Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 3, 2016 9:30 AM
Feb 2016
Even if it want to target a younger audience, it doesn't make sense because it's the second season of a series. If you want to keep up to the story, you HAVE to watch first season. people who like the first season will go to the second season and see a BIG dissapointment. people who don't like the frist season will just drop the series altogether. It just... It doesn't make any sense, even from business perspective
Apr 3, 2016 10:01 AM
Mar 2016
They're still fighting them Roaches, when will they even think about going home.
Apr 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Mar 2011
Barcia said:
Kagami said:
Why is everybody defending S1 when back when it was first airing everybody called the show trash? It went beyond the censoring shit too.

Weird.

This. Everyone seems to have forgotten how bad S1 was

EDIT: not saying this episode was good, it was trash

Compared to this first episode, season 1 was a fucking masterpiece even tho it was far from it and full of problems. That only shows how bad this atrocity of episode was. Worst April fools joke ever. I don't even...
Apr 3, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2014
Someone saw the first season and said "This needs more bad humour. BAD humour."

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 3, 2016 11:46 AM
Sep 2014
I didn't have any problem with the second season.

The opening and ending are suiting the anime, not the best opening yet not bad.
I am not used to the art and the animation is not as good as before, but i have no problem with that, i don't demand much for something most of us here watch for free.
I also like how the show becomes a little brighter with some humor, i just doubt it will stay this way the whole season and to be honest i had enough of the season one gore, so i have no problem at all to see the current group survive the upcoming death.

I gave the episode 5/5 because i enjoyed it and i think its unfair how people rate the anime bad just because of the used budget.
Apr 3, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2014
BlightBoy17 said:
I didn't have any problem with the second season.

The opening and ending are suiting the anime, not the best opening yet not bad.
I am not used to the art and the animation is not as good as before, but i have no problem with that, i don't demand much for something most of us here watch for free.
I also like how the show becomes a little brighter with some humor, i just doubt it will stay this way the whole season and to be honest i had enough of the season one gore, so i have no problem at all to see the current group survive the upcoming death.

I gave the episode 5/5 because i enjoyed it and i think its unfair how people rate the anime bad just because of the used budget.
the problem is this. The animtion, the opening, hell everything they changed doesnt fit with the tone of the manga. its supposed to be dark, gritty, hopeless, full of despair with blood and gore everywhere. thats just how it is. This....this isnt that.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Apr 3, 2016 12:23 PM

Aug 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm a new OP song...not really sure how I feel about that part tbh.

The art style feels rather a bit different but I think it's easy to adapt with. Those cockroaches are still butt ugly though. And also, the way this episode started gave me the impression of a gross feel related to the conflict humanity is still engaged in.

Those screams though...I bet the VAs had a lot of fun.

what cause they look like black people racist bigot ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2016 12:48 PM
Apr 2015
Very disappointed in the Art style, it looks too kawaii and colourful. The action is there yet it's not as exciting as the previous season, it doesn't have that epicness and violent and dramatic looks and feel. It brings shame upon the previous designers.
And they are trying very to put forcr some comedy sense in all that, but it feel awful just to watch.
Apr 3, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
What happened to the art and animation ?
Apr 3, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
Mroujeee said:
What happened to the art and animation ?

The staff was busy singing a hippopotamus song! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
Apr 3, 2016 3:02 PM

Apr 2014
i am disappointed ,the anime has become closer to Cgi and lost his style
Apr 3, 2016 3:21 PM
Jul 2011
Still hoping this was an April Fools joke, although. . . my doubts on that are high and my expectations from here on out incredibly low.

I enjoy the first season immensely. The art style was by far superior to whatever this shite is. And it's only the first ep of the second season, lol. I don't want to say 'well it can't get any worse than this, can it?' but somehow, I think it just might.

Guess I'll prioritize the manga for a change. :)
Apr 3, 2016 3:31 PM
Jul 2011
The artstyle itself isn't just the problem by itself (though it's pretty drastic coming from S1 or even the manga) the whole tone of the series is. Terraformers wasn't a super engaging story, It's a war against giant roaches on Mars...only so much you can do there.

What even carried S1 into being watchable for me was the series being fueled by the gritty, brutality, and dreadful atmosphere of S1. It felt like a throwback to some old 90s anime. I would hate to see the Adolf double episode arc played out under S2's direction.

