Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2021 11:28 PM
Dec 2020
I think this is kind of getting on my nerves because of the whole “oMg oDd tAxI iS sO gOoD” thing going around. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show, I watched it as it was ACTUALLY AIRING, and thought the ending was brilliant. All things you’ve probably heard a ton already. But then this show, climbs up to rank 21, 10 places higher than Odd taxi, and yet not a peep out of anyone. It just amazes me that just about know on is talking, let alone knows about this show, considering just how incredible it is. That’s just my 2 cents, have a nice day.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2021 11:35 PM

May 2021
Not being as popular as other animes plays an important role in keeping this at #21 though. It will be probably lower than Odd Taxi if people that are not into donghuas style starts coming in

Jul 13, 2021 11:44 PM

Jun 2021
Does It have a good ending
Just yes or no ??
No spoiler
Jul 13, 2021 11:45 PM

May 2021
Yo_ItsVeer said:
Just yes or no ??
No spoiler

Cliffhanger but good yes . And 2nd season is already announced .

Jul 13, 2021 11:47 PM

May 2021
Yo_ItsVeer said:
Just yes or no ??
No spoiler

It is well done, the series is going to have a second season so the story is going to continue

Jul 13, 2021 11:48 PM

Jun 2021
Ohh.
A second season is already announced!
🗿 That's dope!
Jul 14, 2021 12:05 AM

Dec 2020
Maessa said:
I think this is kind of getting on my nerves because of the whole “oMg oDd tAxI iS sO gOoD” thing going around. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the show, I watched it as it was ACTUALLY AIRING, and thought the ending was brilliant. All things you’ve probably heard a ton already. But then this show, climbs up to rank 21, 10 places higher than Odd taxi, and yet not a peep out of anyone. It just amazes me that just about know on is talking, let alone knows about this show, considering just how incredible it is. That’s just my 2 cents, have a nice day.
Maybe it's better this way. Atleast it won't get much hate due to being popular. And who cares ppl not watching here, afaik, it's doing great in china, and we've already a sequel announced

lol, u won't believe how much ppl tried to shove down Odd Taxi to my face lmao
Jul 14, 2021 12:07 AM

Dec 2020
its a donghua in an anime website lol, what do you expect. honestly surprised with the rank it has i dont think it should be This high but it was pretty good. will definitely get more known with people who watch donghua overtime
Jul 14, 2021 12:13 AM
May 2020
I've tried to get people to watch it and got one friend watching it too but that's about it
Cause it's donghua it's not that easy to get everyone to watch it compared to odd taxi for me both are on similar level and more popularity will bring both shows down in ratings tbh.
Jul 14, 2021 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
kek I don't even know what this is
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jul 14, 2021 1:06 AM

Sep 2018
Maybe because it's a donghua on an anime site? The most popular donghua isn't even in the top 1000 popularity on MAL. I was also going to skip this, after disliking Mo Dao Zu Shi, but I'm glad I put my prejudice aside.

Link Click would benefit from the same word of mouth about Odd Taxi you're mocking.
Jul 14, 2021 2:06 AM
Feb 2021
I’m yet to watch this…. But lol I wanted Japanese… this is Mandarin Chinese I suppose?
Jul 14, 2021 3:09 AM
Sep 2019
well... it was viewed 130 million times and rated 9.8 on bilibili. I think either ppl dont really uses mal these days or local just have a way larger audience.
Jul 14, 2021 4:52 AM
Dec 2017
It makes me sad people are sleeping on this BLESSING. I even made fan art to share on IG.
However, maybe it is better to keep this donghua unknown to english speakers cuz...people generally dont have a positive view of china, especially since 2019...
so i figured people would unfairly rate this donghua lowly.

Jul 14, 2021 5:22 AM

Feb 2018
Maessa said:

It will slowly get popular. A spike can be expected when season 2 airs.... if S2 starts at 8.5+ ratings.
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jul 14, 2021 6:41 AM

Mar 2008
There's just one thing to do then... SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!
People are saying that "it's better if it stays little know because reasons" and I understand and partly agree. But frankly, give me 10 haters if this mean 1 more lover.
Even the haters deserve to watch something good sometimes, right?

