Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2023 9:41 AM
Aug 2022
The best anime of all time for me!

I wish someone would love me the way Mikasa loved Eren one day ;-;
Nov 8, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
At this point, I'm just glad it's over.

A few annoyances aside, I just feel apathetic about all of this in the end, partially thanks to Mappa's release schedule and misuse of the word "Final" but also because I just didn't care for how the story shifted after the timeskip.

I respect the author for trying to evolve the tone of the story, but that doesn't mean I have to like that change. The only part that truly annoys me is the idea that all of this was predetermined from the start, that literally no one involved ever had free will at any point in the story. That completely undermines all the struggles we saw everyone go through to reach this point and all the development every character had.
Nov 8, 2023 12:36 PM
Mar 2023
O melhor anime da vida cara que anime maravilhoso quando tiver um filho(a) certeza que sera o primeiro anime q irei colocar pra assistir junto.
Nov 8, 2023 12:36 PM
Mar 2023
O melhor anime da vida cara que anime maravilhoso quando tiver um filho(a) certeza que sera o primeiro anime q irei colocar pra assistir junto.
Nov 8, 2023 1:21 PM
Oct 2023
how can u hate aot?
Nov 8, 2023 1:23 PM

Oct 2019
Finally, it's the end. Absolutely deserves 100/10 one of my favorite anime’s of all time. Thank you MAPPA for animating this masterpiece.
Nov 8, 2023 1:48 PM
Sep 2023
My favourite romance anime after Parasyte
Nov 8, 2023 2:14 PM
Jun 2016
Reiner I love you.

Nov 8, 2023 2:17 PM
Sep 2023
Great ending to a decade's worth of anime!
Nov 8, 2023 3:37 PM

Mar 2014
mid af, I'm not even a hater, it's just too effing cheesy, and the plot armors were through the roof, ep was a 6/10, aot keeps being a way above average anime though
Nov 8, 2023 3:55 PM
Jan 2015
It has ended FeelsStrongMan
Nov 8, 2023 3:59 PM
Feb 2016
end of an era I can’t believe it’s been 10 years 😭 shed a tear reading the manga but this episode had me balling my eyes out omfg I’m gonna miss this sm I can’t stop crying lol
Nov 8, 2023 5:11 PM
Nov 2023
peak fiction, one of the best form of art in the modern era
Nov 8, 2023 6:08 PM
Feb 2014
Reply to VivavideoUser2x
@magatetus Eren did much worse, he murdered tons of families and children all over the goddamn world. He even stated that he wiped out like 80 percent of the earth and you are on his side? Are you secretly Mikasa typing this?
@VivavideoUser2x I side with Paradis over the world, so Paradis deserves to be genocide? Their memories had wiped by the king, they didn’t know anything. Marley started it, they should have left Paradis alone. It’s genocide or be genocide, are they supposed to die for the world? Do they not have the right to live? 100% would have been better though, the Eldians would have been the only people. Team Yagerists for life. Eren is the hero is so is 👑 Flock.
Nov 8, 2023 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to magatetus
@VivavideoUser2x I side with Paradis over the world, so Paradis deserves to be genocide? Their memories had wiped by the king, they didn’t know anything. Marley started it, they should have left Paradis alone. It’s genocide or be genocide, are they supposed to die for the world? Do they not have the right to live? 100% would have been better though, the Eldians would have been the only people. Team Yagerists for life. Eren is the hero is so is 👑 Flock.
@magatetus

lmaoooo I love waking up to someone defending genocide on MAL

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Nov 8, 2023 7:22 PM
Aug 2014
Dedicate Your Hearts
Nov 8, 2023 7:34 PM
Feb 2014
Reply to VivavideoUser2x
@magatetus

@VivavideoUser2x and you’re not? Wasn’t Marley and the World planning to genocide Paradis? So it’s perfectly ok if they do it?
Nov 8, 2023 7:34 PM
Feb 2014
Reply to VivavideoUser2x
@magatetus

@VivavideoUser2x and you’re not? Wasn’t Marley and the World planning to genocide Paradis? So it’s perfectly ok if they do it?
Nov 8, 2023 7:42 PM
May 2022
I cried so much by the end... T_T
Attack on Titan will always be the best anime I've ever watched!
Thank you Isayama Sensei for this masterpiece! I'm so glad I got to experience this amazing story. Will forever be remember!
Nov 8, 2023 8:03 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to anikevin
the finale was
80% Mikasa bitching around
and
20% eren's decapitated head
not even surprised by that ending since School Days did it first

meh, I was never an AoT diehard to begin with, S3 Part 2 was peak AoT, everything else was just ok
@anikevin you literally gave every part of S4 a 9/10, how's that "just ok"?
Nov 8, 2023 8:26 PM

Nov 2010
Many of those past generations of Titans look badass! One of the past Armored Titans looks so cool. I wish I could transform into that!

