Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 30, 2022 4:24 PM
Feb 2021
Even in Wano, while the art style has improved, the animation quality is still absolute dogshit, save for the “big moments”. Why do we let this stand? One piece is borderline PowerPoint at this point and I get it’s a weekly series but it’s becoming laughably bad, especially since they’re cheating out on the highest stakes arc and the conclusion of the last 10 years of one piece.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 30, 2022 4:33 PM

Sep 2020
Idk man. Animation has never been my priority, especially when it comes to One piece. I will admit that it is a bit too colorful for my liking.

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Dec 30, 2022 4:39 PM
Dec 2020
making an episode a week with few breaks
Dec 30, 2022 4:47 PM
Jul 2020
The animation is pretty incredible, it’s currently one of the best looking long-running shows ever. It still has mediocre outsourced episodes for less important stuff, but those can often get carried by strong direction, and the art style is still really appealing. Overall the consistency is incredibly high, better than most seasonal shows - and the peaks are absolutely unbelievable.
Dec 30, 2022 4:47 PM
Jun 2021
idk man, looks fine to me, you're just picky
Dec 30, 2022 4:56 PM
Apr 2022
HeavenDrill said:
Even in Wano, while the art style has improved, the animation quality is still absolute dogshit, save for the “big moments”. Why do we let this stand? One piece is borderline PowerPoint at this point and I get it’s a weekly series but it’s becoming laughably bad, especially since they’re cheating out on the highest stakes arc and the conclusion of the last 10 years of one piece.

It’s ok one piece deserves it. It’s a super mid show and therefore it deserves animation befitting of such
Dec 30, 2022 4:58 PM
Jan 2021
Even when you say “why do we allow it” wtf are are we gonna do call up toei and be like “hey fix the animation pls and thx”? 💀💀
Dec 30, 2022 4:59 PM
Apr 2021
Bros complaining about wano animation 💀. It’s been nothing but amazing the whole arc and is even better in the past 20 episodes
Dec 30, 2022 5:08 PM
Aug 2021
Rimusimp said:
HeavenDrill said:

It’s ok one piece deserves it. It’s a super mid show and therefore it deserves animation befitting of such

Let me guess then. One Piece is mid, slime anime is peak?
That's interesting.
Dec 30, 2022 5:10 PM

Nov 2021
I mean, why not? E.g - ep 1015 and 1017.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Dec 30, 2022 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
HeavenDrill said:

okayish animation...
Dec 30, 2022 5:22 PM
Apr 2022
Somwhtrational said:
Rimusimp said:

That's interesting.

Nah it’s not even top 5 for me. I like it a lot though unlike one piece which is full of unskippable filler a “slow burn” story and annoying characters
Dec 30, 2022 5:33 PM
Aug 2021
Rimusimp said:
Somwhtrational said:

That's interesting.

Nah it’s not even top 5 for me. I like it a lot though unlike one piece which is full of unskippable filler a “slow burn” story and annoying characters

I guess one piece is just not the anime for you then, and that's fine too.
Dec 30, 2022 5:33 PM

Apr 2022
Rimusimp said:
Somwhtrational said:

That's interesting.

someone who gives demon slayer a 9 has no right to complain about annoying characters. and you've watched 35 episodes, where's the filler? do you even know what a 'slow burner' is?

too many retarded claims in one post.
Dec 30, 2022 5:43 PM
Apr 2022
ryzxgum said:
Rimusimp said:

someone who gives demon slayer a 9 has no right to complain about annoying characters. and you've watched 35 episodes, where's the filler? do you even know what a 'slow burner' is?

I’ve watched 80+ episodes I just haven’t update my mal. If you say I need to watch more to truly enjoy it then it’s mid and there is no point in watching any more. Atleast demon slayer had hype action even if the quiet moments sucked the action more then made up for it
Dec 30, 2022 5:44 PM
Apr 2022
Somwhtrational said:
Rimusimp said:

I guess one piece is just not the anime for you then, and that's fine too.

Its not and tbh when I made the first post I was just pissed at some dumbass one piece fan I was talking to earlier 😅
Dec 30, 2022 6:01 PM

Apr 2022
Rimusimp said:
ryzxgum said:

I’ve watched 80+ episodes I just haven’t update my mal. If you say I need to watch more to truly enjoy it then it’s mid and there is no point in watching any more. Atleast demon slayer had hype action even if the quiet moments sucked the action more then made up for it

even then, only 9 fillers in the first 100 episodes and you talk about unskippable filler. this ain't naruto or bleach. if you wanna critique it, atleast don't be a degenerate about it and actually make some valid claims.

and demon slayer didn't get good until episode 19 which over half the season, so idk why you're still talking.
Dec 30, 2022 6:09 PM
Nov 2020
the animation's good tho...and as for "why do we allow it!"...really bro?! who are we, toei studio's director or something??
Dec 30, 2022 6:46 PM
Dec 2021
HeavenDrill said:

Welp, it's your opinion then, blame Toei if you felt like it
Dec 30, 2022 6:48 PM
Mar 2021
HeavenDrill said:

Too bad Naruto never had that problem 😂😂😂
Dec 30, 2022 7:00 PM
May 2022
Cut them some slack I'm pretty sure there was a news article about like 30 deaths coming from the animation industry in Japan due to overworking.
Dec 30, 2022 7:14 PM
Sep 2021
Rimusimp said:
HeavenDrill said:

still Best out of the big 3, I don't think you've even watched one piece
Dec 30, 2022 7:16 PM
Oct 2020
Low effort bait that will still attract the masses.
Dec 30, 2022 7:17 PM
Jan 2017
What do you want us to do about it?
Dec 30, 2022 7:30 PM

Aug 2019
Toei doesn't care about the fans and only care about money, so they'll keep doing the bare minimum outside of a few important episodes every two months or so. There's not much we can do even if we complain about it because I doubt they listen to fan feedback.
Dec 30, 2022 7:44 PM
Apr 2022
javv123 said:
Rimusimp said:

I agree it’s the best out of the big 3 but that’s only cuz Naruto and bleach were ass and not just mid
Dec 30, 2022 8:03 PM
Jan 2020
Never focused on animation that much. As long as the story and characters are good, then that's all I need.

