Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 26, 2022 1:48 PM
Mar 2022
So today I thought it would be nice to just take a moment, sit back and appreciate and acknowledge how big this show in my life is. And then i thought it would be really nice to just start a nice, laid back, positive topic and share our amazing experience with One Piece.

I started watching OP when was just a small kid. I remember being bored and just happened to come across it by accident. You could say it was my first anime (or second, I was also watching DB but my memory gets a little hazy as to wich came first) and it has been with me all my life. Anyhow I started watching it somewhere along the Orange town arc and I immediately knew that it was going to be a really interesting show. Although I didn't get really hooked untill the Skypiea arc. The first time I saw the sky island, I was smitten. Just sat there with an opened mouth and thought to myself: "Now this is some next level sh*t!".

It's a really long time since then, but I still think that One Piece is one of the best titles in the whole anime genre. You won't find a story so grand, world building so detailed, a journey so epic anywhere. For me, it's the anime/manga equivalent of LOTR.

And what was your magical moment you fell in love with One Piece?
Nov 26, 2022 2:15 PM
Jul 2021
Wofivanhoe said:
So today I thought it would be nice to just take a moment, sit back and appreciate and acknowledge how big this show in my life is. And then i thought it would be really nice to just start a nice, laid back, positive topic and share our amazing experience with One Piece.

I started watching OP when was just a small kid. I remember being bored and just happened to come across it by accident. You could say it was my first anime (or second, I was also watching DB but my memory gets a little hazy as to wich came first) and it has been with me all my life. Anyhow I started watching it somewhere along the Orange town arc and I immediately knew that it was going to be a really interesting show. Although I didn't get really hooked untill the Skypiea arc. The first time I saw the sky island, I was smitten. Just sat there with an opened mouth and thought to myself: "Now this is some next level sh*t!".

It's a really long time since then, but I still think that One Piece is one of the best titles in the whole anime genre. You won't find a story so grand, world building so detailed, a journey so epic anywhere. For me, it's the anime/manga equivalent of LOTR.

Damn you've been watching it since the beginning, lucky. I fell in love right at episode 24 when Zoro fought Mihawk
Nov 26, 2022 2:35 PM
Apr 2018
i started watching it during summer break had nothing to do and i got hooked straight away binged the entire thing, when i started watching there was around 470 episodes around the end of marineford i believe.
Nov 26, 2022 2:44 PM
Oct 2017
my amazing experience with one piece was 7 episodes then dropped cuz of how boring it was
Nov 26, 2022 3:37 PM
Aug 2020
I watched it about two years ago and thought it was pretty good. I had to drop it and read the manga instead because the pacing was so egregious. I never really fell in love with it, I just think it’s pretty good
Nov 26, 2022 4:02 PM
Oct 2022
fell in love ep 1 and have been bingeing the whole show sense
Nov 26, 2022 5:08 PM
Aug 2022
For me it was when Luffy gave his hat to Nami. The series up to that point was becoming pretty hit or miss for me, but stuff like Mihawk and Shanks kept me going. Then that moment happened and my mind exploded. And now, 9 months later, I’m on episode 956 prepping for the raid on Onigashima.
Nov 26, 2022 5:22 PM

Nov 2016
Watching it since my childhood too and liked it from the very beginning. Over time it has become plain as day that no other series could ever hope to match the emotional connection which was formed over so many episodes and countless memorable moments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2022 5:30 PM
Apr 2018
Wofivanhoe said:

Got invested? Zoro vs. Mihawk or Luffy giving his hat to Nami.

Fell in love? Episodes 235/236, geniunely some of the greatest anime television ever.
Nov 26, 2022 5:37 PM
Apr 2021
Started watching One Piece at the end of January last year, I liked it pretty much from the start but I didn't know what all the hype was about. It was only when Water 7 came along that this show delved its hooks into me and made me really appreciate how awesome One Piece is.
Nov 27, 2022 5:55 PM
Mar 2022
Wofivanhoe said:

Great and here i am an idiot, who got addicted to one piece, right from the second or third episode ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ. when zoro joined the crew.

i was forced by my little brother to watch ot during pandamic era. And got addicted to anime as a result. I believe that was my 2 or 3rd anime.

I used to watch 10 to 15 episodes daily ๐Ÿ˜ช that time. And now here i am begging for next episode from god.
Nov 27, 2022 7:03 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Amen brother. It's a massive part of most of our lives I assume.
Nov 27, 2022 8:36 PM

Sep 2020
I started watching One piece at 13 years of age. Contrary to most people, I started off with the manga in my boarding school. I read up to the end of the Water seven/Enies lobby arc. And then I moved to the U.S. which meant that anime was more accessible. So I started watching from the thriller bark arc, caught up like one or two years ago, and watched all the previous arcs before thriller bark.

People always ask, how can you watch so many episodes? or it's too long, etc. If you love something, you grew up with it and you're passionate about it, then ofc you're going to want to experience it as much as you can.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 601 Discussion

Wind_Sr - Jun 22, 2013

45 by Boksi »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

48 by nickehhhhhh »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1107 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

54 by nickehhhhhh »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 580 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FrostToaster - Jan 12, 2013

86 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 579 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AnimePoop - Jan 5, 2013

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.