Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
I'm interested in seeing other's thoughts. (I'm leaning Shimada mostly because he's my favorite character and that relationship would be the fluffiest.)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2016 3:09 AM
Apr 2016
To be honest, since the start I wanted rei to be akari's partner. Obviously due to how Umino wrote the story, it made more sense for him to fall and connect with hina (specifically the bulky arc). But discounting that arc, it could have just as easily been akari. His growth matched the needs of both those two and they had both helped in grow to the person he has become. Even during the bully arc, his care minus a couple of actions (finding her on her field trip) could be easily taken as no more than a guardian role. Between hina and akari, akari would have far more benefited marrying him. She gave up so much of her life to become a 'mother’ and beyond this point baring any cheesy quick romance moments with whoever rei chooses as a suitor (most likely his old homeroom teacher), a romantic partner isn't likely to flourish naturally unless Umino somehow skillfully pulls a miraculous believable story (though I wouldn't put it past her with how she has handled the series so far). I know my ship has long sailed unless for some weird reason he realizes he is the only suitable husband for her and retracts his proposal to hina which would be totally awkward to write, but hina and rei will be together while akari will end up with the teacher most likely. Sigh, akari wouldn't be has sick as she is now if rei had said he was going to marry her instead. Dreams man, Dreams.
Oct 17, 2016 10:32 PM
May 2013
The current contender would be either Hayashida (the former homeroom teacher of Rei) or Shimada.
Oct 17, 2016 10:44 PM

May 2014
Wait what!??!?! How can you ship her with anyone but Rei?

I thought the story was obviously going to ship her and Rei together anyways. Im seriously going to be so pissed if she doesn't end up with rei. I mean, she's the Kaori to his Arima.
Oct 18, 2016 3:33 AM

Jul 2015
Alpha101 said:

I thought the story was obviously going to ship her and Rei together anyways. Im seriously going to be so pissed if she doesn't end up with rei. I mean, she's the Kaori to his Arima.

First of all, please don't compare this to Your Lie in April.

The post was referring to the current arc in the manga before it became a love triangle between Akari, Hayashida, and Shimada.

Rei has a different love interest that makes a lot of sense if you are aware of later events in the manga. There's nothing wrong with shipping it, but they are definitely not the Kaori and Arima of this story.
IntrovertedNinjaOct 24, 2016 10:03 AM
Oct 22, 2016 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
IntrovertedNinja said:
Besides, Akari's like nine years old than Rei.

Akari is 23. Rei is 19. It's been mentioned in recent chapters. It's a 3-4 year age gap both ways. I, too, want Akari to end up with Rei. But I know that is not happening ever since Umino-san slightly changed Hinata's persona with the hair cut.

I'd like to think Akari should end up with Hayashida, but Shimada had a chapter devoted to a women and a child (perhaps his?) via a flashback or via a dream? Both persons are logical in their own sense and could work for the better. I'd prefer Hayashida; don't like Shimada's lifestyle.
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Oct 23, 2016 9:42 AM
Jan 2016
alchemist11 said:
IntrovertedNinja said:
Besides, Akari's like nine years old than Rei.

Akari is 23. Rei is 19. It's been mentioned in recent chapters. It's a 3-4 year age gap both ways. I, too, want Akari to end up with Rei. But I know that is not happening ever since Umino-san slightly changed Hinata's persona with the hair cut.

I'd like to think Akari should end up with Hayashida, but Shimada had a chapter devoted to a women and a child (perhaps his?) via a flashback or via a dream? Both persons are logical in their own sense and could work for the better. I'd prefer Hayashida; don't like Shimada's lifestyle.

What you're referring to is when Shimada's mind wanders through all the potential futures he could have had if he hadn't decided to keep on with shougi.

What he sees is a future where he didn't break up with an old girlfriend to keep pursuing shougi and had a child with her.

