Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2023 7:09 AM
Jun 2021
In recent anime with better art quality, Anime Girls blush for no particular reason, like it may be exceptional to some female characters who blush all the time, but every Female characters blushing for normal conversations is kinda confusing. Blushing is done to denote various emotions(especially for female characters). One popular example being used to reinforce a female character's romantic feelings if the character ain't obvious(hinting their feelings to viewers,  but not even accepting her feelings even in her mind) about her romantic love for the male character. So I wanna know what could be the possible reasons for that female characters to blush(aside from feeling happiness, shyness, embarassment etc). Is it used to show the character more feminine?  If female character is shown to get attracted(romantically/sexually) to only male characters, why must they blush when a fellow female character(mostly their friend or acquaintance) comes near their face all of a sudden? Is it supposed to show sudden nervousness? 
Jun 18, 2023 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
It always had been annoying when it happened too often, especially in "romantic" situations that aren't exactly romantic. I know you crush on him, but he just said hello lol.
Jun 18, 2023 7:19 AM

May 2019
From what i've seen female characters also blush when they're drunk or sleepy. they also blush when they have repressed feelings about something or someone so they hide it.

The Vance sisters have the cutest blush.

tchitchouanJun 18, 2023 7:22 AM
Jun 18, 2023 7:22 AM

Jan 2020
tchitchouan said:
From what i've seen female characters also blush when they're drunk or sleepy. they also blush when they have repressed feelings about something or something or someone but they hide it.

What's the second image from?
tchitchouan said:
From what i've seen female characters also blush when they're drunk or sleepy. they also blush when they have repressed feelings about something or something or someone but they hide it.

Who's the character in the second image from ?
Jun 18, 2023 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
It looks good, so that's why they do it
Jun 18, 2023 7:25 AM
Jun 18, 2023 7:36 AM

Nov 2020
I found out it's annoying too, I wish there's different type of blushing when they feeling shyness, attracted romantic, etc.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 18, 2023 7:50 AM

Jun 2020
kingsley_017 said:
In recent anime with better art quality, Anime Girls blush for no particular reason, like it may be exceptional to some female characters who blush all the time, but every Female characters blushing for normal conversations is kinda confusing. Blushing is done to denote various emotions(especially for female characters). One popular example being used to reinforce a female character's romantic feelings if the character ain't obvious(hinting their feelings to viewers,  but not even accepting her feelings even in her mind) about her romantic love for the male character. So I wanna know what could be the possible reasons for that female characters to blush(aside from feeling happiness, shyness, embarassment etc). Is it used to show the character more feminine?  If female character is shown to get attracted(romantically/sexually) to only male characters, why must they blush when a fellow female character(mostly their friend or acquaintance) comes near their face all of a sudden? Is it supposed to show sudden nervousness? 

Yeah, sudden nervousness among other feelings ...people blush in non-romantic contexts too.. like, when the character is anxious or nervous or just feeling shy or flustered or overwhelmed.. It's not about femininity, females and males as well blush in non-romantic situations and I find it relatable and realistic, and it shows something about the character :)
silentviewJun 18, 2023 8:08 AM
Jun 18, 2023 8:05 AM

Feb 2020
I find blushing anime characters adorable. :3

Jun 18, 2023 8:13 AM

May 2019
Serafos said:
I find blushing anime characters adorable. :3

That's incredibly cute and adorable.

Jun 18, 2023 8:23 AM
Dec 2021
i find anime girls blushing hot. latin squares.
Jun 18, 2023 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not really for sure as it depends on the context. But maybe it makes them seem pleasant and approachable.
Jun 18, 2023 10:20 AM

Feb 2018
Beachside Blush

#whatdotheyhavealotofsandwehaveahotcetaceanband.com
Jun 18, 2023 11:06 AM

Jan 2021
Who said only anime girls could blush

Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Jun 18, 2023 11:21 AM

Apr 2020
the best kind of blushing is when their feet blush

ㅤ ᅠㅤ join the
ᅠHayasaka club =>

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jun 18, 2023 11:22 AM

Jul 2021
i mean they look the cutest when they are blushing so i don't see a problem.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 18, 2023 11:28 AM

May 2021
MasterTasuke said:
Beachside Blush

#whatdotheyhavealotofsandwehaveahotcetaceanband.com
Squid Girl is really cute.                                                  

Jun 18, 2023 11:28 AM
May 2015
Blushes for romantic situations are pretty.

