Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 10:03 AM
Dec 2017
Why do many people say that demon slayer has no animations but only compositing?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 11, 10:04 AM

Sep 2016
Because almost nobody even says that.

Compositing is part of animation.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 11, 10:13 AM

Jan 2017
Leon888 said:
Why do many people say that demon slayer has no animations but only compositing?

Is there really that many people ? I only saw like one or two of them, when there is a large band of haters available for that.

The composition always was one of the strongest point of Ufotable tho, alongside their Digital team, and both are all because of Yuuichi Terao. That man is the one hard-carrying every project of Ufotable since Kara no Kyoukai 1 (aka. when it reached greatness).

Zarutaku said:

To most people, the "Animation" really just is the fluidity of the movements themselves.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 11, 10:31 AM
Apr 2023
DS is just rich about animation, otherwise it's not that great yk
May 11, 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Haters usually don't attack DS animation because it's not a hill to die on. Besides some desperate cherrypicking, some were actually complaining about fish demons from Swordsman Village, which in fact looked really good, but they somehow thought they finally got something to latch on.
PiromyslMay 11, 11:11 AM

May 11, 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
Because a lot of the cool impressive scenes everyone talks about are the result of good compositing.
It's still unfair to say that it doesn't have good animation especially for a TV anime.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 11, 10:54 AM
Dec 2021
Animation nah... has the best Animation out there
A lot of Haters on the story though.
But sincerely an Easy Story = Easy to adapt (that's also why there's a lot of Isekai's)
May 11, 10:54 AM

Aug 2018
I guess they're either blind or trolling, or maybe both.
May 11, 11:03 AM
Jan 2021
Leon888 said:

It is just self-proclaimed “sakuga” accounts that say this usually. And most of the time it is their bias against demon slayer speaking. The animation is well above average and downright a masterpiece in some scenes
May 11, 11:10 AM
May 2021
Leon888 said:

ur comment is embarrassing bro, that's the opposite and u know it
May 11, 1:20 PM
Apr 2023
tonitoni8 said:
But sincerely an Easy Story = Easy to adapt (that's also why there's a lot of Isekai's)

Best animation is still the fate heaven feels trilogy.
May 11, 1:47 PM
Apr 2020
the animation is what carries the entire show, this is the worst take i've heard.
May 11, 1:57 PM

Jan 2021
Never heard of this. Some may say that but definitely not many. I have seen some people say that it's flashy without choreography, sakuga or composition etc but it comes from people who don't know shit about animation and want to somehow hate on its animation with a miserable attempt.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 11, 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
only the vocal minority says that
May 11, 2:27 PM
Apr 2023
who the hell says that literally everyone says the animation carries the show whoever says demon slayer has bad animation is high
May 11, 3:06 PM
Apr 2024
are you okay, bro?
May 11, 3:09 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Which "many people" seriously? two of your friends? or are you trying to seek attention by saying something controversial but non-existent?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 11, 4:01 PM
Aug 2023
Many people? You should likely go back to the rock you were living under
May 11, 4:20 PM

Apr 2024
Demon Slayer is known for its incredible animation, what are you talking about?
May 11, 7:44 PM

Jan 2020
No sane person unironically claims DS has bad animation
May 11, 8:43 PM
Nov 2021
Art Style is not good imo, animation is amazing. One of the best animation for sure. Maybe you are talking about the art style
May 11, 8:52 PM
Jun 2016
People complain now for animation? lol i thought they complaint about its story. Yet the same ppl adore the new famous kid on the block OnlyfightsNostory Kaisen, such hypocrisy
May 11, 9:36 PM
Apr 2023
Leon888 said:

Do you mean the compositing of the animation animated characters onto the backgrounds? That makes no sense, as compositing and animation are two completely separate processes
May 11, 10:31 PM
Mar 2021
huh? demon slayer has good animation..
May 11, 11:13 PM
Mar 2021
Zarutaku said:
Because almost nobody even says that.

