Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2022 12:07 AM
Apr 2020
Did they speedrun the story or is it actually like this in the manga? The pacing seemed all over the place, so just wondering if its like this in the manga or they just adapted it like this.
Jan 9, 2022 12:28 AM
Aug 2021
NXT_2006 said:
Did they speedrun the story or is it actually like this in the manga? The pacing seemed all over the place, so just wondering if its like this in the manga or they just adapted it like this.
i am not sure but some comments on ep 1 said that it covered 7-8 chapters in one ep

I was surprised as hell...

But still i don't know if it's ture or not
Jan 9, 2022 12:31 AM
Apr 2020
Yash_Verma_dead said:
NXT_2006 said:
i am not sure but some comments on ep 1 said that it covered 7-8 chapters in one ep

Daamn either the chapters are short or they're rushing a lot
Jan 9, 2022 12:42 AM
Aug 2021
NXT_2006 said:
Yash_Verma_dead said:

the thing which we saw in the ep shows that the ep was rushed lol
Jan 9, 2022 2:13 AM

Apr 2016
And why would you ask manga readers ?
Jan 9, 2022 3:01 AM
Nov 2013
NXT_2006 said:

I encourage new viewers to read the manga instead. I'm still going to watch the anime regardless.
Jan 9, 2022 5:35 AM
Dec 2020
Swagernator said:
cuz they know what's the pace is! What are you even asking?
Jan 9, 2022 6:00 AM
Mar 2021
-Senku- said:
Swagernator said:

The people who read the source material would know better...
Jan 9, 2022 7:16 AM
Apr 2020
Nira_15 said:
NXT_2006 said:

I encourage new viewers to read the manga instead. I'm still going to watch the anime regardless.

Thanks for letting me know! Sucks that they did that tho... maybe I'll pick up the manga
Jan 9, 2022 7:55 AM
Apr 2021
I read the manga and they skipped quite a bunch of scenes.Episode 1 literally put 7 chapters.In the manga it didn't feel rushed cause they took some time to explain here and there.If you want a better explanation on what happen go read chapter 1-7 (Episode 1 stopped halfway through chapter 7)and I know the anime is adapting from the light novel.But I wonder why they put all that in the first episode.Plus I was really looking forward to seeing Matthias's older brother sigh
Jan 9, 2022 9:18 AM

Feb 2021
Better ask the WN readers than the manga readers lol….
Jan 9, 2022 1:13 PM
Aug 2015
W_eb06 said:
I read the manga and they skipped quite a bunch of scenes.Episode 1 literally put 7 chapters.In the manga it didn't feel rushed cause they took some time to explain here and there.If you want a better explanation on what happen go read chapter 1-7 (Episode 1 stopped halfway through chapter 7)and I know the anime is adapting from the light novel.But I wonder why they put all that in the first episode.Plus I was really looking forward to seeing Matthias's older brother sigh
I also expected Matty's older brother and more than anything the voice they would give him since in the manga Matty is arrogant since he was the wise Gaia The truth is that they did the first chapter very hastily. I'm going to keep watching and I'm going to look for the novel to see what it is like.
Jan 9, 2022 11:17 PM

Nov 2014
W_eb06 said:

yea, they skipped quite a lot of content compared to manga. basically this first episode show no character development at all, and show little amount of mc ability other than necessary.
taking into account of how much a story can fit into a single season of anime, my guess is that they want to focus on later part not the early part of story where usually character introduction and development takes place. as there is a lot of content the skipped. (they didn't even glossed it over either, just cut here - skip there and done. read manga and you will understand better of the story and his ability. at least the early part.)
Jan 11, 2022 11:20 AM
Jan 2018
-Senku- said:
Swagernator said:

Probably because the Light novel is the source Material
Jan 11, 2022 12:39 PM

May 2018
7-8 chapter of manga is 300-400 pages by the way
and Manga versions usually are already shortened versions of light novel so... lol
Jan 11, 2022 2:44 PM

Sep 2007
Yes they did. What's even worse, they butchered the tone manga was going for. I dunno about the LN but the manga adaptation is very light-hearted and genuinely funny (it has BACKGROUND JOKES ffs). There was not a single actual joke in episode 1 of the anime. Also anime went with the LN character designs that are generic AF. This is a terrible adaptation.

vanetzJan 11, 2022 2:49 PM
Jan 11, 2022 8:25 PM

Jul 2016
vanetz said:
Yes they did. What's even worse, they butchered the tone manga was going for. I dunno about the LN but the manga adaptation is very light-hearted and genuinely funny (it has BACKGROUND JOKES ffs). There was not a single actual joke in episode 1 of the anime. Also anime went with the LN character designs that are generic AF. This is a terrible adaptation.

also seemed to put a lot more focus into Matty x Ruri than the manga.