I found it amusing when Mikasa attempted to describe the titan who abducted Armin to Annie. It's nice to see that amidst all the chaos and tension; there are still comedic moments in the show. This was also evident in the previous episode, where the moments between Armin and Annie were shown.

I find it amusing that Levi is deadset on settling the score with Zeke. Haha!
The only thing that makes me feel bad about the Rumbling is those innocent animals getting killed as well.

I love Zeke's philosophy. I absolutely agree with everything he said. What's the point of struggling when we all die eventually? It's fear that's preventing us from attaining that sweet release of death. As much as I want to kill myself right now, I am still ruled by fear. I am not depressed enough to override my survival instinct, and it's so annoying! Anyway, it's kind of an asspull he changed at the most critical moment. I understand that most people would hate the story if The Rumbling were a success. Haha!

Ymir Fritz is so beautiful now that I see her eyes. Time-skip Annie looks hot, too!

Wow, what an amazing finale! I loved the non-stop action, and the bittersweet ending was perfect. The post-credit scene was also really impactful. It showcased the inherent hopelessness of humanity as they continue to destroy each other in a never-ending cycle of violence. Although I have a dislike towards humanity, I still hold out hope that some kind of cataclysmic event will occur to change our ways or that we will embrace transhumanism and become better beings.
Nov 8, 2023 8:28 PM

May 2015
YannisSp101 said:

it could have been easily a 10/10
just ok in a sense that it's pretty good but it could have been better
maybe I'm just disappointed
Nov 8, 2023 8:46 PM
Jul 2010
Strange how a medium can have such a divided opinion. Personally i have no issue with the original manga ending, the anime manage to fix some of the manga issue.
I watch anime for 20 years plus and AoT is the undisputed anime that deliver a very strong emotional experience for me.

Many thanks to Isayama the creator, the animation company Wits and Mappa and their teams for animating the series, the team of very talented voice actor and actress, the soundtracks and OP/ED. Hated part of the fans that send death threat to the author and spreading hates onto the online anime community for disliking the ending - you will not be missed.

Nov 8, 2023 8:47 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to anikevin
YannisSp101 said:

it could have been easily a 10/10
just ok in a sense that it's pretty good but it could have been better
maybe I'm just disappointed
@anikevin that makes sense
Nov 8, 2023 9:32 PM
Feb 2009
Amazing. Can't say enough about how great a job MAPPA did, and I am so sad that it's over.
Nov 8, 2023 11:22 PM
Nov 2021
Greatest of all time
Nov 9, 2023 1:16 AM

Apr 2014
This is the infamous ending everyone hated? I kept waiting for the shoe to drop and for there to be a twist that justifies all the major hate this ending got when the manga ended and... it just never happened. I loved the ending, it makes perfect sense for the overarching story and it delivered what it set out to do. Sure, maybe there are some things that could have been handeled better but overall it was great, 9/10. Attack on Titan is easily one of the best animes of our generation, what a bittersweet feeling to watch it come to an end.
Nov 9, 2023 1:25 AM
Sep 2015
The Best Masterpiece ever made
The feelings watching a terror
how hatred shown on every human being

Nov 9, 2023 3:16 AM
Jul 2020
one of the most epic anime of all time. awesome ending
Nov 9, 2023 4:43 AM
Nov 2018
incoherent /20
glad that he stop now
Nov 9, 2023 5:09 AM
Jan 2021
Great ending of the story of struggling with fate, power, ambition, human nature and responsibility of choice.
Nov 9, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 2023
mind blowing !!!!!!!!!!!1

Nov 9, 2023 6:41 AM
Nov 2023
Perfect bittersweet conclusion to the best Anime of all time, just wished that eren and mikasa got their happy ending
Nov 9, 2023 7:28 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to deg
attack on titan is about nihilism over idealism, power struggle and power corrupts, nature over nurture, genocide justification over genocide prevention, violence is the answer its kill or be killed, the cycle of hate and violence and war never ends

@deg cap. It's about the willingness of sacrificing what you love the most for the greater good