And, oh, the mods noticed the series, they even did their work in the forum.
Jul 14, 2021 6:49 AM

Jun 2020
Tried this but had to drop halfway in the first ep, I don't mean this in a bad way but the fact that I can't make out head or tail of their intonations and individual words really bothers me.
This anime shit is addictive
Jul 14, 2021 8:06 AM
Feb 2021
It really doesn't matter if people are talking about it or nit, those who watched it, enjoyed it. That is all there is to it
Jul 14, 2021 8:23 AM
Nov 2020
Let it stay this way. People not used to donghua and, funnily enough, it’s original language will most likely find this not to their liking, and will proceed to bring the rating down.
Jul 14, 2021 10:18 AM
Jun 2021
spectrojan said:
Tried this but had to drop halfway in the first ep, I don't mean this in a bad way but the fact that I can't make out head or tail of their intonations and individual words really bothers me.

I mean it's chinese so everything new is kinda grating for starters but yeah its totally okay if not for you!
Jul 14, 2021 10:24 AM

Aug 2020
Gotta say, I feel like it deserves its spot at #21. Even if it doesn't have the largest fanbase on mal, at least the people who have watched it enjoyed it a lot and I think that's all that matters.

so sleepy...

did you need something?

Jul 14, 2021 11:45 AM
Dec 2020
RainLander said:
Maessa said:
Maybe it's better this way. Atleast it won't get much hate due to being popular. And who cares ppl not watching here, afaik, it's doing great in china, and we've already a sequel announced

lol, u won't believe how much ppl tried to shove down Odd Taxi to my face lmao
The way you said that makes it sound gatekeeper like. I understand the fun of enjoying a show that not a lot of people know about, I just think more people should be able to enjoying it.
Jul 14, 2021 11:46 AM
Dec 2020
salld said:
Gotta say, I feel like it deserves its spot at #21. Even if it doesn't have the largest fanbase on mal, at least the people who have watched it enjoyed it a lot and I think that's all that matters.
Don’t disagree with you one bit. Having a small fan base doesn’t mean it’s not incredible
Jul 14, 2021 12:04 PM
May 2020
What a life cycle of an anime rating. Vivy was considered underrated underrated underrated until Odd Taxi gave a really good ending. Odd Taxi fans now overrating Vivy and praising their shit so much. Now Shiguang Dailiren fans with its score atop Odd Taxi, start positioning Odd Taxi as how Odd Taxi fans positioned Vivy before. Now let me sleep peacefully, I don't hate any shows here.
Jul 14, 2021 1:53 PM
Dec 2020
Playay said:
What a life cycle of an anime rating. Vivy was considered underrated underrated underrated until Odd Taxi gave a really good ending. Odd Taxi fans now overrating Vivy and praising their shit so much. Now Shiguang Dailiren fans with its score atop Odd Taxi, start positioning Odd Taxi as how Odd Taxi fans positioned Vivy before. Now let me sleep peacefully, I don't hate any shows here.
I don’t mean to be like “this one is better” or anything like that, I just simply want more people to enjoy this. I loved both of the shows you listed, but I do think the toxicity level has risen between those 2 fan bases.
Jul 14, 2021 3:44 PM
Feb 2021
Haven’t you heard of a cult hit?
Jul 14, 2021 3:51 PM

Jun 2019
oh shit, I can watch this without subtitles

Jul 14, 2021 4:27 PM
Nov 2020
Yuliyshii said:
It really doesn't matter if people are talking about it or nit, those who watched it, enjoyed it. That is all there is to it

That's true, but you know the feeling when you find the great show and you wanna show it to your friends so they can enjoy it as much as you did. I really wish that more people would give it a shot.

Jul 14, 2021 4:50 PM
Aug 2018
spectrojan said:

Do you speak japanese or some shit?coz no way you made out head or tail of their intonations and individual words when you first started watching anime,this is just the same with mandarin you just gotta get used to it, you just finding excuses lets be honest
Jul 14, 2021 6:20 PM

Mar 2008
Yann14 said:

Do you speak japanese or some shit?coz no way you made out head or tail of their intonations and individual words when you first started watching anime,this is just the same with mandarin you just gotta get used to it, you just finding excuses lets be honest

I think sometimes the "sound" of a language gets in the way, it may be annoying for some.
Me for example I tried to watch a chinese animated movie one time and "had" to drop after 15 minutes. I think it was in cantonese and it was hurting my ears.

If you're not used it may be distracting and bothersome in the beginning.
Jul 14, 2021 7:35 PM
Dec 2017
DeN11 said:
oh shit, I can watch this without subtitles

Sameee. I can uhh...understand *some*
Jul 14, 2021 8:07 PM
Sep 2016
I think it got something to do with promotion. The show got promoted left and right by lesser known anituber like Melonthee and Anime Culture Corner. And so far the only big anituber that kinda talk about it is Anime America. Which is just brief mention about it so I'm guessing they probably only watch the first episode. Which is kinda ashamed. I wish bigger anituber like Gigguk or Mother Basemant would talk about it.
Jul 15, 2021 6:35 AM

Mar 2008
Riqua27 said:
I wish bigger anituber like Gigguk or Mother Basemant would talk about it.

