Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 14, 2022 2:14 PM
Aug 2016
Finally! Ahhhhhhh I love it so much. Animation looking clean af, as expected of Shinkai films. The song also sounds very good. I hope the movie will be a banger.

Jul 14, 2022 2:25 PM
Feb 2021
Let’s go, can’t wait for the new recycling of the same story, this will 5th or 6th time Shinkai does that. Jokes aside (not much jokes cause it’s kinda true), even knowing all this I’m always so hyped for Shinkai movies, I can’t help it, they’re my guilty pleasure. Tbh this looks kinda similar to the Agartha, by far his weakest movie, I hope it will be as good as possible
Jul 14, 2022 2:36 PM
Dec 2021
it's looking hella good, hopefully we won't have to wait long for it
Jul 14, 2022 2:38 PM
Dec 2021
TheRealRouges said:
Let’s go, can’t wait for the new recycling of the same story, this will 5th or 6th time Shinkai does that. Jokes aside (not much jokes cause it’s kinda true), even knowing all this I’m always so hyped for Shinkai movies, I can’t help it, they’re my guilty pleasure. Tbh this looks kinda similar to the Agartha, by far his weakest movie, I hope it will be as good as possible

no need to be a guilty pleasure, they may be somewhat similar, but in the end they're all good movies, something that's worth your time
Jul 14, 2022 2:45 PM
Mar 2021
TheRealRouges said:

Who tf considers Shinkai movies a guilty pleasure??? Sometimes I lose hope in the Anime community, seriously this guy is a generational talent. There's a reason he outdoes Ghibli at the box office.
Jul 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
Looks amazing as usual. The only issue I've got with this, the girl design is hella generic. She looks just like Mitsuha from Your Name. I understand that this is Shinkai's/his studio artstyle but still. At least guy is more Howl than his regular male MC this time.
Jul 14, 2022 3:55 PM

Oct 2020
Dynit release wen eta…

It's beautiful, but I wonder about the period of time between when big anime movies like this hit theaters and the Blu-Ray release.
Bl-zzJul 14, 2022 3:59 PM
Jul 14, 2022 3:57 PM

Dec 2018
Looks great! I’m really excited to see how the door thing will be used throughout the film.
Jul 14, 2022 6:14 PM
Jun 2020
Who is the singer?
Jul 14, 2022 6:24 PM

Sep 2020
Is RADWIMPS coming back ? Anyway I am super excited for this one.
Jul 14, 2022 9:19 PM

Jan 2021
Overall looks so beautiful!
Jul 14, 2022 11:36 PM

Sep 2015
The theme is very similar to children who chase lost voices. After tenki no ko, I'm glad he went back to fantasy settings. Also, the song is lit.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 15, 2022 12:00 AM
Aug 2021
Dayum!!! The artsyle is clean asf. It gives Hella your name vibes!! 💜 Can't wait for this masterpiece!!! Lezz go!!!🔥🔥 waiting for Radwimps come back 😁😍😎
Jul 15, 2022 12:19 AM
Feb 2021
kriissyy12 said:
TheRealRouges said:

Who tf considers Shinkai movies a guilty pleasure??? Sometimes I lose hope in the Anime community, seriously this guy is a generational talent. There's a reason he outdoes Ghibli at the box office.
bruh, he lettary made the same movie from his first short movie Voices of a Distant Star (or whatever that was), and then with all his movies. He made really enjoyable movies, but they are so successful because of the music and animations, not because they have a good plot. 5 Centimeter per second it’s probably the best plot he ever created, Garden of Words is enjoyable because it’s so beautiful to look at, all the greens of the garden are incredible, and during like 45 minutes the story is enjoyable. Your Name is a mess full of plot holes and concepts that make no sense at all, but the music and the animation convey the “plot” in a way that hit in right way and moves who watches the movie, and Tenki no Ko is just a better made more focused Your Name. Shinkai is no generational talent, probably the best director of the generation is Mamoru Hosoda, who actually has the courage to present different themes every time. With all that said, I love watching Shinkai movies, but there’s no way they are incredible
Jul 15, 2022 8:42 AM
May 2014
TheRealRouges said:
kriissyy12 said:

