Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2022 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
The story is not as good as I hope(pretty straight forward not a single moment where I feel emotionally connected with the character as it is so fast paced for me to connect) but I’d be lying if is say that I didn’t enjoy this one still I don’t think the story is worth the hype but sure the actiontards are going to love this and anime community is filled with those action ehnthusiastics(as we can already see the ratings of demon slayer and jjk)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 11, 2022 8:33 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, we heard you the first time.
Jul 11, 2022 8:40 AM

Mar 2021
So what is your point?

We should not hype something we are excited about?
Jul 11, 2022 8:41 AM

Feb 2022
denji started as alone and ended up alone that's when i felt connected with the charas , one by one everyone died
Jul 11, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2022
if u cant emotionally connect with them then okay ur one of those who thinks popular = bad ig and watch rare animes to stay cool in ur own mind
Jul 11, 2022 8:47 AM
Jun 2019
Considering jjk’s success after its adaptation I think chainsaw man may be a pop culture phenomenon with the right animation,voice acting,soundtrack …. For likes there are the colors but some people want to be cool and say it’s overrated, in fact, that happens a lot with mainstream media like aot.
Jul 11, 2022 8:48 AM
Oct 2020
Stopwatcinganime said:
The story is not as good as I hope(pretty straight forward not a single moment where I feel emotionally connected with the character as it is so fast paced for me to connect) but I’d be lying if is say that I didn’t enjoy this one still I don’t think the story is worth the hype but sure the actiontards are going to love this and anime community is filled with those action ehnthusiastics(as we can already see the ratings of demon slayer and jjk)

What do you think worth the hype then if it’s not csm?
Jul 11, 2022 8:49 AM

Nov 2021
Not a problem if it's not as your taste. Btw Name check tho.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 11, 2022 8:52 AM
May 2022
What's the point of this post? Genuinely curious.

The anime hasn't even released yet, so how can one say if the hype is justified or not? Just cause you don't like something doesn't mean people can't be excited about it. Calling them "actiontards" is the same as someone calling you an "elitist" and writing off your opinion as useless as a result...
Jul 11, 2022 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
BlacKokoro said:
Considering jjk’s success after its adaptation I think chainsaw man may be a pop culture phenomenon with the right animation,voice acting,soundtrack …. For likes there are the colors but some people want to be cool and say it’s overrated, in fact, that happens a lot with mainstream media like aot.
I didn’t say this is overrated I get the appeal of this anime but for me story is much more important than action and I think story is the weak point for me of this anime thats why I said not worth the hype in terms of story but if you looking for some crazy action it’s worth the hype
Jul 11, 2022 8:55 AM
May 2021
Kind of agree tbh. It's good just nothing that great. Still looking forward to the anime tho, maybe I'd enjoy it better a 2nd time
Jul 11, 2022 8:56 AM

May 2021
Stopwatcinganime said:

your emotional incompetency doesn't make the show less enjoyable for other people
Jul 11, 2022 9:00 AM
Mar 2021
Stopwatcinganime said:

you don't think the story is worth the hype..?

don't tell us, we don't care lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2022 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
nimokeN said:
Kind of agree tbh. It's good just nothing that great. Still looking forward to the anime tho, maybe I'd enjoy it better a 2nd time
Reply that has some sense in it.
Jul 11, 2022 9:04 AM
Feb 2021
You should make more of these threads because people seem to get really annoyed at someone voicing their thoughts if it isn't positive for chainsawman.
Jul 11, 2022 9:07 AM
Jul 2021
"The story is not good"
Bro you know that's a subjective opinion, not an actual fact. Just cuz you didn't like the story doesn't make you the absolute truth. Also idk why you wrote you're not invested in the characters right after saying the story ain't good. Story and characters are 2 different aspects of storytelling, not enjoying one does not mean you won't enjoy the other.

The pacing is fast due to the movie like nature of CSM, the author specifically writes all his manga in a film like style, like Tarantino movies for example.