Terraformers I figured was supposed to be like a Japanese Starship Troppers coming off S1 but now S2 make it feels like random shounen series #45854 that fail to catch the popularity of stuff like One Piece and such. That OP was so shounen cheese it hurts. Though I won't lie the ED was pretty nice...if used in some other show (or maybe in a big fight that's close to S1's style).

Akari was getting sliced and diced and it looked like he was getting tickled with a little dash of ketchup every now and then.
Crappy roach decaps, if you blinked you would have missed it.
The fighting feels less intense. Every hit from S1 had impact.

From R rated to PG-13.
Apr 3, 2016 3:53 PM

Apr 2008
......."sou ka".

Now I'm going to wonder if this absurd comedy was from the manga, and it was just removed from S1 (like many adaptations. Ie: GANGSTA), only to surface in S2. There were some jokes in S1s, such as the boys and Michelle, and they came off as dry.

If it wasn't, well...The huge jump to dark to light (and the manga was nasty) was pretty big. I could say that I didn't mind that much. Maybe it's just for this ep? It's just weird to get a breather after a couple of years of waiting for S2.

The animation for this was obviously....different. Been explained to death already. The first ep is roughly a repeat of S1 first ep, cept the kid replacing the little sister. That's actually not out of ordinary as Akari shows that kind side.

This is considered to be a part of the "Sendou" genre (fighting), so they really really have to fix that martial arts movement. I think I can imagine improvement as some of the S1 fighting was swift or at a standstill.
shakeyourpup45Apr 3, 2016 4:08 PM
Apr 3, 2016 4:32 PM
Feb 2016
Its been so long since I saw season 1 I completely forgot who was who and the animation change completely threw me off, seems less brutal than season 1 as well.

I thought it was an okay episode but it did give me the feeling that's its been censored and if that's the case I hope they release an uncensored version like season 1.
Apr 3, 2016 5:00 PM

Mar 2011
BlightBoy17 said:

Unfair?? What happened to the heavy atmosphere, horror feel and cool art style? What happened to the battles to the death where humans and cockroaches beat the crap out of each other? The gore, dark and gloomy environment, weird looking/silly/scary alliens, serious characters and the strategic fights by using the unique insect abilities in a life or death situation were the charm of this anime and now it's completely gone. Now we got some stupid PG-13 LN harem adaptation with cheerful and colorfoul atmosphere, comedy and cheesy character dialogues... and those boring fights? WTF?? Are you fucking kidding me?? Now they can only throw punches with action scenes even worst than Dragon Ball Super with no sense of danger or tension at all. It's like i'm watching teen titans or something. They also completely changed the characters personality. Like someone here said, they all went from "we came here to earn money for x reason, but now we are doomed to die" to "sigh, oh well, im here and shit, but that's ok. Let's have some nakama fun with ecchi moments". Michele, for example, is completely unrecognisable.

I never seen such 180º turn in a show before. It's like your favorite metal band started to release Britney Spears like albuns..lol. Sad part is, there are people who actually liked this abomination. Like i said before, season 1 had it's problems, but this episode was just.... i don't even.... not like this, not like this...
Apr 3, 2016 5:11 PM
Oct 2013
I didn't read the manga, but i saw people complaining about the 1st season. To be honest i liked the first season which offered something quite original. After watching the first episode of the second season, i can't bear watching the changes. No more intensity during the fights, no more deaths shown, it's trying to switch from a seinen to a shonen, and not a good one.

It's becoming a dull shonen anime. I hope the next episodes get more intensity, but i doubt it when i see the changes.

Sorry if they are mistakes in my english.
Apr 3, 2016 5:43 PM

Oct 2011
Terra Formars YAY...OMG new style 0____0
Apr 3, 2016 8:39 PM
Nov 2010
I watched the first episode with my brother today and we were both disappointed (him more than me). He was negative from the getgo, but I was willing to give it a chance. The animation is way too different, there was hardly any blood, and the action scenes were TERRIBLE. Although, as others have said, if its truly an APRIL FOOLS joke, then it would be one of the best jokes I had ever seen (heres hoping).

For those who say that people were criticizing Season 1 as trash anyway, I actually liked Season 1. I gave it a 7/10 because I liked the animation, gore, story, and atmosphere. I liked how intense the battles were and how dire the situation was for survival. Although the pacing was a bit slow, at least Season 1 made me want to see more with that cliffhanger ending.

