Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2009 10:35 AM

Jun 2009

Nov 12, 2009 11:04 AM

Oct 2009
the 3rd one is my favourite ;3
Nov 12, 2009 11:18 AM

Jun 2009
dxstar13 said:
the 3rd one is my favourite ;3

thx^^
Nov 12, 2009 12:01 PM

Nov 2008
kawaii_neko96 said:

i liked the fourth 1 8]

Colored-PensNov 13, 2009 5:09 AM

Nov 12, 2009 12:02 PM

Oct 2009
just this.
Nov 13, 2009 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
another mouse only fb graffiti drawing D:

for a friend's bday, zidane-x-garnet :

I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Nov 13, 2009 3:19 AM

Apr 2009
Well basically this is my last sketch (which was my first Photoshop drawing evar!!)

It was with a mouse and it lacks detail but here we go !
Nov 13, 2009 9:53 AM

Oct 2009
both of them are nice ;3
Nov 13, 2009 1:18 PM

Oct 2008
Here is mine newest creation, tried to make some Pokemon style doodle. More info and picture in link below.

http://ripaz.deviantart.com/art/Ghost-head-139710184
Nov 13, 2009 7:02 PM

May 2007
Troll Post Deleted

As a reminder, you are only allowed to post work that is yours.
Nov 14, 2009 1:33 AM

Mar 2008
Kuroko sketch in honor of Railgun 07 (Best show this season).

Nov 14, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 2009
Hkizzler said:

I like it =D

Fui said:

I like your drawing style and shading =D
Nov 14, 2009 2:03 AM

Mar 2009
This I made a few years ago...
Please comment ^^

Nov 16, 2009 5:58 AM

Nov 2009
Straitjacket:
It's not great technically, but has a lot of expression. I'm wondering whatcharacter is thinking. I like the face part, but the hand looks like some kind of claw. How old were you?

Have you newer drawings? ;)
GabriielNov 16, 2009 7:31 AM
Nov 17, 2009 12:27 AM

Mar 2008
ChillWinterheart said:
Hkizzler said:

I like it =D

Fui said:

Thanks. I like your compositions a lot. Very clean and nice to look at.

Another sketch before I go to sleep:

Nite.
Nov 17, 2009 7:35 AM

Oct 2009
Fui said:
ChillWinterheart said:
Hkizzler said:

I like it =D

Fui said:

Thanks. I like your compositions a lot. Very clean and nice to look at.

Another sketch before I go to sleep:

Nite.

love <3
it looks like something easy but if you will look longer you will see precision. and theese shadows .. ;3
Nov 17, 2009 7:57 AM

Mar 2009
Gabriiel said:
Straitjacket:
It's not great technically, but has a lot of expression. I'm wondering whatcharacter is thinking. I like the face part, but the hand looks like some kind of claw. How old were you?

Have you newer drawings? ;)

Ok. Thanks ^^ I was 14 when I draw it and now I am 18

Here's one I did this summer.....
Nov 17, 2009 11:44 AM

Oct 2009
really nice ! I like shadows and eyes ! ;d
different than the last one.

now is time for something from me.. it's not as good as I would wish and I haven't more pics on this computer right now..

Nov 17, 2009 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Is it an original character? I like the details. =D

>> is she really supposed to lean so much to the left? O_O
>> add more details to the braids, I think it would have a great impact on how the hair looks like.

TIP: When you draw, every so often, lift the paper up and look at it from the back. Viewed in reverse, you'll see flaws in the drawing you've made. I recommend doing it every so often [instead of, say, completing the entire drawing first] because if you detect the mistake before you complete the drawing, you might still be able to correct it ^_^

==========

added:

Something in bad need of photoshop coloring.

ChillWinterheartNov 17, 2009 5:25 PM
Nov 18, 2009 2:38 AM

Nov 2008
A drawing I made for a review:

ChillWinterheart said:

>> add more details to the braids, I think it would have a great impact on how the hair looks like.

TIP: When you draw, every so often, lift the paper up and look at it from the back. Viewed in reverse, you'll see flaws in the drawing you've made. I recommend doing it every so often [instead of, say, completing the entire drawing first] because if you detect the mistake before you complete the drawing, you might still be able to correct it ^_^

Yeah, this is a nice tip.

added:

I like the bold lines.
ALPyronNov 18, 2009 2:42 AM
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Nov 18, 2009 3:42 AM

May 2009
dxstar13 said:

I love it. It's so cute...
AlecPyron said:

I love the thin lines you used.
Nov 18, 2009 7:25 AM

Apr 2009

tthe line drawing version i have coloured it but i need a scanner :'O
this was copied from the front cover of the manga.

also, any tips? i would love to get better. im not the best at colouring or shading or sketching :/
DevilchickenNov 18, 2009 8:37 AM
Nov 18, 2009 10:42 AM

Mar 2008
deviltrigger said:

also, any tips? i would love to get better. im not the best at colouring or shading or sketching :/

I can share some things I picked up if you'd like.

