Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]
May 25, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2023
couldn't ask for a more perfect ending
Jul 10, 2023 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
Man, what a really good and really nice manga. Oshino Meme I miss you already!!!! I hope you will be found soon lol and be safe always and wow Shinobu was always in Muraragi's shadow!
Jul 12, 2023 10:49 PM

Oct 2021
What a ride!! A Perfect Ending.. started this last year in 2022 and i regret not finishing it earlier. i have to admit though that some jokes went through my head because i think they couldn't be translated from japanese. otherwise Animation and Character design were top-notch. Ending song was great and Renai circulation op is a classic. It was good to see a character like Araragi who is around my age behaving like normal teenagers do that's why he is my favorite character now. 9/10
FiremaxJul 13, 2023 11:35 PM
Jul 23, 2023 6:38 PM

Mar 2019
despite my issues with this anime the last couple episodes were very fun. also i knew shinobu would show up but i didnt think it would be SO iconic of an entrance
Jul 28, 2023 4:08 AM
Jul 2023
BRILLIANT SHOW, 10/10!
Sep 12, 2023 9:13 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2012:

Nov 3, 2023 9:11 PM

Sep 2023
Shinobu beast mode engaged! That attack was phenomenal and also nice bandaid 😂

Wish mal would let us rate each individual episode and average the score for the overall score. I think the latter half of the season was much better. Here I come Kizu!

Btw notice the Nazi Svaztika flag in the end with the haunted theme? Boy I am not sure what the intention was with that...
Nov 14, 2023 3:18 AM

Jul 2021
this was pretty nice. a lot of effort was put into the anime and it showed. finally understood why bunny girl senpai was called bakemoogatari copy by haters. i mean yes there are similarities.

quite a nice ending, a happy one. araragi grew a lot. oshino's gone and araragi now has shinobu as his helper. finally got to see the nya sentence scene too, i've heard that audio numerous times, nice to see where it originated from. it was really nice to see black hanekawa's act of kindness in a way. she knew what she was doing, she helped araragi indirectly.

when hanekawa finds out that he knows, that would be quite something. wouldn't wanna miss that.

the subtle romantic plot was also quite nice. it was a bit weird and impressive to see just how much self-control hitagi and araragi had in the romance expect. they didn't do anything to let the other worry too much, always calm and composed especially hitagi. definitely waifu material. really liked her personality. i could tell she loves arargi way too much and is really scared of losing him and must be getting really worried but she never let it show or get to her. she believed and waited. happy for both of them.

idk if we'll ever get to see these same characters again. anyway, on to the next one. i need to watch 3 kizumonogatari movies according to the watch order i'm following.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 14, 2023 5:51 AM

Aug 2023
Story: 8/10
Visual: 8/10
Detailed: 9/10
Characters: 7/10
Emotions: 8/10
Smoothness: 8/10
OP/ED: -/10
Audio: 8/10
Originals: 10/10
Intense: 8/10
Uniqueness: 8/10
Fun/Laughter: 4/10
NSFW: 4/10
Boring: 4/10

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 25, 2023 6:49 AM
Oct 2023
Legal, senjougahara minha best girl of all animes
Nov 30, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Where is Oshino Meme already? He's gone literally
Dec 23, 2023 8:54 PM

Apr 2021
Another beautiful final episode. That fight was impressive, but he uses his own words.

I thought that little vampire would never do anything. It surprises me. 9/10
Jan 14, 2:59 PM
Oct 2021
Esse final é tudo por causa que a Hanekawa quer ficar com o Araragi e não tem coragem de falar... O será que o gato estava inventando... Bem, veremos no futuro, mas no geral, esse final foi ok
Jan 23, 5:06 AM
Mar 2023
nah que anime,tanto la hachikuji,como la hanecowga o la kanbaru todas muy buenos personajes,igualmente la senjougahara que esta tontita pero hay que cuidarla,y el araragi el unico groomer que respeto,de aqui ahora no se que parte de las 10.000 toca ver pero se que van a ser igual de buenas o mejores
Jan 31, 11:01 PM

