Forum Settings
Forums

Recommend me games for Tales, Atelier, Rune Factory, Shin Megami Tensei

New
May 21, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2011
Only play before FF and Pokemon. I have 3ds and ps3. Thanks.
May 21, 2014 11:10 PM

Sep 2007
Tales of Graces F - PS3
Tales of Xillia - PS3
Rune Factory 4 - 3DS
SMT4 - 3DS
SMT3: Nocturne - PSN
Persona 3 FES - PSN
Persona 4 - PSN
Devil Survivor Overclocked - 3DS
Devil Survivor 2 - DS
May 22, 2014 12:18 AM
Jul 2009
I think there's a remake of Tales of the Abyss on 3ds.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
May 22, 2014 5:42 AM

Jun 2011
Dont know what to expect with Tales, never play one before but the gameplay look good. Which one to start? Graces or Xillia or Abyss?

More recommendation? I have the whole summer. How about Atelier? or Disgaea and Etrain Odyssey franchises?
May 22, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2014
rein13th said:
I think there's a remake of Tales of the Abyss on 3ds.

Yea, they remade tales of the abyss for 3ds. I played it on the PS2 only though and I dont think it's that different for the 3ds version
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
May 22, 2014 6:00 AM

Apr 2014
Tales of Vesperia, gogo.
May 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2008
I liked Abyss. Vesperia was kind of boring for me. It's a well-made game, though.
May 22, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
Abyss was good, Vesperia was shitty unless you live in Japan or speak japanese.
May 22, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2011
Bought Abyss and Xillia will play this weekend. Is Rune Factory stand alone, can I just go straight into 4? How about Etrain Odyssey?

Rivayne said:

Cant speak japanese and it is on xbox 360 for english.
May 22, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2008
chizzz said:
Is Rune Factory stand alone, can I just go straight into 4?

Fairly sure they're stand-alone games.
May 23, 2014 6:36 AM

Jun 2011
Just start Xillia, this opening got me psyche. Get people into mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjmoZzPrals
May 23, 2014 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
chizzz said:
Bought Abyss and Xillia will play this weekend. Is Rune Factory stand alone, can I just go straight into 4? How about Etrain Odyssey?

Rivayne said:

Cant speak japanese and it is on xbox 360 for english.
I know it is and its a shit version
May 23, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2013
No fire emblem?
May 23, 2014 9:24 AM
Mar 2011
soul haclers saturn version find the spcit in english and play the defitive version off the game the ds is a good port of a bad port the ps1 port is ballls and that the one that was ported to the 3ds
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 23, 2014 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
Udgey said:
No fire emblem?

forgot bout this! which would you recommend, the ds game or 3ds?
May 23, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2013
There's a ps3 port for Persona 3 FES and Persona 4.
My family is a treasure, you need a map and shovel to find them.
May 23, 2014 9:49 PM

Sep 2007
chizzz said:
Udgey said:
No fire emblem?

FE:Awakening for 3DS is much better than the DS one.
May 23, 2014 10:15 PM
Mar 2011
Wasabi said:
chizzz said:
Udgey said:
No fire emblem?

Hell no FE Kakusei ie 3ds one is over noobed up casual mess of a game

for FE id no for ds one its the reamke of the first game
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 24, 2014 12:22 AM

Mar 2014
I noticed no one recommended anything Atelier.
Try Atelier Escha and Logy if you want to start of with the Atelier series. Much less lenient on time management and it has pretty solid cell shaded graphics. If you already played it, the other atelier game i'd recommend is Atelier Totori. It's much more time strict and requires a lot of planning but fun nonetheless. Atelier Meruru is a good follow-up to Totori since it's somewhat connected storywise.

Don't get Atelier Rorona btw. Unless you're a hardcore atelier fan. Rorona has the hardest gameplay out of all the atelier games in the ps3 and requires you to follow a guide to the tee. The graphics aint that good either. If you're interested in Rorona though wait for the remake version.

The last atelier game I haven't mentioned for the ps3 is Atelier Ayesha. Not much to say about this. It's about the same as Escha and Logy in terms of time management but it's a bit dull at times. Try the other atelier games first before this one.

