Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 26, 2018 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
Uchika realizes she was a bad parent to Ayano by abandoning her to make her a better player. But does she honestly think that after being a parent and coach to a Danish girl for 5+ years, after psychologically damaging Ayano's mental state because she left her after losing 1 game, that Ayano would want to move and be a family with her and her new 'daughter' Connie in Denmark?

If you want Ayano to be better, why aren't you training her more? you're a 10 time national champion..

If Connie wants to be a 'sister' why isn't she asking Uchika why Ayano isn't with her mother in Denmark? "Oh i abandoned her because she lost a game while she was sick so she could get better"

Would Uchika have abandoned Connie if she lost?

Did Uchika take care of Connie when she got sick?

Also where the fuck are Connie's real parents, "Hello Japanese Badminton Coach, yes please take and raise our daughter as your own as you neglect your biological daughter"

If they make a season 2, i hope that Ayano rejects Uchika's attempts to reconcile.
MCA5EYDec 27, 2018 2:23 PM
Jan 5, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2011
MCA5EY said:
Uchika realizes she was a bad parent to Ayano by abandoning her to make her a better player. But does she honestly think that after being a parent and coach to a Danish girl for 5+ years, after psychologically damaging Ayano's mental state because she left her after losing 1 game, that Ayano would want to move and be a family with her and her new 'daughter' Connie in Denmark?

If you want Ayano to be better, why aren't you training her more? you're a 10 time national champion..

If Connie wants to be a 'sister' why isn't she asking Uchika why Ayano isn't with her mother in Denmark? "Oh i abandoned her because she lost a game while she was sick so she could get better"

Would Uchika have abandoned Connie if she lost?

Did Uchika take care of Connie when she got sick?

Also where the fuck are Connie's real parents, "Hello Japanese Badminton Coach, yes please take and raise our daughter as your own as you neglect your biological daughter"

If they make a season 2, i hope that Ayano rejects Uchika's attempts to reconcile.

There is no doubt that went about it the wrong way, that's for sure. Leaving just like that after she lost a game, while it looked that way to Nagisa, her mother probably realized that she would feel that way, or maybe she didn't think about it at all, just that she needed to distance herself from her, for Nagisa to realize what she lacks or whatnot.

But yeah, that obviously backfired.

And no, I'm not trying to justify her mothers actions, even I wanted her to get lost to put it gently.

As for Connie, if I remember it right, she's an orphan. I think her real parents died while she was young (not completely sure about this). And Uchika decides to adopt her after they met when she was younger.

I'm not a parent myself, but people do mistakes and Uchika realized she was wrong when she came back to Japan and noticed how Nagisa had changed.

"If they make a season 2, I hope that Ayano rejects Uchika's attempts to reconcile."
- When they had their 'reunion', basically disowned her mother.

Sure, they may be on better terms in the end, but I think it's more like Nagisa had to let go in order to move on / be happy. By forgiving her mom for the mistake she made, it just goes to show how strong she really is.

This is just my view on it.

Regards, cWarriorM.
Oct 12, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2019
her mom is what is called "a natural born b*tch" waiting for worthless people like that to have an ounce of logic is futile, when dealing with people like that you are better to just ignore them & consider them dead.
Oct 12, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2016
The problem, in my opinion, is that it seems that Uchika didn't learn anything from her flaws and mistakes. What's the point on recognizing that you made a mistake and say it so openly to everyone if you're not doing anything to solve those problems. It's like she's just a very cynical person.

I was expecting a sort of understanding by Uchika on Ayano's feelings, but that didn't quite happen. Furthermore, Ayano stills being an obnoxious person at the end of the anime, she didn't learn anything either.

Because it's not like Ayano, Uchika and Connie are just bad people, and it is interesting to see how they realize their mistakes and try to do something about them, so they can have a healthy and beautiful relationship. But we got nothing.

Well, maybe what we got at the end is like a first step to a better building of a "family relationship" between the three of them, because what we saw is a toxic relationship, nothing else.