Currently catching up with One Piece and the animation is fine, I think it suits the show well especially considering the time it was made in and that's a weekly.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Dec 30, 2022 8:25 PM
Dec 2022
Rimusimp said:
HeavenDrill said:

hahaha u never watched it
Dec 30, 2022 8:31 PM
Jul 2021
What tf are we supposed to do about it💀💀💀
Dec 30, 2022 8:33 PM
Jul 2021
Somwhtrational said:
Rimusimp said:

That's interesting.

I saw the pfp an immediately disregarded their comment. I can't take anyone who watches isekais seriously
Dec 30, 2022 9:36 PM

Jan 2020
The animation is fine to me as long as it’s not laughably bad (like to the extent of 2016 Berserk and Kingdom Season 1).

The anime has far bigger fundamental issues (ahem Pacing) than Animation.
Dec 30, 2022 11:37 PM
Jun 2021
Just read the manga if you don't like it
Dec 31, 2022 1:28 AM
Dec 2019
HeavenDrill said:

For the same reason we allow anyone to make a MAL account, idk you tell me why we allow it lmao
Dec 31, 2022 3:13 AM
Jun 2020
if u think this animation is bad I doubt u watched ANY of the other arcs.
Dec 31, 2022 3:15 AM
Think whatever you want about the story, but the animation in Wano is incredible. 
Dec 31, 2022 3:49 AM
Sep 2022
Rimusimp said:
HeavenDrill said:

Man stfu🤣🤣
Dec 31, 2022 4:13 AM

May 2021
"we allow" Haha lol, the inflation is real.

Dec 31, 2022 6:59 AM

May 2020
"Why do we allow it" what do you want us to do about it? lmao
Dec 31, 2022 9:56 AM
May 2021
why everyone is saying the new animation is movie level this guy complaining about why the animation is too good
Dec 31, 2022 12:05 PM

Apr 2021
I feel it's gotten better so I'm okay with how it looks. I'm just happy it doesn't look like Berserk 2016.
Dec 31, 2022 5:44 PM
Oct 2021
The animation is pretty incredible, it’s currently one of the best looking long-running shows ever. It still has mediocre outsourced episodes for less important stuff, but those can often get carried by strong direction, and the art style is still really appealing. Overall the consistency is incredibly high, better than most seasonal shows - and the peaks are absolutely unbelievable.
Dec 31, 2022 11:04 PM
Aug 2022
It's not like u can draw better...
cut oda some slack mann... not everyone is good at everything
Jan 1, 2023 12:57 AM

Feb 2019
HeavenDrill said:

It's time to prove every single claim of yours wrong

[my post is unfinished, I'm coming with total proof about why you're wrong]
Jan 1, 2023 1:04 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I don't know, this isn't Toei Quality Control or Customer Service, you're asking on the wrong place.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 1, 2023 2:21 AM
May 2019
You ask this like we can do something about it. What are we supposed to do? Call Mr. Toei and tell him to make the animation better or pay his animators more? I'd love to do that, but I don't think it's in the cards.
Jan 1, 2023 4:31 AM
Jan 2021
wdym by "why do we let this stand"? Getting weekly episodes with decent animation or getting just 12 f*ing episodes per year with top quality animation, what do you think majority is gonna choose? And please enlighten me where exactly was the PowerPoint animation you saw in the anime. I bet I can point out worse animations out there with decent amount of fans even with that.
_extra7_Jan 1, 2023 10:12 AM
Jan 1, 2023 4:42 AM
Feb 2021
Rimusimp said:
Somwhtrational said:

That's interesting.

Then why you even here dawg
Jan 1, 2023 4:43 AM
Feb 2021
ryzxgum said:
Rimusimp said:

Based and truth pilled
Jan 1, 2023 4:45 AM
Feb 2021
Early_Morning said:
Toei doesn't care about the fans and only care about money, so they'll keep doing the bare minimum outside of a few important episodes every two months or so. There's not much we can do even if we complain about it because I doubt they listen to fan feedback.

I mean, if we stop giving them money….
Jan 1, 2023 10:27 AM
Jan 2021
Rimusimp said:
javv123 said:

I agree it’s the best out of the big 3 but that’s only cuz Naruto and bleach were ass and not just mid

Lmao dude seriously big 3 are called the big 3 not just because they have too many episodes. Reincarnated as a slime and the Big 3 have completely different source material so comparison between them about filler episodes are complete nonsense. About the filler talk, they too are necessary to run a shounen show. Fillers are unavoidable in a weekly running show to maintain a slight distance from its source material which is not a problem for seasonal anime. There are some instances where the anime almost catches up to the manga which happened most recently in Black clover if I remember correctly. Seasonal anime literally drop just 12 or 24 episodes a year and vanish out of existence for another 2-3 years. If I remember correctly Reincarnated as a slime is a completed story while One piece has a still ongoing manga so Slime anime doesn't even need fillers to begin with.

More importantly One piece has reduced it's amount of filler episodes after the timeskip(ep- around 550s) by a large amount by slowing down its story progression.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 463 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Aug 21, 2010

120 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 462 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Aug 14, 2010

90 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 460 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Jul 31, 2010

103 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 459 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

greenmush - Jul 18, 2010

139 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 454 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - Jun 5, 2010

119 by Hesmiyu »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.