Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2018 2:00 AM

Nov 2015
The worst ending I ever saw in a anime, it ruined the whole anime for me.

Like why?

Koko ruled the world... it was supposed to be a anime about armes dealing and logicaly Jonah should have stopped her.

Near is far superior to you!

Apr 8, 2018 10:34 AM

Nov 2015
Nabelia said:
Personally it was great ending. I think you misunderstood the story.

I mean, This episode answers all the foundations that creator has built on the whole of story. Like, it proves that Koko is not a dragon (watch Dragon Shooter arc), and it also proves that R speculation is true (watch Dance with Undershaft arc). She is not ruled the world with Jormungand, but want to stop the war that she predicted will happen in 10 years and create new world without a war.

I think the conclusions are clear on the last conversations Koko and Jonah.

She is not as evil as we expected. The truly evil is actually someone like Kasper. Koko said to dr. Miami "In this day, the villain has many kinds. I was just wondering which villain he (Jonah) would follow." Finally Jonah trust and follow koko.

Lol that is so not true, Koko said she will kill milions of people she is no diffrent from Kira in Death Note, they just copied the character to suit a female.

Just like him killing people for justice, she saved up money for a computer.

She is a vilain, don't try to glorify her arogance, even she said she was the best there is.

Another ego driven protaginist, but its ruined by the plot.

I would rather have a ending like Breaking Bad, than one her ruling the world and action all ego like.

Its you who does not understand what a failure of a series it is!
Near is far superior to you!

Apr 28, 2018 10:08 PM
Jun 2013
i agree it is one of the worst endings iv seen.
Sep 23, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, no. Her plan would stop exactly nothing. Not arms dealing, not a possible war in the near future. Neither create a world without war.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 6, 2019 4:31 AM
May 2017
What I got out of it was that the world was going downhill fast, by using that quantum computer, she slowed the war by restricting the air attacks.

What's next? What happens if things go haywire again? Maybe she stops water warfare.

Although I didn't really mind what the master plan was, I enjoyed more the everyday jobs the crew did and how badass they were doing so.
May 16, 2019 1:18 AM
Mar 2018
Nabelia said:
Error_inscript said:

Lol that is so not true, Koko said she will kill milions of people she is no diffrent from Kira in Death Note, they just copied the character to suit a female.

Just like him killing people for justice, she saved up money for a computer.

She is a vilain, don't try to glorify her arogance, even she said she was the best there is.

Another ego driven protaginist, but its ruined by the plot.

I would rather have a ending like Breaking Bad, than one her ruling the world and action all ego like.

Kenapa orang yang gagal paham selalu banyak omong dan merendahkan sesuatu ya? Padahal dia sendiri yang tidak paham, hadeh~

Ah, i see i see.. If you say that, all i can say is, you missed a lot from this anime. Or.. at least all information you got from the anime isn't connected in your head. Really, i mean.. All anime that takes the story about ideology of peace (like psycho pass, code geass, death note, gundam 00, naruto shippuden, fate series, etc) requires extra energy, you need to focus on dialog, you need to understand the character, you need to think about the world and the peace that the writer or the character try to create in that anime. If you can't do that, basically you didn't understand the story and you will never enjoy it.

Why this anime have good ending for me? First because this anime takes the story about ideology of peace from an arms dealer which is very interesting, and the ending is the conclusion that has answered all the things that have been built from the beginning, like... about jonah hate weapons, baldra dragon, R speculation and dr. Miami, bookman with operation undershaft, kasper as another arms dealer etc. All i want to say is everything connected to the ending, to Koko dreams. It all made the ending very good for me.

She is villain? Yes, she is crazy villain for crazy world, in fact she herself said she was a villain to dr. Miami after trapping bookman into Africa and being surrounded by militia. She hate the world, she hate the soldier especially those who throw away their common sense and just follow orders, she hate weapons, even she hate arms dealer itself. But she can't escape from her fate that she is an arms dealer. Then she has an idea, she want to use her bloody money to create peace, to create world without war, things she hates. Even bookman asks why she doesn't ruled the world with quantum computers, because her dreams is not to control the world, but to see new world without weapons. By becoming a god of information in the world she hopes to create a world without weapons, and that is contrary to Kasper. He said to Koko that do you believe that the world will be completely free of weapons, and Koko can't answer that question. Then Kasper continued, saying that if he could not sell missiles he would sell long swords, if he could not sell swords he would sell batons. In my opinion, the real opponents of Koko ideals are human nature itself and someone like Kasper.

