Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 10, 2021 4:40 PM
May 2021
Yes I know it’s not as good as the manga but it was still an amazing anime this season. It’s relatable on so many levels if you’re a student or have attended school fairly recently. It was also nice coming home every Friday after a long week of school and ending it off with Blue Period. Gonna miss that feeling. I hope it gets S2 sooner rather than later.

What are your overall thoughts on the anime?
Dec 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Jul 2021
I think it will get a season 2 but I'm hoping for a studio change. If no studio change, then I would just read the manga only.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 11, 2021 6:39 AM

Jul 2017
Nah, not optimistic at all.

Concerning that Netflix is the main licensee for the show, they can do whatever they want.

And forget about asking KyoAni to adapt a manga like this.
Dec 11, 2021 8:01 AM

Apr 2018
Hopefully not.
They've already adapted half of the manga so what's the point of rushing the second half.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 11, 2021 8:07 AM
Jan 2020
If they change the Studio. After this, I have no hopes for the Mato Seihei no Slave adaptation.
Dec 11, 2021 8:26 AM

Sep 2015
As an anime only, for me it was pretty great. Very satisfying. Never thought I would get so happy for a fictional character passing an art exam.
Dec 11, 2021 8:43 AM
Jun 2019
I hope we get a 2nd season. I also hope we get a good studio to do it next time
Hi
Dec 11, 2021 8:59 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
shiro_kai said:
As an anime only, for me it was pretty great. Very satisfying. Never thought I would get so happy for a fictional character passing an art exam.

+1 on this. Manga readers need to chill the f*ck out and stop judging an anime for what it's not and only for what it is.
Dec 11, 2021 10:43 AM
Mar 2021
Lionel13927 said:
shiro_kai said:

+1 on this. Manga readers need to chill the f*ck out and stop judging an anime for what it's not and only for what it is.

It's really bad, the animation is average at best and they just chop out the whole manga, they cut so many scenes, important scenes, and mess completely the pace, who would like an adaptation like this? The manga simply deserved better. There was so much potential in the story, the fact that people liked it despite being this way shows it, but the end result was just mediocre. The only good things were the op and ed, and maybe the VAs.

It's simply frustrating in the same way as watching some shitty live action of a show you like.

Honestly I would have preferred to wait 2 or 3 years for a good adaptation, no, even longer. I hope they really change the studio for the season two (if there is any).
Dec 11, 2021 11:00 AM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
MMMCMXVII said:
Lionel13927 said:

It's really bad, the animation is average at best and they just chop out the whole manga, they cut so many scenes, important scenes, and mess completely the pace, who would like an adaptation like this? The manga simply deserved better. There was so much potential in the story, the fact that people liked it despite being this way shows it, but the end result was just mediocre. The only good things were the op and ed, and maybe the VAs.

It's simply frustrating in the same way as watching some shitty live action of a show you like.

Honestly I would have preferred to wait 2 or 3 years for a good adaptation, no, even longer. I hope they really change the studio for the season two (if there is any).

Well, I'm sorry I'll put it rudely like this, but... It's your own fault for having read the manga and having expectations beforehand, not the studio's. I solve this problem by rarely reading any manga or other original source. From my anime-only point of view, both the art and the pace are fine.
Dec 11, 2021 11:13 AM

May 2020
Nothing wrong in having hopes but chances are really very low.
Dec 11, 2021 11:25 AM
Nov 2020
haven't finished yet (i watch it on Netflix) but i'd say it was the most refreshng anime this season. hopefully a sequel in the next years. As usual, manga readers are bitching. Any adaptation not made by a mainstream studio like Mappa or their beloved KyoAni ain't "good". So i checked out the manga and didn't find anyhing that amazing compared to the anime. The art is kinda average for a manga about art and the character design remains bland. My only problem with the anime was the pacing in the early episodes but they made up for it later.
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Dec 11, 2021 11:39 AM
Jan 2021
it was something completely different and original!!! I hope a second season comes out!!!
Dec 11, 2021 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
my hot take as a manga reader is that this wasn't as terrible as many people make it out to be. adaption-wise, yeah it was a little rough. there are plenty of dialogue moments that i wish were included and the pacing and animation was often clunky. maybe a different studio would have handled it better - but i think they still did a decent job telling the story.

i won't lie, i was pretty disappointed early on by the adaption so i did end up lowering my expectations. however, i also have the joy of experiencing the anime with an anime-only watcher.

i've been watching the japanese release, but i've also been watching the netflix releases with a friend. and seeing their reactions to the series has been eye opening because they don't have the same expectations i had going into the series. they are having a great time watching the anime. it's honestly allowed me to step back and enjoy it lot more with these later episodes.

do i think the manga is better? Yes, and i definitely encourage people to check it out! But the anime is introducing many more to this wonderful series and i'm super excited & thankful for that!

i'd watch a season 2 if they decided to make one!
Dec 11, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2021
chance for season 2 is depending on many factors . but they already have enough material for season 2 , they just need to change the pacing and drag season 2 out a little .

some other anime adapts only 3 volumes of a manga with 12 episodes .
daywithoutgamesDec 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Dec 11, 2021 2:59 PM

Nov 2019
I don't want a S2 with this type of robotic adaptation. Most of the second half was good though, but the final episode lacked the drive to display the sheer emotional catharsis Yatora and the viewer has reached.
They just... "showed" things. And it felt soulless for the most part. It's not even a question of skipping or rushing things. It's just going through the motions. Like, lets colour a easily animate-able version of manga art and make the pictures move. Even music is lacking. Luckily they didn't forget to capture the facial expressions of the characters, or the last piece of "heart" would be missing.

