Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 12:01 AM
Feb 2023
Honestly, it's a great anime. I'm really curious how powerful he'll be in the future and how the goblins and those with them interact with the outside world.

But, I just can't stop getting pissed with Gobrou for every episode. Why?

As painful as it be to be watching this anime, I decide to watch it through for the story. The purpose I wrote this is just to relieve myself from holding all these feelings about Gobrou. Thank you for reading my rant.
hrodebert99May 7, 1:57 AM
May 7, 12:12 AM
Sep 2021
" i hate the bad guy for being a bad guy "
May 7, 12:38 AM
May 2023
When you forget that he has no intention of being a nice guy
May 7, 1:01 AM

Apr 2021
That’s not an actuate representation.

Rou has saved the lives of people that he thinks might be of value to his group, this has included men and women of different races.

If you hadn’t noticed, many of the men are totally proud arrogant racist jerks in the show, and only a few are worthy of having around, the women can be persuaded in other ways to follow Rou, but the men just get in the way.

Also, he literally eats the flesh of others to gain abilities, so worthless people end up being eaten by him.

In this last episode, men that he had thought might be of use, didn’t pan out, instead of killing them, he gave them to the elves, but others that showed potential and loyalty were allowed to join his group.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 7, 1:26 AM
Oct 2016
great anime? hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha it's joke?
May 7, 1:49 AM
Feb 2023
Reply to ejleon
That’s not an actuate representation.

Rou has saved the lives of people that he thinks might be of value to his group, this has included men and women of different races.

If you hadn’t noticed, many of the men are totally proud arrogant racist jerks in the show, and only a few are worthy of having around, the women can be persuaded in other ways to follow Rou, but the men just get in the way.

Also, he literally eats the flesh of others to gain abilities, so worthless people end up being eaten by him.

In this last episode, men that he had thought might be of use, didn’t pan out, instead of killing them, he gave them to the elves, but others that showed potential and loyalty were allowed to join his group.
Well, I did watch the latest episode before writing this post. Seeing some men to be finally included into the team definitely made me felt a little better about this anime. It's just that the scene where he "flirted" with the female humans who he just caught got on my nerves. Like, why he need to do that just to make them obey? There are other ways to do it, just like what he done to the goblins in the early episode.

I don't hate the anime and I like it honestly. But I just grow tired with the "capture men and women but at the end only women alive" bullshit the director/author keep showing us each episode.
May 7, 2:36 AM
Nov 2020
hrodebert99 said:
Well, I did watch the latest episode before writing this post. Seeing some men to be finally included into the team definitely made me felt a little better about this anime. It's just that the scene where he "flirted" with the female humans who he just caught got on my nerves. Like, why he need to do that just to make them obey? There are other ways to do it, just like what he done to the goblins in the early episode.

I don't hate the anime and I like it honestly. But I just grow tired with the "capture men and women but at the end only women alive" bullshit the director/author keep showing us each episode.

because it's a harem and he wants to f them
May 7, 2:47 AM
Mar 2021
hrodebert99 said:
Honestly, it's a great anime. I'm really curious how powerful he'll be in the future and how the goblins and those with them interact with the outside world.

As painful as it be to be watching this anime, I decide to watch it through for the story. The purpose I wrote this is just to relieve myself from holding all these feelings about Gobrou. Thank you for reading my rant.

Lol he was morally grey to begin with and also bcoz he wants to hv a harem I mean he already does kinda hv one but my point still stands he’s a goblin bro what’d you expect from him??😂
May 7, 5:00 AM
Jul 2023
it's an isekai power fantasy where the mc has to create a harem of women so he can constantly get laid. in the most recent episode he straight up r*ped the 2 human women he'd defeated when in the past he'd made it a point to get consent and not make them uncomfortable. consistency isn't really the point
May 7, 5:16 AM
Dec 2022
goblin slayer
wants to know gobrou's location
Whatever19May 7, 5:23 AM
May 7, 6:05 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Cayusashi
it's an isekai power fantasy where the mc has to create a harem of women so he can constantly get laid. in the most recent episode he straight up r*ped the 2 human women he'd defeated when in the past he'd made it a point to get consent and not make them uncomfortable. consistency isn't really the point
@Cayusashi Even just going by the anime, and ignoring what has been omitted, this is false. In the latest episode he references how he used aphrodisiac drugs on the elves, commenting that the humans reached their "limit" much quicker. It's also been shown previously with the elves that he uses sex as a tool to make female prisoners more submissive/compliant, which is how he gets the elves to abandon their pride and wear the "earrings". None of this could qualify as consensual, they're either under the influence of drugs or there's an element of coercion present, given they are prisoners.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 7, 6:11 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to hrodebert99