I loved the story. And you're mistaken on one part, people don't like CSM for the action. They like it for the characters, art, world building, and crazy lore. Action isn't even the main focus of the series.
hbvnfjJul 11, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 11, 2022 9:09 AM

Nov 2021
Yeah I agree the story is not something I'd say extraordinary just lot of action, waifu, and shoking moments are enough for anime community to be hype about.
Jul 11, 2022 9:10 AM
Aug 2017
This is such a sad thread. Imagine being so confident in such a bad take.
Jul 11, 2022 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
DrBalls said:
I loved the story. And you're mistaken on one part, people don't like CSM for the action. They like it for the characters, art, world building, and crazy lore. Action isn't even the main focus of the series.
the character and world building are the 2 of the weak point of this imo lol
Jul 11, 2022 9:16 AM
Jul 2021
Stopwatcinganime said:
DrBalls said:

So you just don't enjoy em, or do you have an actual reason?
Jul 11, 2022 9:18 AM
Apr 2022
Stopwatcinganime said:
DrBalls said:

The characters being a weak point are definitely untrue
Jul 11, 2022 9:22 AM
Jun 2011
its like anything else. Theres more there if ya wanna find it, but if ya don't dig it then there's nothing for ya really. Honestly I loved chainsaw man more before all these dog barking weirdo's got a hold of it. Its a great manga, but I also hope the hype dies for it.

Cause honestly, OP has a point. When everyone's hyping the manga to be a 20/10, when really its anywhere between a 5-10 depending how it hits ya. Really screws with how any new person can engage with it. Bottom line, stop acting like a bunch of cringetards giving chainsaw man a bad rep.

Cause I think Csm is a 10/10 but I can also see how it could be a 5/10, if you all actually like the series, don't be buthurt that someone aint into it.
Jul 11, 2022 9:41 AM
Aug 2020
pri_arts_ said:
denji started as alone and ended up alone that's when i felt connected with the charas , one by one everyone died

wow thanks forthe spoiler man, really appreciated it
Jul 11, 2022 9:42 AM
Jun 2021
part 1= action
part 2= emotion

part 1 was amazing so idk what your talking about but if you wanted more emotion that’s what part 2 is gonna bring so you’ll have to wait a bit
Jul 11, 2022 10:24 AM

Apr 2021
Then you could just ignore the anime and go on with your life. No need to be so pretentious by telling people to stop being hype for something they like.
Jul 11, 2022 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
DrBalls said:
Stopwatcinganime said:

So you just don't enjoy em, or do you have an actual reason?
I think I’d say both I like the 2nd half tho but still that doesn’t change my overall opinion also I find main character being a simp too much annoying(idc if he is a teenager or what)
Jul 11, 2022 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Gigamecha12 said:
its like anything else. Theres more there if ya wanna find it, but if ya don't dig it then there's nothing for ya really. Honestly I loved chainsaw man more before all these dog barking weirdo's got a hold of it. Its a great manga, but I also hope the hype dies for it.

Cause honestly, OP has a point. When everyone's hyping the manga to be a 20/10, when really its anywhere between a 5-10 depending how it hits ya. Really screws with how any new person can engage with it. Bottom line, stop acting like a bunch of cringetards giving chainsaw man a bad rep.

Cause I think Csm is a 10/10 but I can also see how it could be a 5/10, if you all actually like the series, don't be buthurt that someone aint into it.
Reply that has some sense in it(2)
Jul 11, 2022 12:03 PM

Aug 2020
Lmao.. this manga is more than just some mediocre action shit everybody makes it out to be. So much underlying messages to peel and savour but ofcourse, action is the only one thing folks can perceive

smh
Jul 11, 2022 12:07 PM
Mar 2021
You're complaining about weak characters and world building from your subjective opinion yet gave SnK a 10. As expected of an SnKtard and you aren't any better than an "actiontard".
cl0s3tweebJul 11, 2022 12:16 PM
Jul 11, 2022 12:42 PM
May 2021
Bro go touch grass, u know ur gonna get roasted in threads like this lmao.
Jul 11, 2022 1:49 PM

Jul 2021
Stopwatcinganime said:

the story is great, no filler, and very off-beat as far as modern shounen goes. sorry mans, i think you've just got an unfortunate case of bad taste disorder. the hype is totally justified if they adapt the manga well, and this is coming from someone who usually doesn't care for shounen or action-oriented anime. it genuinely has the potential to be THE shounen to beat going forward, it's just going to be a matter of MAPPA doing everything they can to make it a better adaptation than Dorohedoro was.
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Jul 11, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
3looming said:
Stopwatcinganime said:

the story is great, no filler, and very off-beat as far as modern shounen goes. sorry mans, i think you've just got an unfortunate case of bad taste disorder. the hype is totally justified if they adapt the manga well, and this is coming from someone who usually doesn't care for shounen or action-oriented anime. it genuinely has the potential to be THE shounen to beat going forward, it's just going to be a matter of MAPPA doing everything they can to make it a better adaptation than Dorohedoro was.
Thats what the majority thinks and I don’t have problem with that I just share my opinion and stop getting triggered with it by saying bad taste when it’s clearly a subjective thing.
removed-userJul 11, 2022 2:16 PM
Jul 11, 2022 4:21 PM
Oct 2017
'guys i didn't like this story so you shouldn't either, and if you do like it then you only like action and are not an intellectual like me'
Jul 11, 2022 5:14 PM
Jan 2022
pri_arts_ said:

