Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 3 Discussion

I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in The Real World, Too (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 17, 2023 6:43 PM
Oct 2020
What a trash princess... risking her men just for a spoiled selfish wish... nice plot villainess but seriously slap the fuck out of her.
I'm impressed by how many villainous characters they've managed to put in a show LOL... tearing my hair out every episode hoping for the MC to finally awaken and stand up for himself... if it happens ever it will be glorious.
KraumApr 17, 2023 6:47 PM
Apr 17, 2023 6:56 PM

May 2010
Zaxphred said:
this anime is good but it puts a lot of emphasis on unraveled in the real world honestly i would like to see more fantasy of this qnime
peoples standards have really dropped rock bottom.
Apr 17, 2023 6:58 PM

Feb 2011
Stop being fat and you'll exceed at everything in life.

Loving the theme of this anime LMAO

if yuuya gets a spine or a grasp on his new found handsomeness and powers, he'd be a more enjoyable MC

Apr 17, 2023 7:07 PM

Oct 2018
Wow what kind of trashy Isekai is this,...dude casually gets into the models' world with ease. People want dreamy stuff I think. 
Apr 17, 2023 7:13 PM
Dec 2022
I figured the girl he saved was a princess, it's always some form of royalty. Yuuya shopping for new clothes was difficult for him for 2 reasons. One, since he instantly went form fat to skinny, it'd be hard to find clothes that would match his style, and two, since he became good-looking, everyone was just staring at him. It seemed nice he went with the offer of helping Miu with her photoshoot, until that scumbag ruined the mood! Trying to hit on Miu like that, I'm glad Yuuya stopped him. Men who don't treat women right aren't men at all! That was a classic way to get a girl to fall for you. Speaking of which, that princess reuniting with Yuuya and suddenly asking him to marry her was so out of the blue. This is getting interesting!!
Apr 17, 2023 7:23 PM
May 2017
Fun side quest episode, and the very end haha! What cliche nonsense

3.5/5

Apr 17, 2023 7:26 PM
May 2017
Scootboi said:
Stop being fat and you'll exceed at everything in life.
Hahaha so true, this show teaches the real life lessons
Apr 17, 2023 7:33 PM
Apr 2023
Being the generic isekai that it is, somehow this episode is better than the 2 which came before it and somehow started to make it more fun and makes me anticipate this anime weekly. It might just truly be the upgraded version of Shinka No Mi (this might be Miku's more fleshed out version of writing). I guess the half-isekai setting makes things more interesting that gives the plot an extra pinch of salt, so to speak.
Apr 17, 2023 8:24 PM
Mar 2021
What a lovely scene to Yuuya gain new experiences
Apr 17, 2023 8:33 PM
Oct 2010
Wow, this show really went from strength to strength!

Unfortunately its strengths are self-insert wish fulfillment cringe and a collection of all the trashekai tropes. I realize the underlying trauma that formed his timid personality and can appreciate that he didn't just magically get over it by looking in a (apparently non-existing in this world now that he broke the one at home?) mirror, but that's completely overwhelmed by all the swooning and fawning and everything falling magically into place for him.

Not that it doesn't have a redeeming moment here or there, but not enough to override the absolute need to skip the cringiest of the cringe scenes. So yeah, three and I'm OUTTA here.
Apr 17, 2023 8:37 PM
Apr 2021
I really like the animation but there were parts wereYuuya movements were like CGI. Also it looks like some agency is targeting Yuuya. Well he’s not going to accept but next episode will be a ruckus for Yuuya
Apr 17, 2023 8:44 PM
Feb 2021
I feel like some people are expecting too much from this anime. I won't say that there aren't good isekai but people don't watch isekai because of the amazing story and dynamic characters (unless that is why you watch isekai in which case you do you). I came from the light novel and I'm going to say this right now if you don't like the story right now you're probably going to have a tough time moving forward. The anime has done a great job with the story so far in my opinion and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the story unfold in a way that I couldn't while reading the light novel.
Apr 17, 2023 8:52 PM

