Forum Settings
Forums

Which place gives you the most sense of nostalgia?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2022 10:35 AM

Aug 2020
probably just looking at my old elementary classroom and playground. The school is closed now though sadly.
Jul 28, 2022 7:12 PM

Sep 2015
bridges over running water. i dont really know why, i think its the stillness of the scene and the pleasant sound of freshwater
Jul 28, 2022 10:12 PM
Jul 2022
The McDonald's play-pit. I used to play in the ball pit a LOT, which is probably why I was always sick when I was younger.
Jul 28, 2022 10:50 PM

Oct 2016
Laxative said:
The McDonald's play-pit. I used to play in the ball pit a LOT, which is probably why I was always sick when I was younger.

Same thing. I moved a lot as a kid so things that were similar to this are what make me nostalgic.
Jul 28, 2022 10:57 PM
Jul 2022
spaceslut said:
Laxative said:

Same thing. I moved a lot as a kid so things that were similar to this are what make me nostalgic.
I also moved a lot quite often since my family had financial issues. Maybe that's also why they're nostalgic to me, too.
Jul 28, 2022 11:57 PM

Aug 2011
The noodle shop at the corner of the old condos where I grew up, every morning fresh noodles would be out, and seeing all the ppl old and young sitting out on the tiny wooden tables and plastic chairs enjoying noodles, smelling the steamed rice noodles while the sun is rising just behind it
desu desu binches
Jul 29, 2022 9:26 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
The old city where I lived and the mall on the neighboring city. My grandmother used to bring us there every few weeks
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
Jul 29, 2022 11:16 PM

Dec 2018
Honestly, the best buy stores. I visited them a lot in childhood & would go around the television & video game sections the most. I think the carpeting they had made me felt cozy. And as someone who grew up with internet, playing the click & point flash games on Newgrounds, Y8 (the old/classic version of the website) and Club Penguin gives me some nostalgia.
Aug 30, 2022 5:37 AM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts?

Aug 30, 2022 6:25 AM

Aug 2018
Probably hometown or something close to it , since I spent most of my years there it always had special place in my heart
Sep 1, 2022 7:47 PM
Dec 2017
Maumuu said:
Honestly, the best buy stores. I visited them a lot in childhood & would go around the television & video game sections the most. I think the carpeting they had made me felt cozy. And as someone who grew up with internet, playing the click & point flash games on Newgrounds, Y8 (the old/classic version of the website) and Club Penguin gives me some nostalgia.

best buy these days in my area is barren mostly electronics than its is games or dvds i got alot of stuff from there over the years.

Sep 2, 2022 1:39 AM

Apr 2016
My grandma's old house, sometimes I have to go near where my grandmother used to live, and it is strange to think that the place that I spent a good chunk of my childhood, teenage years and very early adulthood and that I have so many good memories of being with family is now being used by someone that I don't even know. I remember the last day that I was inside the house, all the furniture had already been removed, and I felt like in some drama movie, as I went through the rooms flashes of memory came to my mind of all the happy times that I had with my family there.
Before anyone thinks that this happened because my grandma died, know that she is alive and well, she just moved so she could live closer to my father.
Sep 2, 2022 2:12 AM

Feb 2015
The old supermarket I used to work at when I first graduated high school. Lots and lots of memories stored there. I will probably cry if/when they ever go out of business... man, I feel so old. :(
Sep 6, 2022 9:02 AM
Dec 2017
anyonne else would like to share their thoughts?

Sep 10, 2022 6:34 PM
Dec 2017

Sep 11, 2022 1:32 AM

Jul 2019
In my country there's this arcade place called Timezone, i used to visit that place a lot back then when i was a kid.
Sep 11, 2022 1:46 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
The lake behind my old middle school... it's where i lost my cherries with my first love who was a lot like nabiki tendo..