@hrodebert99 Technically, the male elves who won their mock battles were spared, he just rigged the results so that no females were killed. As for why he uses sex on the female prisoners, besides the fact it's enjoyable (for him) and effective in "humbling" them so to speak, there's one key aspect that's been omitted so far from the novels.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 7, 8:55 AM
Jul 2023
LostSpectre said:
@Cayusashi Even just going by the anime, and ignoring what has been omitted, this is false. In the latest episode he references how he used aphrodisiac drugs on the elves, commenting that the humans reached their "limit" much quicker. It's also been shown previously with the elves that he uses sex as a tool to make female prisoners more submissive/compliant, which is how he gets the elves to abandon their pride and wear the "earrings". None of this could qualify as consensual, they're either under the influence of drugs or there's an element of coercion present, given they are prisoners.

fair point. I was just trying to say that Rou wanted the girls to at least think they're consenting. because you're right about consent not being able to exist due to their imprisonment and other circumstances. in the recent episode he dropped all pretenses of manufacturing consent
CayusashiMay 7, 9:00 AM
May 7, 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Cayusashi
LostSpectre said:

fair point. I was just trying to say that Rou wanted the girls to at least think they're consenting. because you're right about consent not being able to exist due to their imprisonment and other circumstances. in the recent episode he dropped all pretenses of manufacturing consent
@Cayusashi Yeah, that's just because there's a lot of detail that was omitted, but the elves and the humans from the battle are slaves in the truest sense. He's already shown mercy by not killing them, and he's not a sadist or torturer, but he is the chieftain and will use his "resources" however he sees fit. I think people got the wrong idea about him saving the human girls just because of a) how unspeakably cruel the conditions of the previous slaves were, and b) the fact he hadn't truly begun to embrace his monster nature yet. Of course, there's been plenty of evidence before all the grape that he's a very morally grey character, unless you're just discounting how casually he murders people or lets others die.

Also, his grape is way less horrific and traumatizing, because all grape isn't the same, but that's naturally a controversial subject.
LostSpectreMay 7, 9:22 AM
May 7, 10:12 AM

Apr 2021
Whatever19 said:
goblin slayer

This is hilarious 😂

That would make season 2 and season 4 way better
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 7, 10:13 AM
Jan 2022
this is a story about a villan and how they grow to power. He is a bad dude and gets worse along the way, if you dont like harems, grape, and over powered dude who eats people for more power, this anime is not for you
May 7, 6:15 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to LostSpectre
@hrodebert99 Technically, the male elves who won their mock battles were spared, he just rigged the results so that no females were killed. As for why he uses sex on the female prisoners, besides the fact it's enjoyable (for him) and effective in "humbling" them so to speak, there's one key aspect that's been omitted so far from the novels.
@LostSpectre Alright, that omitted part you mentioned make clears up the whole thing. I know goblins are breeders by nature. It's just that Gobrou as a character seemed very inconsistent in my opinion in the anime. At first, he prevented his species from intercourse, which I assume there won't be grape thing then later did it himself. As the story goes by, he collect mostly females for whatever reasons he never stated. I do know it's possible he just a horny guy who wants harem but I wish the anime could portrayed that part more clearly.
May 7, 6:18 PM
Feb 2023
Reply to TheMageDalamar
this is a story about a villan and how they grow to power. He is a bad dude and gets worse along the way, if you dont like harems, grape, and over powered dude who eats people for more power, this anime is not for you
@TheMageDalamar Don't get me wrong. I'm okay with harem, and also grape since this is an anime about goblins. It's just I found Gobrou as a weird inconsistent character.
May 7, 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to hrodebert99
@LostSpectre Alright, that omitted part you mentioned make clears up the whole thing. I know goblins are breeders by nature. It's just that Gobrou as a character seemed very inconsistent in my opinion in the anime. At first, he prevented his species from intercourse, which I assume there won't be grape thing then later did it himself. As the story goes by, he collect mostly females for whatever reasons he never stated. I do know it's possible he just a horny guy who wants harem but I wish the anime could portrayed that part more clearly.
@hrodebert99 Yes, it would be more helpful if such things weren't half censored for anime, but I think it might have caused an uproar.
May 7, 11:59 PM
Jan 2022
I don't think he's supposed to be a morally sound character you should empathize with.
May 8, 12:30 AM
Apr 2017
Just going to say if I had power like Gobrou. I'm sure sure has saving every beautiful woman just for my self satisfaction
May 8, 3:20 AM
Apr 2024
hrodebert99 said:

