brought up. Poor kid
10 hours ago
Mar 2024
Obviously the worst protagonist is Kazuya from Rent a Girlfriend
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
nirererin said:
No, definitely Deku. I hate him from bottom of my heart

Very popular opinion 😂
10 hours ago
Oct 2021
MusashiKarlsefni said:
NaTsu_aKk0- said:

Seeing Kotaro be brought up as worst MC in anime is kinda crazy ngl lmao. To each their own but damn, I never would have thought to see him brought up. Poor kid

Lol I thought the same. I didn’t mentioned anything just because I haven’t watched the anime, so I can’t give my opinion. From trailers and stuff Kotaro doesn’t look that bad honestly (blind comment)
10 hours ago
Apr 2017
Probably the protagonist of School Days.
10 hours ago
Jun 2021
The loser from Rent a Girlfriend
10 hours ago
Feb 2021
Probably either Tanjiro or Yuji from JJK lmao
10 hours ago
Sep 2015
Reply to Skylar-whoo
Doriss said:

I totally agree with you. Some people get angry with the characters just because they think they can do it better. Most people with a fresh state of mind would know what to do, while someone who is saturated with emotions is just crying and struggling to even assimilate what’s happening.
@Skylar-whoo, exactly! I'm glad that someone thinks like me and doesn't judge them negatively <3
10 hours ago
Apr 2024
Kira from gundam seed, the last arc ruined him
10 hours ago
Apr 2024
Reply to Doriss
@Doriss for some reason people hate when the main characters fear or cry, people call shinji from evangelion a coward because he fears disregarding how he stands up time and time again, they hate deku because he is emotional when it's the best thing about him. Characters who are allowed to fear, cry and be hurt are the best, most interesting and most relatable characters when done well
9 hours ago
Sep 2015
Reply to Guilmon1
@Doriss for some reason people hate when the main characters fear or cry, people call shinji from evangelion a coward because he fears disregarding how he stands up time and time again, they hate deku because he is emotional when it's the best thing about him. Characters who are allowed to fear, cry and be hurt are the best, most interesting and most relatable characters when done well
@Guilmon1, I fully agree with you. These are characters with whom you can identify and actually admire the fact that despite fear and tears, they still stand up and act in good faith <3
I haven't seen Evangelion (yet, I plan to do it tho!), but I see Deku the same way as you - him being so emotional is truly the best! <3
9 hours ago
Dec 2022
Takemichi Hanagaki.
Kazuya Kinoshita.
Ichika Orimura.
Yuuya Tenjou.
9 hours ago
Feb 2021
Itou, Makoto from School Days is definitely the worst Main Character of all time, not many MCs can compete as to how horrible this character is.
Yuki
9 hours ago
Nov 2022
If you havn’t watched mha then how can you confidentally call deku a bad mc? He’s actually a really well written character and this is a common missconception that blind people make. Same with calling the show itself bad when it’s quite frankly the oppisite.
9 hours ago
Nov 2022
yuno_mal said:
Itou, Makoto from School Days is definitely the worst Main Character of all time, not many MCs can compete as to how horrible this character is.

This is the right answer. No clue why the op put on mha.
9 hours ago
Dec 2015
Gon Freeccs from the 2011 version. 1999 and Manga he's a bright pure hearted kid who smiles sometimes. Like a character with a balanced personality.

In 2011 he ALWAYS FROLICKS AND GRINS like an idiot. Always on something.
8 hours ago
Jul 2024
lucas_tong_3133 said:

Takemichi isn't a bad character. He's strong asf and resist all the hits. He also leadered the ToMan in season 3 when Mikey was sad.
8 hours ago
Jan 2022
the worst one has to be the protagonist of "shikimori is not just a cutie", I'm talking about shikimoris boyfriend, such a loser
8 hours ago
Oct 2021
Buny0058 said:
If you havn’t watched mha then how can you confidentally call deku a bad mc? He’s actually a really well written character and this is a common missconception that blind people make. Same with calling the show itself bad when it’s quite frankly the oppisite.

I don’t remember calling Deku a bad MC.
Skylar-whoo8 hours ago
8 hours ago
Oct 2021
Theres a vid called: The difference between afraid and annoying” I founded it to be very interesting and wanted to share it with y’all.

https://youtu.be/SCgkMJnRBdo?si=2Sp1sQ0IdiMV6mpt
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What do u think about ppl with much higer or lower mean score than global avarage? ( 1 2 )

Krunchy - Oct 19, 2013

75 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you hate how Modern Anime is plagued with goodie two shoes protaognist?

Dragevard - 4 minutes ago

0 by Dragevard »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » is your morals above anime?

deg - Jul 21

36 by DesuMaiden »»
6 minutes ago

» Ever dropped an anime you thought was good? ( 1 2 )

UberBat - Jul 23

54 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9310 by appledude1221 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.