I feel someone with a deeper understanding/love/care of the core values of Blue Period should have been given the project. However, even that fails if the production issues take over. There's also the question of creativity and ingenuity behind the team. But they have resorted to cookie-cutter techniques and it kinda is deteriorating for this type of show.

Still happy for those who enjoyed it. You can say reading the manga made me biased, but I started reading only after feeling dissatisfied after first 4 episodes.

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Dec 11, 2021 11:55 PM

Sep 2019
This anime is far too relatable for me. And it was a great watch, i'd say. There were only two anime i watch this season and i will probably miss blue period the most. Waiting for a new episode weekly and seeing yatora progress on the exam step by step is very inspiring. It reminds me why i love anime in the first place. And i even read the manga up to date after the chapter which the anime left off (the anime ended at ch25) and it was a good read. Dunno whats the difference between anime and manga aside from the animation being mediocre. But i dont really care about it. The anime is good on its own. Now that i've finished completing the anime and reading the latest manga chapter i don't have the energy to start reading it from the beginning all over again. So i'll just forget about the first 25 chapters of the manga and would never bother to read it. I dont care what differences it may have but the manga is good. So do give it a try after you finished the anime.

My impression of the anime is a bit mixed. For the most part i like yaguchi and hate yotasuke with passion. No joke, i really hate him. Even though yaguchi admire him i don't really enjoy any of their dialogues. But he does help yaguchi progress in the story. That much i understand. But sometimes yotasuke is just annoying and i want to erase him from existence. Yaguchi is also a likeable character but sometimes tend to overthink and belittle himself. It's too much and unbearable sometimes. But when he does come to terms with his troubles it does feel satisfying. There aren't much to say about the other characters and they get little to no development aside from ryuuji. It was mostly good at least.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Dec 12, 2021 12:03 AM
Jul 2021
the animation is pretty average and huge parts necessary for build up from the manga was removed. Probably my biggest disappointment this season
Dec 12, 2021 1:33 AM
Dec 2020
i read both the manga and anime, and i think it's pretty good, the dialogue from reiko yoshida is very good, yatora's VA is so talented, and i cry whenever I hear the ending theme starts playing. Mmmm however s1 adapts half of the manga, i hope they wouldn't rush to adapt season 2 that quickly.
Dec 12, 2021 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
It can have a second season, probably sooner... Who knows.

I enjoyed it by a bit. Gonna get boosted if the art held up, though I really don't mind it for comparisons.
Dec 12, 2021 1:58 AM
Mar 2021
Hoping that it's going to gets good second season
Dec 12, 2021 2:00 AM
Mar 2021
Hoping that it's going to get a great second season
Dec 12, 2021 2:27 AM
May 2021
Lionel13927 said:
MMMCMXVII said:

Well, I'm sorry I'll put it rudely like this, but... It's your own fault for having read the manga and having expectations beforehand, not the studio's. I solve this problem by rarely reading any manga or other original source. From my anime-only point of view, both the art and the pace are fine.

this. i read the manga and yes, there were some lines and scenes skipped and the art couldve been better in the anime but i dont consider it a big deal and i genuinely enjoyed the anime so much, that is the reason why i even picked up this manga in the first place. I felt so invested in the story and loved ending the week by watching a new episode, it was genuinely so enjoyable.
Dec 12, 2021 9:20 AM
Mar 2020
having high hopes for chances on s2 adaptation and the art is very good the story and everything and i might goin into the manga
Dec 12, 2021 10:15 AM
Nov 2020
Lionel13927 said:
shiro_kai said:

Truer words have never been spoken. 100% agree
Jan 27, 2022 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
No thanks, I mean yes it's a pleasant experience. But I've seen "Given, Kono Oto Tomare, Piano no Mori, Mashiro no Oto and the motherload of them all Yuri on Ice".
I don't mind more anime "like these", but not more "of the already existing ones", their stories have been told and I'm satisfied, so let's not.
Jun 13, 2022 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
insider sources revealed s2 is just as good as confirmed by q3 of the year after next.
Jun 14, 2022 5:28 AM
Feb 2016
It was pretty bad. I dont want a s2 from the same studio. they rushed through it and adapted half the manga. btw the manga is like bi monthly and 40+ pages each chapter. all that adapted in only 12 episodes. anime looks lifeless most of the time. some moments were decent but most of it was pretty cringe with no emotion

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Dec 10, 2021

134 by huacraft »»
May 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

124 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2021

143 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2021

219 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 29, 2021

49 by Kayo_fujinuma »»
Apr 27, 1:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.