Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 4, 2017 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
So I'm kinda curious... who's a fanfic writer here? Where do you post your stories? Do you read fanfics? Which fandoms do you write for?

I've been a fanfic writer for four years but I update very sporadically. I write for many fandoms, including Percy Jackson, Hamilton, Harry Potter, Boku no Hero Academia, and One Piece!
May 4, 2017 9:59 PM

Mar 2015
I've been writing them since 2009. I used to write for Suikoden, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Digimon (season 2 and 4), but recently, I only write for Gungrave (anime-verse) and occasionally Trigun.

I post them at fanfiction.net and AO3, but for some of my Gungrave works, I also post them here for more exposure and add the illustrations (done by S0rahana).

Example: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1585425

I read fanfics from any fandoms. Sounds funny, but this is how I get reviews (very few people know Gungrave, so I have to rely on fandom blind readers) and learn to improve my writing. I like doing review exchange and playing review tag games.
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

May 4, 2017 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
The_Biologist said:
I've been writing them since 2009. I used to write for Suikoden, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Digimon (season 2 and 4), but recently, I only write for Gungrave (anime-verse) and occasionally Trigun.

I post them at fanfiction.net and AO3, but for some of my Gungrave works, I also post them here for more exposure and add the illustrations (done by S0rahana).

Example: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1585425

I read fanfics from any fandoms. Sounds funny, but this is how I get reviews (very few people know Gungrave, so I have to rely on fandom blind readers) and learn to improve my writing. I like doing review exchange and playing review tag games.

That's so cool! I would sometimes read fics from fandoms I've never seen the source material of and then get into the source material (marvel, Naruto, Persona games, Final Fantasy games).
I also post my work on those websites. I'm not very familiar with your fandoms, having only watched Trigun but I'm sure they're very nice fics!

I've never heard of review tag before haha... is it fun?
May 4, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
Then you should read my works haha! JK. Reading takes time, so I understand if you're not reading (especially jumping in fandom blind). ;)

SkyFullOfStars said:
I've never heard of review tag before haha... is it fun?

It depends on the forum you play at. Some forums don't really care about the review quality, resulting in players skimming your stories and giving bare bones reviews. Some are strict about it, but it guarantees you high quality reviews.

The former is why I'm not too open about review exchange contracts, unless I get to see an example of the review. I hate giving 600 words plus detailed and critical review only to get 150 words bare bones review in return.
The_BiologistMay 4, 2017 10:59 PM
Loitering around FFnet and AO3

May 4, 2017 11:40 PM

Mar 2016
I used to when I was little. Now it's really cringe and I don't do it anymore. Sometimes I get a wave of nostalgia and feel like picking up the pen for evil again, but im never as invested as I was back then.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2017 12:22 AM

Dec 2015
I used to, but now, I'm more of a reader.

I have a strange habit when reading fanfics. I love reading from fandoms I don't know (easy to find them in this forum) since I like getting immersed in the universe of the fandom before getting around to watch it. It's so much fun, especially if they manage to get me into the fandom for real. Also, I LOVE action fanfics, but not many have managed to impress me with the action/fight scenes. Or maybe I just have ridiculous standards when it comes to action.
"Who wouldn't want to be like me? Handsome and free like a bird in a tree! Badaboom!"
May 5, 2017 2:57 AM

Feb 2015
I started writing one and a half year ago with my Fairy Tail fanfiction, which I've posted on here and on fanfiction.net. It's about an OC that starts its life in the Fairy Tail guild, and in big lines follows the official story-line, with original content thrown in there. It got way bigger than I ever expected, and with close to hundred chapters now, the end still isn't in sight. Progress has been slow lately, but I hope to finish it someday. There's one other Fairy Tail story I began writing, but it only has one chapter after a year, and I don't think I'll ever continue or post it. It was supposed to be largely an original content story, taking place between a major timeskip in the anime/manga, but without having finished my main fanfiction, I don't think I should spend my time on that now. I've read some other peoples' Fairy Tail fanfictions, but I'm more of a writer than a reader.
I also have an unfinished Oreimo fanfiction that I haven't posted online, but not sure if I will because honestly I don't think it'd be interesting enough for people to read, lol. It basically takes the events from the anime, but without the incest tones and romance.
May 5, 2017 3:11 AM

Jun 2010
Started writing in late 2015 and it was really awful lol It still is tbh, but I enjoy doing it.
I wrote so far for Kuroko no Basket, JJBA and now I'm more into writing for Fantastic Beasts fandom. I also read a lot. Like A LOT. Much more than writing. This way I'm trying to improve my English :)

I post my works on AO3 and tumblr mostly, but I have a FFnet account as well.
May 5, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2015
I've only written one fanfiction story which you can find in my blog here on MAL. I do want to write more, but I haven't had the time nor the drive to write. I mean, I did write another one, but it's halfway done. Not sure when I'll finish it though.
May 7, 2017 10:17 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
I started out on Wattpad when I was like 10.. and literally everything I wrote was so cringy, it was all for stuff like Harry Potter and stuff (dark time in my life, let's please ignore it existed...) and I was on Wattpad until about 2014. I got into anime that year, and moved to fanfiction.net instead, and wrote cringy anime fanfics there, instead... (literally more dark time in my life we need to ignore)

Up until this year, I hated everything I wrote. Late last year, I moved from Fanfiction.net to ArchiveOfOurOwn.org (or AO3), which I much prefer writing and reading on. It's a lot easier to find specifically what you want to read, via the tagging system, and I just prefer using it, because the top animes (interms of amount of fics for them) are my favourites *cough Haikyuu*, compared to fanfiction.net which are just the generic crud.

I don't write much anymore though, I start things and never finish them, because I can never get back into writing them once I stop... typically now, I just write oneshots, all in one go, that way I don't end up stopping midway through and losing my inspiration...

But yeah, I do write a little, and my favourite genre is probably the angsty kinda stuff. I can't write fluff to save my life....
May 7, 2017 2:22 PM

Apr 2017
SkyFullOfStars said:
So I'm kinda curious... who's a fanfic writer here? Where do you post your stories? Do you read fanfics? Which fandoms do you write for?

I've been a fanfic writer for four years but I update very sporadically. I write for many fandoms, including Percy Jackson, Hamilton, Harry Potter, Boku no Hero Academia, and One Piece!

I write fanfiction sometimes. It's on fanfiction.net mostly, but you can find me on AO3 as well. And no, I rarely read other people's fanfiction; I don't usually have the spare time to and if I do it's usually beta reading or just by a friend's request. Many stories I find are also pretty meh, with the worst cases being outright terrible.

And...the only fandom I've ever really cared to write for is Beyblade (the original). As I grew older, I became more selective with my choice of anime to watch, and frankly, I see no reason to write fanfiction for fandoms like Code Geass where I don't feel there's much left to characterize in fanfiction writing.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

382 by nin-tendo »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for cool MAL profile ideas

KurayamiDarkness - Apr 3, 2023

7 by Oxiq »»
8 hours ago

» Anime quiz website 2.0

Khoi369 - Jun 2

8 by Pg13_ »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Do you think we will have robots with consciousness first or will we meet aliens first?

Absurdo_N - Jun 2

4 by Longnines »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» DBS Dream Fairy Match Girl "Nana" ("Yuna")

MasterTasuke - May 20

5 by MasterTasuke »»
Jun 4, 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.