Never, the reason why they're "big" is because they target the lowest common denominator and seek what the public is already talking about. They never have and never will "waste time" with small anime that will return less clicks.
Jul 15, 2021 6:58 AM
Jul 2021
spectrojan said:

I say give it a try till the end of the ep. You might feel uncomfortable but watching till the end will be worth it. Then decide either to continue it or not.
Trust me, you will not regret this.
I mean some difficulty is alright if the end result is good. (in this case, it's great.)
Thanks me later.
Jul 15, 2021 6:59 AM
Jul 2021
and tbh I thought that after it ranks up, there will be more viewers but no, it's still the good ol' under 'popular' gem.
Sigh
Jul 15, 2021 1:03 PM
Mar 2019
Underrated is not bad, as long as people who watch this enjoy the story. Better then get too popular and some people start to throw their hate.

I really understand that not everyone is comfortable listening to a Chinese animation for the first time. You will feel uncomfortable, the conversation is too fast with a flat tone or not pleasant to hear. That was me the first time I watched donghua, but in the end I got interested in learning mandarin. That's how they talk everyday and that's what I like because the conversation feels natural.

All of this just because you guys are not used to it. It's the same with Japan and Korea who have their own accent. My mother tongue is not english so it feels like how when I watch western movies and they talk like they are running. But I believe all of you know that speed is how they talk everyday.
Jul 15, 2021 2:29 PM
Mar 2020
Welp, I found this gem today. Checked top 50 not expecting anything new to appear. And here this is. I haven't seen any promo. It wasn't even in the spring seasonal anime. There is nothing strange no one watched it. Beacuse there is literally no way to find this anime for an average viewer. May be it'll find some viewers now. Hope so
Jul 15, 2021 9:05 PM

Jun 2019
ShadowSpear said:
I’m yet to watch this…. But lol I wanted Japanese… this is Mandarin Chinese I suppose?

Yes, this is in Mandarin Chinese.

I too prefer listening to the Japanese and Korean languages, but a Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese film or series can be refreshing once in a while since after getting into anime I'm so frequently listening to Japanese audio now. Yes, I still find Japanese (and Korean) to provide a better sensory experience for various reasons, but Chinese is still preferable in my opinion to the other tonal, Southeast Asian languages (Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese, etc.).
Jul 15, 2021 9:13 PM
Feb 2021
WatchTillTandava said:
ShadowSpear said:

I too prefer listening to the Japanese and Korean languages, but a Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese film or series can be refreshing once in a while since after getting into anime I'm so frequently listening to Japanese audio now. Yes, I still find Japanese (and Korean) to provide a better sensory experience for various reasons, but Chinese is still preferable in my opinion to the other tonal, Southeast Asian languages (Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese, etc.).

Yeah… I am gonna watch this. The ratings are too good to leave lol
Jul 16, 2021 6:13 AM

Mar 2008
WatchTillTandava said:
ShadowSpear said:

Funny, I always thought that korean sounds more like chinese too me.
For I time I though about learning korean because the hangul is so much simpler than kanji, but I couldn't make sense of the sound, and also, half the reason was to learn translations of "untranslated" mangá, so I ended switching to japanese.

And I agree with you, "mandarin" is softer to my ears than other southeast asian languages (which includes cantonese, I think?).
Jul 16, 2021 6:45 AM
Oct 2019
It's obvious that because there's very few people watching the show and people that did gave it a high score (>8) hence the ranking. Same thing with Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu,it ranked #7 but me and many people have never heard of it before.
Jul 16, 2021 12:57 PM

Jun 2019
PaninaManina said:
Funny, I always thought that korean sounds more like chinese too me.
For I time I though about learning korean because the hangul is so much simpler than kanji, but I couldn't make sense of the sound, and also, half the reason was to learn translations of "untranslated" mangá, so I ended switching to japanese.

And I agree with you, "mandarin" is softer to my ears than other southeast asian languages (which includes cantonese, I think?).

Since China is the fourth largest country in the world by land area (after Russia, Canada, and just slightly below the U.S.), it does span a wide geographic area so I'm not quite certain if something like Guangzhou in southern China is considered different from Manchuria or some other region in terms of placement in Asia, but generally to my knowledge all of China is usually lumped in with Korea and Japan to comprise what's considered northeast Asia.