You could've used the hide spoiler, but instead, you chose to spoil it for the people who want to watch the anime ( like me ) so, I really appreciate you doing that to me, and I'm forever grateful to you.
cherrimorreJul 11, 2022 5:20 PM
Jul 11, 2022 5:31 PM
Aug 2021
Sounds like a matter of personal taste
Jul 11, 2022 5:34 PM
Mar 2021
Stopwatcinganime said:

Csm is deeper than u think… Just look at some vids on ytb
Jul 11, 2022 6:42 PM
Apr 2021
Chainsaw Man deserves all the praise it gets, a true modern classic, the best shonen since Hunter X Hunter.
Jul 11, 2022 8:01 PM
Nov 2020
The most recent anime expo, it was said that CSM will have added anime only scenes to flesh out the characters a little better with the emotional scenes. I’m sure they will add this content without interrupting the flow and feel of CSM.
Jul 11, 2022 9:08 PM

Oct 2021
“You know what I think it’s a masterpiece which deserves all hype in the world and hailed as giga shounen action series .”
Jul 11, 2022 9:45 PM
Jun 2020
I wouldn’t even say the action is the best part of CSM. The characters for me are the driving force of it. The story is simple but effective and it’s got some underlying messages that can be interpreted in a few different ways which people love to discuss. The action is just icing on top of that
Jul 12, 2022 12:08 AM

Mar 2020
At least it’s better than Attack on Titan and JoJo
Jul 12, 2022 12:41 AM

Jan 2021
just stopwatchinganime smh my head
they deleted my signature again so i'm not making a new one
Jul 12, 2022 12:54 AM

Jan 2019
Stopwatcinganime said:

Ok dude, but what is the point of this?
Jul 12, 2022 3:02 AM

Aug 2019
Makima supremacy?
Jul 12, 2022 3:48 AM

Aug 2017
pri_arts_ said:
if u cant emotionally connect with them then okay ur one of those who thinks popular = bad ig and watch rare animes to stay cool in ur own mind
His favorites are jojo and aot. Trust me he does not like rare anime.
Jul 12, 2022 5:46 AM

Oct 2021
Don't act surprised that people are turning on you in this thread OP. You made a clickbait title to bait CSM fans into reading your post, only to then criticize it and question its popularity, obviously, this would have never worked in your favor.

A truly meaningless thread.
Jul 12, 2022 6:17 AM
Mar 2022
Eh I'm not gonna complain in someone's thread about CSM Manga, when they have AOT Manga as a 10
Jul 12, 2022 7:06 AM
Dec 2017
agree with u. I'm reading the manga and I think characterization is weak. I didn't connect to them or felt sad when they died. It's too fast. I like it cause it's interesting and have so much potential, but from building up the emotions and being fast, no.
Jul 12, 2022 10:41 AM
Mar 2021
Stopwatcinganime said:
Fuck you all weebs who are not able to digest someone opinion about a frikin cartoon and not just that what’s with AOT and jojo replies I don’t get the point of these replies idc if you don’t like these I’m not gonna argue with I like’em thats all I care about,
ha guess what I expect from the people who watch anime.

This has to be bait, but I'll bite. You shat on other people's taste by calling them "actiontards" when you're guilty of the same thing with AoT. You criticized CSM and berate others for not being able to digest your opinion, but can't handle criticism of the series you like.
Jul 12, 2022 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
cl0s3tweeb said:
Stopwatcinganime said:
Fuck you all weebs who are not able to digest someone opinion about a frikin cartoon and not just that what’s with AOT and jojo replies I don’t get the point of these replies idc if you don’t like these I’m not gonna argue with I like’em thats all I care about,
ha guess what I expect from the people who watch anime.

This has to be bait, but I'll bite. You shat on other people's taste by calling them "actiontards" when you're guilty of the same thing with AoT. You criticized CSM and berate others for not being able to digest your opinion, but can't handle criticism of the series you like.
If you think calling actiontard is an insult than what can I say to you I myself is an actiontard and when did calling ‘you have AOT in fav or jojo in fav’ or it’s better than AOT and jojo or you rate AOT 10 become criticism
Ha criticism my ass.

And just for info this is all my opinion i did not criticise it that’s why I used ‘I think’ in opening post.
Now fck you all weebs who don’t even know the difference between opinion and criticism

I’m not going to reply anymore I’m done with this.
removed-userJul 12, 2022 12:40 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1144 by SoloQue »»
Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.