Uh kind of a lecture type thing:
Drawing comes in 3 major stages: observation -> understanding -> communication
Observation is being able to see shapes, values, lines, etc. You can get better at this by copying and doing studies of still life/figures etc. This will enable you to expand your range of values by observing shadows/hilights on shapes, more accurately get proportions down by training your eye, and see how colors actually work in real life. This will also improve your tool technique, as you will become better and more skilled at using whatever tool you're training with (level 99 pencil hatching: Gofu Web drawings). The next stage is understanding, or knowing why things are the way they are. This is probably the most difficult stage and will require the most effort. For example, why the shadow on a sphere is not at the end (core shadow and reflected light), or why the arm looks the way it does (how it functions). Getting this requires you to read books on anatomy (well, more like the modified forms of the human body), light and color theory (how light reflects etc), perspective, weight/balance/gesture, etc. This requires studying and solving problems on 'why/how', and you study it by doing your homework. If you were drawing and arm, for example, and suddenly you hit a block and think, "oh wait how is this supposed to look again," your understanding is not there and you need to learn how/why/what the form looks like. The final step is communication. When you've done all of your homework, you usually start a drawing with an idea. This is the story you want to tell with your drawing. Do you want it to look really scary? Happy? Dynamic, etc? You can accomplish this by knowledge on composition and experience.

Line quality comes with knowledge/experience (confidence in lines). Shadows are either cast or caused by a turning edge in the light. The easiest way to study this is to set up a single light source on a still life and see what happens to the light. You will see that the illuminated side is where the light hits, and then it will stop hitting it because the form is turning away from the light. Then on the floor there will be a cast shadow because light is prevented from hitting there due to the form being in the way. You can use this to your advantage to describe the form of whatever you're drawing. Shading on anything is basically knowing how to shade shapes in space in a light source. Of course in practice things get more complicated, but essentially this is how it works.

Coloring can come later (the importance in drawing: lines > values(shading/lighting) > color. Taking a color theory class can help that. Coloring is basically values. If you look at old Renaissance painting, the artists actually worked the entire painting to finish in a single-color (usually burnt sienna) underpainting and simply laid on a coat of color afterward to give it hue/luminescence.

Oh, if you copy an anime drawing and then you try to create an anime drawing on your own, you will notice the difference in difficulty and the result. The reason is because already finished work already has all of the problems solved: anatomy, lighting, composition, style, line quality, structure, perspective, etc. You didn't have to make a single decision, the only part you did was step 1: observation. Well these are things that occurred to me over the last year and a half when I started to learn how to draw, so I hope it helped explain one or two things. Good luck!
Nov 18, 2009 10:43 AM

Oct 2009
ChillWinterheart said:

==========

added:

Thanks for the tips ! Yeah, she was supposed to lean to the lefr but it looks weird, I know. Your art is.. amazing and beauty ! ; o

AlecPyron said:

I love it ! <3

deviltrigger said:

Really, really nice <3
Nov 18, 2009 10:53 AM

Apr 2009
Fui said:
deviltrigger said:

I can share some things I picked up if you'd like.

Uh kind of a lecture type thing:
Drawing comes in 3 major stages: observation -> understanding -> communication
Observation is being able to see shapes, values, lines, etc. You can get better at this by copying and doing studies of still life/figures etc. This will enable you to expand your range of values by observing shadows/hilights on shapes, more accurately get proportions down by training your eye, and see how colors actually work in real life. This will also improve your tool technique, as you will become better and more skilled at using whatever tool you're training with (level 99 pencil hatching: Gofu Web drawings). The next stage is understanding, or knowing why things are the way they are. This is probably the most difficult stage and will require the most effort. For example, why the shadow on a sphere is not at the end (core shadow and reflected light), or why the arm looks the way it does (how it functions). Getting this requires you to read books on anatomy (well, more like the modified forms of the human body), light and color theory (how light reflects etc), perspective, weight/balance/gesture, etc. This requires studying and solving problems on 'why/how', and you study it by doing your homework. If you were drawing and arm, for example, and suddenly you hit a block and think, "oh wait how is this supposed to look again," your understanding is not there and you need to learn how/why/what the form looks like. The final step is communication. When you've done all of your homework, you usually start a drawing with an idea. This is the story you want to tell with your drawing. Do you want it to look really scary? Happy? Dynamic, etc? You can accomplish this by knowledge on composition and experience.

Line quality comes with knowledge/experience (confidence in lines). Shadows are either cast or caused by a turning edge in the light. The easiest way to study this is to set up a single light source on a still life and see what happens to the light. You will see that the illuminated side is where the light hits, and then it will stop hitting it because the form is turning away from the light. Then on the floor there will be a cast shadow because light is prevented from hitting there due to the form being in the way. You can use this to your advantage to describe the form of whatever you're drawing. Shading on anything is basically knowing how to shade shapes in space in a light source. Of course in practice things get more complicated, but essentially this is how it works.