😂😂 uhh haaaa lmao
Anime Rules the world
May 11, 11:22 PM
Mar 2021
Hey my Friend This anime Has the greatest Animation of all Anime ,it has won many awrds and Shocked the whole anime industry,groundbreaking works in all season,even if you take screen shot it looks like Wallpaper,this anime Released in 4k in cinemas,Demon slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba Revolutionized Anime Industry and took it to Whole new level,not even hollywood has this kind of visualls,they are mde in 200 to 300mln budget but this anime around 20 to 30mln budget works ,so no one can mach this quality
Anime Rules the world
May 12, 3:25 AM
Apr 2021
Animation is the only thing no one can hate on DM it's great
May 12, 5:30 AM

Aug 2014
Naveen6662246 said:
Hey my Friend This anime Has the greatest Animation of all Anime ,it has won many awrds and Shocked the whole anime industry,groundbreaking works in all season,even if you take screen shot it looks like Wallpaper,this anime Released in 4k in cinemas,Demon slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba Revolutionized Anime Industry and took it to Whole new level,not even hollywood has this kind of visualls,they are mde in 200 to 300mln budget but this anime around 20 to 30mln budget works ,so no one can mach this quality

Tbh, F/SN:Heaven's Feel movie trilogy is still hands down Ufotable's best animation they had made so far. The art style of DS is what makes me feel kinda meh about it.
May 12, 6:18 AM
Jun 2021
It’s fair to say that about demon slayer season one. Except for ep 19 the majority of the animation is very stiff pose to pose and most complex movements use cgi. This criticism doesn’t really hold up in later seasons though.
May 12, 8:57 AM
Apr 2018
I extremely doubt there's "many" and the ones who say that, have no idea about what animation is.
May 13, 10:43 AM
Mar 2024
Leon888 said:

WHO. TF. EVER. SAID. THAT.

And tbh DS probably has one of the best animation in modern anime. Like it's not on the level of the Heaven's Feel movie trilogy, but it's definitely close. I've honestly never seen anyone badmouthing Demon Slayer's animation.
May 14, 1:57 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Piromysl
Haters usually don't attack DS animation because it's not a hill to die on. Besides some desperate cherrypicking, some were actually complaining about fish demons from Swordsman Village, which in fact looked really good, but they somehow thought they finally got something to latch on.
@Piromysl Well in reality it is not as perfect an animation as many believe, for example there are really many moments in season 1 in which the characters are made with bad CGI (but ufotable manages to hide it well if you don't have a trained eye) or the backgrounds which many times are not well integrated and seem taken from Minecraft as annoying as they are to look at, but since season 2 they have really made a notable upgrade
May 14, 1:59 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Alexioos95
Leon888 said:

Is there really that many people ? I only saw like one or two of them, when there is a large band of haters available for that.

The composition always was one of the strongest point of Ufotable tho, alongside their Digital team, and both are all because of Yuuichi Terao. That man is the one hard-carrying every project of Ufotable since Kara no Kyoukai 1 (aka. when it reached greatness).

Zarutaku said:

To most people, the "Animation" really just is the fluidity of the movements themselves.
@Alexioos95 Not many, but there are people who say it, that mainly the show is all brought about by the compositing and not by the animation
May 14, 2:02 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to tonitoni8
@tonitoni8 Best animation in history? I don't think so, there are many shows superior to demon slayer in terms of animation, for example Fate UBW, Psycho Mob 100, One Punch man season 1, Violet Evergarden...
May 14, 2:03 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Pit92
Leon888 said:

ur comment is embarrassing bro, that's the opposite and u know it
@Pit92 Too bad he didn't ask a comment but a question, lol
May 14, 2:05 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to FZREMAKE
Never heard of this. Some may say that but definitely not many. I have seen some people say that it's flashy without choreography, sakuga or composition etc but it comes from people who don't know shit about animation and want to somehow hate on its animation with a miserable attempt.
@FZREMAKE Well in reality it is not as perfect an animation as many believe, for example there are really many moments in season 1 in which the characters are made with bad CGI (but ufotable manages to hide it well if you don't have a trained eye) or the backgrounds which many times are not well integrated and seem taken from Minecraft as annoying as they are to look at, but since season 2 they have really made a notable upgrade
May 14, 2:06 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Sweesh
are you okay, bro?
@Sweesh I do, what about you?
May 14, 2:06 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Rinrinka
Which "many people" seriously? two of your friends? or are you trying to seek attention by saying something controversial but non-existent?
@Rinrinka Just go and argue with the fandom on the internet, lol
May 14, 2:08 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Kaitaka12
Many people? You should likely go back to the rock you were living under
@Kaitaka12 Damn, did a simple question make you cry so much 😂?
May 14, 2:09 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE
Demon Slayer is known for its incredible animation, what are you talking about?
@PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE I literally wrote down what I'm talking about...
May 14, 2:10 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Daredevil_007
Art Style is not good imo, animation is amazing. One of the best animation for sure. Maybe you are talking about the art style
@Daredevil_007 No, I'm actually talking about compositing
May 14, 2:12 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to OnimuraThe13
People complain now for animation? lol i thought they complaint about its story. Yet the same ppl adore the new famous kid on the block OnlyfightsNostory Kaisen, such hypocrisy
@OnimuraThe13 But actually there are people who complain about Jujutsu kaisen too
May 14, 2:13 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Natedog22
Leon888 said:

