Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 13, 2016 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Why would you guys give a show with superb visuals and incredible music such a low score after only seeing 4-5 episodes of it? If you drop it I think that you don't really have the right to give it a bad rating because honestly, on what are you basing that score?
This show has like 6 episodes out but already has a 5,92 score. Which parts did you dislike so much? There was no typical cliché or fanservice to be hated on so far, the characters are fun too, and the story is yet to be unveiled.
? ? ?
Nov 13, 2016 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
oryouohagi said:
Why would you guys give a show with superb visuals and incredible music such a low score after only seeing 4-5 episodes of it? If you drop it I think that you don't really have the right to give it a bad rating because honestly, on what are you basing that score?
This show has like 6 episodes out but already has a 5,92 score. Which parts did you dislike so much? There was no typical cliché or fanservice to be hated on so far, the characters are fun too, and the story is yet to be unveiled.
? ? ?

I guess theyre basing their scores on the first 6 episodes obviously.
Id also suggest not taking MAL ratings too seriously since all members use it differently, like you for example:
oryouohagi said:
also take the rank of the anime into consideration, if it has a low score, I'd might give it a 8, although were it
in the top 100 I'd give it a 5. It works in the opposite direction too, that's why I have some anime rated the same
score, when in fact one is way worse than the other.
SpaghettiSpikeNov 13, 2016 8:17 AM

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Nov 13, 2016 8:12 AM
Nov 2015
I'm not sure honestly. Some thought it was boring and a waste of time but even still this show is definitely not 5.92 worthy. It's why I gave it a 10 for now to up the rating a little.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Nov 13, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
Dishonest said:
oryouohagi said:
? ? ?

Id also suggest not taking MAL ratings too seriously since all members use it differently, like you for example:
you said:
also take the rank of the anime into consideration, if it has a low score, I'd might give it a 8, although were it
in the top 100 I'd give it a 5. It works in the opposite direction too, that's why I have some anime rated the same

What? I never giving a stuff low score just to make the total rating down from top 100 or so. I give a score just the way I feel about it.
Nov 13, 2016 8:17 AM

Feb 2016
You said:
Dishonest said:

What? I never giving a stuff low score just to make the total rating down from top 100 or so. I give a score just the way I feel about it.

Did the link work? lol I was too lazy to put his name in there :D

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Nov 13, 2016 8:18 AM

Sep 2016
absolutely bad episode 1
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 13, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
Dishonest said:
You said:

Did the link work? lol I was too lazy to put his name in there :D

it doesn't and it sends on my notifs instead.
Nov 13, 2016 9:39 AM

Aug 2010
Dishonest said:
oryouohagi said:
? ? ?

oryouohagi said:

Yes, and I'd be satisfied with that honestly, if the score wasn't 5,92. That explanation works for 7 or a bit above but at this score it's just unreasonable. I just can't put my finger on why they would rate a show they could not even form a proper opinion about a score that low.
Nov 13, 2016 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
GangsterCat said:
absolutely bad episode 1

I digged it though. Although I have an affinity to like shows with musical theme of some sorts.
Nov 13, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
You said:
Dishonest said:

On this site I rate this way yes, as for irl I might have a bit different opinion on the shows than I have here. So see: I'd might have given a score of 8 or 7 to the natsume series, I still never would be able to watch that horrible trainwreck again. It's just not to my taste.
Nov 13, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
alcamoth said:
I'm not sure honestly. Some thought it was boring and a waste of time but even still this show is definitely not 5.92 worthy. It's why I gave it a 10 for now to up the rating a little.

I see you are a good guy, I was like that too. I gave 10 for shows I felt sorry for. Now it changed a bit though. As for this show I really like it so far and hope that the rating will bend in the firection of reality.
Nov 13, 2016 9:47 AM

Feb 2015
Well rating something low based on the scale of 10 feels good, try it...
Nov 13, 2016 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:

That's a guilty pleasure and I try to steer clear of it. It's like scratching one's balls.
Nov 13, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2015
oryouohagi said:
_Ako_ said:

That's a guilty pleasure and I try to steer clear of it. It's like scratching one's balls.

Scratching someone's balls is fine if you get to be paid.
Nov 13, 2016 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:
oryouohagi said:

But do you get payed giving low scores? I doubt that you are an official critic. In that respect scratching your balls is more profiting.
Nov 13, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
oryouohagi said:
_Ako_ said:

But do you get payed giving low scores? I doubt that you are an official critic. In that respect scratching your balls is more profiting.

