Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2015 9:45 AM
Jan 2015
Im searching for an anime thats is a true romance anime . The reason i called it true romance is because the anime only focus on romance genre and the mc and heroine either ended up together like Itazura Na Kiss or it give us an opinion whether mc and heroine will become a pair or not . I've been wasting my weekends just for searching and not watching any anime . So if you would kindly suggest me some anime , i would definitely appreciate your kind help . I dont care if the anime has whatever genre in it as long as no harem please . But , if the anime is what im talking about and happens to have harem , then i dont mind it at all . Peace ~
Feb 3, 2015 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
Toradora! has to be my favourite romance anime and Maid-sama is a close second.
Feb 3, 2015 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
Ef a tale of memories /melodies
Kimi nu Iru machi
Suzuka
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Rumbling hearts
Myself ;yourself
True tears
Kokoro connect
Feb 3, 2015 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
Amagami SS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 10:24 AM

Oct 2014
+1 Toradora -same people who produced Golden Time

Sukitte Ii na yo
Kimi ni Todoke
My Little Monster

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
This one is practically one-way -- the girl is a hardcore book worm. Don't expect the usual dating and relationship stuff...and yet, has nice moments when she gives him a little attention now and then. Needs another season or movie.
8oomerFeb 3, 2015 10:28 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Feb 3, 2015 8:56 PM
Jan 2015
HG97 said:
Toradora! has to be my favourite romance anime and Maid-sama is a close second.

I already watched Toradora! and yes its also one of my favourite romance anime ever too ~
Feb 3, 2015 9:01 PM
Jan 2015
blessofcurse said:
Kimi nu Iru machi
Suzuka
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Rumbling hearts
Myself ;yourself
True tears
Kokoro connect

-Planning on watching Ef a tale series
-I'll try kimi nu iru machi
-have watched Suzuka however , i prefer the manga
-Is Kimikiss worth watching ? If it is i'll give it a try
-also is Rumbling hearts worth watching ?
-Planning on watching myself ;yourself
-Does true tears have drama ? If it does how much drama does it have ? Did it make you cry ?
-also does kokoro connect have drama ?
Feb 3, 2015 9:05 PM
Jan 2015
8oomer said:

Sukitte Ii na yo
Kimi ni Todoke
My Little Monster

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
This one is practically one-way -- the girl is a hardcore book worm. Don't expect the usual dating and relationship stuff...and yet, has nice moments when she gives him a little attention now and then. Needs another season or movie.

-Toradora! already watch it and love this one
-also have watched Sukitte linayo
-already watched kimi ni todoke
-have watched my little monster but do you think there is a second season of it ? Cuz i dont know why they ended up just like that
-bokura wa minna kawaisou have watched this one but i hope it have a second season and especially a movie although its just my opinion
Feb 3, 2015 9:08 PM
Jan 2015
MoeEverywhere said:
Amagami SS

How close does this anime with my topics ? Is it a true romance thingy ? Sorry for asking im just one of those dude who full of curiousity . Its a habit
Feb 3, 2015 9:09 PM

Sep 2014
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is definitely what you want, though they end up together in the Manga and not the Anime.
Feb 3, 2015 9:14 PM

Oct 2014
ToshibaKenichi said:
8oomer said:

Sukitte Ii na yo
Kimi ni Todoke
My Little Monster

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

-have watched my little monster but do you think there is a second season of it ? Cuz i dont know why they ended up just like that
-bokura wa minna kawaisou have watched this one but i hope it have a second season and especially a movie although its just my opinion

Looks like you are missing a lot of titles in your Completed anime list.
According the the My Little Monster page there is just a 27 min parallel universe episode (haven't watched it).

Feb 3, 2015 9:23 PM

Dec 2014
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Ao Haru Ride
Clannad and After Story
Amagami SS and SS+ Plus
Toradora
Feb 3, 2015 9:42 PM
Jan 2015
8oomer said:
ToshibaKenichi said:

Looks like you are missing a lot of titles in your Completed anime list.
According the the My Little Monster page there is just a 27 min parallel universe episode (haven't watched it).

I know my list of completed anime is missing a lot cuz i keep forgetting what i have watched or not . Its gonna take a while to list it . Is the parallel universe episode for the My Little Monster is an OVA ? 
Feb 3, 2015 9:45 PM
Jan 2015
Ardnozel said:
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Ao Haru Ride
Clannad and After Story
Amagami SS and SS+ Plus
Toradora

-how close does Ano Natsu de Matteru come to my topics ? Is it a true romance anime or one of those its up to the viewer to do the thinking ?
-already watched Ao Haru Ride
-planning on watching Clannad series
-i think im planning on watching Amgami series .
-already watched Toradora!
Feb 3, 2015 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
ToshibaKenichi said:

-how close does Ano Natsu de Matteru come to my topics ? Is it a true romance anime or one of those its up to the viewer to do the thinking ?

