Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2016 3:13 AM
Jul 2016
So, at this point in the series, I think we can start to guess who the traitor is. I think the traitor is Great Gozu, im going to explain why but first let's look to the people who is still alive.

Makoto Naegi & Kyoko Kirigiri are out of question. We know all about them because they were the most important characters of the first game, and they have no reason to fall into Despair.

Aoi Asahina while she could have had a motive to fall into despair (her brother) I don't think she would. We also know her from the first game, and she were filled with hope thanks to Naegi & Sakura's sacrifice. Falling into despair would be like betraying them, and I dont think she would do that.

Kyosuke Munakata he is so crazy, but he isn't the attacker. If he were the attacker his actions wouldn't make sense. He truly wants to kill all the despair, he is just crazy.

Juzo Sakakura Same reason as Munakata, his actions doesn't make sense if he is the attacker.

Ryota Mitarai he was my principal suspect after the "fateful encounter" but after the last episode of Despair Side, I think we can say for sure that he is truly a good guy who never fell into despair.

Ruruka Ando she is a bad person and wanted to betray the Future Foundation, but all she did in the killing game was because of her forbbiden action, she even killed her childhood friend/boyfriend. If she were the traitor and knew everything, she would not be so afraid to die because of her forbbiden action.

Miaya Gekkogahara we already know everything about Mecha-Miaya so she is out of question too.

So, none of the living characters is a good candidate to be the traitor/attacker. Let's take a look at the dead ones.

Chisa Yukizome She is dead. She is soo dead. Munakata even stabbed her another time. If her body was a fake, then Kirigiri and the others would've noticed.

Daisaku Bandai he died in front of everyone by his forbbiden action, there's no way he faked his death, and same reason as Yukizome.

Kazuo Tengan we saw him being murdered and there's no way he survived that, and after his death Seiko got killed so he can't be.

Seiko Kimura we actually heard her thoughts, she only wanted to save everyone and again there's no way she faked her death, so she can't be.

Sonosuke Izayoi we know how he died, and again they examined his body so he can't be.

Koichi Kizakura we got backstory, know his intentions and saw how he died. Just out of question.

That only leaves us with one person: Great Gozu. Why I think he is the attacker? Well, because various reasons.

1. Along with Bandai, he is the only character who has not appeared in Despair Side. We don't really know who he is, what are his intentions, how he was involved in the incident etc. Heck, we don't even know his real name. The only thing that we know is that he apparently admires Naegi and wants to protect him. And by Munakata we know that the attacker probably wants Naegi alive.

2. The attacker is absolutely overpowered and so is he. He destroyed the floor with his elbow. The attacker hanged Chisa's body in the chandelier and smashed Seiko into the the wall.

3. Kirigiri said that the attacker always killed the same way and only with one stab in the hearth, so it has to be someone experienced. Gozu is not only the Ultimate Wrestler but also a bodyguard, so we can assume he is capable of that.

4. He is the only one out of all the victims that could have faked his death. The reason is simple, he wears a mask. That person who died with his can be absolutely anyone. And yes, probably some of the members know how he looked like behind the mask, but that can be the reason of why they stabbed his eyes, if even Kirigiri covered his face its because that doesn't look like a face anymore.

But, why would the attacker fake his death? Well, if we think about it, the attacker actually needed to fake his death. Think about it. Imagine if the traitor is Ryota. In order to kill someone, he has to wake up, go get the knife (because its always the same knife) pick a victim, kill him/her, and then return to the room were he is supposed to be sleeping. Wouldn't that be so difficult? Even if they are sleep its almost impossible to kill someone without getting bloodstains or slightly break your clothes, especially since he hang the victims. If the attacker were someone who is with the other characters they would eventually realize. So in order to kill without any problems, he had to fake his death.

Who is the dead body? Well, it can be anyone with the same complexion as Gozu, it can be for exemple one of the security guards that Asahina saw, or since the survivors thing counted when "Gozu" died maybe its the extra participant, now that we can be almost sure that Hagakure doesn't count.

PD: English isn't my first language so my apologies.
Sep 5, 2016 6:04 AM

Oct 2015
nice theory mate but I still think yukizome is behind the traitor, but we shall see
Sep 5, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2011
This theory kind of fell apart. Why? Gozu is kind of dead. Also Ruruka was reveal to be the attacker...also you didn't watch last episode? She is trying to stop boxer dude from escaping.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 5, 2016 9:41 AM
Jan 2009
MasterHavik said:
This theory kind of fell apart. Why? Gozu is kind of dead. Also Ruruka was reveal to be the attacker...also you didn't watch last episode? She is trying to stop boxer dude from escaping.

And how do you know that the masked wrestler with the secret identity is actually the corpse? We never saw the face of the character nor the face of the corpse.
Sep 5, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
MasterHavik said:

No she is not the attacker she found the knife in Kimura after she died and stuck it in Izoyai who she killed outside of the sleeping period.
Sep 5, 2016 10:14 AM

Jan 2011
Okay it is clear no one has been watching the show. She killed her boyfriend by making him eat food. We learned that he died because of the poison not because of the knife wound to his chest.

Also she wasn't the attacker she wouldn't try and stop the boxer guy from escaping.
Sep 5, 2016 10:18 AM

Nov 2013
MasterHavik said:
Okay it is clear no one has been watching the show. She killed her boyfriend by making him eat food. We learned that he died because of the poison not because of the knife wound to his chest.

Also she wasn't the attacker she wouldn't try and stop the boxer guy from escaping.

I don't think they directly revealed that she was the attacker. In fact, I don't see how she'd have the strength the attacker had when killing the others that were sleeping..
Sep 5, 2016 10:27 AM
Jan 2009
MasterHavik said:

Nobody said she didn't kill Izayoi with his NG code.
Just that it had no relevance with her being the attacker, actually having to resort to the NG code to kill makes you less likely to be the attacker. The attacker can be more directed if he/she needs to kill.

In fact she didn't even kill him to avoid him escaping from the premise
(last episode spoilers)
Sep 5, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2014
MasterHavik said:

She isn't the attacker

Watch episode 9
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 5, 2016 10:34 AM

Jan 2011
Comic_Sans said:
MasterHavik said:

She isn't the attacker

Watch episode 9
Okay I'll have to go gogoanime for it. Kissanime be slow as piss.
Sep 5, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2016
nagitokomaeda_ said:
4. He is the only one out of all the victims that could have faked his death. The reason is simple, he wears a mask. That person who died with his can be absolutely anyone. And yes, probably some of the members know how he looked like behind the mask, but that can be the reason of why they stabbed his eyes, if even Kirigiri covered his face its because that doesn't look like a face anymore.

I was about to dismiss your theory outright, but this is actually a fantastic point. Out of all of the "dead person X is the mastermind" theories I've seen, this is the only one that actually seems possible. This would also be a fantastic way for the attacker to ensure nobody else killed him in the "daytime." If he's off the field, his opponents can't win.

I'm not 100% convinced this is what happened, but it's certainly a very distinct possibility. Far more sensible than the "Makoto has a Junko AI hiding in his brain" theory, and far more sensible than anything I've come up with.
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

326 by Wantiid7 »»
Aug 11, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

280 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.