Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2013 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
Why can't the community here ever be friendly?

Nov 2010
mattbenz99 said:
what dubs have you seen because as someone who watches dubs regularly i can tell you that the majority of them are actually pretty damn good. especially since the japanese versions tend to be so unrealistic. i mean who on gods green earth talks like some of the people in the japanese version
About 30 anime when I was younger, some video games and other movies. Majority of them are actually pretty damn good in your opinion you mean. I think the Japanese version tends to be realistic enough. And what kind of old person sounds like a 20 year old, oh yeah that's right, dub's old characters played by 20 year olds.

Jun 2012
elevenletters said:
renders said:

I sent you a friend request. :>
LMAO
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 18, 2013 2:22 PM
May 2010
elevenletters said:
renders said:

Great success..
Worships Asparagus.

Jan 2012
elevenletters said:
renders said:

it would have been funnier if you actually sent it xD

Mar 2012
Veronin said:
renders said:
Shrabster said:
Obvious commoners with no taste.

a wild elitist has appeared

Behold, the dirty plebeian has gone defensive.
Look, The plebian stole his beloved Azunyan!

Oct 2012
Nidstang said:

Jun 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Oct 2012
miereneronaile said:
Class warfare on an internet forum? Interesting..

It all seems so trivial from up here...

Jun 18, 2013 2:24 PM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:

Battlechili1 said:
Dubs are almost the exact same as the subtitled version.

Ummm no ? otherwise there will be no sub vs dub argument.

Watch Gurren Lagann dubbed.
Then watch it subbed.
Watch Madoka Magica subbed.
Then watch it dubbed.
The storyline is the same. The music is the same. The dialogue is similar. The art and animation are the same.
Dubs are almost the exact same as subs, usually.

Jan 2012
SaberRitsu said:
Veronin said:
renders said:
Shrabster said:

aaaw look who got unbanned
elitist no 9871
May 2010
Shrabster said:
miereneronaile said:
Class warfare on an internet forum? Interesting..

It all seems so trivial from up here...

It wont seem trivial when you are being stabbed with hundreds of pitchforks from down there...
Worships Asparagus.

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:
what dubs have you seen because as someone who watches dubs regularly i can tell you that the majority of them are actually pretty damn good. especially since the japanese versions tend to be so unrealistic. i mean who on gods green earth talks like some of the people in the japanese version
About 30 anime when I was younger, some video games and other movies. Majority of them are actually pretty damn good in your opinion you mean. I think the Japanese version tends to be realistic enough. And what kind of old person sounds like a 20 year old, oh yeah that's right, dub's old characters played by 20 year olds.

no not in my opinion i know they are good. although i can respect that the version you watch first will be your preferred version but saying that universally all dubs are bad is just straight out incorrect
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:
About 30 anime when I was younger, some video games and other movies. Majority of them are actually pretty damn good in your opinion you mean. I think the Japanese version tends to be realistic enough. And what kind of old person sounds like a 20 year old, oh yeah that's right, dub old characters played by 20 year olds.

Yeah i agree. A friend of mine doesn’t favour subs or dubs, but enjoys an anime in whatever format he STARTS watching it in.

He watched the original FMA in dubs which he liked, then FMA:B in subs which he again liked.
For most people its what you're used to and i think in mattbenz99's case it’s what you're used to.

IntroverTurtle and I (if i can assume), watched dubs when we were younger, but watched subs when we were older and found it much more fitting to the anime.
Jun 18, 2013 2:25 PM

Apr 2011
natssuu said:
Nidstang said:

inb4 ban

Honestly, I like these kinds of threads the most.
May 2010
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:

no not in my opinion i know they are good. although i can respect that the version you watch first will be your preferred version saying that universally all dubs are bad is just straight out incorrect

You cant know a subjective opinion is right.

/Facepalm.
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 2012
renders said:

Is this a trick question?

Nov 2010
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:

no not in my opinion i know they are good. although i can respect that the version you watch first will be your preferred version saying that universally all dubs are bad is just straight out incorrect
They are good in your opinion, it is not a fact.

Mar 2012
Nidstang said:
LimeSlate said:
>MLP

Leave
The
Thread
Now

Why?
a) It's not anime
b) MLP is pretty fucking gay.
Jun 18, 2013 2:26 PM

Oct 2012
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:

As long as people admit Death Note's dub is terrible, I don't care about sub vs. dub debates
Jun 18, 2013 2:26 PM

Apr 2011
SaberRitsu said:
Nidstang said:
LimeSlate said:
>MLP

Leave
The
Thread
Now

Why?
a) It's not anime

You are automatically an idiot for saying that anything's gay in my book. Idiot.
Jun 18, 2013 2:27 PM
Apr 2010
SaberRitsu said:
Nidstang said:
LimeSlate said:
>MLP

Leave
The
Thread
Now

Why?
a) It's not anime

>has metrosexual Dante as an avatar

Feb 2008
SaberRitsu said:
Veronin said:
renders said:
Shrabster said:

Nonsense. I'm just keeping Noire happy in a completely platonic relationship... yeah, that's right. Right.

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:

so are you saying cowboy bebop has a bad dub? oh how the fanboys of that show will attack you
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Mar 2012
renders said:
SaberRitsu said:
Veronin said:
renders said:
Shrabster said:

elitist no 9871
I'll take that as a compliment

Dec 2012
Mem521 said:
Ok, what anime makes you cringe if you see it in another person’s favourites and feel 'better' then them?

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Sakurasa no pet no Kanajo
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied
Jun 18, 2013 2:28 PM

Nov 2010
Mem521 said:
IntroverTurtle and I (if i can assume), watched dubs when we were younger, but watched subs when we were older and found it much more fitting to the anime.
Yes that's correct. I started to notice that the characters weren't fitting their roles when I was like 11 or 12, yelling sounded awkward, old people you could tell were played by teenagers, etc.