For anything else non atelier, try the recommendations of the users above. Still waiting for Atelier Shaari to come out D:
May 24, 2014 5:24 AM

Jun 2011
Moenyan said:
Try Atelier Escha and Logy if you want to start of with the Atelier series. Much less lenient on time management and it has pretty solid cell shaded graphics. If you already played it, the other atelier game i'd recommend is Atelier Totori. It's much more time strict and requires a lot of planning but fun nonetheless. Atelier Meruru is a good follow-up to Totori since it's somewhat connected storywise.

Don't get Atelier Rorona btw. Unless you're a hardcore atelier fan. Rorona has the hardest gameplay out of all the atelier games in the ps3 and requires you to follow a guide to the tee. The graphics aint that good either. If you're interested in Rorona though wait for the remake version.

The last atelier game I haven't mentioned for the ps3 is Atelier Ayesha. Not much to say about this. It's about the same as Escha and Logy in terms of time management but it's a bit dull at times. Try the other atelier games first before this one.

For anything else non atelier, try the recommendations of the users above. Still waiting for Atelier Shaari to come out D:

Thank for info but no PS Vita. Seem like all remake on Vita for Atelier Arland was better, I buy those when I buy Vita.

EphemeralDream said:

There are so many versions of Persona 3, is the PSP one better or FES? I got both PSP and PS3.
May 24, 2014 7:10 AM

Mar 2011
any tales on the ps3 as they are all great,for Shin Megami Tensei go for Nocturne Persona 4/3, Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny is pretty good.

As for Atelier games try I would say Atelier Totori first then go down the line from there, I would say start with Rorona but they are releasing a remake which fixes a lot of the things of the original one.
May 24, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2007
chizzz said:
Moenyan said:

Thank for info but no PS Vita. Seem like all remake on Vita for Atelier Arland was better, I buy those when I buy Vita.

EphemeralDream said:

There are so many versions of Persona 3, is the PSP one better or FES? I got both PSP and PS3.

Depends. P3Portable gives you the option to play a female MC instead, which changes a large portion of Social Links, giving you extra replayability. It also improves the gameplay including being able to control your party members (many seem to have issues with how retarded the party AI can be in the original P3).

However, it removes the anime cutscenes and cuts out a lot of the traveling between locations, opting for menu-based selection for locations.

FES is the exact same as the original P3 with the added addition of The Answer chapter, which is a separate epilogue chapter. It gets really grindy.

In addition, the definitive version of P4 is P4 Golden on the Vita. But since you don't have one, you can grab the original off the PSN.

FGAU1912 said:
Wasabi said:
chizzz said:
Udgey said:
No fire emblem?

It's not like the game forces you to use casual mode. Ramp up the difficulty. Problem solved.
May 24, 2014 6:54 PM
Mar 2011
Wasabi said:
chizzz said:
Moenyan said:

EphemeralDream said:

Depends. P3Portable gives you the option to play a female MC instead, which changes a large portion of Social Links, giving you extra replayability. It also improves the gameplay including being able to control your party members (many seem to have issues with how retarded the party AI can be in the original P3).

However, it removes the anime cutscenes and cuts out a lot of the traveling between locations, opting for menu-based selection for locations.

FES is the exact same as the original P3 with the added addition of The Answer chapter, which is a separate epilogue chapter. It gets really grindy.

In addition, the definitive version of P4 is P4 Golden on the Vita. But since you don't have one, you can grab the original off the PSN.

FGAU1912 said:
Wasabi said:
chizzz said:
Udgey said:
No fire emblem?

It's not like the game forces you to use casual mode. Ramp up the difficulty. Problem solved.

view few people will not use casual mode

May 24, 2014 10:37 PM

Sep 2007
FGAU1912 said:

You're basing this assumption on what exactly? Majority of people I've seen went with classic for the obvious FE feel.
May 24, 2014 10:42 PM

Sep 2011
Rivayne said:
The ps3 version is superior and all but story wise it borders on identical. The only difference was flynn joins the party however he doesnt do with until near the very end of the game in the last 15% of the game, and even then he was still prominent in the finale as well as the rest of the game. Patty sits silently throughout most of the game outside of parts specifically made for her character that never really go anywhere.