The manga imo kinda lightly touches Matty’s interest in Ruri, whereas Ruri’s is very clear, but episode 1 had him literally constantly getting flustered when he’s usually very cool and stoic.

Ep 1 skips straight from him casting Reincarnation to the end of Chapter 3.
Chapters aren’t short in the manga. Usually one chapter is around 60 pages.
They’re literally speedrunning the story.

I was extremely excited for this, as I’ve been following the manga for a couple of years now, but now I’m just disappointed. I’ll continue the anime to the end, but it’ll probably he a 5-6 rating based off what I just saw versus a high 7 for the manga.
Jan 13, 2022 1:17 PM

Sep 2007
TheWeebReport said:

I dunno about that, I guess manga just didn't focus on it too much, Matty is basically confused at first, then figures that he's in a teenager's body and accepts it, then it's just relegated to background gags (which I found nice TBH)

TheWeebReport said:
I was extremely excited for this, as I’ve been following the manga for a couple of years now, but now I’m just disappointed. I’ll continue the anime to the end, but it’ll probably he a 5-6 rating based off what I just saw versus a high 7 for the manga.

I thought of dropping it after 1 episode, but I guess I'll give it 3 episodes. The other isekai series I was excited for (She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man) turned out to be a similar disappointment. I have nothing else to watch this season except Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru (which is fantastic) :/
Jan 13, 2022 1:24 PM

Jul 2016
vanetz said:
TheWeebReport said:

I dunno about that, I guess manga just didn't focus on it too much, Matty is basically confused at first, then figures that he's in a teenager's body and accepts it, then it's just relegated to background gags (which I found nice TBH)

TheWeebReport said:

I thought of dropping it after 1 episode, but I guess I'll give it 3 episodes. The other isekai series I was excited for (She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man) turned out to be a similar disappointment. I have nothing else to watch this season except Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru (which is fantastic) :/

Exactly. Background gags. Not Matty blushing his ass off every 30 seconds when he looks at her lol. He acknowledges her beauty in the manga and definitely has interest throughout, but it seems a lot more pronounced in the anime, and I’m worried they’ll try and use it as a hook for the anime-only crew.
I’ll watch it all the way to the end, but I’m def bummed.

Same here with Pupil of the Wise Man.

Sono Bisque is fantastic tho.

Fantasy Bishoujo is gonna be a solid romcom, so look into that.

Pretty certain Sasaki to Miyano will also be good.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but I wanted to drop you some recommendations.
Jan 14, 2022 12:58 AM

Jul 2011
Tbf a bunch of the so called 'content' is exposition as well.
Jan 14, 2022 3:19 AM
Apr 2021
I read the manga sometime last year and I just watched episode 1 and it was one of the weirdest anime adaptations I have seen. They skipped so much so fast that it felt like it was more of a rapid-fire recap montage of the first half of a season than the first episode. It just didn't flow well or make sense. They also changed the tone of the show. Really bizarre choices. It was already a fairly generic isekai, they didn't need to go out of their way to make it worse.
Jan 15, 2022 12:08 PM

Feb 2019
It’s a LN not a manga.
Jan 22, 2022 10:07 AM
Oct 2009
Anyway anime is as good as fine, barely passing. Nothing special, can skip it, won't lose anything.
Jan 22, 2022 3:25 PM

Nov 2009
Marinate1016 said:
It’s a LN not a manga.

There's also a manga.

Majority of ppls tends to read Manga over Novels. Hence the reason why most comparison in anime forum is with manga before novels.

___ ___ ___

And as said, the anime is rushed, so it's missing a lot of story/ lore/ character development.

And it's also the reason why a lot of people are just skipping the series as the anime is pretty much only showing generic Isekai settings.

Stuff that's "boring" but gives setting development are skipped.

Why they're skipping, no one really knows, but there are multiple reasons.

Such as:

Stuffing everything into one season.

The anime acts as a Promo for the Manga/ Novel.

Or trying to go with the past Isekai series pace of faster actions, which apparently Japan ppls likes... As can be seen that Isekai series are extremely popular in Japan. Especially ones with OP MCs and fast actions.
amlgJan 22, 2022 3:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 22, 2022 5:28 PM

Feb 2019
amlg said:
Marinate1016 said:
It’s a LN not a manga.

There's also a manga.

Majority of ppls tends to read Manga over Novels. Hence the reason why most comparison in anime forum is with manga before novels.

___ ___ ___

And as said, the anime is rushed, so it's missing a lot of story/ lore/ character development.

And it's also the reason why a lot of people are just skipping the series as the anime is pretty much only showing generic Isekai settings.

Such as:

Or trying to go with the past Isekai series pace of faster actions, which apparently Japan ppls likes... As can be seen that Isekai series are extremely popular in Japan. Especially ones with OP MCs and fast actions.