So for all intents and purposes, that whole thing is irrelevant to the morality of Shimada potentially pursuing a relationship with Akari.
Oct 23, 2016 9:43 AM
Jan 2016
I, for one, am interested in seeing how Shimada might change with Akari. It's very clear that up until now he's thrown everything away for Shougi and his hometown because he's been unable to maintain anything else up until now. So seeing how he might potentially evolve because of his relationship with her would be exicting. (Also, like guys, his stomach pain disappearing with akari's food???? like you're not gonna tell me that's not narratively huge)

Also, like honestly i'm so confused @ all of you. how the heck did you read romance into akari and rei's relationship when she's been mom-ing it the whole time.

i honestly saw the thing with hina coming from back when he stood by her as she cried for her mother way in the beginning, but whatever. y'all do your thing~
Oct 25, 2016 3:47 PM
Mar 2015
Chapter 115 gives Rei's assessment of Akari's suitors. No one has asked Akari if she wants to get married
Nov 5, 2016 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
Alpha101 said:

Honestly, pairing Rei with Akari or ones of his adopted siblings is very boring cliches.
There are lot series where MC end up with his non-biology siblings, why we can't we have something refreshing with MC being family with his adopted sisters until the end without any romantic involvement?
Nov 12, 2016 3:24 AM

May 2013
my money on shimada because the latest episode hinted so.
Apr 6, 2017 2:33 AM
Apr 2017
Well, at first I thought that Rei gonna end up with either Akari or Kyouko (although both relationships were rather complicated to flourish into love, but these seemed the most interesting to me). It was quite surprising how Rei just declared his love for Hina, but understandable. I actually love Sensei's characte , but as for Akari, I think Shimada would be more suitable. Shimada is perfect from all aspects and they could support each other with Akari very well as Akari's dish stopped his stomach pain and he has a very stable background and also is very reliable, kind and balanced. OK, Shimada is my favorite so of course I am cheering for him as I see that Akari could be the source of his happiness and vice versa.
Nov 27, 2017 3:27 AM
Nov 2017
Honestly, I've always sort of shipped Akari with Nikaidou, lol.
Dec 2, 2017 7:07 AM

Nov 2009
I'm on the fence. Hayashida is a lively cheerful guy who's very good with kids, so he'll fit right in with the Kawamoto family, and Momo will sort of have a mommy and a matching daddy. But Shimada has his own charm, he's strong-willed and smart but not without kindness, and I'm sure he will very much appreciate the sense of homey-ness that Akari is so good at creating, as a top pro player he obviously makes a lot more than Hayashida ever could, so they won't be poor. If there is a downside with him is that he's not entirely healthy, and he probably can't become a "daddy" to Momo, but more like an uncle - close but still a little distant.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 2, 2017 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
This is coming as a shock to me O_o But it's kind of interesting considering I've only seen the anime.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 3, 2017 6:11 PM
Mar 2016
Soo rei wants to pipe a 13/14 yr old lawl smh some maddd left turn. And i dnt think akari loves any of those guys think shes just searching for that father figure again.
Jan 3, 2018 11:04 AM

Jan 2015
ImmortalFool said:
To be honest, since the start I wanted rei to be akari's partner. Obviously due to how Umino wrote the story, it made more sense for him to fall and connect with hina (specifically the bulky arc). But discounting that arc, it could have just as easily been akari. His growth matched the needs of both those two and they had both helped in grow to the person he has become. Even during the bully arc, his care minus a couple of actions (finding her on her field trip) could be easily taken as no more than a guardian role. Between hina and akari, akari would have far more benefited marrying him. She gave up so much of her life to become a 'mother’ and beyond this point baring any cheesy quick romance moments with whoever rei chooses as a suitor (most likely his old homeroom teacher), a romantic partner isn't likely to flourish naturally unless Umino somehow skillfully pulls a miraculous believable story (though I wouldn't put it past her with how she has handled the series so far). I know my ship has long sailed unless for some weird reason he realizes he is the only suitable husband for her and retracts his proposal to hina which would be totally awkward to write, but hina and rei will be together while akari will end up with the teacher most likely. Sigh, akari wouldn't be has sick as she is now if rei had said he was going to marry her instead. Dreams man, Dreams.

