Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 22, 2022 8:03 AM
Dec 2020
Just like the title says i find this anime to be underappreciated. I can elaborate if needed to.
Jan 22, 2022 8:06 AM
Feb 2016
Im confused it got hyped up quite a bit at the Release and the rating is 8.28 that’s pretty good!
Jan 22, 2022 8:10 AM
Oct 2017
I personally thought it was mid, had some good moments but kinda average at best
Jan 22, 2022 8:14 AM

Aug 2020
I mean it has a pretty high score, and I've not really seen anyone who hasn't liked it so far, but yeah it's definitely a great show
Call me Ren
Jan 22, 2022 8:15 AM
May 2021
I loved it all the way through! The characters were lovable and funny (also had some great badass moments) and the overall style was really fun to watch and unique, at least from what I had experienced at that point in time. Thanks for giving this anime some appreciation!
Jan 22, 2022 8:21 AM

Apr 2020
I'm always amazed at the amount of topics talking about how this or that 8+ average score anime, which was openly praised back when it was airing, is underrated or underappeciated in some way.

I mean, yeah, people are not talking about it NOW, but that's par the course of this era, when more and more shows get pumped out than ever before.
Jan 22, 2022 10:12 AM
Mar 2021
It was a blast I'm just really disappointed with the ending.
Jan 22, 2022 11:15 AM
Jan 2021
All I saw were ppl calling it mid on instagram and I decided to go watch it after a friend suggested it. It really blew me away with everything, art, music, story. I don’t really think it’s under appreciated though.
Jan 22, 2022 2:04 PM
Jan 2022
The characters are just so good that I actually got invested in them and the overarching story, which I think just ended up being a mistake, cause the ending dropped the ball so hard lol. Can't say I'm dying to recommend it to anyone. Entertaining and aesthetically pleasing, but I think it makes sense why it's not really "talked about" more.
Jan 22, 2022 2:14 PM

Jul 2019
Menternor said:
I'm always amazed at the amount of topics talking about how this or that 8+ average score anime, which was openly praised back when it was airing, is underrated or underappeciated in some way.

I mean, yeah, people are not talking about it NOW, but that's par the course of this era, when more and more shows get pumped out than ever before.

It's basically like people of today started to give negative sentiment to certain series.

Jan 22, 2022 3:28 PM
Mar 2020
Damn it’s been a while since I’ve heard anyone talk about this anime. The last time I did hear someone talk about it, there ratings were 8.4 so it has fallen off a bit. Probably the people who didn’t like the last 2 episodes.

Anyway, this anime isn’t under-appreciated, the ratings prove that. It’s just not popular/underwatched so you don’t hear people talk about it that much, but they definitely enjoy it from what it seems.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 22, 2022 3:34 PM
Dec 2020
MeVike said:
Damn it’s been a while since I’ve heard anyone talk about this anime. The last time I did hear someone talk about it, there ratings were 8.4 so it has fallen off a bit. Probably the people who didn’t like the last 2 episodes.

Anyway, this anime isn’t under-appreciated, the ratings prove that. It’s just not popular/underwatched so you don’t hear people talk about it that much, but they definitely enjoy it from what it seems.
It being not talked about makes it under appreciated dawg ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฟ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Jan 22, 2022 3:38 PM
Mar 2020
Underated00 said:
MeVike said:

Not necessarily. Being unpopular makes it not being talked a lot. You can’t say it’s under appreciated when you the average person on Mal give it a 8+ rating. It’s not under appreciated. It’s under watched.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 22, 2022 7:15 PM
Jan 2022
MeVike said:
Underated00 said:

Not necessarily. Being unpopular makes it not being talked a lot. You can’t say it’s under appreciated when you the average person on Mal give it a 8+ rating. It’s not under appreciated. It’s under watched.

Arguing over semantics. I'd personally say "under-appreciated" and "under-watched" can mean the same thing. If they've said "underrated" then I'd disagree. Doesn't matter though, we understand what OP is saying is just that the show should have a larger following. In that discussion, I agree with your original comment. The last two episodes really just soured so much of what the show had built to that point that I just don't find I want to talk about or recommend the show to anyone. It's like Game of Thrones, to a much smaller scale. If you followed the fallout of the finale, you'd have seen so many people saying that, as great as the first few seasons were, they didn't find any desire to revisit them anymore because they now knew how shit the payoff to it was.
Jan 22, 2022 10:01 PM
Dec 2020
Most people watched this think this is good,its unpopular not underated

And for why its unpopular,bc a large number of anime watcher still only follows whats trendong now and hardly ever look back in the past,and in the rare case they do,they only go back to watch prequel or those that is still popular till today

Most original popularity will only last until the end of it release year unless if it able to score 8.7+ on MAL or done something revolutionary which both GP didnt do
DinxamaJan 22, 2022 10:05 PM
Jan 26, 2022 4:38 PM
Dec 2020
It’s not. Many arcs had plot twists that came out of nowhere with 0 foreshadowing or prior explanation. All of the sudden we’re just supposed to accept that x person was on their team all along. And it’s like that for literally every arc. The best part of the anime was the animation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Jun 1, 2020

114 by notDelta »»
Jul 1, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Sep 20, 2020

60 by ANIk_003 »»
Jul 1, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 18 Discussion

43 by xspookydarknessx »»
Jun 26, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 17 Discussion

39 by RawrOMG »»
Jun 12, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Great Pretender Episode 16 Discussion

31 by RawrOMG »»
Jun 8, 6:42 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.