Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2022 12:07 AM

Sep 2014
Been playing a lot of Gundam Evolution recently and it got me wanting to check out Gundam again, which I haven't done in a long while. The only stuff I've watched is Gundam Wing back in the day, Iron Blooded Orphans, and the recent Hathaway movie. I think I dabbled in some other stuff here and there, but don't remember much of it other than what one might get with general anime knowledge.
Sep 26, 2022 7:00 AM

Feb 2016
Everyone will give a different answer. The only objective must watch is the original, because it's the original.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/80/Mobile_Suit_Gundam

I also recommend Origin, Thunderbolt, ∀, and Build Fighters.
その目だれの目?
Sep 26, 2022 8:02 AM

Oct 2015
Majority of the mobile suits in Gundam Evolution are from the Universal Century. Well, there is Exia from 00 and Barbados from Iron Blooded Orphans~
Sep 26, 2022 12:55 PM
Feb 2021
Gundam origin (6 movies) is the best one IMO. Simple to follow, great animation and interesting MC unlike many other Gundam series
Sep 26, 2022 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
I'll give the original a shot just to check it out, I wasn't sure if it was gonna hold up or not with old it was, but I'll then check out the Origin stuff. Not sure where to watch Turn A or Thunderbolt as they don't seem to be on the main services that I can see.
Sep 26, 2022 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
OG
Zeta
ZZ
Char's Counterattack
Oct 4, 2022 8:33 PM
Jan 2009
lots of suggestions for boring UC gundam shows smh

watch Build Fighters season 1 and G Gundam.
no one's even mentioned War in the Pocket or 08th MS Team even though those are the best UC series

also you can watch Mercury Witch this season, both episodes have been amazing so far
Oct 8, 2022 1:40 AM

Jan 2020
Ideally the original '79 show is a good starting point but a 43-episode series from 4 decades is a bit of a commitment, so if you want to know if you'd like it I recommend watching War in The Pocket, it's a six-episode OVA with great animation that takes place during the original series and communicates it's themes and storytelling very well.
Oct 8, 2022 1:59 AM

Jun 2022
Don't forget to watch Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Turn A Gundam. Both are great
They are not part of the main UC timeline so you can watch them whenever
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Oct 9, 2022 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
I ended up getting into the original show a good bit, I was surprised how well it held up for a show from the late 70's, I rarely watch anime that old, but it was pretty decent, got about 20 episodes through that and I will also be keeping up with Gundam Mercury as I watched the first two episodes and was digging it so hopefully that whole show pans out. I do appreciate all the input, I'm probably gonna try and jump back and forth between older stuff and generally newer shows, so I'll get through classic Gundam, check out something after that and then maybe do Build Fighters alongside Mercury. See how that goes.
Oct 9, 2022 2:44 PM

Feb 2016
I recommend you save Build Fighters for after you watch any older entries that interest you. It has a lot of references to other Gundam anime.
その目だれの目?

More topics from this board

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - 2 hours ago

1 by JoeChip »»
2 hours ago

» I need a romance anime

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

1 by NaTsu879 »»
2 hours ago

» Hentai Romance

False_Entity - May 15

2 by False_Entity »»
Yesterday, 4:39 PM

» Romance Anime

Zamus_Edits - May 24

7 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 3:22 PM

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.