Forum Settings
Forums

Do you care about "representation" in anime?

New
Do you want to see more forced representation in anime?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 10, 2022 4:16 AM

Nov 2022
No, I don't.

I want characters that are likeable and enjoyable to watch.

This political correctness is like a plague or locust swarm gets to media and utterly destroys it. Just look at what it did to Blizzard and World of Warcraft. Once the most popular MMO and best game developer company now only creates rage and apprehension among even its most loyal fans.

It would be terrifying if it were to happen to anime.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Nov 10, 2022 6:30 AM

May 2020
How can u even do representation when most of anime/manga are set in Japanese highschools anyway?

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Nov 11, 2022 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
I don't get the representation fad. I'm watching a japanese cartoon, with japanese characters, often in a japanese setting. I'm not japanese. Many of my favorite characters in anime are female. I'm not female.
The rules for well-written stories and characters are universal, and so is their appeal. I don't need to feel represented by the characters' skin color, gender, sexuality, religion, political views, height, hair color, nose size or favorite food to like a character. I'm also not so narcissistic that I need to find them relatable. Just give me interesting characters doing interesting things.
Nov 11, 2022 1:35 PM

Aug 2021
its cool when theres diverse stuff
homogenous stuff is boring
thats my argument
Nov 12, 2022 12:48 PM
Aug 2017
What do you mean by that? Forced representation? Like more Japanese culture if so yea, why not anime was Japanese originally anyway, but if you are walking about the woke culture in US, then keep that shit as far away as possible from anime.
Nov 12, 2022 1:17 PM
Dec 2021
I don’t understand why so many here hate the idea of representation in anime. To be honest, it would actually be better. Equal treatment means less exploitation of minority groups in both media and real life, and cleaner media would help influence a kinder society.

Representation doesn’t sacrifice good storytelling. Though not anime, Star Wars, The Owl House, and Wings of Fire are examples of stories where characters who’re part of minority groups are treated just like the rest of the cast.

There’s a lot of stigma towards anime fans, because some people think that all anime is ecchi, and all anime viewers are degenerates. While this isn’t 100% accurate, there’s still a lot of pointless ecchi anime. A lot of people are speaking out to support the vision of a progressive society where all races and genders can live freely, but because most anime fans who responded to this thread are against representation, than they are ironically proving the outside world’s stigma towards anime.
GreyStoneFlingerNov 12, 2022 1:42 PM
Nov 12, 2022 1:40 PM

Apr 2020
If I cared about representation I would just watch western advterisement all day long.
Nov 12, 2022 2:25 PM
Sep 2022
No. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
Nov 12, 2022 2:31 PM

Apr 2015
GreyStoneFlinger said:
I don’t understand why so many here hate the idea of representation in anime. To be honest, it would actually be better. Equal treatment means less exploitation of minority groups in both media and real life, and cleaner media would help influence a kinder society.

Representation doesn’t sacrifice good storytelling. Though not anime, Star Wars, The Owl House, and Wings of Fire are examples of stories where characters who’re part of minority groups are treated just like the rest of the cast.

There’s a lot of stigma towards anime fans, because some people think that all anime is ecchi, and all anime viewers are degenerates. While this isn’t 100% accurate, there’s still a lot of pointless ecchi anime. A lot of people are speaking out to support the vision of a progressive society where all races and genders can live freely, but because most anime fans who responded to this thread are against representation, than they are ironically proving the outside world’s stigma towards anime.
Why haven't you gone back to Twitter or tumblr yet?
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Nov 12, 2022 2:32 PM
Dec 2021
Tropisch said:
GreyStoneFlinger said:

Why haven't you gone back to Twitter or tumblr yet?

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Twitter is hell on Earth, and not once have we set foot in it or Tumblr.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

731 by UberBat »»
55 seconds ago

» Would you sacrifice your favorite anime in exchange for that your waifu will become real?

Spunkert - 26 minutes ago

7 by Zimmu »»
6 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

139 by DigiCat »»
6 minutes ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - Yesterday

21 by Zimmu »»
8 minutes ago

» Collection of CPM Auditions For Outlanders

RareAnimeHunter - 5 hours ago

5 by tchitchouan »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.