I'll give it one more episode to see if truly is a joke or if it improves by then.

Also, I would LOVE to see this done to Attack on Titan. Imagine the huge backlash that it would spawn.
Apr 3, 2016 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Oh shit I hope this is an April Fool's joke... otherwise what the fuck am I watching
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 3, 2016 8:58 PM

May 2012
Sanji-sun said:
I think this season is beter then the first one, i love the art still but didn't like the op :P

How can you say this "season" is better than the last one after watching only one episode? You can say you like the first episode, but you can't say it's better than the entire last season.

Of course this goes both ways so i won't complain yet. Let's see the next 2 episodes first.
I despise woke people.
Apr 3, 2016 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
Can I point and laugh at all the fucking people who watched 1 PV and thought that this was going to blow the first season out of the water?

This shit was fucking garbage.

The art and animation are both bad. The bgm is terrible now. They switched over to some moe, school-life SoL shit as soon as the fighting stopped. All of the characters look sorta similar now and quite generic, ffs Michelle's face was redrawn 12 different ways in this episode alone. Half the time she looked like a dude. There was an entire line she spoke and the character mouth didn't move.

The abundant use of cheap ass CGI on the roaches is pretty bad too.

The fighting has been kiddied down now. Before they'd attack roaches and their limbs and blood and green fluids and shit would be flying all over the place. Literally every time Michelle would touch someone the chemical reaction would make them explode with guts flying. Now they blow up in flames which makes no sense. Or they just drop dead with no gore.

Every character now became an expert martial arts user. In season 1 humans were frail. A roach could use a make shift gun or toss a stone at 100mph and kill one of the characters in a split second. The whole point was to not get hit because they'd 1HKO you. The bug powers were always heavily used because that was their only means of attack. Now every character who fought was just going in hand to hand like it was no big deal, not using any powers whatsoever. And they could take hits like it was nothing.

Season 1 was so much better. It was dark, gritty, mature. The characters all looked distinctly different. They all fought differently. There was always high tension and the threat of instant death looming. No character was safe. There was no time for dinner and shower breaks with happy music playing in the background.

Honestly the only bright side of this new season is that it looks like they're shipping Akari and Michelle pretty hard. Which everyone is ok with.
Apr 3, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2012
Jonesy974 said:

Every character now became an expert martial arts user. In season 1 humans were frail. A roach could use a make shift gun or toss a stone at 100mph and kill one of the characters in a split second. The whole point was to not get hit because they'd 1HKO you. The bug powers were always heavily used because that was their only means of attack. Now every character who fought was just going in hand to hand like it was no big deal, not using any powers whatsoever. And they could take hits like it was nothing.

Ok lets complain, but without getting delusional, shall we?

This episode was basically Michelle and Akari fighting and they always destroyed the roaches. No one else fought. Alex protected some guys, but the roach he grabbed wasn't one of those strong ones.

You can even see those weak roaches killing almost everyone leaving just that blond girl and that was because the captain and those two guys arrived and saved her.

I fail to see this "Every character now became an expert martial arts user". Can you point where you saw this?
I despise woke people.
Apr 3, 2016 10:13 PM
May 2013
I am so absolutely fucking disappointed with this. Complete trash. The sound direction has failed. The animation looks like it has dropped about ten standards of quality. The music is objectively worse. The weight of the fighting, and the nature of the fighting have been completely diminished. The tone and the color of the show has completely gone in another direction and killed the atmosphere. The characters have been all smacked across the head with shonen SoL hammers and I want to vomit. This isn't terraformars. This is pure unadulterated shit.
Apr 4, 2016 2:01 AM

Nov 2012
bastek66 said:
They even took away Michelle's ABS

Exactly! How dare they, maybe I´ll drop soon.

My Candies:

Apr 4, 2016 4:11 AM

Apr 2011
Only good thing about this so far is the Seikima-II OP. Other than that... what everyone else says.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Apr 4, 2016 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
LOL a slice of life studio is in charge of this.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Apr 4, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2016
Jonesy974 said:

Season 1 was so much better. It was dark, gritty, mature. The characters all looked distinctly different. They all fought differently. There was always high tension and the threat of instant death looming. No character was safe. There was no time for dinner and shower breaks with happy music playing in the background.