Nov 9, 2023 7:31 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to SpeedSta123
@deg cap. It's about the willingness of sacrificing what you love the most for the greater good
@SpeedSta123 the greater good is killing 80% of humanity?
Nov 9, 2023 7:39 AM
Jun 2007
Wow so many years, finally it comes to final chapter final ep.
So we get to see flying titan, Zeke beheaded by Levi and Eren beheaded by Mikasa.
A world without titan powers but conflict still persists.
All of them had their memories return after Eren's death.
Nov 9, 2023 7:48 AM
Nov 2022
the last chapter did not make much sense to me, was hard to feel the emotions sketched
Nov 9, 2023 8:00 AM
Sep 2022
Perfect, the perfect ending for a legend
Nov 9, 2023 8:32 AM
Nov 2014
Legendary Episode
Nov 9, 2023 8:32 AM
Aug 2021
This ending is so much more easy to digest than the one in the manga
Nov 9, 2023 8:55 AM
Dec 2020
Reply to deg
attack on titan is about nihilism over idealism, power struggle and power corrupts, nature over nurture, genocide justification over genocide prevention, violence is the answer its kill or be killed, the cycle of hate and violence and war never ends

@deg A bit late but that Vinland Saga comparison is very apt.

I saw someone say this in a YouTube comment section.

Eren is basically the other side of the coin from a character like Thorfin.

It's like if Thorfin after realizing that his obsession with revenge and his life of anger and Violence will make his life a living hell.
Still dove head first into that hell because despite understanding everything he still could not let go of his anger and his violent nature.

Eren is someone who went out into the world. Saw it in all it's complexity. Realized that the world is not black and white. Realized not everyone is the enemy. Realized he's just as bad as his enemy. Realized that the world as it exists today is because of repeated cycles hatred and violence.
And realized what he would be doing is objectively wrong.

And still went ahead and chose the most violent path possible to solve his problems because he just could not change that fundamental part of his nature that pushed him towards violence in pursuit of absolute freedom.
Nov 9, 2023 9:13 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Fuhrer_Wrath
@deg A bit late but that Vinland Saga comparison is very apt.

I saw someone say this in a YouTube comment section.

Eren is basically the other side of the coin from a character like Thorfin.

It's like if Thorfin after realizing that his obsession with revenge and his life of anger and Violence will make his life a living hell.
Still dove head first into that hell because despite understanding everything he still could not let go of his anger and his violent nature.

Eren is someone who went out into the world. Saw it in all it's complexity. Realized that the world is not black and white. Realized not everyone is the enemy. Realized he's just as bad as his enemy. Realized that the world as it exists today is because of repeated cycles hatred and violence.
And realized what he would be doing is objectively wrong.

And still went ahead and chose the most violent path possible to solve his problems because he just could not change that fundamental part of his nature that pushed him towards violence in pursuit of absolute freedom.
@Fuhrer_Wrath yep too much freedom is the "state of nature" anyway heck they also showed the law of the jungle or the law of the forest in the story too
Nov 9, 2023 9:25 AM
Apr 2015
Reply to eightdollarwater
swamp881 said:
MegamiRem said:
Disappointing ending, very disappointed with how Isayama handled it. Expected something better. That said AOT is now finally over. Been quite the journey with this.

I know a lot of people didn’t like it, but can you explain why? I enjoyed it and I’m just wondering what people would have preferred to happen. No hate at all just curious.

Don't listen to anything a single person says about the ending being "the worst". The ending is one of the most bafflingly misunderstood things I've ever seen.

And no I'm not saying it's too big brain or difficult to understand. It isn't at all. It's just that people seem to have COMPLETELY missed the point of what AoT was leading up to and what we've seen in the 4th season.

There was no way Eren could have or should have won. He was reduced to a crying child. This is the poetic ending of his character and of Attack on Titan. I'm not saying AoT was 100% perfect, but the fans' desires for a fan-focused ending are mind blowingly out of touch with what Isayama has been leading up to for yeeeaaaaaaaaars.
@eightdollarwater I totally agree. To be honest, I can`t imagine a better ending for this show, it fits perfectly!
Nov 9, 2023 9:36 AM
Nov 2023
The episode was sad, not what those who followed the work wanted, but according to the events and what Eren did, it makes sense, a sad ending for a series that started in the same way.
Nov 9, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 2020
A fucking masterpiece.
Nov 9, 2023 10:16 AM
Feb 2023
Ending is wonderful, one of a few animes with good endings
Nov 9, 2023 10:56 AM
Sep 2022
eren es el mejor <3
Nov 9, 2023 12:00 PM
Mar 2018
No comment! Anime at its finest, as always.
Nov 9, 2023 1:28 PM
Nov 2014
10/10 got destroyed. shinzou wo sasageyo
Nov 9, 2023 1:29 PM
Sep 2023
Greatest Story Ever!!!!!
Pages (30) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

29 by TASM18 »»
Jun 5, 8:43 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

62 by kizumi91 »»
Jun 3, 5:16 PM

» Hulu steaming

Seiidou - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Freexpock »»
May 20, 1:44 PM

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

11 by ANIk_003 »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1048 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.