Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 17, 2021 7:33 AM

Jun 2021
We're in half way of this anime...So personally would you say this is a pretty good anime or nah?
Bruh-__-Nov 17, 2021 8:25 AM
Nov 17, 2021 7:46 AM
Aug 2018
To be honest it's not bad at all! Tackles mature storylines, when it comes to the action it's animated pretty well and the script is tight, fast paced and the MC isn't acting like a hero of justice, shounen protagonist. The female characters are probably going to be handled as the MCs love interests and nothing more but we are only half way thru I guess.
Nov 17, 2021 8:05 AM
Apr 2020
Personally, The Anime Is Decent For Me.

As Expected Of Most Isekai Anime, Cold, Flawless MC, Who Attracts A Lot Of Girls.

Everything Goes Extremely Well, Without Any Difficulty At All.
Nov 17, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2021
i think it’s pretty good. way better than i thought it would be for sure. the fella above me said it too, but i’m glad he’s not some generic mc. it’s covered some mature parts of the story without making it ecchi, which i appreciate.
Nov 17, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2021
it has actually been one of my favourites this season
I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT
Nov 17, 2021 9:59 AM

Jan 2020
Expected it to be way worse, but it's actually pretty good for an OP MC isekai!
Nov 17, 2021 10:34 AM
Nov 2021
Are we all going to IGNORE the fact that MC who is nearly OP , blessed with such gifts/skills , a guy who if wanted could have wiped out this entire gang of corrupted royals who were kidnapping & mistreating girls for 2 years ( 2 years??.....there is no chance he wasn't aware of situations of those poor girls otherwise he is the DUMBEST assassins in the world) .......but he chooses not to intervene. why?.....cause he needed a PAWN in his squad.

Okay, he can't directly interfere as he can risk blowing his cover....still there could have a thousand ways to handle the situation. (again I m saying.....there's no way he wasn't aware of this misdeed in the town)
Am I being too emotional......if yes , then the writer shouldn't use such sensitive topics if he gonna handle them so poorly with no proper justice.

i may like the anime....but cant say the same about MC. A total A$$hole
Nov 17, 2021 10:50 AM

Nov 2016
It's pretty enjoyable for a blatant power fantasy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2021 11:01 AM

Jan 2021
It started alright but each episode has pushed it towards generic territory, the Harem is icing on the Generic cake.
Nov 17, 2021 12:13 PM

Sep 2018
Would have settled for this being my trash watch of the season.

Then I started thinking it's "not bad at all"

But now I recon it's actually pretty entertaining.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Nov 17, 2021 12:19 PM

Jun 2021
It's very generic, but it's competent. Competency alone makes it better than a lot of isekai.
Nov 17, 2021 12:38 PM

Feb 2008
It's not terrible but it's far from good. There's no real conflict in this show. All we know is that Lugh has an objective and he's getting stronger in order to achieve it, but it feels like there are no stakes. One reason is that the goddess seems to be picking up randos to complete a task that I don't think she really gives a damn about. I'm supported in this by the goddess picking up a fucking MC and thinking that the man would be able to slay the hero with rhymes.Another reason comes from Lugh having zero issues accomplishing anything. So far the worst thing that has happened to him post reincarnation has been morning wood.
Nov 17, 2021 2:33 PM
Nov 2018
It is good. It is entertaining and that's all I want from it. Animation, music and voice acting are good, characters are somewhat interesting and their actions make sense. It is clearly distinct from usual "I got reincarnated and things are going very well for me" isekay (Shinka no Mi is a good example).

There are some weird elements, like "noble assassin family". Nothing like that ever existed because this is not how balance of power in feudal society works. If royal family tried to use something like that to control nobles the royals would be eliminated by nobles together with "noble assassins". Well, whatever. Let's say nobles accept it for some reason.

SpikeTerra said:
It's not terrible but it's far from good. There's no real conflict in this show. All we know is that Lugh has an objective and he's getting stronger in order to achieve it, but it feels like there are no stakes. One reason is that the goddess seems to be picking up randos to complete a task that I don't think she really gives a damn about. I'm supported in this by the goddess picking up a fucking MC and thinking that the man would be able to slay the hero with rhymes.Another reason comes from Lugh having zero issues accomplishing anything. So far the worst thing that has happened to him post reincarnation has been morning wood.

