Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2013 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to the Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Game for Nintendo 3DS discussion thread.

Here, you can chat and discuss anything regarding the game itself.
All the spoilers must be put under the Spoiler Tag, and the users should know that below any of them, spoilers do await. Failure of doing so will lead to the comment being removed.

Release date: 5th of December, 2013 (Japan)
YouTube Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0LekR7lC30
Cost: 6090 Yen (Approximately 60 US Dollars & approximately 45 Euros)

Keep it a nice and clean discussion; all MyAnimeList Forum Rules apply.
Sep 28, 2013 4:34 PM
Mar 2013
I don't think it's getting released outside of Japan
Sep 28, 2013 4:50 PM
May 2013
No! No to all of this I love SnK but if you pay $60 for this you might be retarded This game is going to be nothing more than a cheap cash grab to catch the left over hype SnK caused.
Sep 28, 2013 5:33 PM

Jun 2007
This is going to be, as already said, just a shitty cash grab. I've no doubt about that.

Not to mention there's already the awesome fan-made game (http://fenglee.com/game/aog/) that just keeps getting better and better every update + has online MP. I feel like they should just pay him to make this official and let him do his thing.

This 3DS game will be terrible, not just in comparison to that - but in general it'll be a cheaply made game. There are very few anime-to-game games that aren't 90% visual novel 10% gameplay or just 100% terrible. This looks like the latter. I mean, the fact it's on 3DS just furthers that problem. They have the funding to make a game on a real console and they chose instead to do the FAR CHEAPER thing in terms of developing the game and threw it onto a 3DS with some half-assed looking everything so far.

Can't say I'm a fan of the late-ps1 tier graphics either. The 3DS might be a handheld, but it can do better than that. From the cutting in the trailer, looks like it'll probably be automated/QTE combat but free movement aside that too. Looking terrible.
TallonKarrde23Sep 29, 2013 2:33 AM
Sep 29, 2013 1:38 AM

Mar 2013
I cannot really say I care about them being overthrown with money. I myself will first watch some of the gameplay, and if I'll think the game is interesting, and that I can actually move around the space, not just being 2D with a 3D effect, I'll most likely buy it.
Sep 29, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2013
What I saw in the latest trailer looked like garbage. 1/10 - wouldn't even download.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Oct 1, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiPBCTg1zI

Looks even worse now that they showed more gameplay. I love how his 3DMG is attached to nothing half the time - literally aimed into the sky, yet still working.

The graphics and animations look corny and like a low budget flash game - everything feels slightly off in terms of movement and the weird cartoony feeling look of the characters.

0 interest now. I'll stick with fenglee.
Oct 1, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2013
For now fenglee looks better than this one.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Oct 1, 2013 5:04 PM
Sep 2013
BlindSamurai said:
No! No to all of this I love SnK but if you pay $60 for this you might be retarded This game is going to be nothing more than a cheap cash grab to catch the left over hype SnK caused.

This post is so right
Oct 2, 2013 9:19 PM

Oct 2009
The game looks terrible. I know the 3DS can handle much better. Take Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for example. The game looks absolutely gorgeous on the 3DS while SNK looks like my cat's asshole on it. It's also sad how the cable shoots into the air randomely.

Oct 2, 2013 11:02 PM

May 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiPBCTg1zI

Looks even worse now that they showed more gameplay. I love how his 3DMG is attached to nothing half the time - literally aimed into the sky, yet still working.

The graphics and animations look corny and like a low budget flash game - everything feels slightly off in terms of movement and the weird cartoony feeling look of the characters.

0 interest now. I'll stick with fenglee.

"3DS - Attack on Titan - New AWESOME Gameplay 進撃の巨人"
Oct 3, 2013 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
I can't really saw that I'm impressed with the newest Trailer, either.
Well, it's more of a "No" than "Yes" for me at the moment.
Oct 3, 2013 12:15 PM
Aug 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_zTFlfttkA

Are we in 1995? Why don't they take their time and make an actually good game :/
Oct 3, 2013 1:33 PM

Apr 2011
Throttlee said:
I'm a freak SnK fan too, and I'm not really caring if this game will be outstanding or a totally gargabe, I'm totally buying it and have fun as much as I can.

Jesus, you gotta be freaking kidding me. You're going to waste your money in this trash? Just play this one for god's sake http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
Can't believe they did this shit when the anime was godly awesome, this is shameful.
Oct 3, 2013 4:52 PM

Mar 2013
Anime adept game are not that well made because whether the game is bad or not people will buy it because the popularity from the Anime/Manga.
Oct 3, 2013 6:37 PM
Jan 2013
all I've seen are scenes from inside the walls, What about forest of giant trees etc.
Oct 4, 2013 7:34 AM

Mar 2012
It doesn't mind how good the anime is, I wouldn't buy it because of it.
There's no such thing as a painless lesson.
They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary.
You can't gain anything without losing something first.
Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it,
you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
- Fullmetal Alchemist
Oct 6, 2013 12:50 AM

Sep 2013
I really hope it'll be good I doubt it will :/ I don't think its being released out of Japan though ><
Oct 6, 2013 3:33 AM

Mar 2013
It should be released in North America and Central Europe later on as well.
There is a bit lower chance for Australia, but we shall see.
Oct 6, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2011
kiikzzy said:
It doesn't mind how good the anime is, I wouldn't buy it because of it.

Come on... the anime's universe would do a hell of a game if properly made.

More topics from this board

» Pokemon Leaks reveal censorship. Winking too lewd!!!!

rohan121 - 9 hours ago

4 by KittenCuddler »»
1 hour ago

» How old is your computer? ( 1 2 3 4 )

CastletonSnob - Mar 12, 2021

158 by Euroqean »»
3 hours ago

» Steam checkout banner clarifies you don’t own the game you buy — GOG takes a jab at Steam, saying it gives users offline installers that cannot be taken away

deg - Oct 11

8 by DesuMaiden »»
9 hours ago

» What games are better to watch a streamer/youtuber play than play yourself?

Yuno - Sep 29

31 by FanofAction »»
10 hours ago

» Chinese gacha "Zenless Zone Zero" got censored (no surprise)

Tropisch - Nov 24, 2023

13 by Phosphorescence »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.