Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

In case anyone has a doubt about Hachiman's love for Yukino, this post for you. [NO SPOILER]

My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 21, 2020 7:35 PM
Oct 2015
The story is mostly told from 8man's perspective especially LN where he's literally the narrator, there is a reason we know so much about Yukino from her family matters to her past etc while we don't know much about Yui at all until the last season/volumes and most of that because of her OWN interludes. Hachiman thinks he doesn't know much about Yukino but then proceeds to list so many things about her. in fact both 8man and Yuki don't know much about Yui. The whole LN is evidence of his crush and then love for Yukinon since day one.
LIST:
1. (LN) The countless times he poetically describes/praises her, he just doesn't do that for others at all, the only times it even seems similar for others are when they wear beautiful dresses. He describes Yukino in normal uniform casually pouring tea in more glorious way than when he sees Yui in a prom dress and her dance with her.

2. (LN) He praises her randomly. A conversation is going on and in his head he thinks how good her lips look, how good her hair looks etc. All these praises and descriptions also imply that he is looking at her during that which means he stares at Yukino a lot.

3. (LN) Only character for whom hachiman mentions how time stops and he wanted this to last forever when he looks at her. (number of times hachiman has done this... Can't even count lmao)

4. For some reason, all the conversations with her feels refreshing to him.

5. (LN) Getting pissed off by rumors about hayama and her

6. (LN) When haruno said that yukino once gave chocolates to hayama, his hand turned into a fist and he got this terrible feeling in his stomach as if his intestines were getting churned..

7. Protecting her from any harm:
- Helped rumi because he could see yukino in her(admitted by him in vol 12)
- Destroyed sagami for her..
- Tried to preserve the club because it is the only thing that connects him with her.. (even this was an instance of him hurting her not helping)
- When he found out that he might have hurt yukino in someway by preventing yukino from running for student council president(LN)....he took iroha's req on his own..
- Stopped Yui's attempt to take it all and force Yukino into submitting because he saw that's not what she wants.

8. When yukino asked him to save her someday..
This is how hachiman described it in the LN: it was as if something took a hold of my heart and I was visited by this sensation that I would keep falling forever..

9. Literally 20seconds staring competition (infirmary scene)

10. Getting flustered near Yukino, this is only clearly seen in his monologue in the light novel, for some reason Hachiman in the anime always puts on a poker face.

11. Even when yukino asked him to not to help her.. He still came to help her.. (using the excuse that he promised to save her someday...)
This was going through his head(LN): codependecy can form the structure of relationship, but it has nothing to do with feelings.

12. People around him can sense it...
- Yui's reaction when he went to save yukino..
- Sensei's reaction..
- Iroha described the conversation b/w hachiman and yukino as: lover's quarrel/confession/talk about breaking up.

This is how important it is to adapt Hachiman's monologue. You won't feel that harem atmosphere in the LN. Yukino's screentime in season 3 so far has been lacking, but on LN you can read how Hachiman keeps thinking about her. Like how boring his life was when he couldn't communicate with her because there was no club activity. He wants to talk to her but he's a stubborn guy who acts when there's a logical reason.
Aug 22, 2020 12:09 AM
Jun 2020
But Yui nice tho...
A_G_NAug 23, 2020 8:30 AM
Aug 22, 2020 2:15 AM

Jun 2011
Thanks I have been looking for a post like this.
After watching the up to the current episode, I really felt Yukino screen was very lacking. And even hachiman feeling toward her was not that obvious. He would still get flustered sometimes with Yui or Iroha. But it did not felt like Yukino had more then the others.

Good to know LN gives at least more importance to hachiman feelings toward her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2020 2:38 AM
Oct 2015
Seiya0890 said:
After watching the up to the current episode, I really felt Yukino screen was very lacking. And even hachiman feeling toward her was not that obvious. He would still get flustered sometimes with Yui or Iroha. But it did not felt like Yukino had more then the others.