Nov 2014
How many times are they going to re-use the same damn frame? My god
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 17, 2023 9:17 PM
May 2021
rizzing up the whole shopping center
Apr 17, 2023 9:31 PM

Jun 2020
mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Apr 17, 2023 9:37 PM
Apr 2018
wasnt there much this episode in terms of isekai. But was a good episode overall, i liked him exploring the real world and meeting more people experiencing new things. 
Also he can hold conversations, respect the people, understand how they work and recognize efforts. Slowly starting to improve himself which is nice to see. Miu was also somewhat allright as a character, also smitten by her knight in armor adding +1 to the harem. I was really not impressed by  the new girl in the isekai world, looks like a spoled princess, put her entire squad and men in danger just to meet him like what and then marriage proposal on top of that. like no 
Apr 17, 2023 9:39 PM

May 2013
I have never seen a show with such flagrant amounts of wish fulfillment, and I've seen my fair share of isekai, harem, ecchi, etc. type anime. It isn't necessarily the degree or extent of wish fulfilment in each each scene, but the sheer quantity of those types of scenes... EVERY SCENE is, or is building towards some sort of wish fulfilment, and cascades into more wish fulfillment scenes. That'd be fine if the production was better (cg fight scene last episode, constant tweening this episode, sloppy 2d sword swings animation at the end). or if the fight scenes were mind blowing, or the characters were well written, etc. ... but I guess I hit my limit on this one. 

I also just don't get what the purpose of this show is. Instead of developing upon his school characters, or isekai world characters, etc. it focused almost entirely on showing off just how damn handsome the MC is, and didn't really develop his character any more. I guess maybe the talent agency pursuing him could be a subplot moving forward, but it jsut seems entirely extra. It's also kind of absurd that the only things coming from this episode is 1)a subplot that is entirely based around hyping up the handsomeness and charm of the MC, and I suppose "meeting" the girl again in the other world in the last few seconds of the episode. 

I was hoping to enjoy this one, because the artists clearly have some talents, and I do like a decent fantasy or adventure or fight scene, but even the production seems like the artists have talent but were rushed and had to cut corners. 

Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it turns out to be a fantastic show, but for now imma drop this one.
Apr 17, 2023 10:23 PM

Apr 2015
Fashion shoots in my isekai anime? Now that's just cray-cray.
Apr 17, 2023 11:04 PM
Nov 2022
Too generic, now I have doubts to see how far Yuya's "good luck" goes xdddd

Everything goes well for the guy hahahaha

Now we just have to wait for the next episode ._.
Apr 18, 2023 12:46 AM

Apr 2021
Kaorin’s so cute! She really fits the role for Lexia

Apr 18, 2023 12:53 AM

Dec 2022
It felt like a filler episode
Apr 18, 2023 12:56 AM
Aug 2022
Hory shitto talk about wish fulfilment. This dude is Gary Stu on steroids, literally every plot point is meticulously designed and "skillfully" written to find a way to make every girl in the room want to wank him off. The hell did the author go through to write some hyper self insert shit like this?? LMAO
Apr 18, 2023 1:15 AM
Apr 2021
So many plots lol, the new school plot, the modeling plot, and the isekai plot. this man should not go outside and cause another subplot because of girls and people chasing him lol

I was ok with him to the new school he's going but they created another plot and now some dude is now looking for him to be contracted at their agency lol.
Apr 18, 2023 1:39 AM
Jan 2023
I think it was pretty good, however I felt as if I was watching lookism at some points of the episode
Apr 18, 2023 2:09 AM
Nov 2021
it's good to see our mc shining but I think that he should be more self confident.
I hope that this anime will have a harem ending.
Apr 18, 2023 2:19 AM
Feb 2022
Does anyone else also thinks that the title of the anime is not really accurate. We got like maybe 10 minutes of isekai here and everything else is a story of a fatso becoming handsome and popular.
Apr 18, 2023 3:19 AM