bruh, he lettary made the same movie from his first short movie Voices of a Distant Star (or whatever that was), and then with all his movies. He made really enjoyable movies, but they are so successful because of the music and animations, not because they have a good plot. 5 Centimeter per second it’s probably the best plot he ever created, Garden of Words is enjoyable because it’s so beautiful to look at, all the greens of the garden are incredible, and during like 45 minutes the story is enjoyable. Your Name is a mess full of plot holes and concepts that make no sense at all, but the music and the animation convey the “plot” in a way that hit in right way and moves who watches the movie, and Tenki no Ko is just a better made more focused Your Name. Shinkai is no generational talent, probably the best director of the generation is Mamoru Hosoda, who actually has the courage to present different themes every time. With all that said, I love watching Shinkai movies, but there’s no way they are incredible
Lmao so many dogshit takes in here, I don't even know where to start but it's pretty clear that if this is what the Shinkai critics actually think (and LOL at Hosoda even being close to one of the best talents in anime. That man wants so badly to get a Disney deal), then I definitely would never want to be on that side.
Jul 15, 2022 9:11 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Koimeguna said:
Who is the singer?

someone please answer this I'm dying to know

Jul 15, 2022 9:13 AM
Aug 2021
another banger movie is always welcome
Jul 15, 2022 9:38 AM
Jun 2021
It looks so damn good.
I hope it's like more than 3 hours long cos I want to get the most of it as possible.
Jul 15, 2022 9:48 AM
Feb 2021
VKDOOM said:
TheRealRouges said:
Lmao so many dogshit takes in here, I don't even know where to start but it's pretty clear that if this is what the Shinkai critics actually think (and LOL at Hosoda even being close to one of the best talents in anime. That man wants so badly to get a Disney deal), then I definitely would never want to be on that side.
the reality is that we don’t have big talents in anime nowadays, Satoshi Kon, the most brilliant anime director ever died, Miyazaki is old af and still has one movie left, Takahata, an incredible director, died, Mamoru Oshii doesn’t make anime movies animore, same goes for Rintaro and Otomo. Those are the best minds of the anime industry history. Hosoda was a breath of fresh air some years ago, he created two great movies with The Girl who Lept through Time and Wolf Children, also The boy and the Beast is a solid movie (I still have to watch his other works). Shinkai created a simple but versatile trope with his “impossible love plot” and no one can denie that he used it in everyone of his movies. The only movie a bit different was the Agharta one, forgot the name, which was a Miyazaki rip off and ultimately it’s often forgotten. His new movies hit stronger with the higher production quality, but they end up feeling empty and flat in comparison to his early works, this is undeniable
TheRealRougesJul 15, 2022 9:52 AM
Jul 15, 2022 12:35 PM

Sep 2020
BerriesSan said:
Koimeguna said:
Who is the singer?

@Koimeguna "Nanoka Hara" She is also the VA of Suzume.
Jul 15, 2022 1:41 PM
Jul 2022
Shinkai stories has been known as a 'boy meets girl' and often sci fi oriented. He has said that he loves doing those kinda movies.

Especially, well, in his early movies. Which were thrilling concept if i could say. There are a bit of macross or gundam vibes in it.

Then he works more on the quality of the animation. I know it would sure spend more time to create much better animation that the screenwriter would somehow pay less time into the plot and character interaction detail. He has made a splendid work with your name. But, you gotta feel it! The one that is less was the chemistry build up between the two main character... which is.... a real pain to work to, i know, given so little time that they actually meet face to face (if any). It sure is one kind of a unique yet super challenging to create more drama vibes within a story that has so many time and space related puzzles. Not to mention the little parts other supporting cast has to do to affect the whole story, emotion and all.