I really hope that this could have a better development in the manga, because a second season seems unlikely, from my perspective.
Oct 29, 2019 9:57 PM
Apr 2013
You guys really think too much. The story line of this anime is straight up bullshit from start to finish. None of the characters are likeable at all and most of them even seem to have a split personality. In one moment they are the biggest assholes under the sun and in the next moment, they turn 180 degrees and suddenly want to be friends with everyone.

There is not a single part of the story that makes any sense. For example: That girl, that seemed to like one of the Badminton guys, really wanted to talk wih him and after a lot of tries and tears she started a dialogue:

A: I love you and I cheered for you because you made me start Badminton

B: That sounds more like you love Badminton

A: Oh well, yes, bye.

What the fuck...
Feb 9, 2020 2:03 PM

Jul 2015
Imagine the situation, that you disappointed your parent.
(Whether it is your fault or not it's irrelevant. In this case it was rather not her fault due to bitch move from Pink Cunt)
Then your parent leaves without even saying goodbye and slamming door behind her and then you find out she found new "daughter".
The only way you can interpret that is as being disowned and it's real punch in the gut, so no, she does not deserve redemption.
And not only for borderline disownment, but she is her mother above coach and she left her when she needed her the most, but she left her with severe PTSD.
I assume her friends trying their best to convince her to return to the sport was not part of her plan, so I would like to see her reaction if Ayano would decide to cut all ties with babington and (maybe) her realising it's all her fault.
But obviously we had clichéd, deus ex machina redemption and everyone lives happily ever after.

Mar 23, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 2020
I wonder if u guys really watched the anime?? Every one are complaining about how uchika left ayano,but there was a scene showing uchika return immediately implying it was an act, but when she saw ayano obsessed to play badminton to get her mother's recognition she was disappointed and maybe she really left afterwards..... It is the same way how manabu treated suzune in classroom of the elite (it backfired in both the cases though). Anyways it was a logic seen through a lot of anime. I definitely think uchika deserves reconciliation (but her decision not to go Denmark right though) and I also felt bad for Connie. Anime hints her reconciliation with ayano but it would've been nice if there was some visual confirmation of it.
Allan02Mar 23, 2021 8:47 AM
Jul 9, 2022 8:55 AM
Mar 2022
Uchika realizes his own mistake but what if he finds out that Ayano is no longer playing badminton and seeing the result he didn't expect it really disappoints him, will Uchika leave again and never meet, will Uchika do but he realizes that it will hurt the daughter once again
Oct 1, 2022 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
If Uchika would actually admit that she made a mistake and apologize, yes she could redeem herself. But that dumb bitch doesn't even regret giving her own daughter a psychological scar for life, so at this point, no. She got off way too easy in the last episode.
Nov 12, 2022 10:18 AM

Aug 2021
Well, after watching this I'm kinda frustrated. For a change of pace I watched a sports anime and here I see this kinda bitching. Seriously how come Uchika is forgiven after all she has done!! I don't understand at all. Then the duo of foster girl & mother come crying and gets forgiven. Well I don't know what the author was thinking, it's some lazy writing: I love the game, so all is forgiven 😑😑
Mar 17, 6:13 AM
May 2023
Reply to advocatus
You guys really think too much. The story line of this anime is straight up bullshit from start to finish. None of the characters are likeable at all and most of them even seem to have a split personality. In one moment they are the biggest assholes under the sun and in the next moment, they turn 180 degrees and suddenly want to be friends with everyone.

There is not a single part of the story that makes any sense. For example: That girl, that seemed to like one of the Badminton guys, really wanted to talk wih him and after a lot of tries and tears she started a dialogue:

A: I love you and I cheered for you because you made me start Badminton

B: That sounds more like you love Badminton

A: Oh well, yes, bye.

What the fuck...
@advocatus this.

the writer wrote bullshit and strike up on our nerves, so we talk about it more, worst mom, worst characters, worst ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

115 by Seabury »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

121 by Kaisoooo94 »»
May 26, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

209 by Destroyer31 »»
May 9, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

126 by Ronninn »»
Dec 10, 2022 10:30 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Ronninn »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.