Forum Settings
Forums

If You Could Replace Any Anime Character With a Cat, Who Would You Choose?

New
Apr 1, 9:08 PM

Dec 2021
Lots of anime characters are total chumps, and the shows they appear in would be a gazillion or so times better if the were booted off the show and replaced with a fuzzy wuzzy cutie pie. Maybe the character is unbelievably stupid, exists purely for fanservice, has a stupid catch phrase, or is simply hard to look at. Regardless of the reason, surely you can imagine a character or two who needs to be shown the door to make room for a furry companion! Who do you choose?

My vote goes to Subaru Mikazuki from My Roommate is a Cat. Haru, his cat, is so adorable and cute, but Subaru is insufferable with his whining, groaning, and generally sulky demeanor. The fact that he is the focus of the show 80% of the time (to Haru's 20%) is among the dumbest decisions I've ever seen in anime. The show would be soooooo much better if Subaru slept with the fishes, and Haru had a fluffy furrend to hang out with instead! The whole show could be two cute kitties playing and sunbathing the whole time. Just imagine two of these fellers:

Apr 1, 9:21 PM

May 2019
I'd replace Kaenbyou Rin with a cat.
Apr 1, 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
yoruichi of bleach is already a cat or can transform to one
Apr 1, 9:27 PM

Dec 2021
Probably Happosai. He'd still be a pain in the ass, but at least he'd be a cuter pain in the ass.

Daviljoe193Apr 2, 12:19 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Apr 1, 10:14 PM

Jan 2013
Someone who unironically wishes MAL's last April Fool's joke was a permanent change to the site.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 1, 10:18 PM

Feb 2020
L from Death Note. Imagine him being a genius cat. I think it would be awesome. =^_^=

Apr 1, 10:42 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Serafos
L from Death Note. Imagine him being a genius cat. I think it would be awesome. =^_^=

@Serafos I was thinking it would be so funny to have both Light and L be cats. Imagine two cats trying to outsmart each other the way it's done in the show.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Apr 1, 11:20 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Serafos

Me too,it would be awesome to have this new funny idea and I think it would be better than original.

Apr 1, 11:37 PM

Nov 2019
KittenCuddler said:
Subaru slept with the fishes,

This line won't motivate people to support you, you know?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 2, 12:06 AM

May 2023
Reply to WaffleMaster89
@Serafos I was thinking it would be so funny to have both Light and L be cats. Imagine two cats trying to outsmart each other the way it's done in the show.
@WaffleMaster89 that show will be so funny
Apr 2, 12:37 AM

Nov 2023
Basiclly all the girls in every CDGCT that existed, because aren't they curter then girls going through puberty
Apr 2, 3:20 AM

Sep 2016
KittenCuddler said:
If You Could Replace Any Anime Character With a Cat, Who Would You Choose?

Zenitsu from Demon Slayer, that would make the show so much more enjoyable.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 2, 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Wolfram von Bielefeld from Kyo Kara Maoh, if he was a cat then Yuuri would have had no reason to slap him and the engagement wouldn't exist and hopefully Conrad would receive a bit more focus.
Apr 2, 5:24 PM

Dec 2021
@tchitchouan I don't know who that is, but based on their appearance I would agree that a fuzzy little kitten would be, at a minimum, significantly cuter!

@deg bruh, the question was what character would you replace with a cat, not which character is or can transform into a cat. Get the wax outta yer ears there, buster!

@Daviljoe193 A cute pain in the ass > not a cute pain in the ass, for sure. But cats aren't a pain anywhere, including in the butt!

@LostSpectre I'm a bit confused by your response, tbh. The question asked what anime character would you replace with a cat. I'm not aware of any anime character that broke the 4th wall and wanted to keep MAL's ol' April Fools jokes around

@Serafos / @WaffleMaster89 / @Nico04manga / @cultminus Ohhhhhhh! That is such a cute kitty. I think L (and Light) being replaced by a cat would be a fun twist, too! Two cats trying to sneak up on each other could be a cool premise for a show.

@SgtBateMan I hope that my disdain for Subaru won't keep you from supporting felines across the globe! Subaru is temporary, but furry furrends are furrever!

@Ratris_Decision 100% agree! Replacing girls with cats means more cute, and by extension, better shows!

@Zarutaku Also 100% agree here. Zenitsu really hurt my enjoyment of Demon Slayer, and I ended up dropping the show after season 1. Replacing him with a furball would have made things much better.

@Maou_heika I don't know what that is, but seeing that he's got the title of "Spoiled Prince," it certainly sounds like it would be better to kick him to the curb and replace him with a furry purry.
Apr 2, 5:32 PM

Sep 2014
No. Never. Please STOP.

Anime is already saturated in cats and it's an absolute pain in the ass looking for an anime without a single cat in it.
Apr 2, 5:44 PM

Jul 2016
I would say Yoruichi from Bleach...
Apr 2, 9:17 PM

Sep 2023
Hot take but probably Aoi Hinami from Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki. Never really liked the character from the start, but after midway through the second season I couldn't stand the character. I think Tomozaki would have probably gotten better advice from listening to a cat meow.

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Apr 2, 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
@KittenCuddler

then i say hestia to make her more cute
May 26, 4:46 PM

Aug 2019
There's a number of characters in "Naruto" that I would replace with a cat in a heartbeat. Would also have the added benefit of making Sasuke's life so much better than it was.

More topics from this board

» What would happen with Poutin Sometimes Hides His Feelings in Russian?

SgtBateMan - 6 hours ago

20 by SgtBateMan »»
3 minutes ago

» What do you think about 00s anime?

RobertBobert - 5 hours ago

15 by WatchTillTandava »»
4 minutes ago

» Which superpower you like choose from an anime character irl?

nirererin - 7 hours ago

4 by Maou_heika »»
9 minutes ago

» What is the trashiest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

basrekichka - Yesterday

61 by deg »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » What should be the next Type Moon anime project.

AnimePedestrian - Yesterday

22 by AnimePedestrian »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.