According to Goddess 18 years after his reincarnation the world will be destroyed. Pretty high stakes, it doesn't get much higher. He has 18 years to prepare starting at 0, no wonder he is not looking for extra troubles and diligently prepares for the task. Zero issues - you seem to forget about the whole "kill the hero" thing, it is a huge issue and he is not ready yet.

Goddess prepares for this event literally for decades, she clearly does give a damn about it. Not all her efforts are fruitful but her task is not simple. Heroes are strong, they are legendary beings.

The idea that there must be a conflict for show to be good is rather weird. The show must be entertaining, that's all that counts. How it is achieved is secondary.
Nov 17, 2021 3:20 PM

Feb 2008
FreezePeach said:

Goddess prepares for this event literally for decades, she clearly does give a damn about it. Not all her efforts are fruitful but her task is not simple. Heroes are strong, they are legendary beings.

The idea that there must be a conflict for show to be good is rather weird. The show must be entertaining, that's all that counts. How it is achieved is secondary.

The goddess cosplays every time she summons a new hero, she's never serious and might I remind you, she summoned a rapper. She really seems to be just doing this for fun and that's why she is the best part of this show.

As for the hero, all we know is that they have 30 S tier skills and will kill the demon king. That's it, and I find that to be really hard to build stakes around as the hero has been barely mentioned through out the seven episodes we have been shown.

All in all, I think this show is fine.
SpikeTerraNov 17, 2021 3:23 PM
Nov 17, 2021 6:21 PM

Jun 2021
Yeah, Lugh isn't exactly rushing to find the hero or anything. Yes, everything he does prepares him for the confrontation, but he doesn't act like he's under a serious time limit. He barely even mentions it because he's too busy focusing on tasks at hand - which he pretty much dominates anyway. He's just level-grinding.

The isekai angle feels pretty wasted because so far, all it's done is give him the opportunity to be better at everyone and know everything. There's been almost no struggles with him adjusting to different lives. He's supposed to be manipulating his harem into being his minions, but it feels no different than any other isekai harem in practice.

The premise is good and seeing assassins in action is pretty fun. But this show's about as deep as a puddle.
Nov 17, 2021 11:26 PM
Nov 2018
SpikeTerra said:
FreezePeach said:

The goddess cosplays every time she summons a new hero, she's never serious and might I remind you, she summoned a rapper. She really seems to be just doing this for fun and that's why she is the best part of this show.

As for the hero, all we know is that they have 30 S tier skills and will kill the demon king. That's it, and I find that to be really hard to build stakes around as the hero has been barely mentioned through out the seven episodes we have been shown.

All in all, I think this show is fine.

Why wouldn't goddess cosplay? It doesn't mean she is not serious. Is she supposed to wear a business suit for you to decide that she is serious? She send hundreds of people after the hero over decades and monitors their progress, she couldn't be more serious. She is clearly concerned.

Also, the rapper is not necessarily useless. She sends hundreds of people against the single target, if rapper just manage to be annoying for the hero he already worths 2 minutes she spent on him.

The complaint about the hero doesn't make much sense. We know about the hero what Goddess decided to tell us about him and there is no way to get anything more. For all we know he is not in the world yet. It doesn't mean that the threat is not real. I didn't read the LN/manga but just from the opening the Gogdess doesn't look like a friendly character and the hero is completely absent. The Goddess unlikely to tell the whole truth and why would she? She has her plans and pawns don't need to know everything.

Nothing is wrong here. There is no reason why show has to give us more information about the hero than available to MC or build up tension around him. Tension is sufficient, it is the end of the world in a few years.

You find it hard to build stakes - well, first, the stakes are clearly high so it is weird. And second, the story doesn't need "high stakes" to be entertaining. Someone mentioned that story is not through the 1st volume yet and there are already 6 published. It would be pretty dumb to insert a midboss battle every couple of episodes to keep "high stakes".
Nov 18, 2021 7:16 AM

Feb 2008
FreezePeach said:

You find it hard to build stakes - well, first, the stakes are clearly high so it is weird. And second, the story doesn't need "high stakes" to be entertaining. Someone mentioned that story is not through the 1st volume yet and there are already 6 published. It would be pretty dumb to insert a midboss battle every couple of episodes to keep "high stakes".