Lol... Is there a merit of being a critic to begin with? Nah, I'm dead tired of scratching my balls, been doing that since the day I know I have a balls...
Nov 13, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:
oryouohagi said:

Lol... Is there a merit of being a critic to begin with? Nah, I'm dead tired of scratching my balls, been doing that since the day I know I have a balls...

Well who knows. I'll continue scratching my balls and give high scores for shitty shows.
Nov 13, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2015
oryouohagi said:
_Ako_ said:

Well who knows. I'll continue scratching my balls and give high scores for shitty shows.

Well, if you do that, why bother asking?
Nov 14, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:
oryouohagi said:

Well, if you do that, why bother asking?

True that fam, true that
Nov 19, 2016 9:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
This is proof that you shouldnt care about the scores (and MAL has shit taste too)
DatRandomDudeNov 19, 2016 9:47 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 19, 2016 6:12 PM
Oct 2016
The show is absolutely atrocious and has some of the WORST music I have ever seen in anime. A show can have the nicest visuals ever but if the characters are annoying and the plot is nonsensical then the show is going to suck.

Anime is definitely overrated on MAL because half the retards on this site give every anime they finish 10/10, so if an anime has a score of 5.90, you know it is genuinely bad.
Nov 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
All depends on peoples opinions. Of the top 20 high-rated anime on mal, two of those I have rated at a 1/10.
Personally, I'm enjoying how unpredictable ClassicaLoid is. It hasn't been the greatest anime yet, but I'm expecting my score of a 6 to raise to a 7 or 8 eventually. I have high hopes.
Nov 20, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2013
I've only watched one episode but I don't think it deserves such a bad score |D
I mean, Taboo Tattoo, one of the most horrendous anime I've ever watched in my entire life, has a higher score than this. And that show is just absolutely god awful 8V

This one has good humor, and although it's pretty cheesy with its idea, I appreciate its originality and wackiness.

hopefully it goes up to at least a 7 by the time it finishes.
Nov 20, 2016 10:45 PM

Aug 2016
I was expecting this anime to be somewhere around 7

far from a masterpiece but 5.9 is a bit unfair
and im not a real fan of mixing academix music with electronic but the new versions/remixes are unsane in a good sense, like the show
MichaelJacksonJan 7, 2017 12:23 PM
:v
Jan 4, 2017 9:35 PM

Jun 2007
I wouldn't worry about the score of the show at present. Shows with low scores in the initial airing tend to end up with a higher score later on.

An example: Aku no Hana had an abysmal rating, either in the low 5.xx or even dipped below 5.00, when it aired in April 2013 and caused quite the controversy. It is now comfortably above a 7.00. ClassicaLoid has every chance of the rating increasing over time.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."
Jan 7, 2017 2:51 PM

Nov 2012
I still haven't rated it yet, but for the first 11 episodes I leaned more towards a 6, because there was no actual plot progression (or just bits of it), just daily routines and goofing around, what probably should made us laugh, but I don't think I ever laughed out loud, just some little smiles or sometimes even just sighs.
Ep 12 made it a bit better, some plot progression, but still nothing that would make watch the anime as soon as it comes out.
While I do like some of the arrangements (Chopins Lullaby and Liszt arrangement from ep 4), most of them are just meh.
The art is wacky, what fits this show, but somehow it tires me out.
The characters are the worst. I still have to come across one that I might actually like. The classicaloids are in their own world (well most musicians are, if I compare them with my roommates, that study music to become musicians).

Overall I'd rate it, for now, somewhere between 6 and 7..
Jul 20, 2017 2:58 PM

Jul 2015
I think Classicaloid is rating so low because it can get really weird and silly most of the time, seriously, Beethoven turned into a fish?

More topics from this board

Poll: » ClassicaLoid Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

26 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 12:57 AM

Poll: » ClassicaLoid Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

33 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 12:43 AM

Poll: » ClassicaLoid Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

63 by RGreatDanton »»
May 23, 10:24 PM

Poll: » ClassicaLoid Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

20 by Yuyiiscool »»
Mar 25, 2023 11:06 PM

Poll: » ClassicaLoid Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

9 by Yuyiiscool »»
Mar 24, 2023 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.