Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 5, 2023 4:18 AM
Apr 2021
I enjoyed S1 and also S1.5. I knew that it was more filler content, but because I like the characters I enjoyed this extra content quite a bit.
Oct 5, 2023 12:38 PM
Dec 2022
LostSpectre said:
@Truck-kunArrives It's called comedy, if you find such themes distasteful, so be it, but that doesn't change their intended meaning in the story.

Sorry I don’t find domestic abuse funny… even if it is in a comedy
Oct 5, 2023 12:49 PM
Dec 2022
ErogakiPatches said:
Truck-kunArrives said:

Please tell me the beating and bruises was a different manga or a troll post… because that would just ruin the story. I already thought the forced BDSM plot line was uncomfortable and felt bad for Miyamura.

Nope. Izumi has bruises on his face from Kyouko and she even tells him that he cannot get another piercing or tattoo, which is one of the few times her dad speaks up and tells her that she is being unreasonable. It is still made out to be that Kyouko is not exactly wrong, just that she should not be able to control Izumi's choices but she is not wrong for "worrying" about him.

The tattoo and piercings is eh, I mean it’s certainly not a good thing to be controlling, but that’s not near as concerning as the bruises. You don’t have to listen to the person regarding appearance is my point, but actual physical abuse… Was it an accident? Why didn’t the father step in then? I just can’t see how it would fit into the story with the tone of the anime. It seems like a totally different story. (Plus they made it out like Hori was the masochist and not a sadist, while Miyamura seemed like neither.)
Oct 5, 2023 2:50 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Truck-kunArrives
LostSpectre said:
@Truck-kunArrives It's called comedy, if you find such themes distasteful, so be it, but that doesn't change their intended meaning in the story.

Sorry I don’t find domestic abuse funny… even if it is in a comedy
@Truck-kunArrives I clearly said it's fine if you don't, but don't twist the intended meaning inside of the show itself.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 5, 2023 5:41 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
ErogakiPatches said:
Truck-kunArrives said:

Please tell me the beating and bruises was a different manga or a troll post… because that would just ruin the story. I already thought the forced BDSM plot line was uncomfortable and felt bad for Miyamura.

Nope. Izumi has bruises on his face from Kyouko and she even tells him that he cannot get another piercing or tattoo, which is one of the few times her dad speaks up and tells her that she is being unreasonable. It is still made out to be that Kyouko is not exactly wrong, just that she should not be able to control Izumi's choices but she is not wrong for "worrying" about him.

The tattoo and piercings is eh, I mean it’s certainly not a good thing to be controlling, but that’s not near as concerning as the bruises. You don’t have to listen to the person regarding appearance is my point, but actual physical abuse… Was it an accident? Why didn’t the father step in then? I just can’t see how it would fit into the story with the tone of the anime. It seems like a totally different story. (Plus they made it out like Hori was the masochist and not a sadist, while Miyamura seemed like neither.)
@Truck-kunArrives Controlling people IS abusive, whether you think so or not. Furthermore, either believe what I say or.... go read the manga. Up to you, but not many fans of the series will say otherwise, except that it is not "abusive."

Hormiya has a dumb trope of "Oh my god, this girl beats me up and she is SOOOO cute" that plagues titles like Toradora, FMP, Horimiya, etc. It is a known trope, so believe what you want, but I will say this... The anime cuts out a lot of stuff that is deemed as... weird, or really undeeded side content. But, as I said, go read the manga yourself. You can find it online just by googling it or from your local library, probably.

Oct 5, 2023 10:02 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, I kinda stopped watching Pieces. It got too boring, even though I enjoyed the original series
Oct 6, 2023 4:23 AM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
Animillion said:
Ngl, I kinda stopped watching Pieces. It got too boring, even though I enjoyed the original series

It's side content that was done better in the manga, and even then you may get tired of especially towards the end. The manga had it in between major plot points where with the anime you have to do a lot of jumping around.
Oct 6, 2023 6:57 AM
Dec 2022
ErogakiPatches said:
@Truck-kunArrives Controlling people IS abusive, whether you think so or not. Furthermore, either believe what I say or.... go read the manga. Up to you, but not many fans of the series will say otherwise, except that it is not "abusive."

Hormiya has a dumb trope of "Oh my god, this girl beats me up and she is SOOOO cute" that plagues titles like Toradora, FMP, Horimiya, etc. It is a known trope, so believe what you want, but I will say this... The anime cuts out a lot of stuff that is deemed as... weird, or really undeeded side content. But, as I said, go read the manga yourself. You can find it online just by googling it or from your local library, probably.