No one cares about the manga tho it’s not the source material whether or not you prefer to read it is irrelevant. Pacing would be based on the LN not the manga. And LNs are infinitely better too btw.
Jan 23, 2022 12:54 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
amlg said:

There's also a manga.

___ ___ ___

Such as:

No one cares about the manga tho it’s not the source material whether or not you prefer to read it is irrelevant. Pacing would be based on the LN not the manga. And LNs are infinitely better too btw.

1. Then if the pacing of the anime was based of the LN then the Light novel sucks at pacing.
2. The Manga is another adaptation of the original source material. So it is an accurate thing to compare another Adaptation to.
3. I bought the manga cause the LN isn't available where i was at at the time. So i care for the manga.
4. Saying that LN are infinitely better is just your skew opinion and is no different them putting people doen for their tastes.
Jan 23, 2022 12:57 AM

Feb 2019
Zebrasus said:
Marinate1016 said:

1. Then if the pacing of the anime was based of the LN then the Light novel sucks at pacing.
2. The Manga is another adaptation of the original source material. So it is an accurate thing to compare another Adaptation to.
3. I bought the manga cause the LN isn't available where i was at at the time. So i care for the manga.
4. Saying that LN are infinitely better is just your skew opinion and is no different them putting people doen for their tastes.

1: just because the anime is an adaptation of the LN doesn’t mean it’s a good one.. that is an illogical statement to say that the pacing of the LN must be bad because the anime did it poorly. Sao?? Arifureta?? Examples of well paced LNs with awful anime adaptions.

4:I am putting em down.
Jan 23, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2018
Zebrasus said:
Marinate1016 said:

I agree with you 100%
Jan 23, 2022 4:06 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
Zebrasus said:

1: just because the anime is an adaptation of the LN doesn’t mean it’s a good one.. that is an illogical statement to say that the pacing of the LN must be bad because the anime did it poorly. Sao?? Arifureta?? Examples of well paced LNs with awful anime adaptions.

1. Whoosh. That was sarcasm. It was designed to point out how stupid your original comment was.
4. A yes a gatekeeper. Should i bow to your mightiness cause you can read a LN. O wait i don't cause i read them too. guess im on the same high horse as you except i also buy Original language LNs directly from stores and read them. Its dumb to think that one medium is better than another. Alot of times i read the LN the read the Manga cause some LN have way to many tangents that never pertain to the story.
Jan 23, 2022 10:44 AM

Feb 2019
I’m not reading
Zebrasus said:
Marinate1016 said:

1. Whoosh. That was sarcasm. It was designed to point out how stupid your original comment was.
4. A yes a gatekeeper. Should i bow to your mightiness cause you can read a LN. O wait i don't cause i read them too. guess im on the same high horse as you except i also buy Original language LNs directly from stores and read them. Its dumb to think that one medium is better than another. Alot of times i read the LN the read the Manga cause some LN have way to many tangents that never pertain to the story.

I’m not reading all that ngl and I cba arguing with manga adaptation readers. Have a good one.
Jan 24, 2022 6:12 AM
Oct 2016
Marinate1016 said:
I’m not reading
Zebrasus said:

I’m not reading all that ngl and I cba arguing with manga adaptation readers. Have a good one.
Marinate1016 said:
I’m not reading
Zebrasus said:

Good bye then btw i read the light novel on this one also. Just prefer manga adaptations
Jan 28, 2022 7:07 AM
Apr 2021
NXT_2006 said:

no, it's not like that in the manga...I recommend that you abandon the anime and go read the work, the anime is sad
Jan 28, 2022 7:08 AM
Apr 2021
NXT_2006 said:
Yash_Verma_dead said:

they are going really fast, they killed the work
Feb 12, 2022 4:36 PM

Jan 2009
Gonna be honest, even the manga kinda feels rushed, and matteus comes off as alot less likable in the manga (think his anime counterpart with more prideful boasting).

Probably the biggest problem with this one though is that it skips the prequel series, which explains a few things in better detail, matteus's odd friendship with iris and the implied origin of demons and monsters.
Also as far as i know, demons are always chaotic evil, iris is technically a monster, just a absurdly powerful and intelligent one, even most dragons are jerks in the series.
Feb 13, 2022 1:54 AM

Jul 2017
NXT_2006 said:
Tip: when the source is a Light Novel, ask the LN fans. Manga adaptations of LNs are not the best representation of a show since they cut out context, though it's easier to understand on a visual scale if you're not the kind of person who likes wordy works.

But then again, to answer your question, yeah...they rushed it.

More topics from this board

» Will we get a Sequel?

IndienRock - Oct 7

12 by diamondd24 »»
Oct 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

62 by JugNut001 »»
Aug 24, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2022

34 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

55 by saidlah03 »»
Jul 17, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.