Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2015
I'm looking for anime that's similar to the comedy style of gintama that isn't a harem or nichijou unless it's something like danshi koukousei no nichijou or gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun which I found hilarious. I didn't really like(the anime) nichijou itself. I also loved beelzebub and ixion saga DT. I don't care if the comedy is a bit childish or vulgar but I draw the line at Detroit Metal City. Please give me recommendations!!
padlock14Aug 31, 2016 5:56 PM
Aug 31, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2015
Hmm...I'll just name the ones I thought were funny that aren't on your list...

Azumanga Daioh - Childish, but cute.
B Gata H Kei - Vulgar
Joshiraku - Satire, but clean. No 4th wall.
Excel Saga - Makes fun of everything! No 4th wall.

I wanted to recommend Carnival Phantasm, but you have yet to watch the Fate series.

I wanted to recommend Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, but you have yet to watch Full Metal Panic!

There are others I could name...but they're nearly on the level of Detroit Metal City...
Aug 31, 2016 6:15 PM

Aug 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/114/Sakigake_Cromartie_Koukou

Some people say this is the funniest anime they have ever seen. Reviews are all good. Eh, I thought it was pretty funny too. Definitely one of my favorites when it comes to comedy.
Aug 31, 2016 6:19 PM

Jul 2015
MyDistance said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/114/Sakigake_Cromartie_Koukou

Some people say this is the funniest anime they have ever seen. Reviews are all good. Eh, I thought it was pretty funny too. Definitely one of my favorites when it comes to comedy.

Thanks but I've already watched it- and I agree, it's pretty funny
Aug 31, 2016 6:21 PM

Aug 2016
FuturisticNinja said:

Yea I just noticed I looked on your list using the english name. Oops. Still got a lot to learn.
Aug 31, 2016 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
Tarotist said:
Hmm...I'll just name the ones I thought were funny that aren't on your list...

Azumanga Daioh - Childish, but cute.
B Gata H Kei - Vulgar
Joshiraku - Satire, but clean. No 4th wall.
Excel Saga - Makes fun of everything! No 4th wall.

I wanted to recommend Carnival Phantasm, but you have yet to watch the Fate series.

I wanted to recommend Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, but you have yet to watch Full Metal Panic!

There are others I could name...but they're nearly on the level of Detroit Metal City...

I've tried azumanga daioh and B gata H kei but I've never tried joshiraku or excel saga, I'll check them out thanks
Aug 31, 2016 6:22 PM

Jul 2015
MyDistance said:
FuturisticNinja said:

Yea I just noticed I looked on your list using the english name. Oops. Still got a lot to learn.

It's all good:) thanks for taking the time to look
Aug 31, 2016 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Gintama is my number one comedy too. I'd say Great Teacher Onizuka comes as a close second so maybe you could try that. Onizuka's antics are very similar to Gintoki's.

I would also honestly say Golden Boy and Prison School, but they're even more vulgar than Detroit Metal City, so...yeah.
Aug 31, 2016 6:28 PM

Jul 2015
I actually started watching GTO... but never got around to finishing ep2 I'll try picking it up again thanks

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime recs

Saiunknown - May 22

9 by shiroha »»
2 minutes ago

» Fantasy Setting and Magics Anime

shiroha - 29 minutes ago

0 by shiroha »»
29 minutes ago

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

56 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
1 hour ago

» TV SERIES ABOVE 2005 WHICH ALREADY FINISH

dusitz - May 21

8 by Huskyhulk »»
Today, 9:21 AM

» Any romances that have a happy or somewhat conclusive ending that I havent watched?

theanimefreak95 - May 22

9 by Huskyhulk »»
Today, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.