Forum Settings
Forums

Is there anyone else that doesn't watch a lot of anime from a recent season?

New
Mar 17, 2023 6:27 AM
Sep 2021
So I may have asked this question before I think, but I felt like asking it again somehow. I do have to say that I might be the only one who doesn't want to watch a lot of anime from a recent season. I only watch one or two anime that's airing now and that's it. The reason why is because I want to find some more interesting animes to watch. Currently airing animes feel like a distraction and I think it's better to watch them after they air. It's not that I think most of the anime airing now is bad or anything, I just think it's kinda lame to just watch only anime that's airing right now and trying to keep up to date with them. That explains why I don't watch a lot of the anime that airs in a recent season. Sometimes I may even miss several episodes, which is another reason why I can't keep up with everything that airs now. They may also get delayed permanently which is why I was scared to pick one anime from this season since it may take forever to return. Luckily enough, I manage to find one anime from this season and try to keep up with it as it airs and that was only near the end of the season since I felt worried about a permanent delay. Does anyone else feel the same as me? How many animes do you watch in one season? Is it like one, two, or maybe more than that? Is it better to watch recently airing anime or anime that's finished airing? Let me know down below why or why you don't watch a lot of anime that currently airs.
KanekiKen523Mar 17, 2023 6:33 AM
Mar 17, 2023 6:37 AM

Jan 2013
I used to hate seasonals, but then I realized if I have shows to watch every day I'm not agonizing over waiting for any one particular show.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 17, 2023 8:15 AM

May 2019
I only watch anime i'm i'm interested in, it doesn't matter if it's seasonal or not.
Mar 17, 2023 8:23 AM

Mar 2023
I binge watch most of the anime that i watch. So no seasonal for me.
Mar 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Dec 2022
I never watch anime on a seasonal basis. It's easier to just download completed series from nyaa. Makes it easier to keep up with too.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 17, 2023 9:50 AM
Dec 2021
There’s barely been anything good recently, so most of the series we plan to watch come from years ago.
Mar 17, 2023 10:09 AM

May 2018
I used to be more into it, and as much as I like to binge I don't really dislike the format of one episode a week, but nowadays the seasons are so dry of good stuff and filled with Isekai that is nearly impossible to enjoy the seasonals. In the end, I just end up picking one or two titles and that's it. Hopefully next season is coming to prove me completely wrong, it's looking quite promising. I'll be watching around 12 titles

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 17, 2023 10:27 AM

May 2019
I hardly find any interest in watching seasonal shows as this winter season I only watch one show lol. Binging longer shows or watching old shows are preferable these days since most seasonals suck anyway.

Mar 17, 2023 10:27 AM

Aug 2019
I used to watch a lot more seasonals, but as I have had less time to watch anime I have been more selective with what shows I watch since before it wasn’t a big deal wasting my time watching a mediocre show but now I’ve realized that is time I could’ve spent watching stuff I actually fully enjoy

so yeah I’ve slowly stopped watching a lot of the fantasy and isekai shows that air because frankly not a lot of them catch my attention
Mar 17, 2023 10:33 AM

Apr 2015
I haven't watched seasonal stuff for a while, doesn't help most are boring shounen or isekai.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 17, 2023 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
I was trying to watch Trigun, but I'm not a seasonal watcher
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Mar 17, 2023 10:45 AM

Sep 2010
I almost never watch currently airing anime and if I do I wait until they are almost finished to binge them and then watch the final episode on release day. With long running anime like One Piece I mostly pause for some months and then also binge some episodes in a row and then pause again.
Mar 17, 2023 10:49 AM

Feb 2020
I watch seasonal anime all the time. :o......
Mar 17, 2023 1:35 PM
Aug 2014
Most of the anime I watch is from the 2000s or earlier. I'll only really watch something current if it particularly interests me, which doesn't happen all that often, and even then I won't usually watch the new episodes as they come out. I don't really want to be caught up in the hype train of people getting excited for the next seasonal show and then hating it by the end of the season. I'd rather watch things nobody's talking about and stay away from all the yelling because "fandoms" can be kind of irritating.
Mar 17, 2023 1:47 PM

May 2018
There are decades of already aired anime. Also, anime's Golden Age ended in 00s, with post-2010 anime exponentionally degrading.
I couldn't care less about seasonals. 0 to 3 per season is my threshold. 