Ah, sorry, I didn’t mean to come across that way, my wording must’ve been off. I do agree with you that being controlling is abusive. I meant it more like it depends on the situation if it comes across as abusive since it could be more of an opinion and the other person can just disregard it. Like saying you’re not a big fan of long hair much (if a person asks if they should grow their hair long) or you like them in a certain color shirt if that makes sense.
I believe you about the manga, I just wish it wasn’t true since the anime is so cute. What you said turns me off from reading the manga so I probably won’t read it (because I do believe you). Funny enough, I didn’t like Toradora either. Physical bruises is a whole other level of yikes, especially the face. If they cut out a lot of stuff because it was too much when I already thought her forcing the BDSM while he’s obviously uncomfortable with it, then that’s more yikes.
Oct 6, 2023 7:47 AM
Dec 2021
I agree with u. its mostly famous in the west. its not the best tho but definitely above average.
Oct 6, 2023 5:28 PM
Degenerate Queen

Jan 2022
ErogakiPatches said:

Ah, sorry, I didn’t mean to come across that way, my wording must’ve been off. I do agree with you that being controlling is abusive. I meant it more like it depends on the situation if it comes across as abusive since it could be more of an opinion and the other person can just disregard it. Like saying you’re not a big fan of long hair much (if a person asks if they should grow their hair long) or you like them in a certain color shirt if that makes sense.
I believe you about the manga, I just wish it wasn’t true since the anime is so cute. What you said turns me off from reading the manga so I probably won’t read it (because I do believe you). Funny enough, I didn’t like Toradora either. Physical bruises is a whole other level of yikes, especially the face. If they cut out a lot of stuff because it was too much when I already thought her forcing the BDSM while he’s obviously uncomfortable with it, then that’s more yikes.
@Truck-kunArrives I understand that, but in the manga, Kyouko's father tells her she is being unreasonable, when he had never spoken up about any of the stuff to do with her relationship.

I do not recommend the manga if you are not okay with those things. I am not incredibly OK with it (It does not bother me that much but still) and I still had problems when it came up in the manga. It's just one of those dumb tropes that are supposed to be "funny" but is not even close to it for many people, including me who had to deal with physical abuse before. It's not a laughing matter and it's not cute. The only reason manga and anime get away with it is because it's a girl doing it; flip it around and people would be PISSED if a man was beating up a woman and it was meant to be "funny."
Oct 8, 2023 11:54 AM
Jul 2023
horimiya the missing pieces is exactly what the name is, It's the missing pieces from the season one, the season one offers The story of how Miyamura and Hori got together but because it's adapted from a manga the season 1 would be too long if the entire manga was made into 1 season, To tell a conclusive story where there's no "WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NEXT SEASON" they had to cut some parts of the manga, so the missing pieces offers the lost parts of the manga that u didn't see in the anime, also alot of people just wanted to see more Hori + Miyamura shenanigans (Me) so I don't think they did anything that ruins the Horimiya name.
Oct 8, 2023 12:05 PM

Aug 2017
I agree. Horimiya Piece felt like such a filler. A comedic, slice of life mess of a show. It didn't feel impactful.
The OP song made it feel deep. I honestly thought the show would go in the direction that the OP song was going. But it turned out to be the biggest disappointment for me.
There were no running through the flower gardens, no hanging out at the beach, no firework festival in yukatas.
The show remained stagnant and repetitive in a high school setting with changing seasons. Sure there was the bookstore and what not. But I wanted more. I wanted to see different settings and events where the cast can just have fun and not at the school.

Oct 9, 2023 9:16 PM

Oct 2011
I thought I was the only one that thought this way. I enjoyed season 1 of Horimiya so I thought I would enjoy missing pieces too. (and yes I knew it wasn't a sequel before going into it)

Missing pieces was so incredibly boring to me that it was painful to get through. Some moments were hilarious but 80% of the "comedy" was god awful.
Dec 13, 2023 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
Reply to ktg
Because you probably watched it in the wrong order. You should follow this:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/guides/2023/9/26/how-to-watch-horimiya-in-chronological-order
@ktg the only right order, is the release order. Which is why people should read the manga before watching the show.
Dec 13, 2023 8:00 PM
May 2016
Reply to garretdejiko
@ktg the only right order, is the release order. Which is why people should read the manga before watching the show.
@garretdejiko If you need to read the source material before watching an adaptation, then the adaptation is bad and cannot be anything else.
The point of the adaptation is to deliver the same qualities (depends on the type show, it can be feelings, story, characters etc.) without knowing the source material.
Dec 19, 2023 8:03 AM
Oct 2019
I knew it, thank god i didn't watch that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2021

215 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 12, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

496 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 11, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

218 by iagolan »»
Jun 10, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2021

359 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2021

244 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 12:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.