Its a true romance

Rumbling Hearts is also worth it. Not the most happy go lucky romance but its nice.
Feb 3, 2015 11:22 PM

Jan 2008
ToshibaKenichi said:
MoeEverywhere said:
Amagami SS

How close does this anime with my topics ? Is it a true romance thingy ? Sorry for asking im just one of those dude who full of curiousity . Its a habit

Amagami SS is the quintesential romance story alright however it's also episodic. There are multiple girls and "alternate universes" like routes in VN's where he picks a different girl everytime. SS+ however fucks it all up - if you want to watch Amagami SS do not bother yourself with the "second season" because it will ruin your experience. It is supposed to be "what happens next" after he conquers each girl but it actually backpedals on itself.

-already watched Ao Haru Ride

You have to read the manga to get closure - last chapter is coming out in 2 weeks I think. Unless you like open and unresolved endings? I don't know - they allways piss me the hell off whenever I see them.

planning on watching Clannad series

Tomoyo chapter is best chapter.

Harrymanhunter said:
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is definitely what you want, though they end up together in the Manga and not the Anime.

The anime ends on such a note that it allmost made me drop romances in general.
Feb 3, 2015 11:34 PM

Sep 2014
zero no tsukaima is pretty good
Feb 4, 2015 12:52 AM
Nov 2010
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (Short 6-episode anime, but is a decent true romance anime)
Bakuman (Romance is a subplot, but is an important aspect that drives the motivation of one main character. And pretty sweet too)
White Album 2 (a great true romance anime featuring a love triangle)
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien/Rumbling Hearts (also features a love triangle)
Feb 4, 2015 1:49 AM
Jan 2015
Chewie-hakase said:
zero no tsukaima is pretty good

I plan on watching Zero No Tsukaima
Feb 4, 2015 1:53 AM
Jan 2015
eplipswich said:
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (Short 6-episode anime, but is a decent true romance anime)
Bakuman (Romance is a subplot, but is an important aspect that drives the motivation of one main character. And pretty sweet too)
White Album 2 (a great true romance anime featuring a love triangle)
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien/Rumbling Hearts (also features a love triangle)

-Already watched Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
-Is bakuman worth watching ? Many many many times that some people suggested me Bakuman cuz the romance are good but what you said about subplot kinda make me curious
-planning on watching White Album series
-Also planning on Rumbling Hearts
Feb 4, 2015 1:59 AM

Sep 2014
ToshibaKenichi said:
blessofcurse said:
Kimi nu Iru machi
Suzuka
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
Rumbling hearts
Myself ;yourself
True tears
Kokoro connect

-Does true tears have drama ? If it does how much drama does it have ? Did it make you cry ?

true tears is OVERLY dramatic, it's forced drama and sad music all the time , I would not recommend it
ImaishiFeb 4, 2015 2:04 AM
Feb 4, 2015 2:12 AM
Jan 2015
klooha said:
ToshibaKenichi said:

true tears is OVERLY dramatic, it's forced drama and sad music all the time , I would not recommend it

Ohhh so True Tears only focus on drama and it can make people cry ? I thought it focus on romance genre but if you said it than i wont watched . Thanks for the quick info . Peace ~
Feb 4, 2015 2:18 AM

Jan 2015
honey and clover coz of teh feels
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Feb 4, 2015 2:33 AM
Jan 2015
Remv_quevav said:

What kind of feel do you refer to ? Just curious thats all
Feb 4, 2015 2:40 AM

Sep 2014
ToshibaKenichi said:
klooha said:

Ohhh so True Tears only focus on drama and it can make people cry ? I thought it focus on romance genre but if you said it than i wont watched . Thanks for the quick info . Peace ~

It focuses on romance, but this romance is just overly dramatic and it's overbearing, not very enjoyable to watch IMO.
Feb 4, 2015 2:42 AM

Jan 2015
ToshibaKenichi said:
Remv_quevav said:

What kind of feel do you refer to ? Just curious thats all

i dunno... it has a mixture of comedy and melodrama. it always shift lol
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Feb 4, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2008
klooha said:
ToshibaKenichi said:

It focuses on romance, but this romance is just overly dramatic and it's overbearing, not very enjoyable to watch IMO.

MC also makes the worst possible choice in the history of fiction.
Feb 4, 2015 4:20 AM
Nov 2010
ToshibaKenichi said:

-Is bakuman worth watching ? Many many many times that some people suggested me Bakuman cuz the romance are good but what you said about subplot kinda make me curious

Oh, it's definitely worth watching. Main focus is not on romance but on the aspirations of two manga artists striving to achieve the dream of becoming famous manga artists and, for one manga artist, to have his manga adapted as an anime so that he could marry the girl of his dream. Pretty inspirational anime if you ask me. But more importantly, the romance between the male MC and female MC is certainly pure and true love. The romance, while not the main focus, is an important motivation and drive behind the male MC's goal of becoming a successful manga artist.
Feb 4, 2015 6:09 AM
Jan 2015
eplipswich said:
ToshibaKenichi said:

Oh, it's definitely worth watching. Main focus is not on romance but on the aspirations of two manga artists striving to achieve the dream of becoming famous manga artists and, for one manga artist, to have his manga adapted as an anime so that he could marry the girl of his dream. Pretty inspirational anime if you ask me. But more importantly, the romance between the male MC and female MC is certainly pure and true love. The romance, while not the main focus, is an important motivation and drive behind the male MC's goal of becoming a successful manga artist.