Do you mean the compositing of the animation animated characters onto the backgrounds? That makes no sense, as compositing and animation are two completely separate processes
@Natedog22 I think they mean the special effects, saying it has good special effects but not great animation
May 14, 2:15 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Leon888
@PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE I literally wrote down what I'm talking about...
@Leon888 Yep, you did.
Leon888 said:

Composition is a part of animation, so 'DS has bad animation' makes no sense.
May 14, 2:20 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Naveen6662246
@Naveen6662246 This seems like a load of bullshit to me, Demon slayer doesn't have the greatest animation of all time, there are much better animated shows like the Fate series, then I don't understand this new level you're talking about, since there have always been shows high profile like One Punch man season 1, Attack on Titan, Mob pshyco 100, etc... then I don't even understand the comparison with Hollywood, the huge animation production houses produce products mainly in 3D, Demon slayer has an animation in 2D and in fact I would say that the quality of the images is much superior in Hollywood productions, also there are a lot of shows that match demon slayer: Jujutsu Kaisen, Fire Force, Frieren...
May 14, 2:22 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to WilfredJohnson
It’s fair to say that about demon slayer season one. Except for ep 19 the majority of the animation is very stiff pose to pose and most complex movements use cgi. This criticism doesn’t really hold up in later seasons though.
@WilfredJohnson I agree with your comment, season 1 had ep 19 which carried the whole show
May 14, 3:12 AM
Aug 2023
Leon888 said:
@Kaitaka12 Damn, did a simple question make you cry so much 😂?

I dont see myself crying though? If you want a true example of someone "Crying" or being offended it would be you, Considering your desperation to reply to every comment on this forum
May 14, 4:30 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Leon888
@FZREMAKE Well in reality it is not as perfect an animation as many believe, for example there are really many moments in season 1 in which the characters are made with bad CGI (but ufotable manages to hide it well if you don't have a trained eye) or the backgrounds which many times are not well integrated and seem taken from Minecraft as annoying as they are to look at, but since season 2 they have really made a notable upgrade
@Leon888 They used CGI models for characters plenty of times. Yes it was more in S1 but they are extremely clever with it. Its usually a distance shot, slow mo, or when the seen has plenty of talking with no motions. This makes it unnoticeable or easily bearable unlike a lot other studios. I think that's actually brilliant.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 14, 7:10 AM

Jan 2017
Leon888 said:
Not many, but there are people who say it, that mainly the show is all brought about by the compositing and not by the animation

Well, as pointed out by multiple people, the compositing is actually part of what is animation.

It we talk about the fluidity of the movements instead, with the joints of key and in-between frames, then yeah, that statement is true (albeit categorizing it as "bad" is completely wrong in itself); the compositing, especially with the Digital team is what makes the works of Ufotable so visually stunning (on top of the color designers, for the vibrant red and green, especially). If you want an example, you can look at this short sequence (and if you have a little bit of time, at all of the video, she's really great) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYJ8Jgt8MwI&t=498s
Edit : There is that one too : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3R6cf6njz4
Alexioos95May 14, 7:29 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 14, 7:45 AM
Jun 2023
It has great compositing but not that good actual frame by frame animation. If you compare ONLY the pure animation to other anime such as well jjk, it falls behind. Both have good visuals though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Sep 28, 2019

571 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 21, 2019

233 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

210 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

-Stray - Sep 7, 2019

221 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2019

351 by skatensleep »»
May 19, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.