I think the same, akari x rei makes much more sense than hina x rei and i really hope it will happen somehow in the end....
Jan 15, 2018 12:38 PM

Jun 2011
I honestly can't choose who I want to see Akari end up with, I love both Shimada and Hayashida, so I would love to see it work out between either of them. I mean Hayashida is a pretty cheerful guy, so he'll definitely be a hit with Momo, he's also really dependable and kind, so I can't hate the guy. As for Shimada, I love how Akari's cooking kinda cured his stomach pains, and that really hints something big, but I can't imagine Shimada being the fatherly type, seeing how much he sacrificed for shoji.

ImAWeebUwU said:
ImmortalFool said:

I think the same, akari x rei makes much more sense than hina x rei and i really hope it will happen somehow in the end....

I doubt it's gonna happen, Chapter 130 hints that Akari has two men in her mind: Shimada and Hayashida.
Rayn3698Jan 15, 2018 12:42 PM
Feb 5, 2018 11:03 AM
Jul 2017
I think Akari and Gouda would make a cute couple.
Mar 5, 2018 3:26 PM
Aug 2015
Akari's actually 21 years old I liked to see Rei end up with Akari be he is most likely going to end up with Hina and I hope that Kyouko makes up with her father
Mar 8, 2018 9:13 PM

Oct 2014
Joshua_Bell said:
Akari's actually 21 years old

No, she is 23 years old as chapter 88 , she is 21 at the start of the story. Rei already said that it's been 2.5 years since he first meet the sisters.
Mar 10, 2018 5:55 AM
Aug 2017
Fenty_ said:
Soo rei wants to pipe a 13/14 yr old lawl smh some maddd left turn. And i dnt think akari loves any of those guys think shes just searching for that father figure again.

Ugh.. Rei is 19 while Hinata is 15/16. They even attend the same school and are close in age.
Mar 10, 2018 5:58 AM
Aug 2017
ImAWeebUwU said:
ImmortalFool said:

It is 100% not gonna happen. Rei is the one looking for suitors for Akari. Honestly, I can't understand how someone would ship a kid in high school with someone who old enough to work as a bar hostess. Rei is underage and can't even drink alcohol.
By the way, if they have a relationship now, it is illegal.
Apr 1, 2018 10:51 AM
Jan 2017
Souya!!! I know they haven’t met yet and it’s probably not possible but I just feel that Souya would suit Akari really well.
Apr 6, 2018 6:36 PM

Mar 2010
Most guys are like 13 years older than Akari. I would feel sorry for her.
Apr 7, 2018 11:06 PM

Mar 2016
I kind of hope it's Hayashida, I feel such strong sympathy toward him... But I love Shimada too.
Apr 11, 2018 8:57 AM
Apr 2018
https://nhentai(dot)net/parody/3-gatsu-no-lion/
Apr 11, 2018 9:34 AM
Aug 2016
Hiki_Komori001 said:
https://nhentai(dot)net/parody/3-gatsu-no-lion/

Why? this doesn't need a hentai version
Apr 13, 2018 6:13 PM

Nov 2017
i ship akarixsouya......*facepalm
I don't know honestly, it's really hard decision to choose between two good people, hayashida or shimada. Hence i ship akarixsouya XD

Seeing chapter 126 last scene though, is it a foreshadowing, i wonder? Akari sit next to shimada, shimada ate akari's curry. Hayashida gave akari a drink and akari accepted it. So it's like akari will live with shimada, while accepting hayashida's feeling, without giving any reply. Uwoooo *sparkle**sparkle*
Tirta_FirdausApr 16, 2018 3:01 AM
Apr 17, 2018 6:40 PM
Aug 2016
For some reason, I really want to see Souya meet Akari. LOL Imagine him blushing or being thrown off-guard for once.