This conversations often happens in genre anime isekai, ecchi, harem and op mc.😗

I mean, what do you expect from them?😅
May 8, 2:21 PM
Feb 2018
I don't care for goburo choices but if the people die he get can consume them for their skills that strengthen his community and himself look at it this way especially as I read on a forum that he was betrayed in his first life he a cross between lugh from worlds finest assassin reincarnated as an aristocrat and rimuru from reincarnated as a slime plus just a pinch of haijme from arifureta

I believe his cold and cruel decisions come from being a betrayed soldier, and that why he handles things so coldly

for example with rimuru vs the wolves in season one rimuru let the defeat wolves join because he didn't have that mental scar of betrayal while Hajime would have slaughtered them all, lugh may have kept the best few for pawn as for lugh most people are expendable as for goburo if he didn't have the taming ability the wolves he faced would have been just more food
May 8, 9:19 PM
Dec 2017
My conclusion from all of this is that it's just not a very coherent story or has consistent characters in terms of morality and logic. Has turned me off it, and I'm about 1 episode away from dropping it I suspect. Just can't make heads or tails of the show.
May 9, 7:03 AM
Apr 2021
Wait wait wait wait waitttttttt so y’all got a problem with Gobrou killing/letting ppl die but have no problem when Ainz from Overlord does it?🤨
May 10, 5:57 AM
Jul 2020
Yeah, I am getting tired of it too. And to be honest I am only still watching this anime for Kichi because I very much don’t like any of the other characters (including the mc)
May 11, 5:02 AM
Mar 2021
Whatever19 said:
goblin slayer

Lmao!!!
Rou would crush him, but I do like Goblin Slayer as well.
May 11, 5:04 AM
Mar 2021
LostSpectre said:
@hrodebert99 Yes, it would be more helpful if such things weren't half censored for anime, but I think it might have caused an uproar.

Yeah if it wasn't censored there would have been a lot of uproar cause the story does get really dark at time.
May 16, 3:10 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Treyv0n
Wait wait wait wait waitttttttt so y’all got a problem with Gobrou killing/letting ppl die but have no problem when Ainz from Overlord does it?🤨
@Treyv0n While I honestly don't mind the letting people die part myself, I think Overlord is the perfect contrast.

In Overlord it shows a character grappling with his position as he slowly loses his humanity. He goes from trying to get around killing and being the "bad guy" to embracing his new life. There's even an in-world explanation that his personality is being corrected over time to fit his role.

In Re:Monster we have an MC that is more evil from the get go, but ultimately right off the bat draws a line at allowing the female prisoners to continue to be used. He brings some human morality with him, but he rapidly loses it without any fanfare or real character development. It's all just seriously underdeveloped.

The crucial difference is the tone though. Overlord makes it quite clear that the MC isn't the good guy and he's steadily getting worse. Re:Monster really blurs the lines when, particularly paying attention to the music, it plays things off as lighthearted fun. The anime at least (can't speak to the manga) makes it seem like a pure power fantasy that asks "Wouldn't it be great to be this guy?" when that guy is not at all someone to model oneself after.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 20

34 by DBZ_Alter_Ego »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 3

86 by WolfWood37 »»
Jun 7, 12:49 PM

» Almost dropped this (episode 2 spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

142 by Amogotan »»
Jun 5, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 27

27 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 5, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 7 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 13

33 by ST63LTH »»
Jun 5, 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.