Sep 13, 2022 8:55 AM
Dec 2017

Oct 27, 2022 8:53 AM
Dec 2017

Oct 27, 2022 6:28 PM

Apr 2015
My highschool and the house Me, my twin brother, Mom and Dad lived in while we lived in Florida. My highschool was nice and comfortable, especially when I went to the library for peace and quiet when I could, it had plants and dim lights with nice furniture, and the school had a pretty courtyard too. The auditorium was pretty cool place to go to also. As for the house, my family lived there for about 6 years, (4 more with my dad before we moved) it was really a calm and comfortable time, before all the construction started in the neighborhood and crime started to rise. I remember walking down the street after school with my brother, and just enjoying the peace and quiet.
TropischOct 27, 2022 7:20 PM
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 27, 2022 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
Seabreeze
It's a local little amusement park my parents used to bring me to every summer when I was little.
Good times.
Nov 5, 2022 5:40 PM
Dec 2017

Nov 5, 2022 5:50 PM

Jan 2020
Probably the two biggest ones I can think of are driving around at night, or smoking outside at night. Something about hanging out outside after midnight just feels comforting.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 12, 2022 8:11 AM
Dec 2017

Nov 12, 2022 8:16 AM

Oct 2022
This video gives me nostalgia because it was the first I have seen on the internet that I can remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbJiRfIp_cU

Irl I guess it would be my living room, I remember the times I had there. But it is hard to be nostalgic for places since I have mostly been in the same spot all my life.

Also a thing that gives me nostalgia is VHS, it is weird for me to say this considering I was born in 05, but my family wasn't really that rich and we still had VHS. I used to watch like disney movies and all that on our VHS player.
Nov 12, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2022
Places like Utah gave me a lot of nostalgia due to the area and its Native American population. I feel I have been to many places in North, South, and Central America that had a lot of Native Americans in my past lives. When I look back in this lifetime, the places that gave me the most nostalgia were places that has or had a high Native American population. I actually look like a Native American myself, but I am actually Asian who was born in Asia. Native Americans often confuse me for one of their kind. I am not a light skinned Asian. I am a brown skinned Asian. Native Americans can be light skinned or brown skinned. 
Nov 12, 2022 2:35 PM
Dec 2017

Nov 13, 2022 4:14 PM
Dec 2017

Nov 14, 2022 11:50 AM
Dec 2017
anyone else would liek to share their thoughts?

Nov 16, 2022 1:21 AM
Jul 2021
This may sound wierd but, I feel really nostálgico when I see certain videos on YT made before I was born, I ask myself how can I feel nostalgia about a time and age that I didn't know.

I watch a lot of YT videos about plane spotting, tarmac/airport movements/landing/take off from the 60/70's and I watch 20/25 minutes long videos of planes from a bygone era and I just feel very, very nostalgic. I dunno watching those old B707/727/737/747, DC 8, DC 9, DC10, L1011 taking off/landing it feels good somehow.

And then I see old airlines that are gone now, the likes of Eastern, PAN AM, TWA, USAIR, Piedmont Airlines and I start to reminiscences about my past, I see a TWA L1011 or a PAN AM/TWA B747 and I think, men I flew with then, I flew in those planes, the service was this and that. I even go wow thats an Eastern B727 I flew a couple of times with then, they were a nice airline.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jan 1, 2023 1:33 PM
Dec 2017
Text101 said:
This video gives me nostalgia because it was the first I have seen on the internet that I can remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbJiRfIp_cU

Irl I guess it would be my living room, I remember the times I had there. But it is hard to be nostalgic for places since I have mostly been in the same spot all my life.

Also a thing that gives me nostalgia is VHS, it is weird for me to say this considering I was born in 05, but my family wasn't really that rich and we still had VHS. I used to watch like disney movies and all that on our VHS player.
i have a vhs player and some anime vhs that i just started collecting for.

Jan 1, 2023 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
School class room. Man, it just feels too nostalgic and surreal that you used to spend half your day there with people that you don't know, but grown to either cope with or like. 
Jan 6, 2023 10:01 AM
Dec 2017

Jan 11, 2023 5:15 PM
Dec 2017

Feb 20, 2023 3:00 PM
Dec 2017

Feb 20, 2023 3:50 PM
Feb 2023
For me it’s listening to songs I listened to when I was little.
Feb 20, 2023 5:17 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
There's not many places like that. Though, there is a train trestle in my old neighbourhood, that remains largely unchanged, and reminds me of simpler times, hanging out with friends. The same thing can be said about the community park, but it's pretty much all changed, now, and hardly resembles what it used too.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Feb 20, 2023 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
I would love to say my hometown but pretty much anything in it has changed beyond recognition. My biggest nostalgia trip was using Google Street View to remind me how it used to look like. 