Coloring can come later (the importance in drawing: lines > values(shading/lighting) > color. Taking a color theory class can help that. Coloring is basically values. If you look at old Renaissance painting, the artists actually worked the entire painting to finish in a single-color (usually burnt sienna) underpainting and simply laid on a coat of color afterward to give it hue/luminescence.

Oh, if you copy an anime drawing and then you try to create an anime drawing on your own, you will notice the difference in difficulty and the result. The reason is because already finished work already has all of the problems solved: anatomy, lighting, composition, style, line quality, structure, perspective, etc. You didn't have to make a single decision, the only part you did was step 1: observation. Well these are things that occurred to me over the last year and a half when I started to learn how to draw, so I hope it helped explain one or two things. Good luck!

Thanks alot!!!! im still in 6th form doing a level art atm. This will help in that too! :)
yeah, when i try to draw my own ones they look 2d and rather poor haha. ah well practise makes perfect i guess. :D
Nov 18, 2009 4:55 PM

Apr 2009
ChillWinterheart said:

this deserves credit.
/applaud
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Nov 18, 2009 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
Hkizzler said:
ChillWinterheart said:

this deserves credit.
/applaud

Indeed
Nov 18, 2009 10:18 PM

Aug 2009
thanks guys =D this encourages me to draw more, and to improve on my [nonexistent] drawing skills <_<;;

anyway... art commissioned by my friend Raziro

Good night.
Nov 18, 2009 10:29 PM

Mar 2008
ChillWinterheart said:
thanks guys =D this encourages me to draw more, and to improve on my [nonexistent] drawing skills <_<;;

Good night.

So fun to look at. Very cool!
Nov 18, 2009 10:39 PM
Oct 2009

Me: Mr.Turtle..todays such a fine day
Turtle: Eggplant <3
Me: Isnt today such a nice weather?
Me: MR TURTLE YOUR GOING THE WRONG WAY!
Turtle is speeding up
Turtle: EGGPLANTTT <3
Me: the eggplant..too effective.. MR.TURTLE TO THE LEFT TO THE LEFT..! NO! MY LEFT!
Nov 19, 2009 12:20 AM

Aug 2009
funny XD the turtle is absolutely set on getting that veggie.

[wait, are turtles really particular to eggplants? O_O]

I love how you colored it. Is that by hand or by PhotoShop?
Nov 19, 2009 1:52 AM

Mar 2008
Cleaned up the Kuroko sketch; probably going to play around with textures/colors tomorrow.

Nov 19, 2009 1:57 AM
Oct 2009
ChillWinterheart said:
funny XD the turtle is absolutely set on getting that veggie.

[wait, are turtles really particular to eggplants? O_O]

I love how you colored it. Is that by hand or by PhotoShop?

Lols. :3 well im not sure about turtles, but i do know i love my eggplants XD.

I bet they do though.. why dont we try it out and see? xP

I just coloured it using colour pencils and tweaked it a notch with Photoshop ^^
thanks for liking it btw :D
Nov 19, 2009 2:31 AM

Aug 2009
Fui said:
Cleaned up the Kuroko sketch; probably going to play around with textures/colors tomorrow.

awesome! I've always wanted to try and learn PhotoShop to do things like that. Can't wait for it to be in color. :D
Nov 19, 2009 2:31 AM

Apr 2009
@ dxstar13

thanks! :D
Nov 19, 2009 10:45 AM

Jul 2008
ChillWinterheart said:

Good night.

Fui said:

These two are awesome , I wish I could draw like that ._.
Nov 19, 2009 12:03 PM

May 2007
Turgu said:

Turtle is speeding up
Me: the eggplant..too effective.. MR.TURTLE TO THE LEFT TO THE LEFT..! NO! MY LEFT!

PURE AWESOME
Nov 19, 2009 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
ScrumYummy said:
Turgu said:

Turtle is speeding up

PURE AWESOME

qft.
Nov 19, 2009 12:26 PM

Nov 2008

...>///>
Nov 19, 2009 1:25 PM
Oct 2009
ScrumYummy said:
Turgu said:

Turtle is speeding up

PURE AWESOME

Im glad you thought so ^w^
Nov 19, 2009 1:26 PM
Oct 2009
Hkizzler said:
ScrumYummy said:
Turgu said:

Turtle is speeding up

PURE AWESOME

qft.