Jan 2017
Well, no matter how many girls are introduced, Kaori will always be the best. I mean, she's the only one who appreciated the MC when he's still a fat ass. These new girls will just probably spit on him if they saw his previous appearance.
Apr 18, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2023
This episode gave so much information that I'm eagerly waiting for the next one!!!!
Apr 18, 2023 3:54 AM

Oct 2016
Still can't believe this is the same author as Shinka no Mi, cause I am enjoying this one a lot. Just pure entertainment.

Yuuya's looks is what gets peoples attention, but ultimately, it's his personality that gets people to really love him. So don't be a douchebag like Mr. Blonde Model over there. 

I hope we see Miu again, she's so hot- I mean great. This show seriously pumping out top tier waifus though.

That evil laugh at the end was so comical though lmao. 
Apr 18, 2023 4:35 AM
Mar 2023
The first two episodes gave an impression of the most generic and basic isekai, self-insert, fan fiction, power fantasy, karma, ugly to handsome, zero-to-hero, miracle type of anime. But this episode is all about modelling and I don't even know its contribution to the whole story. It feels like a filler episode. But I'll give it a chance.
Apr 18, 2023 4:50 AM

Feb 2018
Yuuya did really well despite being an amateur lol, maybe his time in the other world also leveled up his natural rizz lmfaoo. He was lucky not to pop a big boi during that photoshoot too xD

I guess all the karma from being bullied and such is now returning where he's just being showered in good experiences lol. Really random confession at the end too, typical "isekai" moment lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 18, 2023 6:17 AM
Nov 2018
See, THIS is how you do an overpowered character. When he got those brand clothes as a reward for his work it felt totally natural.

And when he is awkward because of the attention from women, it is natural too. Not "Eeeeh?" and nosebleed.

Compare this to "Working for gods who go too far," which every decent being should drop and bury. He gets everything practically thrown at him. When two girls grab him and want to marry him, it's completely flat. He uses extreme magic that should have them astonished and wondering, but they're only cheerful. Here in Cheat Skill in Another World, the main character is stronger than all but he still fights with his sword and isn't a small kid, so even though he's overpowered it makes sense that they treat it in a natural way.
Apr 18, 2023 6:19 AM
Nov 2018
Morcombe1990 said:
glad they went back to cover the modelling stuff but not at the expense of the fantasy portion, they've just been tacked on at the end of the last 2 episodes. 
the first segment from the end of last episode is supposed to have a whole assassination set up, its the whole reason the princess and guards wound up in that forest in the first place.

hell most of this episode takes place before he even entered the new school, why are the switching the story around anyway, it doesn't need switching.
Spoiler, reported. No one wants to hear you show off about having read the manga.
Apr 18, 2023 6:43 AM
Apr 2021
I liked this episode it was very wholesome to see Yuuya try out modelling and get flustered by Miu and the part near the end where the director was teasing Miu about developing a crush on Yuuya was very funny to me LMAO

but since I see no one talking about it I gotta point this out but……….IS THAT FRIEZA’S VA AT THE END!?💀💀💀💀
Treyv0nApr 18, 2023 6:52 AM
Apr 18, 2023 7:07 AM
Dec 2022
Damn he's got a lot of rizz
Apr 18, 2023 7:12 AM