In the LN, when Hachiman praised Yukino's name(Season 3 Episdoe 1), Yukino's face and ears turned red, this made Hachiman flushed with embarrassment. But in the anime they cut this scene. Hachiman only praised Yukino's name, then Yukino turned her face and Hachiman put on a poker face because he didn't see that. I don't understand what the director was thinking
Aug 22, 2020 2:51 AM
Jun 2020
ShiroHachi said:
Seiya0890 said:

In the LN, when Hachiman praised Yukino's name(Season 3 Episdoe 1), Yukino's face and ears turned red, this made Hachiman flushed with embarrassment. But in the anime they cut this scene. Hachiman only praised Yukino's name, then Yukino turned her face and Hachiman put on a poker face because he didn't see that. I don't understand what the director was thinking
Wait, why would Hachiman blush when that long haired side girl blushed, wait what are you insinuating?
Aug 22, 2020 3:11 AM

Jun 2016
ShiroHachi said:
The story is mostly told from 8man's perspective especially LN where he's literally the narrator, there is a reason we know so much about Yukino from her family matters to her past etc while we don't know much about Yui at all until the last season/volumes and most of that because of her OWN interludes. Hachiman thinks he doesn't know much about Yukino but then proceeds to list so many things about her. in fact both 8man and Yuki don't know much about Yui. The whole LN is evidence of his crush and then love for Yukinon since day one.
LIST:
1. (LN) The countless times he poetically describes/praises her, he just doesn't do that for others at all, the only times it even seems similar for others are when they wear beautiful dresses. He describes Yukino in normal uniform casually pouring tea in more glorious way than when he sees Yui in a prom dress and her dance with her.

2. (LN) He praises her randomly. A conversation is going on and in his head he thinks how good her lips look, how good her hair looks etc. All these praises and descriptions also imply that he is looking at her during that which means he stares at Yukino a lot.

3. (LN) Only character for whom hachiman mentions how time stops and he wanted this to last forever when he looks at her. (number of times hachiman has done this... Can't even count lmao)

4. For some reason, all the conversations with her feels refreshing to him.

5. (LN) Getting pissed off by rumors about hayama and her

6. (LN) When haruno said that yukino once gave chocolates to hayama, his hand turned into a fist and he got this terrible feeling in his stomach as if his intestines were getting churned..

7. Protecting her from any harm:
- Helped rumi because he could see yukino in her(admitted by him in vol 12)
- Destroyed sagami for her..
- Tried to preserve the club because it is the only thing that connects him with her.. (even this was an instance of him hurting her not helping)
- When he found out that he might have hurt yukino in someway by preventing yukino from running for student council president(LN)....he took iroha's req on his own..
- Stopped Yui's attempt to take it all and force Yukino into submitting because he saw that's not what she wants.

8. When yukino asked him to save her someday..
This is how hachiman described it in the LN: it was as if something took a hold of my heart and I was visited by this sensation that I would keep falling forever..

9. Literally 20seconds staring competition (infirmary scene)

10. Getting flustered near Yukino, this is only clearly seen in his monologue in the light novel, for some reason Hachiman in the anime always puts on a poker face.

11. Even when yukino asked him to not to help her.. He still came to help her.. (using the excuse that he promised to save her someday...)
This was going through his head(LN): codependecy can form the structure of relationship, but it has nothing to do with feelings.

12. People around him can sense it...
- Yui's reaction when he went to save yukino..
- Sensei's reaction..
- Iroha described the conversation b/w hachiman and yukino as: lover's quarrel/confession/talk about breaking up.

This is how important it is to adapt Hachiman's monologue. You won't feel that harem atmosphere in the LN. Yukino's screentime in season 3 so far has been lacking, but on LN you can read how Hachiman keeps thinking about her. Like how boring his life was when he couldn't communicate with her because there was no club activity. He wants to talk to her but he's a stubborn guy who acts when there's a logical reason.

Awesome even I didn t know about this

Aug 22, 2020 3:14 AM

Jun 2016
A_G_N said:
ShiroHachi said:

Wait, why would Hachiman blush when that long haired side girl blushed, wait what are you insinuating?

Hachiman is embarrased or has feelings for her. She isn t side girl what nonsense are you talking about
DemonDarknightAug 22, 2020 3:21 AM

Aug 22, 2020 3:31 AM
Oct 2015
Madara_Uchiha_30 said:
A_G_N said:

Hachiman is embarrased or has feelings for her. She isn t side girl what nonsense are you talking about
it's a sarcasm dude
Aug 22, 2020 3:34 AM

Jun 2016
ShiroHachi said:
Madara_Uchiha_30 said:

it's a sarcasm dude

Lol I can t tell we are talking in the internet

Aug 22, 2020 4:33 AM

Jun 2019
Great post, the LN (and its adaptation) was clearly built around Yukino, the triptych Rumi/Yukino/Shizuka shows it well too.