:3 hah? ^w^"?
Nov 19, 2009 9:43 PM
Oct 2009
right.. now i get why qft means lols. srrz bout tht XD
Nov 19, 2009 9:53 PM
Oct 2009
ffe4b5 said:

...>///>

kawaii so-ne!~ :D
Nov 19, 2009 10:50 PM

Apr 2009
Turgu said:
right.. now i get why qft means lols. srrz bout tht XD

:P
Nov 20, 2009 3:35 AM
Oct 2009
etto ne.. first i used colour pencils, after scanning it was just all photoshop with only the filtering ^^.

Nov 20, 2009 4:34 AM

Aug 2009
Turgu said:
etto ne.. first i used colour pencils, after scanning it was just all photoshop with only the filtering ^^.

Can I see the original? I can't tell if the PhotoShop filter enhanced it or ruined it.... =/
Nov 20, 2009 7:01 AM
Oct 2009
ChillWinterheart said:
Turgu said:

Can I see the original? I can't tell if the PhotoShop filter enhanced it or ruined it.... =/

ah aite then lol. Im trying my best to find the right filter for this one. My scanner aint that good really. So i usually photoshop it and all. If you have any recommendations on how to enhance it better I'd accept any ^^. ((not really into the whole concept of digital art... cuz im not good at it. lols *weep* XD))

So here you go. this is the raw one after scanning ^^
Nov 20, 2009 7:17 AM

Jul 2008
Can't see the original :<

If your scanner is mangling your drawings, try adjusting the settings. Alternatively, if you're using Photoshop to filter, you can use it to adjust other settings, too.

Under the Image > Adjustments menu, you can find several options to mess with. You can mess with the Hue/Saturation (changes how bright the colours are, or colorizes the image to one colour) Levels (changes how dark the shadows are and how bright the highlights are, to my understanding :3) and Brightness/Contrast. (Changes the brightness/darkness of your image, or the contrast - makes the difference between light and dark areas more pronounced.)

It'll take some fiddlin with but this can probably fix it. If your scanner makes everything grainy, try scanning it at a high DPI. (dots per inch or resolution.) Generally scanners scan stuff at 200 or 300 dpi. (I have an HP, the default of which is 200.) I use 300 for sketches and when I need a really big image to work with for CGing, I scan at 600 dpi, and then I clean it up and shrink it back down to a more workable size.

Basically, the higher the dpi the bigger an image you're gonna end up with on your computer. You could use the Sharpen option in Photoshop - I don't remember if this was a filter or in the image menu, and then shrink it down again. This would help, maybe.

But I would generally advise against using filters as they suck all the detail out of the image and if you use them wrong (or too much) they can make the image look cheap and mangled. :<

I am the senpai that notices you.

Nov 20, 2009 7:51 AM
Oct 2009
okay ds
Nika-senpai said:
Can't see the original :<

If your scanner is mangling your drawings, try adjusting the settings. Alternatively, if you're using Photoshop to filter, you can use it to adjust other settings, too.

Under the Image > Adjustments menu, you can find several options to mess with. You can mess with the Hue/Saturation (changes how bright the colours are, or colorizes the image to one colour) Levels (changes how dark the shadows are and how bright the highlights are, to my understanding :3) and Brightness/Contrast. (Changes the brightness/darkness of your image, or the contrast - makes the difference between light and dark areas more pronounced.)

It'll take some fiddlin with but this can probably fix it. If your scanner makes everything grainy, try scanning it at a high DPI. (dots per inch or resolution.) Generally scanners scan stuff at 200 or 300 dpi. (I have an HP, the default of which is 200.) I use 300 for sketches and when I need a really big image to work with for CGing, I scan at 600 dpi, and then I clean it up and shrink it back down to a more workable size.

Basically, the higher the dpi the bigger an image you're gonna end up with on your computer. You could use the Sharpen option in Photoshop - I don't remember if this was a filter or in the image menu, and then shrink it down again. This would help, maybe.

But I would generally advise against using filters as they suck all the detail out of the image and if you use them wrong (or too much) they can make the image look cheap and mangled. :<

okay so i took your suggestion and lol.. i had to do and redo..and redo..and redo again and again so that i can have that sense of satisfaction in it lol. This is the new outcome of it now, might i saw im not really happy with the pencil markings but it actually shows the fact i used color pencils..should i leave it that way or should i do more?
TurguNov 20, 2009 8:10 AM
Nov 20, 2009 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
I prefer the original.. =D
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Painting Suzume no Tojimari (Suzume) Music Album

mufarari - Jan 13

12 by Chris_Concept »»
10 hours ago

» My Tampermonkey Scripts ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

hacker09 - Jul 2, 2020

298 by Wong_Waras »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

222 by SkiesOfBlue »»
Yesterday, 1:54 AM

» Anime quiz website 2.0

Khoi369 - Jun 2

9 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jun 16, 8:01 AM

» [Userscript] MAL Dubs - Label English dubs and add dub filtering

SiliconDon - Aug 30, 2021

20 by SiliconDon »»
Jun 15, 6:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.