To be honest, I think I'm expecting too much from a generic isekai. I was thinking of dropping this after episode 2 because I hate Lugh as a character. But episode 3 for the most part was really solid at compelling me to keep going. It fooled me into thinking that this series would him developing as a character. Which is great cause episodes 4-7 has got rid of any of those notions cause he's still the same shitty person he was in his previous world. I hear he develops in the books but I don't know if I would stick around for a second season. The world's pretty generic and the characters aren't really that interesting. But the art is really nice and there's only like 5 episodes, so I'll keep watching.
Nov 18, 2021 8:15 AM

Sep 2018
Gwenpool said:

The premise is good and seeing assassins in action is pretty fun. But this show's about as deep as a puddle.

Which is the perfect depth for a show that has clearly set out to be that way.

There are plenty of shows I can't watch for all the relentless lecturing, this one is pleasingly dumb fun.

Nov 18, 2021 9:33 AM

Oct 2008
Aomine251 said:
Are we all going to IGNORE the fact that MC who is nearly OP , blessed with such gifts/skills , a guy who if wanted could have wiped out this entire gang of corrupted royals who were kidnapping & mistreating girls for 2 years ( 2 years??.....there is no chance he wasn't aware of situations of those poor girls otherwise he is the DUMBEST assassins in the world) .......but he chooses not to intervene. why?.....cause he needed a PAWN in his squad.

Okay, he can't directly interfere as he can risk blowing his cover....still there could have a thousand ways to handle the situation. (again I m saying.....there's no way he wasn't aware of this misdeed in the town)
Am I being too emotional......if yes , then the writer shouldn't use such sensitive topics if he gonna handle them so poorly with no proper justice.

i may like the anime....but cant say the same about MC. A total A$$hole

Yes, because you are a bot account! just post the same with your real ACC (because you have one otherwise you wouldn't know the forums in a few mins.) and we can take your posts seriously!
Fake bot acc!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Nov 18, 2021 9:53 AM

Oct 2008
Definitely one of the best this season! For an isekai is pretty good, despite having magic and everything (that can be a shock for the one that has been reincarnated) it is based a lot on the natural (non-magic) skills of each person since not many people have magic.
This combined with a professional assassin and his new slice of life, while he still has an important mission to fulfill, it turn out to be awesome!

The best part is not him adapting to this world but him adapting this world to his past life skills (new cooking for his nutrition, creating known weapons with the use of magic and not using magic as a weapon, using his skill on persons like he would do in his normal past world). The actual unchanging methodology of his action is the thing that makes this anime unique and very much appreciated by the audience.
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Nov 18, 2021 10:15 AM
Nov 2018
SpikeTerra said:
FreezePeach said:

To be honest, I think I'm expecting too much from a generic isekai. I was thinking of dropping this after episode 2 because I hate Lugh as a character. But episode 3 for the most part was really solid at compelling me to keep going. It fooled me into thinking that this series would him developing as a character. Which is great cause episodes 4-7 has got rid of any of those notions cause he's still the same shitty person he was in his previous world. I hear he develops in the books but I don't know if I would stick around for a second season. The world's pretty generic and the characters aren't really that interesting. But the art is really nice and there's only like 5 episodes, so I'll keep watching.

So, you wasn't honest before and all your previous comments were an elaborate ruse? And I thought your previous comments were strange. Well, your preferences in isekai don't really concern me. Drop it, keep watching, it makes no difference.
Nov 18, 2021 6:00 PM

Aug 2021
I am at episode 3.. and other than his mentor being a little kid (no spoilers please) I had not complaints .. I loved the op song ,loved the character intro in ep1 , also liked the strory pacing , progression , blend of comedy and dark isekai vibes , I have high hopes for this one
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Nov 18, 2021 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
FreezePeach said:
]
So, you wasn't honest before and all your previous comments were an elaborate ruse? And I thought your previous comments were strange. Well, your preferences in isekai don't really concern me. Drop it, keep watching, it makes no difference.

Okay I wasn't lying with my other posts, I just tend to overuse/misuse the phrase "to be honest". I just thought we kinda ran out of things to debate, so I figured we would end it there. I had no intention in deceiving you and I hope you continue to find joy in this anime.
Nov 19, 2021 7:53 AM
Nov 2021
r_justo said:
Aomine251 said:

I may like the anime....but can't say the same about MC. A total A$$hole

Yes, because you are a bot account! just post the same with your real ACC (because you have one otherwise you wouldn't know the forums in a few mins.) and we can take your posts seriously!
Fake bot acc!