I agree that his strongest ones were probably still 5 cm and garden of words. You can say i could felt the two main characters conflict better in garden of words and could feel the empty longing and hope from them in 5 cm. But the change of direction in your name was also quite refreshing. Although, even Shinkai himself already said that he was not that satisfied with his finish work. Sure there are some plot holes here and there, but i'm sure that's what you get from creatimg such enormous work in a span of production where you feel it would need another hlaf or full year or so to deliver.

Hopefully, everything goes well with suzume.
I was hoping something less in action but more on the visual and scenery thing. As it's my thing too. Was picturing something similar to yokohama kaidashi kikou or aria which are some of my favorite (yet an increasing rare concept in the whole anime world). Well.. i think it wouldn't be it. But tf, it's shinkai afterall!
Saberx93Jul 15, 2022 2:05 PM
Jul 15, 2022 11:18 PM

Sep 2015
ZXEAN said:
BerriesSan said:

@Koimeguna "Nanoka Hara" She is also the VA of Suzume.

Nah, the singer is not revealed yet. Official news here: https://suzume-tojimari-movie.jp/news.html

The song name is called "Suzume" while the "Voice of Sparrow/Suzume" in the last 10 seconds of the PV is narrated by Nanoka Hara. I get why people would confuse her as the singer since the statement is pretty vague.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 16, 2022 5:22 PM
Apr 2022
Trailer animation looks smooth, looks like 60fps.....hopefully its animated that way as well, 60 animations per second! (see what I did there?)

Also 4k HDR, but I also hope they also do 8k.
Jul 16, 2022 5:31 PM
Oct 2020
Looks so fucking good and the singer sounds amazing.
Jul 16, 2022 10:32 PM

Jun 2020
TheRealRouges said:

TheRealRouges said:

Damn. Some people's hate boners are so big, they don't even see the platform where they're saying stuff. If you really want to shit on Shinkai and Your Name, go create another thread under that movie or simply go to threads that deal with that stuff. This is literally a thread about the PV release of a movie that's not even out yet. Let others enjoy what they want.
Jul 17, 2022 12:22 AM
Feb 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
TheRealRouges said:

TheRealRouges said:

Damn. Some people's hate boners are so big, they don't even see the platform where they're saying stuff. If you really want to shit on Shinkai and Your Name, go create another thread under that movie or simply go to threads that deal with that stuff. This is literally a thread about the PV release of a movie that's not even out yet. Let others enjoy what they want.
anyone can enjoy what they want in the most brainless way possible, but who wants to criticize something has the same right to do it, especially because it’s still about Shinkai, if someone has the right to say “I’m so hyped for this new movieeeee, I watch only recycled romantic movies but I still has to spam the fact that I consider them the best all over the internet” someone has also the right to say “Shinkai has recycled the same trope over and over again, let’s not get my hopes too high for this project”. It’s note about hate, people always seem to dumb about that, it was also like that when Spy x Family was airing, with all the people with no more than 50 anime watched praising it like it was the best thing ever created in humankind, those who genuinely criticized it, or not even that, just saying it wasn’t the best thing ever made would piss off so many people, as if being critical was an horrific thing. Fanboys will always be fanboys I guess. Don’t dare try to suppress someone else’s right to express themselves
Jul 17, 2022 3:32 AM

Jun 2020
TheRealRouges said:
Mr_Srijan said:

anyone can enjoy what they want in the most brainless way possible, but who wants to criticize something has the same right to do it, especially because it’s still about Shinkai, if someone has the right to say “I’m so hyped for this new movieeeee, I watch only recycled romantic movies but I still has to spam the fact that I consider them the best all over the internet” someone has also the right to say “Shinkai has recycled the same trope over and over again, let’s not get my hopes too high for this project”. It’s note about hate, people always seem to dumb about that, it was also like that when Spy x Family was airing, with all the people with no more than 50 anime watched praising it like it was the best thing ever created in humankind, those who genuinely criticized it, or not even that, just saying it wasn’t the best thing ever made would piss off so many people, as if being critical was an horrific thing. Fanboys will always be fanboys I guess. Don’t dare try to suppress someone else’s right to express themselves

