Forum Settings
Forums

Other than Marineford, what other arcs were never really as good as some people say?

New
Feb 14, 2023 2:44 AM
Feb 2023
About Marineford arc...

I think it was fine, but, IMO, it really sucked that it was only with Luffy, without other SHs.

There were several interesting characters (Whitebeard, and Akainu being the best ones), but for most of them, I just really didn't care, tbh, and fights themselves were rather short, and not really memorable.

I mean, it was a fine arc for what it was, but not nearly as great as the ones that included all SHs.
Feb 14, 2023 3:41 AM

May 2018
"what other arcs were never really as good as some people say?"

Arlong Park and Arabasta...
Feb 14, 2023 4:14 AM

Jan 2020
''what other arcs were never really as good as some people say" 
alabasta arc 
thriller bark arc
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Feb 14, 2023 4:30 AM

Mar 2021
"What other arcs were never really as good as some people say?"

Thriller Bark arc and Punk Hazard arc
I love long running anime + ecchi manga + potatoes = gimme some
Feb 14, 2023 4:47 AM

Aug 2012
Skypiea and Arlong Park Arc's. The Arlong Park arc was only passable while I disliked the Skypiea arc completely (though I quite liked the G8 filler arc that came after Skypiea).
Feb 14, 2023 5:00 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
is this thread only about one piece? if yes, then i will go with dressrosa. too long, too much time wasted on fodder characters.
Feb 14, 2023 5:05 AM
Feb 2023
Unspoiler said:
is this thread only about one piece? if yes, then i will go with dressrosa. too long, too much time wasted on fodder characters.
No, you can include other anime as well.
Feb 14, 2023 5:22 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Utopipi said:
Unspoiler said:
No, you can include other anime as well.

Soul Society : that shit is so  bad i can't believe. it feels like the writer has no idea how to write a decent coherent story. everything was out of place, characters pulling asspulls after asspulls, no proper conclusion to characters. some of the worst arc i have seen. i can't think of people liking that shit.

The Return to Shiganshina : rts is not as bad as soul society but i don't understand its hype. it's mediocre at best for me.
Feb 14, 2023 5:24 AM

Feb 2020
I'm gonna go with the Chimera Ant Arc I will never understood why everyone says this arc is the greatest. The narrator alone makes it hard to watch. The Arc is way too long and it only has on egood fight. If Meruem wasn't in that arc it would be leagues worth he carried that arc and it still didn't amount to much.
Feb 14, 2023 5:44 AM

Nov 2011
I remember that the best arc of One Piece is still Enies Lobby.
Anything with Robin are the best part of One Piece. One Piece's dumb and repetitive fights are boring, but at least the world building is great. And Robin is the center of that plotline.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Oct 2010
the only decent arc in op is arlong park, the rest are I can't even describe them, just random useless battles and shit that makes no sense
Feb 14, 2023 6:12 AM
Oct 2019
Wano. It dragged way too long and had too many things on its plate that it never juggled properly.
Feb 14, 2023 7:52 AM

Feb 2016
Namek
Dark Tournament
Chimera Ant
Gundam Zeta
Battle Royal (from Index)
Owarimonogatari
After Story
Refrain

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.
その目だれの目?
Feb 14, 2023 10:24 AM

Aug 2022
I was spoiled on Marineford beforehand so I didn't understand the hype because of it. I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more if the fanbase wasn't so damn stupid. Most of the time getting spoiled on an anime is my own fault, but how was I supposed to prepare for a random instagram reel, the first second of which showed

Anyways, a lot of arcs in anime have left me disappointed. Like chimera ant arc, pain arc, whatever tf SAO's second arc of the first season is called, etc. 
Feb 14, 2023 2:43 PM

Sep 2020
liEbeRTJoHAn21 said:
''what other arcs were never really as good as some people say" 
alabasta arc 
thriller bark arc
nah ain't no way. Thriller bark is a very under-appreciated arc among the One piece fandom.

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Feb 14, 2023 6:09 PM

Dec 2016
Hunter x Hunter's Chimera Ants, One Piece's Skypiea and Dragon Ball Super's Tournament of Power arcs.
Feb 14, 2023 6:25 PM

Oct 2013
As one piece hater, i actually enjoy the whole amazon lily-impel down-marine ford-grey terminal arc because i finally don't have to see zoro fighting another swordman or seeing sanji take another random L.

