Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2014 4:27 PM

Dec 2012
Basically I'm wondering if there's any sports anime that takes the sport seriously and revolves around an all girls team. By seriously, I just mean that the sport itself is the main focus of the show, not showing off the girls. I don't mind if there's mild fan-service, but I'm not looking for cute girls/cute things or blatant fan-service/ecchi such as Softenni or Ro-Kyu-Bu.

Or in simple terms, something like Diamond no Ace, Slam Dunk, Kuroko no Basket, or Ookiku Furikabutte, only with an all girls team instead of all boys.

Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.
Feb 17, 2014 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
Taishou Yakyuu Musume

ehh thats all i got
Feb 17, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2013
I haven't seen these yet so I don't know if sports is the main focus or if there's excessive fan service, but they look like they fit your "all girls team" requirement so I'll mention them anyway:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2986/Bamboo_Blade
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5141/Taishou_Yakyuu_Musume.

There's also Girls und Panzer if you consider tank battling as a sport. It kinda seems like a cute girls doing cute things anime, but it does take the tank battling somewhat seriously: main focus is about the national tank tournament and the MC does devise a couple of strategies throughout the series to try win against her opponents. There's also quite a bit of technical information about their tanks and whatnot.
Feb 17, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2008
+1 Girls und Panzer. You will like it. Promise.
Feb 17, 2014 4:50 PM
Feb 17, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2012
Taisho baseball Girls!!! It an A+ anime with lots of fun, endearing moments, great characters, and no fanservice or 'overpowered' characters whatsoever!
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 17, 2014 4:54 PM
Aug 2013
chihayafuru from what I hear. It's like a chess/checkers type game similar to hikaru no go. I don't know the specifics.
Feb 17, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2012
jasonk123 said:
chihayafuru from what I hear. It's like a chess/checkers type game similar to hikaru no go. I don't know the specifics.

Chihayafuru is excellent, and one of my favourites, but it doesn't have an exclusive all-girls team. The main lead is a girl and there are plenty of great female characters. Highly recommended.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

More topics from this board

» looking for mystery anime recommendations

Nemuri-no-Kogoro - 5 hours ago

3 by mo_lave »»
8 minutes ago

» what to watch after Lain

kerokero- - Sep 14

8 by JoeChip »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that fits this criteria? (or similar to GaoGaiGar)

GoldionHammer - Yesterday

10 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Romance Drama

AdityaRizkiS - Sep 15

6 by KyanBun »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for a certain shade of brown hair

Nagi_Karman - Yesterday

3 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.