Jun 18, 2023 12:37 PM

Jun 2023
Otakus are shut in weirdos that cant understand social ques, its visual representations of emotions is more palatable for them
Jun 18, 2023 12:50 PM

Apr 2023
KoreanQTPie said:

Thanks, i hate it.

but anyway er ... sauce?
Jun 19, 2023 8:35 AM

Feb 2018
VampireLord1024 said:

Amen to That

#weloveikachan.org
Jun 19, 2023 11:59 AM

May 2021
MasterTasuke said:
VampireLord1024 said:

Amen to That

#weloveikachan.org
That's a cool Squid Girl collectable.
Jun 19, 2023 12:46 PM

Nov 2018
kingsley_017 said:

I think this is more a romance and slice-of-life thing but it's not just female characters. I've seen a huge uptick in how often we see male characters blushing as well. For instance, look at Dangers in My Heart which is one of the more popular rom/coms this season. I think a character blushing or flushing is still intended to show the same sort of emotions or in some cases physical stress that it always has, but it's just getting used far more frequently than it used to be. Anime and other cartoons in general have always tended toward exaggerated expressions of emotion. Everything from the old-school Loony Toons wild takes to cartoon characters having overly large eyes has always been geared toward making it easier to convey their emotional state in a more emphasized and simple to parse manner. Blushing or flushing is just another layer of that.

To answer your question about what it means, it is extremely context dependant and it's good to remember that Japanese social norms are not the same as what you are used to. For instance, a Japanese person might not even be embarrassed about bathing in the nude with others, yet having some stranger address them informally with their first name might fluster them. Japanese tend to similarly be more sensitive about personal space and showing any form of intimacy in public so an acquaintance suddenly acting very informally and invading that personal space unexpectedly could embarrass or fluster somebody more than you would expect in the West. The example you brought up about a female character "only showing attraction toward males" yet she keeps blushing from normal friendly intimacy with other females may even indicate she isn't just into males. It's difficult to know without seeing the context.
Jun 20, 2023 5:21 AM

Feb 2018
VampireLord1024 said:

She's a custom; an AZONE Pure Neemo head, - with extra detail paintwork applied -
mated to the same sort of OBITSU 26 aftermarket doll body that my Konomi has;

- her original AZONE PN body shown, with stand-in head mounted -

MasterTasukeJun 20, 2023 5:28 AM
Jun 20, 2023 10:11 AM

May 2021
MasterTasuke said:
VampireLord1024 said:

She's a custom; an AZONE Pure Neemo head, - with extra detail paintwork applied -
mated to the same sort of OBITSU 26 aftermarket doll body that my Konomi has;

- her original AZONE PN body shown, with stand-in head mounted -

Oh, I'm not familiar with that stuff since I don't collect figures, but I guess it's cool she's a custom one.
Jun 21, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2020
OiantakuYT said:
KoreanQTPie said:

Thanks, i hate it.

but anyway er ... sauce?

here you go you crazy dude

love character limits

ㅤ ᅠㅤ join the
ᅠHayasaka club =>

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jun 22, 2023 3:00 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@tchitchouan I thought that was Nobitas mom but it's Tatsuhiko's teachers from nozoki Ana..
Isn't it?

Jun 22, 2023 3:01 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@tchitchouan oh so you replied... My bad didn't scroll down before commenting

Jun 22, 2023 3:01 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
@MasterTasuke one of my daughters in anime... Kawaiiii

Jun 22, 2023 3:02 PM

May 2019
ryo-san said:
@tchitchouan oh so you replied... My bad didn't scroll down before commenting

It's okay dude, happens to me all the time.

More topics from this board

» why are women being so unseen as audience ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ame - Oct 13

224 by sadoldman »»
11 minutes ago

» ☀️Summer 2024: Anime of the Season (AOTS) & Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

nirererin - Oct 9

125 by PurplePants »»
26 minutes ago

» Who has a personal waifu who isn't a popular or relevant character known by many?

fallout45 - Oct 15

22 by LostSpectre »»
46 minutes ago

» Do you read anime reviews and how much do you trust the information in them in general?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

42 by Quadruple_Oi »»
1 hour ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9463 by appledude1221 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.