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

so are you saying cowboy bebop has a bad dub? oh how the fanboys of that show will attack you
Where did I say that? I said that it's an opinion that the dubs you say are good, are good. Just like saying any dub is good or even any anime is good or bad. It's all an opinion.

Aug 2012
Battlechili1 said:

You can like everything and still recognize quality in one thing over another.
If someone liked any kind of ice cream (I like almost any kind of ice cream. Almost), I would still take their favorite ice cream into consideration. Why? Because they may like one thing VASTLY more then the other, but still like both. This is only really a problem if they like everything a similar amount.
Exactly. I don't understand why some people don't understand this.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 2012
I'm not elitist, just someone with extremely high personal standards.
Feb 2012
SaberRitsu said:
renders said:
SaberRitsu said:
Veronin said:
renders said:
Shrabster said:

elitist no 9871
I'll take that as a compliment

I'm moemoekyun 235032
Jun 18, 2013 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:
Yes that's correct. I started to notice that the characters weren't fitting their roles when I was like 11 or 12, yelling sounded awkward, old people you could tell were played by teenagers, etc.

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Where did I say that? I said that it's an opinion, just like saying any dub is good or even any anime is good or bad. It's all an opinion.

you said dubs are bad

Jun 18, 2013 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
Mem521 said:
Ok, what anime makes you cringe if you see it in another person’s favourites and feel 'better' then them?

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied

I understand the rest but if you think someone who likes NHK is a dirty plebian, you might have shit taste.
Jun 18, 2013 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Nidstang said:

This is a sign. When people randomly post MLP in a thread about anime elitists, we know we've gone too off topic and troll-y.

We should get back on topic.

Also, kudos for derpy pic.

Apr 2011
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Where did I say that? I said that it's an opinion, just like saying any dub is good or even any anime is good or bad. It's all an opinion.

you said dubs are bad

No he didn't.

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

Good, i didn't want to assume incorrectly ^^

Oct 2012
SaberRitsu said:
tsudecimo said:
Mem521 said:

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied

I understand the rest but if you think someone who likes NHK is a dirty plebian, you might have shit taste.

I've heard the manga was better and the anime added too much comedy(?), so perhaps that's why?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jun 18, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
Mem521 said:

Same here. I think that's the case for the majority because w/e gateway anime you have watched was probably dubbed.

Mar 2013
Tavor said:
SaberRitsu said:
tsudecimo said:
Mem521 said:

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied

I've heard the manga was better, so perhaps that's why?
I personally thought the novel was better.

Apr 2011
Battlechili1 said:
Nidstang said:

This is a sign. When people randomly post MLP in a thread about anime elitists, we know we've gone too off topic and troll-y.

We should get back on topic.

Also, kudos for derpy pic.

I went full troll-mode for that post.

Thanks for the kudos. I wanna start a "Help Derpy" campaign.

Nov 2010
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad
No I just said that it was your opinion that dubs sounded good, not that they weren't good.

Mem521 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

No problem.

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
Mem521 said:

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied

So you feel better then me for liking NGE XD
Well at least you were honest.

Oct 2012
Nikin said:
I personally thought the novel was better.

Or that.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Mar 2013
Nidstang said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad

No he didn't.

he said dubs sound wrong

Jun 18, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
mattbenz99 said:
Nidstang said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad

No he didn't.

he said dubs sound wrong

No he didn't.
May 2010
mattbenz99 said:
Nidstang said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad

No he didn't.

he said dubs sound wrong

They do though..
Worships Asparagus.
Jul 2010
gamer2710 said:
miereneronaile said:
Also, elitists are scum, and a few dubs are not abominations.
Fixed your typos.

There. I fixed it for ya

IntroverTurtle said:
Let me try.
Raw>Subs> > > > > no sound> > >poop>> > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >dubs

Once in a while MAL surprises me with its wisdom. Splendid.

Battlechili1 said:
Dubs are almost the exact same as the subtitled version.

Even if you believe that English is the language of the gods, dubbed versions are often censored. That is generally more than enough reason for any rational person to always watch foreign media subbed.

Mar 2012
Tavor said:
SaberRitsu said:
tsudecimo said:
Mem521 said:

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied

I've heard the manga was better and the anime added too much comedy(?), so perhaps that's why?
For what it was, it was still a pretty good adaptation. The animation sucked but the atmosphere and the soundtrack was perfect
Jun 18, 2013 2:33 PM

Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad
No I just said that it was your opinion that dubs sounded good, not that they weren't good.

Mem521 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

No problem.

ok then in your opinion subs are better than dubs.

Jun 18, 2013 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
SaberRitsu said:
tsudecimo said:
Mem521 said:

Ano hana
NGE
Welcome to the NHK
Black Lagoon
Elfen Lied

The novel is good but if you think the anime is good then you have shit taste.

Mar 2013
miereneronaile said:
mattbenz99 said:
Nidstang said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad

No he didn't.

he said dubs sound wrong

They do though..

no they dont

Feb 2013
mattbenz99 said:
Nidstang said:
mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mem521 said:

mattbenz99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you said dubs are bad

No he didn't.

he said dubs sound wrong

You can't deny at some point Dubs are going to sound wrong.

It is another company and set of people interpreting someone else’s work, assigning their own voices actors and directing them on each scene differently. Two people from different countries and mind sets are not always going to agree and get it right.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

108 by a8612157 »»
7 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

138 by Cielord »»
12 minutes ago

» Character(s) you would wrestle with if they were real

IpreferEcchi - Jun 9

6 by Zarutaku »»
21 minutes ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

7 by Zarutaku »»
30 minutes ago

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Jun 12

18 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.