Dec 2022
An epic conclusion to an epic series imho. There are obv some Japanese jokes that i don't understand or it's just the sub couldn't get translated from Japanese to English properly.
Animation wise was overall very good but not near perfect but it has a unique charm into it. The amount of "animation number." was albeit crazy cause i had to pause yeh.
All of the openings were bangers but my fav one def tied between Kaerimichi or Ren'ai Circulation and a perfect ending song. The MC i kinda rock yet not so but i actually rlly love him because of his whole persona is a vibe though XD

9/10 :D

Feb 8, 9:05 AM
Nov 2020
it was the whole package honestly, romance, drama, interesting backstory, character wrtiing, had a few weird happenings, but other than that 10/10
Mar 24, 10:07 PM

Mar 2023
well, this was certainly.... something. can't say i didn't enjoy it, though! it was a bit too freaky at some times, no, MOST of the time :/
Apr 8, 12:05 AM
Aug 2020
Was just good. Not much else to say
Apr 21, 6:15 AM
Oct 2018
One of the best animes ever
Jun 24, 8:53 PM

Dec 2021
I can tell why this series is so popular and beloved, the direction is very unique for it's times, and even now this is still one of the most unique direction I've seen from an anime.

Direction aside, animation also looks unique, I mean that little fight between Araragi and Tsubasa Cat was jawdropping. Highlight of the episode is definitely the revelation of Oshino leaving. Ngl, almost made me tear up. Lots of questions to be answered in this prequel movie or whatever's next in chorological order, mainly about Shinbou.

Great start to the Monogatari series. Can't wait to continue onto the movie.

Jul 5, 10:45 PM

Jul 2023
Finally, Araragi called for Shinobu

Jul 23, 10:19 AM

Jan 2018
Well, this was certainly a good season finale. The animation is simply insane. It was cool how when the sky became white Black Hanekawa's hair became black. The callback to episode 1 was great too. And so was all the reactions of Hanekawa...

I feel so bad about Hanekawa. She finally found something in her hellish life and it was just taken from her in the blink of an eye. I guess that should tell you to pursue what you want immediately instead of waiting for someone else to take it from you...

In the end, Hanekawa ultimately made way for Araragi to save himself with Shinobu by making him stand close to where he'd get a big enough shadow. I wonder if it was Black Hanekawa who did this or the real Hanekawa. Probably the latter.

I find it funny how Araragi went to the abandoned building with 3 other girls. If was a passerby and noticed a guy enter a place like that with so many girls I'd assume they were up to no good lol.

Interesting how some people in 2010 were saying Episode 12 should've been the finale. While I don't disagree that Episode 12 was a great episode and could make for a great season finale, I doubt the real season finale would work so well without that episode coming first. If they did make Episode 12 the last, they'd have to change the timelines. If not, they'd just have to do non-linear storytelling which I don't think would work as well in this part of the story as it does in the next parts.

Anyway, time to watch the next instalment I guess. I think I'll go with the anime release order this time.
Jul 26, 1:47 AM
Apr 2021
Masterpiece of an ending.
Aug 8, 11:45 AM
Jan 2021
After thinking about it for a day, I think the ending was not very good. The theme throughout was the person had to save themselves, but when MC was being attacked he just called for help and the ninja girl appeared out of the ground to save him. For one, that seems like a cop-out since he was rescued and didn't defeat the cat monster himself, and secondly, was it ever hinted earlier that she could live inside his shadow? I don't think it was. Maybe they covered it in one of the prequels, but I think those were made later. So for a final confrontation it was a let down because it disregarded the theme and nothing was solved. The glasses girl still, presumably, loves him and the cat will probably come back again since he didn't address her feelings.
PrawnGuardAug 10, 8:28 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]

More topics from this board

» Dub?

infinite_Shadows - Yesterday

21 by WaifuCognoscente »»
2 hours ago

» What to expect?! ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Sep 10

52 by Cielord »»
Sep 16, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 18, 2009

250 by Kazamafox »»
Sep 11, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 31, 2009

359 by slayer70 »»
Sep 8, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

515 by Helios_0413 »»
Sep 1, 9:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.