So it's impossible to have knowledge about the forum just because you didn't have an account ?? really??
so you are saying it's impossible that there are people out there who just like Referring to MAL site just for anime reviews & ratings but never wanted to involve directly in any discussion, but one day he decided to do so. Come on Man!
Nov 19, 2021 8:38 AM

Sep 2018
Aomine251 said:
r_justo said:

Fake bot acc!

So it's impossible to have knowledge about the forum just because you didn't have an account ?? really??
so you are saying it's impossible that there are people out there who just like Referring to MAL site just for anime reviews & ratings but never wanted to involve directly in any discussion, but one day he decided to do so. Come on Man!

Way to introduce yourself to the community !!

How about you take a deep breath, put a bit of effort into humanizing your profile, start by focusing on what you like and maybe be a little less strident and defensive about what you don't

Nov 19, 2021 8:40 AM

Sep 2018
So, general consensus?

I'd say, this show has been surprisingly entertaining so far.

Nov 19, 2021 9:07 AM

Jan 2021
It's pretty good for an Isekai. But I'm starting to lose interest in watching the next episode... or just my mood.
Nov 19, 2021 9:29 AM
Aug 2020
Agesta said:
Personally, The Anime Is Decent For Me.

As Expected Of Most Isekai Anime, Cold, Flawless MC, Who Attracts A Lot Of Girls.

Everything Goes Extremely Well, Without Any Difficulty At All.

You're right but you don't see many cold and flawless isekai mc's anywhere and this is the goat at that
Nov 19, 2021 9:38 AM
Nov 2021
borderliner said:
Aomine251 said:

How about you take a deep breath, put a bit of effort into humanizing your profile, start by focusing on what you like and maybe be a little less strident and defensive about what you don't

*Taking a deep breath*
sure bro....will do.
Can't blame you...i should have known better that you can get mixed up with those retards who actually likes to play BOT.
Nov 20, 2021 3:12 AM

Apr 2012
Anime of this general nature have a 99% chance of being crap. But this is the 1%. Very much pleasantly surprised.
Nov 20, 2021 12:50 PM

Oct 2008
Aomine251 said:
borderliner said:

*Taking a deep breath*
sure bro....will do.
Can't blame you...i should have known better that you can get mixed up with those retards who actually likes to play BOT.

Ok, now that everyone knows that you are not a BOT, let see your comment then...

First, the MC is not that OP. In the 2nd ep, you learned the odds of every type of skill he has, more than that you see him choosing his abilities and trace a plan with those in mind, and in last you saw 2 things, one is that the goddess gave him the opportunity to choose his abilities with the purpose of him to do his "job" and not to became over-powerful, only to have the opportunity to "end" the hero (this one yes, is OP as hell! 5 top tier skills and 20 2nd-to-top tier skills, while the MC have 5 skills, one of each tier); and 2nd you saw that she put him in the best place to do his job, in an important family of assassins. Is not that he is OP, is that he was literally "made" to fight the hero and have a chance to defeat him (her in this case).

Now the rest. As you can see right now some part of your original post is outdated and completely false.
Since he arrived to the point that Maha had already the papers of her adoption to the MC "fake" family, it only passed 6 months, which means that he did not wait 2 years -.- And since those papers did take some time to be done (1-2 months) we can see that the time Lugh (now Illig Balor) had to adapt, take informations and knows what's happening, and take action in the most detailed way, he did not take that much time as you originally thought.
Despite that you were right at one thing, he is on a mission and he needs a pawn! If the girl did not have magic he wouldn't act as quickly as he did, especially because of what you mentioned "he can't directly interfere as he can risk blowing his cover". He wouldn't definitely act soo promptly just because that was a bad thing, he would do it in a more wide and ranged way. He would find those on a higher scale, associates, and do a proper interrogation to see if he can take more information for future acts!

The girl being there was a bless for the other girls, and I cannot blame him for that. The job he has up ahead is not one that I would choose to pick if I had a choice, but he picked it and he's trying very hard to accomplish it! If you cannot see that... well, is up to you.
r_justoNov 20, 2021 12:53 PM
Dec 30, 2021 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
It's pretty good, an anime I would like to see get a sequal.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2021

221 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 12, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

212 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
May 12, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2021

190 by ridly »»
May 6, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2021

109 by tofei »»
Jan 31, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

133 by sharosharo »»
Jan 7, 2:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.