Alright then . I think im gonna put bakuman series on my plan to watch then . Thanks for your help . Peace ~
Feb 4, 2015 6:58 AM

Oct 2014
ToshibaKenichi said:
I know my list of completed anime is missing a lot cuz i keep forgetting what i have watched or not . Its gonna take a while to list it . Is the parallel universe episode for the My Little Monster is an OVA ? 

The page for it says OVA. Two reviews were written scoring 8 and 5. Nothing more on wikipedia except the English translation of the title is "Sitting Next to Gangster-kun" (would be nice if a mod would add that to the "Alternate Titles" section). As I said, I've not yet watched it.
8oomerFeb 4, 2015 7:03 AM

Feb 4, 2015 7:17 AM

Jun 2014
Don't believe in biased opinion. /facepalm
Drama/romance is hit or miss, so it's really depends on your taste if you'll enjoy it
Feb 4, 2015 8:20 AM

Jun 2010
klooha said:
ToshibaKenichi said:

In your opinion.
I have a different opinion and I think OP should give it a try.
It's a teen melodrama, and I guess this is pretty obvious from the start. Anyone who ventures through the drama/romance genre is fully aware of what to expect from series like this, so the occasional tearjerker or heavier scene shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, compared to some stuff on the list you quoted: Ef, Suzuka, KimigaNozomu, it's a pretty light drama.
The OST is godly and perfectly placed throughout the story with beautiful violin and grand piano pieces.

@OP:
Don't take this guy's words for truth. True Tears is a melodramatic romance, with SoL and coming-of-age elements. Still, its focus is on the romantic relationships between the main characters (how can something focus on "drama" anyway? Drama is a genre and plot element, not a focus).
All of those are worth watching and if you want more, check the list:
xbobxFeb 4, 2015 8:23 AM
Feb 4, 2015 8:26 AM

Sep 2014
xbobx said:

In your opinion.
It's a teen melodrama, and I guess this is pretty obvious from the start. Anyone who ventures through the drama/romance genre is fully aware of what to expect from series like this, so the occasional tearjerker or heavier scene shouldn't be a problem.
Besides, compared to some stuff on the list you quoted: Ef, Suzuka, KimigaNozomu, it's a pretty light drama.
The OST is godly and perfectly placed throughout the story with beautiful violin and grand piano pieces.

@OP:
Don't take this guy's words for truth. True Tears is a melodramatic romance, with SoL and coming-of-age elements. Still, its focus is on the romantic relationships between the main characters (how can something focus on "drama" anyway?).

Of course it's 'in my opinion', I stated mine just like you did yours, what's up?
And honestly, the OST wasn't all that good either. I mean, the music itself wasn't bad, but it was sad from the start, and it made the show even more dramatic than it should be. And well, I mentioned what I have watched from the list, so I can't really tell how dramatic others were (I did try Ef though, and dropped it pretty soon)

To each their own I guess, but I just think such forced, unnatural drama is pretty bad and makes romances worse, that's why I discourage others to save them from the painful experience of sitting through stuff like this.
Feb 4, 2015 9:46 AM

Jun 2010
klooha said:
To each their own I guess, but I just think such forced, unnatural drama is pretty bad and makes romances worse, that's why I discourage others to save them from the painful experience of sitting through stuff like this.

You do realize how forcefully biased your comments are, don't you?
Feb 4, 2015 10:30 AM

Oct 2014
Judging by the MAL rating (7.68) True Tears can't be too bad. Could you imagine what this forum section would look like if the tiny minority who rated a certain title 3 or lower felt it their duty to weigh in in order to "discourage others to save them from the painful experience" of similarly rated titles? See this.
8oomerFeb 4, 2015 10:44 AM

Feb 4, 2015 7:32 PM
Jan 2015
8oomer said:
ToshibaKenichi said:

The page for it says OVA. Two reviews were written scoring 8 and 5. Nothing more on wikipedia except the English translation of the title is "Sitting Next to Gangster-kun" (would be nice if a mod would add that to the "Alternate Titles" section). As I said, I've not yet watched it.

Ohh so its an OVA . Probably im not gonna watch it . Thanks . Peace ~
Feb 4, 2015 7:35 PM
Jan 2015
xbobx said:
klooha said:

In your opinion.

@OP:
Don't take this guy's words for truth. True Tears is a melodramatic romance, with SoL and coming-of-age elements. Still, its focus is on the romantic relationships between the main characters (how can something focus on "drama" anyway? Drama is a genre and plot element, not a focus).

Hmm i guess you right about that . I'll give it a go on maybe 4-8 episodes on true tears . Thanks . Peace ~

More topics from this board

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
8 hours ago

» Anime that fits this criteria? (or similar to GaoGaiGar)

GoldionHammer - Yesterday

9 by GoldionHammer »»
8 hours ago

» Romance Drama

AdityaRizkiS - Sep 15

5 by UberBat »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for a certain shade of brown hair

Nagi_Karman - Yesterday

3 by mo_lave »»
10 hours ago

» Recommend some anime (slice of life).

rey_s9 - Sep 12

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.