Feb 20, 2023 10:28 PM

Aug 2022
Probably my old house.. My grandfather used to have a library in the house so I read a lot of books there mostly by English romantic Era poets.
Sadly he past away and the books were all donated to the neighborhood library and the house was demolished..
I still think about it and it makes me nostalgic
Mar 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Mar 2021
The scenery outside my house gives me nostalgic vibes similar to a manga I like  
Mar 2, 2023 3:43 PM
Dec 2010
The White House. I watch them do their job everyday. It's tiring but fulfilling.
Mar 2, 2023 3:49 PM
Dec 2017
Text101 said:

just watched the video and yeah, i barely grew up on touhou memes but it was aighty, too bad now the internet sux with a bunch of looney troon woke shit these days :P

Mar 2, 2023 3:50 PM
Dec 2017
StarfireDragon said:
There's not many places like that. Though, there is a train trestle in my old neighbourhood, that remains largely unchanged, and reminds me of simpler times, hanging out with friends. The same thing can be said about the community park, but it's pretty much all changed, now, and hardly resembles what it used too.
Yeah same thing in my old area back when i was growing up in the 416

Mar 2, 2023 6:33 PM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts on this?

Mar 24, 2023 5:59 PM
Dec 2017
anyone else would like to share their thoughts on this?

Mar 24, 2023 6:29 PM

Aug 2022
Without a doubt the forest behind my old neighborhood where me and my friends built tree houses, rope swings, and eventually dirt jumps for our bikes.  The older we got the better we got at building and it became a fully self contained hang-out zone.  Permanent coolers we half buried in the ground, seats, a beach umbrella that blew away lol. I even busted my ass an entire weekend cutting steps into the hillside to make it easier for girls to go up and down.

My buddy went there in 2021 and took pictures, some of our wood structures are still there and you can see the outlines of old jumps carved into the hillside, grown over with plants but the shape distinct.

We were the last batch of neighborhood kids to run around back there, it was given to us by the mountain bikers in our town that were older than us when they went to college/work, but we didnt have any younger generation to hand it down to when we all graduated high school.  Not only were there was less kids by then, the ones left just didnt seem interested, they were much much more introverted.  
The population of my hometown just drops every year.  Real estate control freaks hollowed it out, turned everything into Air BnBs so no one actually lives there anymore year round, and the town basically withered up and blew away.  It is what it is.
Mar 26, 2023 10:38 AM

Aug 2019
There's a library that's about a fifteen/twenty minute drive away from my house that I've been going to ever since I was in middle school (maybe even since I was in elementary school) that gives me a sense of comfortable familiarity every time I go there. If we want to get really detailed, the children's book section would probably give me the most nostalgia. I haven't stepped in that area for a while, but I remember the last time I did it felt like a time capsule taking me back to the past a little bit. Since then there's another library that's been built much closer to my house, but I still prefer the older library.
Mar 26, 2023 11:59 AM

Jul 2009
Nowhere because everything good got demolished and redone since I was a child. Globalist redesign.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» アニメ文化祭とはどんなイベントなのでしょうか? What kind of event is the Anime Culture Festival ?

ISeeLifePeople - 12 hours ago

3 by GinIonSui »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you give a 2 week notice if the job did you wrong?

The-Nsider - Sep 26

9 by zombie_pegasus »»
6 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - May 25

21 by Zakatsuki_ »»
7 minutes ago

» How pure are you?

Ejrodiew - 50 minutes ago

4 by Zakatsuki_ »»
10 minutes ago

» what's the first thing you would do if you wake up in your middle school/high school years tomorrow morning? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 23

53 by BigBoyAdvance »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.