Like Koko said to dr. Miami "In this day, the villain has many kinds. I was just wondering which villain he (Jonah) would follow." Yes, villain has many kinds, kasper, baldra and koko, all is different. But at least for me, Koko is beautiful villain than the others. She wasn't an arms dealer like Kasper who didn't care about war or the concept of peace, even though he felt he benefited from the war. She wasn't a dragon like a baldra who kills anyone even doctors who come for humanity. In fact she never killed one innocent people in entire episode, even though she said in episode 9, 10 or 11 (i forgot) that she would close the sky which caused many lives to be lost, and after 2 years time skip, Jormungand still doesn't kill civilians, the sky still open for business. In episode 9, 10 or 11 when she revealed her entire plan, yes, Koko does look like a cruel villain by expressing all her ego. R said, Jonah is her limiter, dr. Miami said Jonah can make Koko softer. But after Jonah left, i feel like Koko grows even without Jonah. She become more softer in episode 12, which is very good for character development.

And the another reason why the ending was good for me is because the idea of ​​achieving peace itself... This anime doesn't tell the peace that has been created by Jormungand, even they did not show it at all in this anime, unlike code geass, the author let the audience to decide the answer in the end, which is very good for me. In fact, which i believe, none of the ideologies about peace someone has (in real life or in anime like psycho pass, code geass) in this earth will work well and smoothly. There is no definite formula for peace like 1 + 1 = 2 in mathematics. Like what Koko said at the end of the episode 12, she didn't even know whether Jormungand would bring peace or not, because she wasn't a fortune teller. But at least that is what she can do for a crazy world, to stop the war and create new world without weapons. That is why Jonah decide to follow Koko in the end. After he left Koko for 2 years and see crazy world (Indonesia becomes chaotic, big ben is destroyed which signifies the war that was predicted by Koko to begin) with Kasper, he realized and find his answer. Koko asks, who is more crazy, me or the world itself. Jonah said Koko is crazy and the world is crazy too, but at least he can believe her. Then Koko activated Jormungand to stop Russian army. And in the end Koko is no longer an arms dealer. She said, she is former arms dealer.

Error_inscript said:

I'm not trying to debate with you here, lol :v
You made a thread for discussion so it's not a problem for someone to express his opinion, right? Ah, so I understand, you made this threat not for discussion but only to insult this anime? Really?

When i said "you misunderstood the story" is because i think maybe you didn't understand about ruled the world that you said. Really, actually im not sure you are complaining about the ending because you are not satisfied or because you want this anime only about arms dealer and then it turns to something about peace, if the second one, then you have failed since the beginning lol, because you did not read the synopsis. You missed the premise, in first episode season 1, Jonah asks to Koko, why you sell weapons, then Koko said for world peace.

Agreed. An ending like this; for an action based series can confuse a whole lot of audience. Even i was a bit disappointed but I liked the ending; the peace which Koko wanted. Anyway thanks for the detailed explanation.
May 13, 2020 7:33 PM
Oct 2019
It's a pretty bad ending but not because Jonah came back or because Koko enacted her plan (even though I think both are stupid for doing what they did the way they did). It's bad because they just didn't make it "feel" right. Or believable? Or interesting? Idk what it was, but something just wasn't there.

And to hype this mysterious plan for 24 episodes and have *that* be the ending is just boring and lame. I also HATE when shows show *everybody* that was ever in the show in the final scene, as some ridiculous montage. The wind starting to blow and all these useless characters looking around...gag. Oooh, the winds of change. How obnoxiously unclever.
Jan 8, 2:15 AM
May 2015
I agree this ending was just absolutely over the top "Ends justify the means" and was honestly just super depressing.

Like the idea is literally just that some crazy woman gets her hands on too much power and thinks that she can change the world, meanwhile, Kasper who is literally Nic Cage from Lord of War, see's is like it is and isn't phased by his sister simply cause he can think steps ahead of her and that it wouldn't make a difference.

Another factor I think is that they needed to push Jonah to the edge by turning the world into a massive prediction that Koko gave him for him to break. It's just super sad and honestly, this is one of the factors I look at, and the whole time I just think it's gonna blow up in her face as it honestly feels like it's the only true way for this to end. But it just leaves you feeling like the villain won just because she broke Jonah.

If the point of the story is that a monster can corrupt people then I fully agree that the story overall is great, but if it's about actually for a second thinking Koko's plan is any bit of a sound way to stop war or to bring peace to a world that the story goes far out of it's way to make her into a fortune teller to work, then even I'm just eye-rolling.

I do like the idea it's a story about how a monster corrupts people because she herself was corrupted. But it's still one of those stories that I think would've been done better had they not gone full forced end of the world to make it work.
InudrewJan 8, 11:37 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2012

234 by RawnakRangan09 »»
Jul 3, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2012

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 9, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2012

175 by Karva1 »»
Apr 28, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2012

123 by Karva1 »»
Apr 27, 11:38 PM

» I have another reason why Koko may do what she does.

Inudrew - Jan 8

0 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.