There is also the fact that he asked her twice to become his friend, as a mean to make their relationship official. He did not do that with Yui and Iroha.

Another clear indication in this direction that I like was when he laughed after Yukino dismissed critics of Haruno at the school festival and thought "this is exactly the kind of person Yukinoshita Yukino is" (『全くその通りだ。雪ノ下雪乃はそう言う奴だ。』 "Mattaku sono touri da. Yukinoshita Yukino ha souiu yatsu da." quoting from memory from the show). He is spending a lot of time thinking about her attitude, her family problems, etc. He has very high expectations for her, and also genuinely admires her from the start (which is the Stage 1 or love according to Stendhal in De l'amour (On Love)). When she is unwell or undecided, he is more affected by it compared to Yui or Iroha's issues, two girls that he does not admire the slightest by the way. Especially Yui who is a bit stupid (her Japanese language skills do not appeal much to the avid reader Hachiman is). Even Haruno is mostly felt as an oppressive person.

I read the first hundred of pages of the LN, and I liked to see Hachiman's questions about the books Yukino was reading (I think that he mentioned Tolstoy), it showed well his admiration and lack of irony about her intelligence. After all, she is the top student in literature (Hachiman is third and popular dude is second).

He managed to make her laugh during the stupid brainstorming sessions in S2 (when she hides behind her notes). Then she adds with a beautiful smile: "Rejected, Hikigaya-kun." (比企谷君, 却下。Hikigaya-kun, kyakka.).

Last but not least, they can spend a lot of time reading in silence without feeling any embarrassment in the club's room, and that shows in some way how close they can be, intellectually at least. But it seems rare to me to be able to stay silent with someone without feeling awkward and a sign of agreeing characters.

The only other decent ship would be Shizuka, it was especially obvious in the car scene (or all the times when he says that someone should marry her before he does; it is not only a comic relief), but the LN is clearly not aimed at this kind of controversial end.

P.S. I did not watch the show yet, I am waiting for the end, so please no spoilers.
Aug 22, 2020 6:49 AM

Jun 2011
ShiroHachi said:
Seiya0890 said:

Maybe the anime's director prefer Yui. Or the staff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2020 8:21 AM
Jun 2020
Seiya0890 said:
ShiroHachi said:

You know, everyday I wake up and ask the same question..
Aug 22, 2020 9:23 PM
Oct 2015
Seiya0890 said:
ShiroHachi said:

maybe, but they've been doing this since season 1. At least in season 1, Yukino really looks like the main heroine, because she's the prettiest. Meanwhile in s2 and s3, even Iroha and some side characters are prettier than her in terms of character designs
Aug 23, 2020 12:51 AM

Jun 2011
ShiroHachi said:
Seiya0890 said:

maybe, but they've been doing this since season 1. At least in season 1, Yukino really looks like the main heroine, because she's the prettiest. Meanwhile in s2 and s3, even Iroha and some side characters are prettier than her in terms of character designs

Yeah, I wished my Kanji reading was better, I could looked it up in some japaneses forums.
Aug 23, 2020 3:50 AM

Nov 2009
A_G_N said:
But Yui nice tho...
Yeah, I knw ur feel bro... (TT ^ TT)
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Aug 23, 2020 6:59 PM
Oct 2015
Seiya0890 said:
ShiroHachi said:

Yeah, I wished my Kanji reading was better, I could looked it up in some japaneses forums.

Based on my experience, japanese forums are worse than myanimelist, all they care about is their waifu
Aug 24, 2020 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
ShiroHachi said:
Seiya0890 said:

Based on my experience, japanese forums are worse than myanimelist, all they care about is their waifu

Lol could be true.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

285 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 24, 2020

492 by Shikamotoxxx »»
Jul 4, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Sep 10, 2020

166 by ViSpace »»
Jun 6, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Sep 3, 2020

222 by ViSpace »»
Jun 6, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.