Akari has an amazingly warm, compassionate and likable personality. If I were to choose between Shimada and Hayashida, I would prefer Shimada as Akari's partner. I'm more in favor to Shimada due to his backstory plus his strong and steady characteristics. I think Akari and him would really compliment one another. I like the sensei, and appreciate all that he's done for Rei. However, like Akari, Shimada has already gone through so many hardships. I just want to see the two of them happy (hopefully together).
chantilly01Apr 17, 2018 6:43 PM
Apr 27, 2018 8:26 PM
Sep 2017
ReixAkari
ReixHina
Nov 4, 2018 10:52 PM
Oct 2014
Wow I was just looking for a sneak peak into the anime but found a political debate. This is probably one anime that willvstay with me like few have still Rei and Akari sounds better because it would seem like she chose him right at the beginning since she brought him to her house and nursed him back to health sort to speak, I havent read the manga but I will now tnx guys
Jan 6, 2019 4:47 AM
Oct 2014
Thing is that he ows her for saving him from depression, so Rei and Akari are a better match, its all about the mental recovery of the protagonist so why not favor the reason for his come back which is Akari.
Jan 6, 2019 6:04 AM

Sep 2018
I think shimada or Takashi would be the most obvious and best choices but i think there like 10-15 years older (they look at least +35 years old) Akari is 23 at the moment i think, bc at the beginning of the story Rei was 17 and she 21 and now rei 19 and she should be 23-24
Jan 7, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2013
Rei will do a polygamy with Akari, Hina, and Momo (^_^)
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 16, 2019 7:36 AM
May 2011
I’m sure Rei isn’t even an option at the point that we’re at in this manga, though I don’t blame anyone for wanting them to be together.

I realllly realllly hope Shimada and Akari end up together. They’re interactions are just so sweet and they seem just so right for each other.. Shimada has faced so many hardships and deserves some sort of happiness. I have this feeling it’s going to be Hiyashida though.. (hope my gut is wrong tho)
Feb 26, 2019 12:46 AM

May 2017
Any news? I watch the aniem and i would like to buy the akari kawamoto action figure but it's expansive, I've been watching her for a long time but, if akari doesn't end up with rei I'm not going to think about it anymore
A person's life is not comprised of four repeating season, but a year-long winter wilderness, whether or not you stop to wipe your blood or tears, they will inevitably freeze over.
Apr 17, 2019 1:00 PM
Dec 2017
Ummmmm probably Touji Souya.
Apr 25, 2019 2:45 PM

Feb 2016
i really like shimada
but i still want her to end up with the teacher cause they both seem like a good match
also why the fuck would u ship her with souya
seriously guys..

Jun 26, 2019 2:39 AM
Mar 2013
In the beginning I was Shimada because he was honestly just a cool character. After rereading and rewatching the series, I'm now on the fence, but still heavily lean towards Shimada. I definitely relate to Hayashida and he honestly is a great sensei.

The pros to sensei is his overwhelming kindness. I could easily see him being devoted to Akari and especially to Momo. Definitely one that would support you through thick and thin. Unfortunately I still see him in a mentor role. Despite both of the guys being the same age, I feel like Sensei could mentor Akari. Though in his fairness, she does seem them both in a semi-romantic light equally.

As for Shimada. Well, he's also especially kind and all about family. He takes of the elders in his hometown and grew up poor. He's traditional and a hard worker. I can see him as a family man in all honesty, not the dad for Momo that Hayashida could definitely be, but he likes to tease Momo and is always a role model to Rei and Nikaidou. The natural bonus is that he would be the breadwinner and make enough for the family. The main negative is how perhaps the receiving side wouldn't want to be the main attention if it made him lose his dream (as what happened with his ex). Still, I think they would make it through it and Shimada might actually gain a title if Akari cooks for him before title matches.