Feb 2008
My weekly guilty pleasure. How I wish I am Yuuya rn haha
Apr 18, 2023 7:40 AM
Oct 2020
idk but i love it, so i like it
Apr 18, 2023 7:53 AM
Apr 2022
I love the face of the character what studio is this? Each frame can be use wallpaper in my phone. And the VA all of them looks like amazing too.
Apr 18, 2023 8:12 AM
Dec 2019
I mean it was always going to be wish fulfillment, power fantasy whatever. but this episode's content just feels like filler, and ffs real life people don't make as much of a deal of a handsome/pretty person as anime likes to think. like maybe it's his stats at play but they're also simping for the other model guy/asshole. also he saved another girl from a potential rapist. what is this show's hardon for that. not only is Yuuya cast by matsuoka, which is not inherently an issue, but when the character has literal kirito energy and the same level of bs harem to boot? episode 1 really set this up to be more fun and self aware but it's taking itself wayy too seriously and look at that, suddenly by literally a cheat skill you get everything handed to you on a silver platter. the people of this world are incredibly shallow and uninteresting and the comedy genuinely lacking if it was supposed to be purely comedic. will drop for now, binge later as I'm not going to have myself be annoyed once a week by this.
Apr 18, 2023 8:23 AM
Aug 2020
This anime is way too good !
Apr 18, 2023 8:35 AM
May 2022
Why is a production level so high wasted on a story so bad? The writing is almost comically bad. In the first episode it feels like the author speedruns the bullied kid trope, and comically badly and unimaginatively so. Then the author chooses to use a way to make MC OP, that's only slightly more elaborate than just saying "He op now". After watching the first episode I originally wanted to give the author a pass on that one and see what amazing fantasy story would surely play out shortly after to rectify a production value that high. Now 2 episodes later there has been next to no fantasy stuff, no worldbuilding, no interesting character development, no introduction of any interesting characters (Instead we got the trashy "girl of the episode" harem formula) and the show refuses to do anything interesting with it' s premise at all. Is this some kind of elaborate prank on the audience? If there are any light novel readers in here, does this get good eventually?
Apr 18, 2023 8:36 AM

Jun 2015
eeeuuugh. this was cliché galore, the previous episodes were that as well but to a more tolerable extent. yeah bro, assaulting a popular model obviously makes you popular instead and there is always a flaming homo to save your back. straight people don't work fashion and stereotypical flamboyance is omnipresent with gays, you know. /s

the saving grace at this point is the curious idea of him living a life in both worlds, possibly colliding at some point. even if that isn't a very original idea either
mertsiApr 18, 2023 8:40 AM
uh oh!
Apr 18, 2023 8:47 AM

Nov 2013
Miu kawaii
the fight between directors to get mc as a model will be legendary lols

the princess almost got herself and her men all killed, but thankfully mc arrived in time

and there's the 1st marriage propose
princess also pretty cute
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 18, 2023 8:54 AM
Aug 2022
Another waifu comes in
Apr 18, 2023 8:56 AM

May 2021
they cut out some stuff (minor) but, the direction and in general, this ep, was quite decent. the main photographer reminded me of a JoJo character lmao, loved him. can't wait to see more of mommy miu, she's too cute.

looking forward to more of the isekai/fantasy stuff!!! this will be one of the most harem ever.
Apr 18, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
as if that wasn't enough being a BAD isekai version of lookism the protagonists have the same seiyuu, it's very ironic
Apr 18, 2023 11:15 AM
Nov 2022
Is this gonna turn into a harem?
Apr 18, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 2023
why doesn't the episodes come out on sundays?
Apr 18, 2023 12:39 PM
Feb 2021
I just fall in love with this anime.
Apr 18, 2023 2:01 PM

May 2015
Another good episode. Pretty much no isekai this episode but it was still a very nice chill episode. 

The princess is pretty and cute. The artstyle makes everyone look really nice. 

Hopefully we get a bit more with the main girls next episode. (Either the princess or rich girl) 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Genuine question: Who actually enjoyed this show? ( 1 2 )

KuyaC - Mar 26

72 by Dransyo »»
Aug 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2023

232 by bilge0209 »»
Jul 30, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

115 by Azuchi »»
Jul 14, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru: Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

242 by Azuchi »»
Jul 13, 8:44 AM

» It's so good

Zezul - Apr 24, 2023

10 by lawleagle »»
Jun 16, 10:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.