Saying its shitty for lacking what is essentially a couple hours of extra content in a already 50 hour game is just absurd.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 25, 2014 2:17 AM
Mar 2011
Wasabi said:
FGAU1912 said:

You're basing this assumption on what exactly? Majority of people I've seen went with classic for the obvious FE feel.

from reviews on yt who say they did play classic mode correcrly ie thye may as well of played noob mode ie they would rest and relod soon as some one died so the ideal of perma death is there the threat is not

imo i think agarest dod tje semi perma death diea in a better why were you had the buy a revive 1000 Gold per level per Character

May 25, 2014 6:39 AM

Jun 2013
For Atelier series, I recommend to start with Atelier Rorona, though if you are a completionist like me, you will have to follow a guide, or play through the game at least couple times to get all the endings and such. That said, my word doesn't really weigh much, as I've only played Atelier Rorona myself. I have bought Totori and Meruru too, and I'm planning to buy Escha & Logy, but I haven't got around to play them yet (I've bought way too many games lately, and I have no clue when I'll get around to finish all of them).
May 25, 2014 7:09 AM

Jun 2011
Thank everyone for helping and contributing. Just found out that a game called Lost Dimension is made for PS3 and Vita in future. It is from the makers of Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey with Gravity Rush artist. New IP inspired by Shin Megami Tensei IV, it looks good.

too many games I want to play, too little time. first world problem.
May 25, 2014 10:30 AM
Jul 2009
chizzz said:
Just start Xillia, this opening got me psyche. Get people into mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjmoZzPrals

Every time I start playing that game I always listen to it whole :P.
Moenyan said:

I think the Rorona remake will also be coming out of the ps3 so the graphics problem shouldn't bother you anymore but the hard parts are still there; well kind of.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
May 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Rivayne said:
The ps3 version is superior and all but story wise it borders on identical. The only difference was flynn joins the party however he doesnt do with until near the very end of the game in the last 15% of the game, and even then he was still prominent in the finale as well as the rest of the game. Patty sits silently throughout most of the game outside of parts specifically made for her character that never really go anywhere.

Saying its shitty for lacking what is essentially a couple hours of extra content in a already 50 hour game is just absurd.
So you won't agree that Tales guts the games for NA releases? If people keep buying stuff like that it just tells them it will still sell even if they are fucking us over.
May 25, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2010
FGAU1912 said:
FE Kakusei ie 3ds one is over noobed up casual mess of a game

It's probably the easiest FE I ever played.

Doesn't make it not good.
May 25, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2011
Rivayne said:
JizzyHitler said:
Rivayne said:

So you won't agree that Tales guts the games for NA releases? If people keep buying stuff like that it just tells them it will still sell even if they are fucking us over.
I couldnt give less of a shit if we got inferior versions, cause you know what the alternative was? Not getting them at all. Besides vesperia wasnt a gutted version, they didnt hold back any content because its the original version they got in japan too, the ps3 version was a re-release nearly 2 years after its first release and a year after its US release. the only thing we got "gutted" on was not having voiced skits before 2006. They havent been cutting stuff since abyss because the games are selling well now and they have faith in the series overseas.

So you can either over-react over what is bonus content that isnt even supposed to be good to the point where you arent able to play the games at all, or you can deal with losing roughly a hour of content in a 50 hour game and actually play the fucking game.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 25, 2014 10:06 PM
Mar 2011
Thrashinuva said:
FGAU1912 said:
FE Kakusei ie 3ds one is over noobed up casual mess of a game

It's probably the easiest FE I ever played.

Doesn't make it not good.

you id not grow up with the franchise like did i i can never say an FE is out and out trash like what FF has truned in to of late bust FF for the most part has always been the csual rog franchise

i do not want FE to becoame the same mess FF has and the casualizton in kakisei has made it look like its going that that way the same way te sucess of the Persoma games has hurt SMT as a Franchise play any of the SMT games on the famicom Su fami and psx/Saturn and you see how casual SMT has become

im not Idea factory fan but agarest senki Franchise has been the best set of RPGs in the last gen by far

More topics from this board

Poll: » Between these two franchises ,which do you think has the better soundtracks?

Thy-Veseveia - 4 hours ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
4 hours ago

» Online games in your life ( 1 2 )

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

53 by FanofAction »»
7 hours ago

» Do you still use ur disc drive to play games ?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

12 by Vampire_Lord »»
10 hours ago

» For the people who have played odin sphere leifthrasir, who is ur fav character to use?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 4

2 by Thy-Veseveia »»
11 hours ago

» Wuthering Waves

ashisland - May 20

24 by SaltyCookie »»
Today, 12:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.