Nobody's fuckin trying to supress anyone's "right to express themselves". Do you go outside on the road to take a shit? There is a place for everything and this is not the one for stuff that you're saying. Go ahead and criticise whoever the fuck you want to, but be a bit sincere about it.... Lmao, crazy how I didn't even praise anyone and yet this guy decided that I was 'fanboying'. Bruh, like i said, this is a thread of a PV for a movie that isn't even out yet. If your hate boner is that large, please go and "exercise your right to express your opinion" someplace else...
Jul 17, 2022 5:41 AM
May 2021
The Visuals are as stunning as ever cant wait for the release...!!!
Jul 17, 2022 5:47 AM
Feb 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
TheRealRouges said:

Nobody's fuckin trying to supress anyone's "right to express themselves". Do you go outside on the road to take a shit? There is a place for everything and this is not the one for stuff that you're saying. Go ahead and criticise whoever the fuck you want to, but be a bit sincere about it.... Lmao, crazy how I didn't even praise anyone and yet this guy decided that I was 'fanboying'. Bruh, like i said, this is a thread of a PV for a movie that isn't even out yet. If your hate boner is that large, please go and "exercise your right to express your opinion" someplace else...
but this is the right place to talk about Makoto Shinkai’s works, since it’s a post about the new pv for his new movie, and instead of just saying “oh wow look at those amazing graphics and hear that incredible soundtrack I’m so hyped” I’m genuinely wondering if it will be the same as the other movies or for once the author thought of something actually really peculiar, because there’s the risk of having a Bubble 2.0 this time, after that movie people actually understood that having big names and wonderful animations doesn’t make the movie good by itself. If you don’t want to talk seriously and you just want to attack someone only because it attacked your favorite movie you are the one in the wrong place, also using that attitude means you are in the wrong. I started to talk about Kimi no na Wa only because someone hatefully responded to me saying Shinkai is a genius and the best director of this day and age, and I of course had to respond and explain why it’s not the case, providing calm points while being attacked by fanboys. That’s how it is here on MAL, people who actually can have critical thinking are attacked by fanboys for no real reason apart from gently exposing the problems of their favorite piece of media, without even talking directly to them most of the time, just expressing their composed opinion
Jul 17, 2022 7:41 AM

Jun 2020
TheRealRouges said:
Mr_Srijan said:

but this is the right place to talk about Makoto Shinkai’s works, since it’s a post about the new pv for his new movie, and instead of just saying “oh wow look at those amazing graphics and hear that incredible soundtrack I’m so hyped” I’m genuinely wondering if it will be the same as the other movies or for once the author thought of something actually really peculiar, because there’s the risk of having a Bubble 2.0 this time, after that movie people actually understood that having big names and wonderful animations doesn’t make the movie good by itself. If you don’t want to talk seriously and you just want to attack someone only because it attacked your favorite movie you are the one in the wrong place, also using that attitude means you are in the wrong. I started to talk about Kimi no na Wa only because someone hatefully responded to me saying Shinkai is a genius and the best director of this day and age, and I of course had to respond and explain why it’s not the case, providing calm points while being attacked by fanboys. That’s how it is here on MAL, people who actually can have critical thinking are attacked by fanboys for no real reason apart from gently exposing the problems of their favorite piece of media, without even talking directly to them most of the time, just expressing their composed opinion

My god man. Please say whatever you want. If you can't understand a simple thing and are stubbornly going to argue the same point, then do whatever tf you want. Idc anymore. Good luck in trying to be toxic to the next level 👍👍👍

More topics from this board

» Is Suzume not related to your name/weathering with you?

BAKA0402 - Apr 27, 2023

25 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Suzume no Tojimari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shikkakku - Nov 11, 2022

346 by Terishiro »»
Jun 3, 12:58 PM

» Feet and shoes in the film

trvekvlt666 - May 19

20 by Casualfanofanime »»
May 24, 2:38 PM

» Remake of weathering with you? ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - May 1

51 by Zoopiez »»
May 19, 8:06 PM

» Makoto Shinka cannot write plausible human relationships

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

42 by BroodEagle »»
May 11, 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.