Honestly the only bright side of this new season is that it looks like they're shipping Akari and Michelle pretty hard. Which everyone is ok with.

Couldn't agree more with this. I watched the uncensored version of S1 in early January so it's not to far out of mine. There is the brutality or darkness to this series, hell there isn't much blood either. Previously arms heads and blood went flying now we see complete corpse bugs.

The thought of a MC dieing at any point seems to all but be gone. Before you couldn't tell who was going to get axed next (like akame ga kill) style. Now it seems mostly everyone is safe that made it through S1. Hopefully it turns darker soon or otherwise it's a shell of season one.

The art style is also pretty lame but whatever, I could deal with that if it was the same everywhere else but that just adds to the frustration.

I am wondering if they are going to release a Bluray with a totally different experience, maybe that's why they are holding back already. I know season 1 censorship was horrible so maybe that's why they dialed it back. Either way it seem pretty bad 1 episode in right.

Here's hoping for a much better Ep2.
Apr 4, 2016 9:57 AM
Jun 2015
The Animation is way better than the first season but the Gore is gone :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2016 1:06 PM

Feb 2014
So mostly everyone is crying like a little baby because of the animation change? Grow up people, if you don't like how it looks just make your own animation or not watch it at all. I for one don't care how the animation looks, I just appreciate that the creators took time off their hands to make the anime for people to enjoy.
Apr 4, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
We got to love the trolls...lol. On popular series they spam the number 1 rating, but in garbage adaptations like this one they give it a 5. That only shows how bad this season 2 is xD
I almost fell off my chair laughing at the number of people that rated "5" and even "4" in this episode! You guys made my day!
DemonneoApr 4, 2016 4:51 PM
Apr 4, 2016 5:16 PM
Nov 2015
Ok ... Lets get real here, this 2nd season isnt bad, its complete TRASH and the 1st season wasnt good it was FKING AWESOME. The character development, the art, the animation, the plot, the gore, exept the how slow the plot was progressing everything was awesome and it was REALLY loyal the the manga. There were epic plot twists and cool fights coming up but now even the plot is derailed, we get fillers (in season 1 they had meaning since they developed the characters) that we have already seen, shitty animation and fights, the gore was 100% removed, we can only tell characters apart from their voices and.... i almost forgot this isnt a review but i have so much shit to give to this "2nd season" that i cant help it. Anyway i wont be watching the anime anymore and i will stick with the awesome looking manga... Dear shitty anime studio that i dont even know your name and i dont even want to know at this point, thnx for ruining this for me and the rest of the people that think i am right.
Apr 4, 2016 8:57 PM
Nov 2013
To be honest, I'm surprised how many people are liking this crap. Like, this isn't Terraformars. Season 1 had all that despair and brutality. One wrong hit and anyone would die. Now in Season 2, you take 50 hits and still stand. You give 3 or 4 hits and the roaches, I can only assume, faint. I miss the ripping off heads, punching a hole through the roaches kind of gore? I'm not typically a fan of senseless violence, but this anime doesn't feel right without it. Especially since it was originally based on the whole premise of one wrong move and it's kill or be killed.

Don't even get me started on that comic relief girl character.
Apr 4, 2016 10:02 PM

Nov 2010
Oh man... that was bad. REAL bad.

Like, I don't even know where to begin. The first season wasn't amazing, but it had a lot of things a liked: the dark palette choices, character designs, the almost constant tension hanging over the cast as almost every time they let their guard down someone got their head ripped off, etc. In combat things felt weighty where they should, and fast where they should, the Terra Formars would obliterate weaker crew members in a single hit, and all but the most durable would be notably damaged from a single punch, and the cast members were the same, bulky characters would have strong hits that would kill or damage the bugs and fast characters would dispatch them in the blink of an eye, while weak characters, fast or slow, would do next to nothing. There were some animation flaws, and occasionally someone would have a nose so big it could trigger a jewish person, but in terms of atmosphere, fight choreography, etc. the first season did well.

