Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2023 8:56 AM
Oct 2023
Has animation advanced far enough to do it justice?
Nov 11, 2023 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Seeing as how Jojo became a B-class project for David Production, they can't make a stellar adaptation. However, a passable one is possible (Just like part 6).
There are several factors that will hold it back:
1) There is a low demand for less popular Jojo parts in Japan and 7 is the most underrated part there;
2) As I said, at this point Jojo is a side project for David Production, unlike the good old days that ended with part 5;
3) Netflix jail further decreasing the popularity of the series, thus limiting the budget and the risks associated with it;
4) Invevitable CGI horses. There's no way they will be hand drawn;
5) Even if they are CGI, horse animation will require more staff and work;
6) Finally, after such a long wait, the hype will wane. It doesn't help that part 6 was the one where the casuals lost interest in the series.
Nov 11, 2023 12:34 PM
Jun 2021
alphaoro said:
Has animation advanced far enough to do it justice?

Part 7 is super long, plus we have to deal with the horses. CGI isn’t that good yet to match the style of Jojo while fighting on moving horses and using stand powers. Part 7 also is a hard sell after Part 6 having a sort of ending. Then with Netflix jail who knows how it will be released, and that’s important cause it could kill the hype
Nov 11, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 2022
The biggest factor will be the budget and release schedule. If Netflix lets David Productions take all the time and budgets it needs, then the adaptation can be great. Hopefully, Netflix will shift to a weekly relase schedule like it did for Vinland Saga season 2.
Nov 11, 2023 1:40 PM
Jun 2021
they decided to cgi an antagonist character and a whole stand
I believe they are starting to ditch it now and animating for the sake of animating
the horses will be cgi, no questions, but good cgi can be appreciated by everyone
they need to understand what jojo was to them and it made them how they are today

also if they want to make the perfect golden ratio
then they have to LITERALLY NAIL THE HORSES DOWN TO FINEST DETAIL or it would ruin the golden ratio
Nov 11, 2023 7:41 PM
Feb 2021
401Weeb said:
The biggest factor will be the budget and release schedule. If Netflix lets David Productions take all the time and budgets it needs, then the adaptation can be great. Hopefully, Netflix will shift to a weekly relase schedule like it did for Vinland Saga season 2.

Vinland saga is not Netflix original unlike jojo
Nov 12, 2023 2:16 AM

Oct 2022
We wouldn't know it how it's gonna be until it release. Part 7 is not that popular in Japan from what I know and because part 6 adaption is a bit step down, I really really hope part 7 get adaption it deserve. They really have nail the horses, it's such a important part in part 7. we either gonna get adaption like part 6 or we just have to wait like a long long time.
Nov 13, 2023 2:41 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to CharlesMarlow
Seeing as how Jojo became a B-class project for David Production, they can't make a stellar adaptation. However, a passable one is possible (Just like part 6).
There are several factors that will hold it back:
1) There is a low demand for less popular Jojo parts in Japan and 7 is the most underrated part there;
2) As I said, at this point Jojo is a side project for David Production, unlike the good old days that ended with part 5;
3) Netflix jail further decreasing the popularity of the series, thus limiting the budget and the risks associated with it;
4) Invevitable CGI horses. There's no way they will be hand drawn;
5) Even if they are CGI, horse animation will require more staff and work;
6) Finally, after such a long wait, the hype will wane. It doesn't help that part 6 was the one where the casuals lost interest in the series.
@CharlesMarlow Don't think it's a wise idea to assume that SO's production problems will just be the norm for the franchise from now on. It is true that DP's internal changes fucked Stone Ocean in the grand scheme of things, with projects like Spriggan, UY as a four-cours, and Undead Unluck taking a lot of the veteran staff, but there is no way of knowing what will happen next, specially since DP has nothing further announced. Specially if Hideya Takahashi and Yasuhiro Kimura may or may not be free afterwards.
Nov 13, 2023 11:36 PM
Aug 2019
looking at how Part 6 was handled, i honestly don’t think so. i hope more people pick up the manga because the anime is absolutely the worse way to experience the series now.
Nov 14, 2023 11:31 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to SKILIFT26
looking at how Part 6 was handled, i honestly don’t think so. i hope more people pick up the manga because the anime is absolutely the worse way to experience the series now.
@SKILIFT26 This is being quite overdramatic.

More topics from this board

» Leak: Anime adaptation

ARK-13 - Apr 27

23 by Ronnieboi6980 »»
Jun 10, 7:49 PM

» I have a theory who Araki was inspired by to make Scarlet Valentine

Absurdo_N - Jun 2

2 by Absurdo_N »»
Jun 2, 2:33 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 96 Discussion

federgolo - Nov 18, 2016

38 by Pitmania »»
May 24, 4:31 AM

» Can i skip parts and read this?

PermanentHaki - Apr 1

46 by Blueberry173 »»
May 21, 12:40 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 11 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 19, 2014

30 by Nill_oficial7boy »»
May 11, 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.