But I never cared for the Southeast Asian languages like Thai and Vietnamese from an auditory, pleasurable sensory perspective. Although I do love Thai and Vietnamese cuisines (Thai especially) and will still watch a film or series in these or any other language if it interests me enough by premise/synopsis, but yes, the language factor isn't a bonus for those.

Korean is sometimes very loosely considered related to the Japonic language family of which Japanese is part, but linguists consider it a very shaky, tenuous connection and the origin/connections are theoretical and not fully understood. Personally, even though I said I liked both Korean and Japanese, which is true, they sound nothing alike to me.

Korean never sounded like either Japanese or Chinese (Mandarin or any of the Chinese languages) to me. If anything, it sounds more like Turkish or Mongolian. It might sound more akin to Chinese to you (at least compared to Japanese) because it sounds more abrupt, choppy, and broken up rather than flowing and melodic.
Jul 16, 2021 1:00 PM
Jul 2020
No one talks about this show compared to odd taxi is because this is nothing compared to odd taxi.
It's good but not a masterpiece like odd taxi anyways
Jul 16, 2021 7:30 PM
Mar 2020
PaninaManina said:
Yann14 said:

I think sometimes the "sound" of a language gets in the way, it may be annoying for some.
Me for example I tried to watch a chinese animated movie one time and "had" to drop after 15 minutes. I think it was in cantonese and it was hurting my ears.

If you're not used it may be distracting and bothersome in the beginning.
how does a language h u r t your ears lmao, just say you didn’t watch it cus u werent used to the language, saying it like this is a bit disrespectful ngl lol
Jul 16, 2021 7:32 PM

Jan 2009
lol people do not bother to watch Chinese Anime including me

but its high ranking if it stays is good advertisement already
Jul 16, 2021 8:16 PM
Jul 2021
SirTristam said:
No one talks about this show compared to odd taxi is because this is nothing compared to odd taxi.

Haven't watched odd taxi so won't comment about it.
But this is really a gem. I have watched more than 300 anime (btw I paused watching them for a year or 2, until I clicked on Shuguang)
and link click is easily in my top 10. (I have watched almost all popular animes.)
Jul 16, 2021 8:52 PM
Nov 2020
A reasonable prediction would be that this score will stabilize over time. However, the few users that follow the top rankings who will, after inevitably finding this, find it mediocre or ill-suited to their tastes will cause the score to slowly fall down, similar to how the scores of Mo Dao Zu Shi, Quanzhi Gaoshou season 1, and Wu Shan Wu Xing are changing.
Jul 16, 2021 10:28 PM

Mar 2008
idiosyncratical said:
how does a language h u r t your ears lmao, just say you didn’t watch it cus u werent used to the language, saying it like this is a bit disrespectful ngl lol

That was the best way I could explain.
It was unbearable!
Not being accustomed plays a big part in this, but it's just that there are some languages that sound annoying. Cantonese was specially annoying, but don't need to be southeastern languages, for example I find spanish also very annoying to listen, and I'm latin!

Fortunately people can get used, it took me time to get used to chinese/mandarin, korean, and of course, japanese.

ilalochezia said:
A reasonable prediction would be that this score will stabilize over time. However, the few users that follow the top rankings who will, after inevitably finding this, find it mediocre or ill-suited to their tastes will cause the score to slowly fall down, similar to how the scores of Mo Dao Zu Shi, Quanzhi Gaoshou season 1, and Wu Shan Wu Xing are changing.

Still didn't hit it's ceiling, score still going up!

Jul 16, 2021 11:19 PM
May 2020
SirTristam said:
you still can't just judge this donghua bcs, this show is still going to season 2. And Odd Taxi finished + the audio drama, i assume there is no season 2. I watch Odd Taxi from week 1 until end, i know Odd Taxi will become a masterpiece because the storytelling and the consistency, but i think link click is can compete with that. It maybe can't surpass odd taxi but Link click have that consistency. Everyone say Odd Taxi is masterpiece because the ending is so great maybe top 3 the best ending of all time, so we can't judge this donghua too early, wait until season 2 end and you can say whatever you want. Because i really have good feeling about this one.
Jul 17, 2021 12:04 AM
Apr 2021
Maessa said:

I haven't even watched this series and I just happen to see it here but why did u feel the need to compare its success with odd taxi??
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Did this Anime get a ratings boost?

redfield-9 - Today

8 by KayKimii »»
Today, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

79 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

171 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

155 by Salah_og »»
May 31, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.