In other hand, arlong park sucks ass. It just the same formula as baratie and drum island arc, visit new location>befriend locals>big bad appears>recruit local.
Feb 14, 2023 7:47 PM

Jan 2022
I agree with Marineford, I just expect the anime to make me understand the whole action bit I didn't understand (as is common from manga).

Spoiler for the series in parenthesis. Gonna only include arcs from series which I 'like' enough as is.

Arlong park (OP)
Whole cake (OP) I know it isn't as appreciated as some other arcs, but I felt it was as weak as fishman island, if not more.
Farewell Sinsengumi (Gintama) Following the Shogun assasination arc, it felt very similar, but weaker. Part of it being that I didn't really care for the mimawarigumi (or whatever it's called), as they were added pretty late to the story (all things considered), and stuff.
Yorknew (HxH) Like, it's really good, but I liked greed island just as much. I don't really care too much for the phatom troupe as a whole.
Last arc (Rurouni Kenshin) Maybe it's because I read it more than a year (up to 3, I think) after I finished the show. Just didn't love the vilain.
Movie (Demon slayer) The whole thing with the Lower 1 was very bland.
Movie (NGNL) No games, a completely different atmosphere..
The castle invasion by the undying guy (King's ranking) Just bad. Like, it's not that applauded, but I found it straight up bad.
War of the underworld (SAO) I really dislike this part compared to Alicization.
Meeting of the demon lords (Slime) Just not as good as it was hyped up to be IMO. It was fine.
Zombie arc (Yu-Gi-Oh GX) As it's after the slow start, I assume it's liked. I felt it was the weakest part of GX.
Feb 14, 2023 7:58 PM

Feb 2016
Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
Yorknew (HxH) Like, it's really good, but I liked greed island just as much. I don't really care too much for the phatom troupe as a whole.
Personally I think Greed Island is underrated. I still like Yorknew best, but Greed Island isn't any worse than other arcs like hunter exam and the tournament.

Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
Zombie arc (Yu-Gi-Oh GX) As it's after the slow start, I assume it's liked. I felt it was the weakest part of GX.
Could you be more specific? I don't understand exactly which episodes you're referring to. I feel the episodes with the Supreme King are the worst.
その目だれの目?
Feb 14, 2023 8:26 PM

Jan 2022
Lucifrost said:
Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
Personally I think Greed Island is underrated. I still like Yorknew best, but Greed Island isn't any worse than other arcs like hunter exam and the tournament.

Bidoof_PMD-EOS said:
Could you be more specific? I don't understand exactly which episodes you're referring to. I feel the episodes with the Supreme King are the worst.
I'd agree with you on Greed Island. I understand it has a weak (character speaking) vilain, but the rest is solid.

For YGO, I mean the first warp in the alternate dimension, so before the Supreme King. The part where Bonapart's son or nephew was amassing the pieces of Exodia (had his lizard hand), and Gecko dueled him. It's just a lot of nothing but zombies (for the regular students) for quite a few episodes, and it was bland. I think that was the part where it was resolved by the duel between Jesse and Zayn.
I would say that Supreme King isn't as good as the finale (everything after they come back), or the Chazz/Manjoume mini-arc, or the start of the Jesse/Axel/Adrien/Viper/Jim arc (where they're on earth), and maybe worst than the society of light (it dragged a bit). I forget most of the first batch of episodes, but they were fine. So, probably second/third worst for me.
Feb 14, 2023 9:20 PM
Oct 2019
Bleach's Soul Society arc. I've seen a lot of people say that it's the peak of the series, but that couldn't be further from the truth imo. Personally, I think it's the weakest arc in the series (which is fine, since it's the first big arc).

I genuinely think the only reason people like it as much as they do is because they're illiterate and tasteless Ichiruki shippers who think the series fell off once Kubo started pushing Orihime as the series' main love interest (which she was always going to be)

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 8 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

98 by Avicebrons »»
6 minutes ago

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - Jun 9

30 by DarkShame2 »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 6 hours ago

34 by Kitsune_089 »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic autumn feeling?

heyaheya - 4 hours ago

9 by Mayahuel »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.