Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2015 9:20 AM
May 2015
Can I actually make myself get notified if someone replies to my threads or threads I'm following? I find it sometimes rather annoying to check new comments by directly go to the wanted threads. Maybe some kind of pop up notification like the one in facebook for example.
Jul 19, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
No. I think there are email notifications? but who the fuck checks that?

Jul 19, 2015 9:22 AM

Nov 2014
LemonCup said:

I do since i use mal on mobile and whenever an email comes in my phone vibrates
Jul 19, 2015 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
light_O_light said:
Can I actually make myself get notified if someone replies to my threads or threads I'm following?

I think what you want is "My Watched Topics". Just toggle which threads you want to "watch" first though by clicking the circle beside each thread title in a board like Casual Discussion for example. It's watched if the circle is active.

Email? There is no feature like that so far.
Jul 19, 2015 9:25 AM

Feb 2012
Wrong board. And there's a userscript for that.
Jul 19, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
damastah said:
light_O_light said:
Can I actually make myself get notified if someone replies to my threads or threads I'm following?

I think what you want is "My Watched Topics". Just toggle which threads you want to "watch" first though by clicking the circle beside each thread title in a board like Casual Discussion for example. It's watched if the circle is active.

i thought that when ur watching a topic you get notifications via email?cuz thats what happens to me
Jul 19, 2015 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
damastah said:

Really? I remember getting an email notif at one stage about someone replying to my thread. It might just be from a different forum then.

Jul 19, 2015 9:29 AM

Dec 2014
PrevE said:
damastah said:

i thought that when ur watching a topic you get notifications via email?cuz thats what happens to me

Same here. Just switch to the desktop version of MAL. (If mobile version is not notifying you.)
Jul 19, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
PrevE said:

LemonCup said:
Really? I remember getting an email notif at one stage about someone replying to my thread. It might just be from a different forum then.

My gmail doesn't get stuff from MAL though, only PMs give me email notifications. :/
Jul 19, 2015 9:30 AM

Nov 2014
damastah said:
PrevE said:

LemonCup said:

My gmail doesn't get stuff from MAL though, only PMs give me email notifications. :/
Must be some sort of strange setting then,check the forums tab under profile edit
Jul 19, 2015 9:31 AM
May 2015
damastah said:
light_O_light said:

Yeah I know how to find watched topics, but still I find it easier to just get a pop up notification, because most of the times I watch other tabs in my browser and it's inefficient to always go to the tab for MAL just to check if new comments are posted.

TyraMisoux said:

Sorry I tried to post this question in FAQ forum but seems like not everybody can post there.
Jul 2018
I don't have time to check my email :(

Jun 2014
testamentKAISER said:
PrevE said:

Same here. Just switch to the desktop version of MAL. (If mobile version is not notifying you.)

But I do use the desktop version even on mobile(I always do "Request Desktop Site")

PrevE said:
damastah said:

Must be some sort of strange setting then,check the forums tab under profile edit

Maybe, I dunno. O__O
Jul 19, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2012
light_O_light said:
damastah said:

Yeah I know how to find watched topics, but still I find it easier to just get a pop up notification, because most of the times I watch other tabs in my browser and it's inefficient to always go to the tab for MAL just to check if new comments are posted.

TyraMisoux said:

Sorry I tried to post this question in FAQ forum but seems like not everybody can post there.

FAQ? You need the Support board: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?board=3
Jul 19, 2015 9:35 AM
May 2015
testamentKAISER said:

Just switch to the desktop version of MAL. (If mobile version is not notifying you.)

Desktop version? How to switch that on, is this mobile phone stuff only? (Sorry I'm such a beginner)
Jul 19, 2015 9:37 AM

Jun 2014
light_O_light said:
testamentKAISER said:

Just switch to the desktop version of MAL. (If mobile version is not notifying you.)

Desktop version? How to switch that on, is this mobile phone stuff only? (Sorry I'm such a beginner)

If you're on PC, you're already on the "desktop version".

On mobile phones, you may get the mobile site. If that's the case, on the upper left you should see a menu button(three lines is the symbol of this button). Click that and a sidebar will pop out. Click on "Request Desktop Site".
Jul 19, 2015 9:38 AM
May 2015
TyraMisoux said:

Ah it's that section, ok thanks. But looking at the other's comments here, it's actually not like I can get the solution unless the forum make a change on it.
Also I prefer not to use e-mail notif as it will flood out my e-mail list in no time.
Jul 19, 2015 9:42 AM

Feb 2012
light_O_light said:
TyraMisoux said:

Ah it's that section, ok thanks. But looking at the other's comments here, it's actually not like I can get the solution unless the forum make a change on it.
Also I prefer not to use e-mail notif as it will flood out my e-mail list in no time.

As I wrote there's a userscript for your issue. Without the email thing.
Jul 19, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2012
Here, found them: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1365439

Maybe they help.
Jul 19, 2015 9:46 AM
May 2015
TyraMisoux said:

First off, I'm not familiar with computer programming which sounds like a thing you are talking about. But will it eventually do what I want - get some kind of pop up notifs? Would you please tell me or direct me to a link where I can make use this userscript thing? It seems like it's a customized way as no one else have mentioned this.
Jul 19, 2015 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
LemonCup said:
Jul 19, 2015 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
Look at the post above yours.
You need greasemonkey and that's basically it. The userscripts are written by Sehiyko and you just simply install them clicking on the links I provided in my last post.
Jul 19, 2015 9:54 AM
May 2015
TyraMisoux said:
Look at the post above yours.
You need greasemonkey and that's basically it. The userscripts are written by Sehiyko and you just simply install them clicking on the links I provided in my last post.

Alright thanks.
Jul 19, 2015 10:05 AM

Dec 2014
No.
If it had, but doesn't work well, it might flood the notifications a lot (always notifying). If not, might be okay.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jul 25, 2015 6:12 PM
Jun 2015
LemonCup said:

I know right we all up in the forum fuck profiles XD
Jul 25, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2014
LemonCup said:
damastah said:

When you create a thread you it automatically gets added to Watched Topics. So if you opted for email notifications from Watched threads then you'd get emails for replies on a thread you created.

Jul 26, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2015
PrevE said:
LemonCup said:

I do since i use mal on mobile and whenever an email comes in my phone vibrates

Same here ^^ .. It's a great help for me.
Aug 14, 2015 1:03 AM
Jun 2015
Who cares MALs profiles are useless its all about Fourm POSTS :D LOL
Aug 14, 2015 1:04 AM
Jun 2015
And lol Anispace already has this like google plus you post or click add comment to anyone's profile and it shows up in red that you have sent the comment their layout as far as profiles is much better

More topics from this board

» Do you play video games? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Mar 13, 2022

51 by Vezioh »»
11 minutes ago

» What is a food you hate that everyone likes? ( 1 2 )

ThisAaugh - Aug 30, 2023

92 by camay1997 »»
22 minutes ago

» Favorite places in the EU you have visited, and where in the EU would you like to go next

KiraraFan - Yesterday

7 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago

» What are you investing your money in? What are your goals?

removed-user - Nov 16, 2021

33 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

3 by GinInYourJuice »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.