Mar 17, 2023 1:58 PM
Apr 2021
Nemo_Niemand said:
There are decades of already aired anime. Also, anime's Golden Age ended in 00s, with post-2010 anime exponentionally degrading.
ended in 00s??? that's crazy, 2010-2020 anime are all in a better resolution, quality and overall screen stuff, there are so many anime that are really good, i will tell you my top 3 shounen/anime:
1. aot
2. hxh
3. black Clover
still i respect your opinion
Mar 17, 2023 2:04 PM

May 2018
pataggouro said:
Nemo_Niemand said:
ended in 00s??? that's crazy, 2010-2020 anime are all in a better resolution, quality and overall screen stuff, there are so many anime that are really good, i will tell you my top 3 shounen/anime:
1. aot
2. hxh
3. black Clover
Still, good anime is not as abundant as it was before. Also, quality and resolution are nothing if there is no soul.
But yes, it is not done for yet. I can still give 9s and even 10s to 2020+ shows sometimes.
Nemo_NiemandMar 17, 2023 2:19 PM

Mar 17, 2023 2:42 PM
Apr 2021
Nemo_Niemand said:
pataggouro said:
1. aot
2. hxh
3. black Clover
Still, good anime is not as abundant as it was before. Also, quality and resolution are nothing if there is no soul.
But yes, it is not done for yet. I can still give 9s and even 10s to 2020+ shows sometimes.
👍 that's the way to go! have a nice day!
Mar 17, 2023 2:54 PM
Mar 2023
KanekiKen523 said:
So I may have asked this question before I think, but I felt like asking it again somehow. I do have to say that I might be the only one who doesn't want to watch a lot of anime from a recent season. I only watch one or two anime that's airing now and that's it. The reason why is because I want to find some more interesting animes to watch. Currently airing animes feel like a distraction and I think it's better to watch them after they air. It's not that I think most of the anime airing now is bad or anything, I just think it's kinda lame to just watch only anime that's airing right now and trying to keep up to date with them. That explains why I don't watch a lot of the anime that airs in a recent season. Sometimes I may even miss several episodes, which is another reason why I can't keep up with everything that airs now. They may also get delayed permanently which is why I was scared to pick one anime from this season since it may take forever to return. Luckily enough, I manage to find one anime from this season and try to keep up with it as it airs and that was only near the end of the season since I felt worried about a permanent delay. Does anyone else feel the same as me? How many animes do you watch in one season? Is it like one, two, or maybe more than that? Is it better to watch recently airing anime or anime that's finished airing? Let me know down below why or why you don't watch a lot of anime that currently airs.

I watch them after they air. Watching them as they air is such a chore man. Shit feels like a job.
Mar 17, 2023 3:03 PM
Dec 2022
I just watch what interests me, doesn't matter if seasonal or not. I watch either. Seasonals are nice because there's a new episode every week (most of the time at least) and non seasonals are great because they already have a finished season to just watch fully, or ecen a completed story.
Mar 17, 2023 3:05 PM
Dec 2022
K7N6 said:
KanekiKen523 said:

I watch them after they air. Watching them as they air is such a chore man. Shit feels like a job.
To me it feels like quite the opposite actually..
If I miss an episode because of something I can just watch it another day etc. 
To me, having a completed season in front of my eyes feels more like a job.. like I should finish it in one sitting..
Mar 18, 2023 4:14 AM
Sep 2021

GreyStoneFlinger said:
There’s barely been anything good recently, so most of the series we plan to watch come from years ago.
Barely anything good? The fuck? Tomo Chan Is A Girl is actually the best one I've seen from this season. The fuck you're talking about? People need to stop fussing over all the isekais that air and look deeper. I'm so sick of people acting like isekais are a disease that's killing the industry. Fuck them.
KanekiKen523Mar 18, 2023 4:17 AM
Mar 18, 2023 4:17 AM
Sep 2021
VivaceRex said:
I hardly find any interest in watching seasonal shows as this winter season I only watch one show lol. Binging longer shows or watching old shows are preferable these days since most seasonals suck anyway.
I disagree with most seasonals suck. There's are plenty of anime that airs and you should look deeper to find the best one. I think deciding what's the best and worst season of anime sounds dumb and stupid and I think it's better to decide what interests you. 
Mar 18, 2023 4:37 AM
Mar 2017
KanekiKen523 said:
for me it's not exactly about recent Anime, it's Anime in general. long gone the days i watched Anime non stop. i pick up barely 1 or 2 new Anime per season, either an Anime of that season or something older.  when it comes to new seasons- i pick either the 1 or 2 Anime that are the obvious most anticipated titles, or ones that i specifically looked forward too because i read the Manga. 

More topics from this board

» How do you behave in front of a cute girl ( 1 2 )

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

54 by SgtBateMan »»
1 minute ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Jun 14

29 by SgtBateMan »»
2 minutes ago

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - Jun 12

33 by SgtBateMan »»
5 minutes ago

» Which character deserves a boycott?

SgtBateMan - Today

13 by SgtBateMan »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch? ( 1 2 )

coolyfruity - Jun 15

50 by xqXpx »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.