Also Akari and Rei was more of a motherly relationship. That ship has long since sailed and sunk.
Jun 28, 2019 9:29 PM
Jun 2019
Where did you buy the manga for March comes in like a lion
Jul 1, 2019 9:44 PM

Sep 2018
Man i really like Shimada, so yeah I wanna see this ship but then again Hayashida is also cool. But I'd put my money on Akari x Shimada being canon.
Also I really don't get this Rei x Akari at all -_-
Sep 6, 2019 10:46 PM
Sep 2019
shimada x akari.. this triangle love kill hayashida...
Sep 29, 2019 3:05 AM

Jun 2017
It will surprise everyone if she end up with souya.
Oct 23, 2019 2:25 AM

Sep 2018
Hmm.. I can only think Hayashida (as of now - through anime, haven't yet caught up with the manga).. I want her to have a very responsible guy.. she deserves it TT---TT I love Shimada.. but he's very fragile and all, I want someone who can defend and help her in so many ways.. not another "negative/depressed" people that need to be saved.. I want Akari to be a princess (damsel in distress) not always taking care of gloomy people. She need someone she can depend on, not the other way around.

**** reading the manga.. I SHIP SHIMADA WITH AKARI <3 kyahh~
I love Sensei but Shimada is so cool!! the fragile guy can be dependable too :)

erenmeiiNov 8, 2019 5:23 PM
Dec 25, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
I would be happy with either shimada or hayashida. But i lean a little more towards shimada, I just love him so much. He does have the stomach problems, but akari’s food might make that better. He is a little more mature than hayashida. People are worried about the age gap, but i think they are in their thirties so it would be like a 10 year gap. A gap like that for adults is nothing, also Akari would fit with a slightly older man to be a father to momo, she herself is a “mother”. I really want her to be with someone that can share all the burdens of adult life.
Dec 31, 2019 12:04 PM
Dec 2018
I've only watched the anime and thought that Akari and Rei were being set up from that start, he is younger but has the mentality of an old man, so i don't think age is a problem.

But, in the latter episodes, i've been surprised to see them pushing Hina towards him and he seems to understand her best. I may well be way behind the manga, so don't really get some of the other contenders, but it does seem as if they are pushing Rei towards Hina, which is a bit odd for me at this point, as their age and mentalities seem further apart than Akari and Rei.

But looking at Rei, I wonder whether he is actually fated to end up with anyone that i have seen so far. He seems a bit too detached to me, but this Japanese anime/manga so detached probably doesn't rule anything out.
Jan 1, 2020 2:30 PM

Jul 2016
My opinion on akari x rei. I wouldn’t hate it, but i prefer rei x hina. Rei had to grow up extremely fast, that is the main reason he is now living independently etc., basically being an adult. Despite living like an adult, emotionally he is still a little boy. I admit he has already gone through a lot of healing in the manga, but still has much more ahead. His emotional state is one of the reasons Akari mothers him so much, making it hard for me to see a relationship there. Also Akari has a lot on her plate, Rei ending up with her would make him grow up even more than he already has, having to be pretty much a father (he is only 19 for chrits sake). With Hina (now that she is 15/16) I think he could have a more lighthearted relationship and still be with someone that can understand pain, they have the potential to support eachother and grow up together. Akari had to become a mother at 19 and it had an immense impact on her life, but that won’t be changing, that is the reason why I would prefer her to be with a grown man that has already had the chance to enjoy his youth and could help get a little of the load off of her shoulders. Rei barely had that chance.
Jan 26, 2020 5:40 PM
Aug 2011
At first i wanted her to end up with Hayashida because he was so silly around her ♥
But when she met Shimada, it think I ship them haha I know she can make Shimada feel healtier and i´d love to see that relationship grow. Sorry sensei u.u
Jan 26, 2020 9:07 PM

Feb 2019
I personally want her to end up with hayashida. Sensei deserves some love.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 209 Discussion

tywhoppity - Aug 23

1 by StallionXD »»
Sep 3, 3:56 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 208 Discussion

tywhoppity - May 23

3 by Ranxomare »»
Aug 24, 7:20 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 205 Discussion

Jabpi - Dec 7, 2023

8 by insomniac3011 »»
Jun 27, 2:39 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 207 Discussion

Seiign - Apr 25

6 by Ittan_Momen »»
May 25, 9:52 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion Chapter 206 Discussion

tywhoppity - Mar 21

3 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 7, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.