Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 27, 4:57 AM
Mar 2022

Well in the ring scene, how beautiful it is when you realize that the clock tower between them symbolizes that they are only seperated by the time, and it hurts right into kokoro.

Between do post any other interesting observation which you encountered, it would be fun reliving those moments!
yameteKudasaiKunMar 27, 5:03 AM
Mar 27, 5:09 AM
Mar 2022
Didn't someone just yesterday make a post about this?
Mar 27, 5:27 AM

Sep 2016
Not symbolic moments, but here are some details you maybe havent noticed during the first watch that i have noticed since i already read the manga and it was easier for me.
1) We see frieren holding the ring that himmel, gave her in episode 1 right after his funeral thinking about something
2) In episode 2 i believe we see Frieren remembering what favourite food each of the members had and eisen said he liked grapes, sourer the better, then we see frieren buy a spell that does exactly that and in the episode 4 we see her use it for him furing their montage adventure, making him happy and excited
3) In one of episodes there is a flashback during which aizen is telling about death of a certain character that will be important in season 2
4) The golem that we see frieren use in the fight against her copy is the one that we see during episode 2, it used to be small
5) This is a manga only, but it still covers the first 60 chapters

6) When we see Sense ask who are the promising mages that came for the test, the moment whe sees ubel look at her she gets this irritated look, after tha flashback with them speaking its more obvious why and i dont think its because of just her killing the first class mage, since sense didnt give that look when that happened
7) When we see how frieren shows flower spell to her party for the first time in episode 2, you can see that all the party members are suprised by it, except himmel, who is just smiling since he has already seen it when he was young.
8) A small manga only for now, anime only shouldnt check this

There are probably more that i havent noticed or didnt remember right now, but these are the ones i did
Mar 27, 5:28 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2152485
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 27, 6:30 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to AltN
Didn't someone just yesterday make a post about this?
@AltN oh haven't came across it! Sorry for the repetition.

@HloFrndz nice one if it will become true
@taikaaaa11 interesting observations you have got there, thanks for sharing.
yameteKudasaiKunMar 27, 6:34 AM
Mar 27, 11:45 AM
Aug 2019
soma_ITB said:

Well in the ring scene, how beautiful it is when you realize that the clock tower between them symbolizes that they are only seperated by the time, and it hurts right into kokoro.

Between do post any other interesting observation which you encountered, it would be fun reliving those moments!

No, they had plenty of time together. Frieren’s indifference to others kept them apart. I shouldn’t say that seeking out meaning in frames like this is bad, but you gotta contemplate it.

How much more time did they really need to get to know each other? I feel the issue is more so that the time they did have was wasted, right?

If you wanted a better interpretation, you could say the clock was ticking on their time together or something maybe. But even then, Frieren could have chosen to spend time with Himmel in the capital rather than depart for her own journey.
Mar 27, 12:36 PM
Jul 2023
DAM cool details like this really make an anime special
Mar 27, 12:47 PM

Mar 2023
@HloFrndz That's Flamme's grave. It's the same location where Serie and Frieren were talking during episode 25's flashback.
animator for the scene confirming it's Flamme's grave: https://twitter.com/Nslwv3wF4xjE0ng/status/1743288873848074626?t=mwRgQtgKmxrILazS2TaOpQ&s=19
Mar 28, 3:39 PM
Aug 2021
ghier said:
soma_ITB said:

No, they had plenty of time together. Frieren’s indifference to others kept them apart. I shouldn’t say that seeking out meaning in frames like this is bad, but you gotta contemplate it.

How much more time did they really need to get to know each other? I feel the issue is more so that the time they did have was wasted, right?

If you wanted a better interpretation, you could say the clock was ticking on their time together or something maybe. But even then, Frieren could have chosen to spend time with Himmel in the capital rather than depart for her own journey.

It's not that they didn't get to know each other or that their time together was wasted, it's that they both viewed time differently. Friren doesn't conceve that things need to be done now because time is finite, as shown by talking about going to the next meteor shower like it's nothing even though it was practically a human lifetime away.

It's her concept of time which kept them apart.
Mar 28, 3:41 PM

Jan 2009
ye someone already made a thread about it before you did
Mar 28, 4:21 PM
Aug 2019
StarZone1 said:
ghier said:

It's not that they didn't get to know each other or that their time together was wasted, it's that they both viewed time differently. Friren doesn't conceve that things need to be done now because time is finite, as shown by talking about going to the next meteor shower like it's nothing even though it was practically a human lifetime away.

It's her concept of time which kept them apart.

That’s a better way to put it. I’ll give it more credit.

But in the end, it’s different from the interpretation given by OP … as it is Frieren keeping them apart not time itself.

If I was an art critic, which I’m not, I’d give it even more credit if the frame emphasized each character’s view of time instead of placing it between them.

More topics from this board

» Read the manga?

RealityChanges - 6 hours ago

6 by Asahinchi »»
12 minutes ago

» Dub ( 1 2 )

Cutie-Kun - Jun 6

52 by Estefan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

842 by FONZACUS »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

505 by MasterK »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 1

252 by MasterK »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.