Better throw all that shit out the window, right? The color tones are bright and vibrant now, characters even shine like the sun when transforming, which cuts the gloomy horror atmosphere right off the bat, makes it feel so much more like generic shounen, which I don't think works in the shows favor. Akari is almost unrecognizable from his season 1 look. Hits don't seem to count for much now, literally the first episode and Akari gets taken into the sky and wombo comboed and doesn't seem really damaged till he crashes back to the ground, and on the reverse, he does a dumb little combo on the mole Terra Formar and none of the hits produce visible damage till he does a roundhouse kick to decapitate the damn thing. The tension is also totally fucked once the fight is over, jokes are being thrown around, Orca guy has the embarrasment/fear lines I would expect from a slice of life shoddily put over his face, just... christ.

Almost nothing feels the same, and literally nothing seems to have changed for the better. Guess I'll just start reading the manga. Fuck.
Apr 5, 2016 5:23 AM

Feb 2016
Much better than the first season, the changes made were all to target a much broader audience and it appeals to me now, probably not the manga readers but its more than obvious that this anime isn't for the manga readers.

Shueisha is really pushing this series the anime together with the live action.
harkanApr 5, 2016 5:30 AM
Apr 5, 2016 9:35 AM
Feb 2009
Down the drain @min14
Apr 5, 2016 3:07 PM
Mar 2012
I didn't even watch it and I hated it.
Apr 5, 2016 5:26 PM

Jul 2011
Well... It's time to start read the manga I guess!

I really liked the first season but this...
Apr 5, 2016 6:38 PM
Oct 2015
Garbage, this is garbage
as manga reader, it feels like they're throw shit on my fucking eyes
Apr 5, 2016 10:35 PM
Dec 2014
Dude talk about a major tonal shift from s1 to s2 we lost that dark seriousness to the show now it's pg13 with bad jokes and chibis and they add new shit that never happened in manga like Akari going super saiyan I hope this gets better but I Huggy doubt it will but man I'm I glad I picked up the manga its a lot better than what this first episode
Apr 6, 2016 7:01 AM

May 2015
so fuckin weird to start with...

i think they're input some trash joke into them, it's absolutely annoying... i mean this is high tension anime show
Apr 6, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
ummmm.... what did I seriously watched?! This starts off worst than Schwarzesmarken... like seriously?!? Liden Films did a better job on Schwarzesmarken than Terra Formar Revenge... weird.
Apr 6, 2016 10:13 AM

Nov 2009
Well, at least I really liked the opening song...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 7, 2016 1:59 PM

Apr 2008
better episode than the first season lol haters gonna hate anything that doesn't have schoolgirls
Apr 8, 2016 10:41 AM
Dec 2014
jkun said:
better episode than the first season lol haters gonna hate anything that doesn't have schoolgirls

You do realize that this season looks more like SoL schoolgirl shit than the first season, right? If anything, you liking this episode means you prefer PG-13 series more.
Apr 8, 2016 3:56 PM
Aug 2012
rideryou2 said:
A little piece of greatness for the ones who has forgotten the s1 and how freaking shity is this one compared

These epic last season videos say clearly why this episode was pure shit.
Apr 8, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2014
I miss when even the lowest of the roaches can kill a human with a single blow, that makes every fight tense and trilling, because every blow could be the last for annyone, that really makes things serious and desperate to survive, but now they can punch and kick each other like they are doing some friendly spar, omg, even naruto taijutsu fights looks better than this u.u, "brilliant" way to take away the gore producers pussies ¬¬
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Apr 8, 2016 10:09 PM
Apr 2016
Different team, different vision and direction. This was simply bad. The CGI was lower quality along with the fight scenes. Bright colors don't mesh with horror and ruins the atmosphere/tone that was already set.

People that say stupid crap like "well do your own animation" or "you're just hating" offer nothing intelligent to the conversation.

If you like Season 2, that's fine, but don't go spouting ignorant crap because many of us do not care for the complete change that has taken place.
Apr 9, 2016 3:30 AM

Feb 2008
OMG! What have they done to this show?! I'd rather have S1 censorship than this PG13 crap.
Also, the animation looks horrendous for a 1st episode. I can only imagine how later episodes will look.
Apr 9, 2016 1:36 PM
Sep 2014
This episode made me cry. Poor budget. Bad animation. The action had no effort whatsoever. Season1 censored had more action, gore than this. I sense fanservice too. Don't get me wrong. I'm not a action fanatic but this is terraformars for god sake. Its suppose to be a serious type of anime. Look what they've done. I'm in tears
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» What chapter?

Saku33 - Jun 20

0 by Saku33 »»
Jun 20, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.